FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Women's Space

Women's Space

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Dear Fabswingers...

Please can you take a look at the posts in the Swingers Chat forum under the headings -

"I want an fff"

and

"Calling ALL Forum fems"

There is a real need for some sort of women's social forum on here

Or - even better - a "FabGirls" site - just for us to natter away etc! I'd be very happy to pay to be a member!!!

Please do give it some serious thought...

.... Please everso...???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some sites have the facility to make sub forums where it is only open to males or females. It would be fantastic if this site could do that. Two issues: women profiles only so females of the couples would be required to get a singles profile; and men who pose as women... Hence entry would have to be via pic verification.

Other than that... Go on Fab... You truly would have the best site around, and look at the great pr advertising: a "sex" site where women support each other, therefore removing isolation and vulnerability somewhat .

Thanks for starting the ball rolling, Cupcake!

We need this....

Give me a shout anytime you fancy a natter...

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Hmmm more single women profiles of women that are not actual single but with an excuse of but i use it to go in the woman zone.

What happens when the men of couples decide to go look?

All this does is further isolate single men. So its a no thanks from me.

Why not go a step further and have forum for

TV's

T/S's

single men,

mature men,

Asian men

Asian women, gingers,

blondes

married men

married women, single women

Tall people

short people

fat people

thin people

disabled people

people with HIV

I suppose there could be more.

whats the point, its a sex site, men and women

young and old

fat and thin,

why segregate,

if you want support and to chat to a specific group of people, the facility already exists.

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Why not go a step further and have forum for

TV's

T/S's

single men,

mature men,

Asian men

Asian women, gingers,

blondes

married men

married women, single women

Tall people

short people

fat people

thin people

disabled people

people with HIV

I suppose there could be more.

whats the point, its a sex site, men and women

young and old

fat and thin,

why segregate,

if you want support and to chat to a specific group of people, the facility already exists."

Oooh yes a fat bird section. Me likey!

Julie x

"

if you want support and to chat to a specific GROUP of people, the facility already exists."

Where?

Are single women the more vulnerable group here?

It's not about segregation but I guess the pc brigade do have to put the mockers on something that in it's conception is merely supportive not prejudicial.

of course single women are not more vunerable, than any other person, if you read the threads about attacks, its usually single guys getting bashed, and mugged when attending a meet, it all depends how you go about, protecting your safety.

"of course single women are not more vunerable, than any other person, if you read the threads about attacks, its usually single guys getting bashed, and mugged when attending a meet, it all depends how you go about, protecting your safety."

I disagree apart from the filtering process one has to protect themselves.

The three distinct groups of fab are women, men, and TV/TS (people in couples will fall into the mentioned categories) and I do not see anything wrong with each group having a support subforum (if possible). Fat, disabled etc is just inane.

It's not about vulnerability!

It's about just being able to have social contact and being able to just natter with others without outside pressures - or without some guy trying to hijack things with long, pointless threads....

"of course single women are not more vunerable, than any other person, if you read the threads about attacks, its usually single guys getting bashed, and mugged when attending a meet, it all depends how you go about, protecting your safety.

The three distinct groups of fab are women, men, and TV/TS (people in couples will fall into the mentioned categories) and I do not see anything wrong with each group having a support subforum (if possible). Fat, disabled etc is just inane."

I take it your not disabled? or fat?

"of course single women are not more vunerable, than any other person, if you read the threads about attacks, its usually single guys getting bashed, and mugged when attending a meet, it all depends how you go about, protecting your safety.

The three distinct groups of fab are women, men, and TV/TS (people in couples will fall into the mentioned categories) and I do not see anything wrong with each group having a support subforum (if possible). Fat, disabled etc is just inane.

I take it your not disabled? or fat? "

Size CAN be a perception (I perceive myself to be fat and others may not for example). Disabilities come in various forms. I could have have picked out the more ludicrous suggestion of blondes/gingers.

Argue the point that ALL people come under a gender (identity).

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Complaining people are in the PC brigade because they don't like a suggestion is a bit childish

Don't forget, whatever the suggestion people are allowed to comment.

Why has this thread quickly gone to segregating the very people it's trying to help?? Personally I think it's a great idea. It's about support and making the site a safe and happy place for single women, something the administrators should be supporting. If word gets round that the site has a support network for the more vulnerable groups membership would increase. If not single women will leave.........in their droves!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" If word gets round that the site has a support network for the more vulnerable groups membership would increase. If not single women will leave.........in their droves! "

Really?

"Complaining people are in the PC brigade because they don't like a suggestion is a bit childish

Don't forget, whatever the suggestion people are allowed to comment. "

Your opinion of my opinion can be seen as patronisation but that won't help the cause!

" If word gets round that the site has a support network for the more vulnerable groups membership would increase. If not single women will leave.........in their droves!

Really? "

That's what I thought

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" the cause"

Either way, the idea in the feedback section for Admin to consider is being overlooked by people who look like they need to step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Maybe let the suggestion run so Admin can see who wants it or not

" If word gets round that the site has a support network for the more vulnerable groups membership would increase. If not single women will leave.........in their droves!

Really? "

Yeh. Cos 'genuine' women would appreciate support. Couples can get the support from each other.

"Why has this thread quickly gone to segregating the very people it's trying to help?? Personally I think it's a great idea. It's about support and making the site a safe and happy place for single women, something the administrators should be supporting. If word gets round that the site has a support network for the more vulnerable groups membership would increase. If not single women will leave.........in their droves! "

I cannot see the negative impact of not arranging a support subforum as it is the status quo. However the positive impact of a subforum is there potentially once word gets out.

Really?

Yeh. Cos 'genuine' women would appreciate support. Couples can get the support from each other."

What do you mean by 'genuine' ?

Good idea, and one to ban the idiots,timewasters and people who ruin this site. I left a year ago for that reason. I came back and its out of control. I am thinking of leaving again.Its a shame it use to be good on here.

Really?

Yeh. Cos 'genuine' women would appreciate support. Couples can get the support from each other.

What do you mean by 'genuine' ?"

By genuine I mean not men having profiles posing as women. Thought that would be obvious!

Really?

What do you mean by 'genuine' ?

By genuine I mean not men having profiles posing as women. Thought that would be obvious! "

I'm very sorry that it wasn't obvious to me, I disagree with what you say about genuine woman would appreciate support. A lot may do but some will not.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

At this rate this thread will be gone very soon anyways so its all mute really

Really?

What do you

By genuine I mean not men having profiles posing as women. Thought that would be obvious!

I'm very sorry that it wasn't obvious to me, I disagree with what you say about genuine woman would appreciate support. A lot may do but some will not. "

Maybe I could have worded it better -but wouldn't it be great to have the choice? Women could chose to use it if needed.

Really?

What do you

I'm very sorry that it wasn't obvious to me, I disagree with what you say about genuine woman would appreciate support. A lot may do but some will not.

Maybe I could have worded it better -but wouldn't it be great to have the choice? Women could chose to use it if needed. "

Now see that sounds much better and I would agree with that

Really?

What do you

Maybe I could have worded it better -but wouldn't it be great to have the choice? Women could chose to use it if needed.

Now see that sounds much better and I would agree with that "

Ahh it's all in the wording

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

"

Maybe let the suggestion run so Admin can see who wants it or not "

All suggestions are valid and everyone is entitled to their opinion. How many of those opinions/threads showing pro/cons will be sufficient for the site owners to consider the change? Who knows, but it is worth a try and I would expect every group represented on fabs to be able to give feedback!

My vote is against, not because it is not a valid suggestion, because I see this as creating an even stronger feeling that there are Cl***es on Fabs. Call me cynic, I totally deserve it and stand by it. Furthermore I not believe that everyone will be able to forget marital status and sexual preferences and just be nice and helpful - more cynicism based on personal experience.

Really?

Yeh. Cos 'genuine' women would appreciate support. Couples can get the support from each other."

Im single, Im female, Im genuine...Im also not here to meet/chat to women and would not consider leaving based on there being no 'support group' for women. I can see it morphing into a gossip forum and will get even more difficult for single guys to meet on here, perhaps causing them to leave 'in droves. Nothing wrong with the site as it is.

Really? "

Wow - so much anger and bitterness on this thread over a simple request for something that we'd rather like to use...

My partner and I (paid site supporters) are both on the verge of leaving when our subs run out - and this is a key issue that would make us stay.

Further, we'd both be paid supporters of any prospective FabGirls site - and would actively support and befriend it's users...

But so much aggression ..... do we really want to be a part of it anymore?

Maybe the majority do want a site that is unsupportive, and where they can pull people down rather than help lift them up... Or are some of us just tired of quietly listening to it, and desperately looking elsewhere...? I know where we stand, and perhaps we already know our answers...

Really?

Wow - so much anger and bitterness on this thread over a simple request for something that we'd rather like to use...

My partner and I (paid site supporters) are both on the verge of leaving when our subs run out - and this is a key issue that would make us stay.

Further, we'd both be paid supporters of any prospective FabGirls site - and would actively support and befriend it's users...

But so much aggression ..... do we really want to be a part of it anymore?

Maybe the majority do want a site that is unsupportive, and where they can pull people down rather than help lift them up... Or are some of us just tired of quietly listening to it, and desperately looking elsewhere...? I know where we stand, and perhaps we already know our answers...

"

Anger?

Bitterness?

Aggression?

Where....all I see are people offering differing views to yours.

swinging should be an inclusive not exlusive lifestyle. And that includes these forums.

Without having reading the threads referred to at the top am i missing something? How and why did women suddenly become vulnerable and need support?

"swinging should be an inclusive not exlusive lifestyle. And that includes these forums.

Without having reading the threads referred to at the top am i missing something? How and why did women suddenly become vulnerable and need support?"

I have no idea and am not bothered about it either so long as it's an opt in function. Function probably the wrong word but I know what I mean.

Really?

Im single, Im female, Im genuine...Im also not here to meet/chat to women and would not consider leaving based on there being no 'support group' for women. I can see it morphing into a gossip forum and will get even more difficult for single guys to meet on here, perhaps causing them to leave 'in droves. Nothing wrong with the site as it is. "

Speaking of morphing, this idea has morphed from finding a "fab friend" in the real world. This may be difficult for some due to their locations or even real life commitments, hence having a group for support could be a lifeline. You could see it as an extension of a "phone buddy" support system. It isn't centred on women finding women for sex (though if that happens that's an added benefit for those whose friendships develop, perhaps).

Rules that stand now could prevent the gossiping fear. That would happen in private mail .

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Anger?

Bitterness?

Aggression?

Where....all I see are people offering differing views to yours."

The post quoted was mine, I didn't offer a view on it at all, it was more just one word asking a question which was answered by the person I quoted.

To the OP, this is the Feedback section, if you post a suggestion people will comment on it or what is being written.

They won't always agree with what you write, but that is the nature of the forum.

Either way, you are in the right section for your suggestion for Admin to read but it is being spoiled and getting lost inbetween the posts suggesting that people are doing something they are not.

As suggested by me up there....maybe let it run to see what people think and Admin will no doubt read it

Just to add a little something for possibly Admin/owner interest:

I moderate a social forum (it's not a "sex" site, so site to site comparisons do not exist). The Admin/owner did set up a girls only forum (entry via gender status on profile). There was a little unrest as men thought they'd be "targeted" or gossiped about. Actually curiosity is a better word.

Well the subforum "works" by those who choose to use it and is forgotten about by others, in other words it is not a big deal. In fact it isn't that greatly used because most members want the full interaction.

It just sees the light of day when women DO just want to discuss things with other women because they may feel a little vulnerable/intimidated/insecure.

Can I just add that feeling vulnerable is probably the key to the issue as opposed to being vulnerable as a person.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"Just to add a little something for possibly Admin/owner interest:

I moderate a social forum (it's not a "sex" site, so site to site comparisons do not exist). The Admin/owner did set up a girls only forum (entry via gender status on profile). There was a little unrest as men thought they'd be "targeted" or gossiped about. Actually curiosity is a better word.

Well the subforum "works" by those who choose to use it and is forgotten about by others, in other words it is not a big deal. In fact it isn't that greatly used because most members want the full interaction.

It just sees the light of day when women DO just want to discuss things with other women because they may feel a little vulnerable/intimidated/insecure.

Can I just add that feeling vulnerable is probably the key to the issue as opposed to being vulnerable as a person."

We would consider the swinging lifestyle not suitable for vulnerable/intimidated/insecure people......

» Add a new message to this topic