FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ninja viewers

Ninja viewers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *enrietteandSam OP   Couple 6 weeks ago

Staffordshire

It’s my view that those profiles that use this feature to view others shouldn’t be able to see who’s viewed them either.

It’s high time the fab community embraced equality.

Like, hidden profiles shouldn’t be able to view others.

It’s a fucked up world.

If you fit into one of those categories I hope you feel seen.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illan-KillashMan 6 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"It’s my view that those profiles that use this feature to view others shouldn’t be able to see who’s viewed them either.

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

"

The irony in complaining about hidden profiles and ending with "I hope you feel seen"

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 6 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I only use the who's looked at me feature to scan through for the stalker when it feels like that's appropriate.

People can fab however they like. I usually just block hidden profiles.

Staffordshire

"It’s my view that those profiles that use this feature to view others shouldn’t be able to see who’s viewed them either.

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

The irony in complaining about hidden profiles and ending with "I hope you feel seen"

"

*takes a bow*

Staffordshire

"I only use the who's looked at me feature to scan through for the stalker when it feels like that's appropriate.

People can fab however they like. I usually just block hidden profiles."

I did open with, “it’s my view”.

People couldn’t use fab that way if the moderation changes the features.

That’s my point.

Staffordshire

Christ… that was swift.

If only the games police were this fast.

By *heonixrising500Man 6 weeks ago

Barnsley

All welcome to look at me

By *ucka39Man 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

Something new I suppose 😂🤣

By *ipstick KissesWoman 6 weeks ago

South Down

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

"

When your profile is hidden your profile views are zero anyway. Because your hidden 🤷‍♀️

And until the option becomes available of being able to show as not online, or I need time to manage the messages I've already received, I'll continue to intermittently hide my profile with zero shame.

Staffordshire

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

When your profile is hidden your profile views are zero anyway. Because your hidden 🤷‍♀️

And until the option becomes available of being able to show as not online, or I need time to manage the messages I've already received, I'll continue to intermittently hide my profile with zero shame."

You feel the shame.

That’s why you’ve commented.

It’s ok lady.

A little shame is good for the soul.

Like when I licked that ice cream off the cinema seat.

Carlisle usually

"I did open with, “it’s my view”.

People couldn’t use fab that way if the moderation changes the features.

That’s my point."

You also said that people who do it should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel no shame.

As noted above, hiding profiles is one of the easier ways of not being immediately harangued every time you log on. It's also something I used while stalker was still active and I still wanted to be able to talk to the people I know on here. I did still look at profiles whilst hidden to make sure he was blocked before unhiding.

Personally I'd much prefer an appear offline feature and keeping hiding profiles for an actual break from fab thing in general though. There aren't that many people that require restraining orders. But, there's already plenty of improvements that are due long before such.

And people can fab how they like 💜

By *ipstick KissesWoman 6 weeks ago

South Down

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

And until the option becomes available of being able to show as not online, or I need time to manage the messages I've already received, I'll continue to intermittently hide my profile with zero shame.

You feel the shame.

That’s why you’ve commented.

It’s ok lady.

A little shame is good for the soul.

Like when I licked that ice cream off the cinema seat."

Perhaps you're deflecting your own shame from me pointing out that your profile views are zero when hidden, thus your first point is moot? 🤷‍♀️

By *iss DevilWoman 6 weeks ago

Bedford

I view profiles in "ninja" mode as I don't want the "you looked at me, fancy a fuck" type of messages in my inbox. I don't overly care who looked at me.

By *bxanfCouple 6 weeks ago

Inside your walls

"I view profiles in "ninja" mode as I don't want the "you looked at me, fancy a fuck" type of messages in my inbox. I don't overly care who looked at me. "

This is exactly why we use ninia mode too.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 6 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

It’s a fucked up world.

Hang your heads.

Shame.

You feel the shame."

Give me the answer, as to how you can do others feelings for them....

Don't it get draining......draining enough doing my own feelings at times 🤣🤣

Mr

By *uliette500Woman 6 weeks ago

Hull

"I view profiles in "ninja" mode as I don't want the "you looked at me, fancy a fuck" type of messages in my inbox. I don't overly care who looked at me. "

And this is exactly why most women including myself do it.

I feel no shame at all.

Staffordshire

You all keep scrubbing but the shame just don’t wash off.

Hull

"You all keep scrubbing but the shame just don’t wash off."

What is your issue? I don't understand why it's such a oroblem for you?

By *ink vixenCouple 6 weeks ago

Medway

It sounds like your self esteem based upon the number of people that view you.

Get over it.

People like to look without the risk of it leading to more of an exchange.

Carlisle usually

I hope the attempt at a contentious thread improved your viewed numbers enough to shoo away some of the bitterness 💜

By *mmaleiaWoman 6 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

& proud!

By *uckurcumMan 6 weeks ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Doesn't bother me .... profiles on this and any other site are like an advertising billboard ... If someone chooses to look in 'Ninja' mode so be it ...

As the saying goes ' No publicity is bad publicity ' ...well usually!

Staffordshire

"I hope the attempt at a contentious thread improved your viewed numbers enough to shoo away some of the bitterness 💜"

Ha.

On a serious note.

Actually, I’ve just reread your earlier posts and it strikes me that all of your points are a bit silly.

To explain: you still have full access to message friends and receive messages in hidden modes so that’s not applicable.

You mention a stalker and they will of just opened a new profile or two, gone straight into ninja mode and can freely access your profile without detection. Screen grabbing pictures and general stalkish behaviour with no chance of you ever knowing.

The main reason people move around the internet undetected is because they are up to something and detection would compromise that activity.

I just think it should be a level playing field, if you hide then you should have no access to other profile information.

The ninja thing is just plain wrong and a licence to stalk.

Hull

"I hope the attempt at a contentious thread improved your viewed numbers enough to shoo away some of the bitterness 💜

Ha.

On a serious note.

Actually, I’ve just reread your earlier posts and it strikes me that all of your points are a bit silly.

To explain: you still have full access to message friends and receive messages in hidden modes so that’s not applicable.

You mention a stalker and they will of just opened a new profile or two, gone straight into ninja mode and can freely access your profile without detection. Screen grabbing pictures and general stalkish behaviour with no chance of you ever knowing.

The main reason people move around the internet undetected is because they are up to something and detection would compromise that activity.

I just think it should be a level playing field, if you hide then you should have no access to other profile information.

The ninja thing is just plain wrong and a licence to stalk. "

What a load of crap. 99% of people who view without being seen are doing it so it doesn't lead to tons of messages from people who they are not interested in.

It's really not as deep as you think it is.

You should see what it's like being a woman or a couple on here. One look at a profile and you get a "I saw you looked at me fancy a fuck" message back.

Nothing negative or underhand going on at all just saving ourselves the hassle of unwanted messages.

People also hide profile when the want to take a break from here but don't want to delete their profile again nothing at all underhand.

By *enrietteandSam OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Staffordshire

"I hope the attempt at a contentious thread improved your viewed numbers enough to shoo away some of the bitterness 💜

Ha.

On a serious note.

What a load of crap. 99% of people who view without being seen are doing it so it doesn't lead to tons of messages from people who they are not interested in.

It's really not as deep as you think it is.

You should see what it's like being a woman or a couple on here. One look at a profile and you get a "I saw you looked at me fancy a fuck" message back.

Nothing negative or underhand going on at all just saving ourselves the hassle of unwanted messages.

People also hide profile when the want to take a break from here but don't want to delete their profile again nothing at all underhand. "

Yes, ok

By *WB85Man 5 weeks ago

Staffordshire

I agree with you, seems rather unfair.

I've never really thought about it before.

By *uliette500Woman 5 weeks ago

Hull

"I agree with you, seems rather unfair.

I've never really thought about it before. "

Why is it unfair? Everone has the ability to do it so it's not really an unfair system.

By *iss DevilWoman 5 weeks ago

Bedford

"I agree with you, seems rather unfair.

I've never really thought about it before. "

Would you like to be getting "you looked at me, fancy a fuck" or similar each time you looked at someone's profile?

By *ay W. BeauWoman 5 weeks ago

Wolvo

People should be allowed to hide profiles for a break. Maybe only interact with those on their friends list and no one new?! When messaged from a hidden profile i delete the message/block the acc. I get the OP’s point its unfair youre allowed to message me when your profile is totally hidden.

I do look at profiles in ninja mode. Shamelessly. As others have said its stops any ‘you looked at me fancy a fuck?’ Messages.

Hull

"People should be allowed to hide profiles for a break. Maybe only interact with those on their friends list and no one new?! When messaged from a hidden profile i delete the message/block the acc. I get the OP’s point its unfair youre allowed to message me when your profile is totally hidden.

I do look at profiles in ninja mode. Shamelessly. As others have said its stops any ‘you looked at me fancy a fuck?’ Messages. "

I don't think its unfair if people message from a hidden profile but they must realise they most likely won't get a reply.

By *ealitybitesMan 5 weeks ago

Belfast

I've often said that hidden profiles shouldn't be able to post on the forums because it removes context.

I fully understand why people choose to hide their profile but if they are making contentious comments in the forum or commenting on other people's profiles while their own is hidden it's difficult for others to respond in kind.

I view profiles in ninja mode but I don't send messages at all so there is no intent behind the ninja approach as it's something I've always had turned on since joining as part of my own privacy settings.

If I was to hide my profile completely I wouldn't post on the forums because then it's not a level playing field and anything I might say would lose all context for those who would need to look at me to see how consistent my comment would be.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 5 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"To explain: you still have full access to message friends and receive messages in hidden modes so that’s not applicable."

What's not applicable? Bearing in mind I did say agree the current hidden profile set up was flawed.

"You mention a stalker and they will of just opened a new profile or two, gone straight into ninja mode and can freely access your profile without detection. Screen grabbing pictures and general stalkish behaviour with no chance of you ever knowing."

You're crediting him with far too much intelligence. He wasn't even smart enough to vary the profile name, age, usernames or text in between deletes and remaking. Never mind thinking to go to ninja mode. I'm pretty sure part of it was making sure that I knew it was him. Which did make getting the restraining order a bit easier than if he'd been less idiotically blatant.

"The main reason people move around the internet undetected is because they are up to something and detection would compromise that activity.

I just think it should be a level playing field, if you hide then you should have no access to other profile information."

Which is why I said that in general a simple appear offline mode to avoid that godawful flood of hey how are yous as soon as logged on would make hiding profiles entirely for a bit of peace less likely a choice. But I still only feel the hidden profiles having full access is the flaw.

"The ninja thing is just plain wrong and a licence to stalk. "

It's just a way to avoid the hey you looked at me so that means we should fuck messages. If people could understand that looking at a profile and leaving without comment was a not interested then it wouldn't be an issue at all.

If you're really concerned someone's looking at you, hotlist or local updates will sometimes tell you if someone on there looked at your profile even if they're in ninja mode or have their profile hidden. So there's still ways to check if you're that suspicious of people 'stalking' you.

Staffordshire

"

If you're really concerned someone's looking at you, hotlist or local updates will sometimes tell you if someone on there looked at your profile even if they're in ninja mode or have their profile hidden. So there's still ways to check if you're that suspicious of people 'stalking' you."

Thanks for the advice, it seems like it could be helpful.

Nice to read a well thought out and considered response on the subjects rather than some of the naive knee jerk responses above so far.

Carlisle usually

"Thanks for the advice, it seems like it could be helpful.

Nice to read a well thought out and considered response on the subjects rather than some of the naive knee jerk responses above so far.

"

...What knee jerk responses?

Scanning through the majority have given reasons for why they choose to utilise either the hidden profile or ninja mode. I'm not sure how that equates to naive or knee jerk.

Staffordshire

Scanning through the majority have given reasons for why they choose to utilise either the hidden profile or ninja mode. I'm not sure how that equates to naive or knee jerk."

Like the lady that insists I’m overthinking and that the internet is perfectly safe and also said that I couldn’t imagine what it’s like for women and couples?

Or the post that says I’m bitter about something or other?

Or the one that mentions my self esteem

All very well thought out responses that make sterling points

The main reason quoted seems to be to avoid messages from people you look at…

We, just like most other couples and women get many messages every hour, it’s really not that difficult to just ignore the ones we don’t want. What different does a few more make? 💜

Carlisle usually

Scanning through the majority have given reasons for why they choose to utilise either the hidden profile or ninja mode. I'm not sure how that equates to naive or knee jerk.

Like the lady that insists I’m overthinking and that the internet is perfectly safe and also said that I couldn’t imagine what it’s like for women and couples?

Or the post that says I’m bitter about something or other?

Or the one that mentions my self esteem

All very well thought out responses that make sterling points

The main reason quoted seems to be to avoid messages from people you look at…

We, just like most other couples and women get many messages every hour, it’s really not that difficult to just ignore the ones we don’t want. What different does a few more make? 💜

"

Not sure I'd class any of those as naive. If there's a knee jerk reaction I'd say it's no different people being annoyed to be told about how they feel when it's blatantly incorrect than it is you being annoyed that people assume this is some weird bitterness about not being popular enough when you don't feel that's the case and getting defensive about it.

People utilise the site functions to make their experience the best for them. It's not about fairness. It's about making the site usable for the demographics that are in high demand.

A popular method is to block single males from messaging and so being able to browse in peace and reach out only to the ones that appeal. This improves their experience, reduces the spam in their inbox by a massive amount, and means that single men actually get first messages initiated by the other party. Something that seems a big boost to their confidence and rarely happens for us fools that let anyone message, as we're too busy constantly clearing the inbox to have the time to really go looking for individuals.

But, by the logic presented in your original post, this is disgustingly unfair. How dare they be able to message someone who can't message them first? It must be banned and the people who do it shamed mercilessly until they leave the site!

It's not always about fairness. It's about making the site as viable and usable as people want it to be to actually utilise it. Otherwise, there would be no women here.

Without the option to hide a profile and still reach out, I wouldn't have rejoined at all after deleting my old account once confirming the stalker was offline.

Without ninja mode, I'd probably never click on a profile because I really can't be bothered inviting even more unwanted penii to my inbox. Which means I wouldn't end up reaching out to the people that do interest me. And without the positive interactions, why would anyone bother sticking around here? The site would die.

By *ingleGent45Man 5 weeks ago

Clacton

Ha.

On a serious note.

The ninja thing is just plain wrong and a licence to stalk. "

I've hidden my profile is that what you mean by ninja mode? I joined about a month ago cos I was lonely and thought I could do with some company but reading a lot of these awesome threads and some great banter in chat has eased the loneliness and has actually made me realize that I am not quite ready to meet anyone, I've lost a lot of weight these last few months and am currently on a mission to put it back on and until that time comes I have decided to hide my profile. I think there's only one person's profile I've clicked on since hiding and that was a gentleman who was having a tough time coping with anxiety and depression I clicked on his profile for a bit of insight before I commented on his thread Bless him, I'm not saying people don't hide their profile to have a perve without said profiles knowing, it probably does happen but none the less I think being able to hide ones profile is not just a good idea but a thoughtful one too. x

Hull

Ha.

On a serious note.

I've hidden my profile is that what you mean by ninja mode? I joined about a month ago cos I was lonely and thought I could do with some company but reading a lot of these awesome threads and some great banter in chat has eased the loneliness and has actually made me realize that I am not quite ready to meet anyone, I've lost a lot of weight these last few months and am currently on a mission to put it back on and until that time comes I have decided to hide my profile. I think there's only one person's profile I've clicked on since hiding and that was a gentleman who was having a tough time coping with anxiety and depression I clicked on his profile for a bit of insight before I commented on his thread Bless him, I'm not saying people don't hide their profile to have a perve without said profiles knowing, it probably does happen but none the less I think being able to hide ones profile is not just a good idea but a thoughtful one too. x"

Hiding your profile and ninja mode are two different things.

Ninja mode as people call it, is a setting you can turn on so you don't show up on people's "looked at me" lists. Often used by women because a lot of men seem to think if you look you must be interested.

By *ingleGent45Man 5 weeks ago

Clacton

I do apologize both for sticking my nose in and being wrong as I often am. Hope you all have an amazing day, decade and eternity. x

» Add a new message to this topic