FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Finding members Search dose not work

Finding members Search dose not work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

Several times I have met members who gave me their fab names but when I tried to find them on the site the browse function produced no member found I presumed they had given me a fasle name WORNG Last week I met a lovely lady but when i tried to find her to leave feedback there she was However did the same search later and no member found arghh She has now given me feed back and IS on hte site Cummon FB sort this out I must seem rude to all the ppl I have met and could not contact any one else have this problem ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is her profile hidden ?

"Several times I have met members who gave me their fab names but when I tried to find them on the site the browse function produced no member found I presumed they had given me a fasle name WORNG Last week I met a lovely lady but when i tried to find her to leave feedback there she was However did the same search later and no member found arghh She has now given me feed back and IS on hte site Cummon FB sort this out I must seem rude to all the ppl I have met and could not contact any one else have this problem ?"

sometimes instead of typing the whole name just type four letters of it that gets you a much better search.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Several times I have met members who gave me their fab names but when I tried to find them on the site the browse function produced no member found I presumed they had given me a fasle name WORNG Last week I met a lovely lady but when i tried to find her to leave feedback there she was However did the same search later and no member found arghh She has now given me feed back and IS on hte site Cummon FB sort this out I must seem rude to all the ppl I have met and could not contact any one else have this problem ?

sometimes instead of typing the whole name just type four letters of it that gets you a much better search. "

It does, however it is very annoying to then have to sift through all the results.

I've given up with the user name and search functions on here, it is shockingly poor

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Is her profile hidden ? "
Good question! If the profile is hidden, you'll get the "Sorry, we couldn't find any users with that search". If they have hidden their profile, but want to communicate with you, get them to send you a message, then you'll be able to reply!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You might have to write it down, as not everyone spells their name the way you expect.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"You might have to write it down, as not everyone spells their name the way you expect."

Admin x

kinky land

Even when you know the spelling, the profile is not hidden and you have the spaces in correctly it still throws up 'no results found' it doesn't even suggest alternatives.

If you've met with someone in a club and they've written down their fabs handle, you then have no other way of getting in touch so I can fully understand why it is frustrating.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Even when you know the spelling, the profile is not hidden and you have the spaces in correctly it still throws up 'no results found' it doesn't even suggest alternatives."

What's the username in question?

Admin x

Im thinking dyslexia or a sticky keyboard lol

kinky land

"Even when you know the spelling, the profile is not hidden and you have the spaces in correctly it still throws up 'no results found' it doesn't even suggest alternatives.

Admin x"

Its happened numerous times in the last few weeks but I've been found by leaving a club review

By *rivate auditionsMan  over a year ago

West Midlands

"

sometimes instead of typing the whole name just type four letters of it that gets you a much better search. "

it seems to get overloaded trying to find the full name but the 4 letters does work for sure!.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Even when you know the spelling, the profile is not hidden and you have the spaces in correctly it still throws up 'no results found' it doesn't even suggest alternatives.

Admin x

Its happened numerous times in the last few weeks but I've been found by leaving a club review "

Let us know in this thread next time we can check it out

Admin x

I have had same issue with a couple was friends with on here for reasons unknown to either of us we can no longer find each other they have seen my block list and vice versa so god knows why. Anyone got a clue.

Admin x

Its happened numerous times in the last few weeks but I've been found by leaving a club review

Admin x"

Admin see post below please as similar probs username in question masonflanders. Thanks

Admin x

Admin x

Admin see post below please as similar probs username in question masonflanders. Thanks"

I found them straight away , very strange.

Admin x

Admin x

Admin see post below please as similar probs username in question masonflanders. Thanks

I found them straight away , very strange. "

Not them either I mean how I found them straight away.

Warrington & Glasgow

" username in question masonflanders. Thanks

I found them straight away , very strange. "

Yes, here too! Even searching for "flan" produces a list with them in it. Similarly, searching for "Quirk", brings up a list with only 5 on it.

" username in question masonflanders. Thanks

I found them straight away , very strange. Yes, here too! Even searching for "flan" produces a list with them in it. Similarly, searching for "Quirk", brings up a list with only 5 on it."

I got the same result as you with that as well.

Just dont make sense as neither have anyone on blocklist.hope admin can help.

Bump

kinky land

One of the reasons my new user name begins with qui is because not many people use qui as with my last user name I'm making it easy to be found and in lists of attendee's and what not I find the q's easily and quickly (some method in madness)

Admin, I cant even remember the user names of those I've tried searching for in the last few weeks, never mind years but when you try searching something along the lines of 'princess'

Is there any way we could have a user name search with limited results I.e list only the couples or single men/women?

Warrington & Glasgow

"Admin, I cant even remember the user names of those I've tried searching for in the last few weeks, never mind years but when you try searching something along the lines of 'princess' "
Aaaahhhhhhh!

Now I see what you mean - it's not that you can't find any names containing "princess" it's that the Name search results page only shows the most-recently-logged-on matches (50?)! That does make it difficult to search for a half remembered user name, from a party last weekend, but surely you can find them if you have the exact username?

.... Maybe there IS a market for "You've just swung(/met/had coffee) with xxxxxx" name cards?

» Add a new message to this topic