FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Meets & Events Distance Filter?

Meets & Events Distance Filter?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igwaves OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Cumbria

We live in the rural backwater of West Cumbria, and when searching for meets & events, we can only filter to the North West. This includes Crewe, (3hrs drive), Manchester (2h 30m drive), and into West Yorkshire (3hrs), which make the bulk of the meets. We can spend ages trawling through these far away meets, which is time consuming and irritating.

We would suggest a filter by distance from postcode, as can be done in browse for profiles.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 29/09/13 20:12:40]

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I think this was trialed for London a while back, It can be frustrating if you live on a county border or in a city, as postcodes do not run by distance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Surely post codes would give an accurate distance as Apposed to a massive area ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Surely post codes would give an accurate distance as Apposed to a massive area ?"

They really don't. I have this problem with the local updates feature. I have an HP postcode, so Fab treats HP as my local area. This means that an update in Marlow (SL postcode) 6 miles away isn't 'local', but one 25 miles away in Hemel Hempstead (HP postcode) is. Even the first half of the postcode can cover a large area in rural parts of the country.

The regions don't work anyway because people don't agree on what they mean - I've seen my part of south Buckinghamshire described as South East, Greater London and East Midlands before.

Distance based on town is the only to be even close to accurate for most of the country, but how would that work in a large city?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Surely post codes would give an accurate distance as Apposed to a massive area ?

They really don't. I have this problem with the local updates feature. I have an HP postcode, so Fab treats HP as my local area. This means that an update in Marlow (SL postcode) 6 miles away isn't 'local', but one 25 miles away in Hemel Hempstead (HP postcode) is. Even the first half of the postcode can cover a large area in rural parts of the country.

The regions don't work anyway because people don't agree on what they mean - I've seen my part of south Buckinghamshire described as South East, Greater London and East Midlands before.

Distance based on town is the only to be even close to accurate for most of the country, but how would that work in a large city?"

We're testing distance based stuff for update feeds based on first half of postcode in London and plan to roll it out sitewide in future.

So it would work on proximity based on centre of your postcode e.g. N20 or whatever

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic