FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > STI test verfied badge

STI test verfied badge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    6 weeks ago

A badge like the photo verification badge but for recent STI testing.

Basics how it could work would be when you have your test results back (clean) you upload them just like you do for photo verifying a profile. Once checked you get a badge with the date you did it displayed on profile, have it expire after X number of months maybe...

From a technical standpoint it would be relatively easy to implement, as could be based on same code as current photo verification system.

Why...

I really think it would be be a super useful feature for helping to promote a safe culture of safety and testing. I think even those who are less inclined for regular testing would be encouraged to do it just for the additon of the badge, especially if it was seen as a positive thing on a profile.

It really is the biggest concern with the lifestyle and we are all considered "an at risk group" by sharing multiple sexual partners even if you pretend you aren't so why not take positive steps towards looking after each other if we can.

I really cant see how it could be seen as a negative, but feel free to try to change my mind.

Love to hear folks thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss Boot LoverTV/TS 6 weeks ago

tetbury

Going to be difficult to police and what if a fake one goes through.

A simple solution would be for the admins to let pics of test results through. It's not like you are going to share your results with somebody else, so it would be safe to assume they are genuine. Valid of course only at the time it was taken.

Mine come through via txt so a screen shot could be uploaded.

Would not take any more time, cost anything from the developers, easy.

Of course, it's only valid at the time the test was taken.

It would show who does it and who doesn't.

By *C44Man 6 weeks ago

Newbourne

As someone who deals with compliance records for a living I'd say this is very unlikely to happen. If the site allows upload of a medical record they then bring the whole raft of gdpr and safeguarding of sensitive data regulations in to play, just having it on the server creates an administrative nightmare and a real risk where data breaches are concerned.

By *iss Boot LoverTV/TS 6 weeks ago

tetbury

"As someone who deals with compliance records for a living I'd say this is very unlikely to happen. If the site allows upload of a medical record they then bring the whole raft of gdpr and safeguarding of sensitive data regulations in to play, just having it on the server creates an administrative nightmare and a real risk where data breaches are concerned. "

Yeah, good point.

Having anything medical on here is actually a problem.

I am awake now.

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Edinburgh

There are a plethora of reasons why this won't work though I appreciate the good intentions. Possibly the most obvious issue is that tests might not pick up infections in their early stages, so the clean state might not be accurate.

Possibly the best thing to offer in this regard is just knowledge that someone is undergoing regular testing, but even validating that would be fraught with lots of ethical/legal and practical difficulties.

Cx

By *uliette500Woman 6 weeks ago

Hull

"Going to be difficult to police and what if a fake one goes through.

A simple solution would be for the admins to let pics of test results through. It's not like you are going to share your results with somebody else, so it would be safe to assume they are genuine. Valid of course only at the time it was taken.

It would show who does it and who doesn't."

I wouldn't want to show it with my real name on so if I uploaded a screenshot of my results with no identification details what's to stop others from screenshotting my picture and using it for themselves? Absolutely nothing therefore rendering the whole thing null and void.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 6 weeks ago

Middle England

As others have said; whilst in principle it's an idea in practice it would be a nightmare for the site to introduce.

By *ipstick KissesWoman 6 weeks ago

South Down

I wouldn't want to show it with my real name on so if I uploaded a screenshot of my results with no identification details what's to stop others from screenshotting my picture and using it for themselves? Absolutely nothing therefore rendering the whole thing null and void. "

I agree. How can you validate the results shown are actually those of the profile owner.

Regarding showing who tests and who doesn't, there's no context for those who don't/aren't/haven't. I haven't tested since October last year but I also haven't had sex since September last year. So without context, my "untested" status might look like I'm not bothered about testing

Hull

I wouldn't want to show it with my real name on so if I uploaded a screenshot of my results with no identification details what's to stop others from screenshotting my picture and using it for themselves? Absolutely nothing therefore rendering the whole thing null and void.

I agree. How can you validate the results shown are actually those of the profile owner.

Regarding showing who tests and who doesn't, there's no context for those who don't/aren't/haven't. I haven't tested since October last year but I also haven't had sex since September last year. So without context, my "untested" status might look like I'm not bothered about testing "

This would be me too, myself and my regular partner both tested at the same time last year and neither of us has met anyone apart from each other since so no point in testing again but I would look like I wasn't testing if these rules were set in place.

By (user no longer on site) OP    6 weeks ago

All fair points my thoughts would be that the pics dont have to be stored once verfied they can just be erased I dont see a requirement to store them its not a guarentee scheme.

The badge wouldnt be to say someone was free from STIs just they had showed a test result at X time. Obviously just as any result it isnt any kind of guarentee, so I didnt see liablity. As with all tests they could have caught something between getting the test and receiving the results, all a test says is you were clean on test day.

Faked results are possible yes, but I dont see how that is any different to the current system most people use which is just asking. The effort to fake a result is definately more than the effort to just lie and say you tested and were negative which is what mpst folks seem to accept.

Ideally a system like zults will be rolled out across the UK soon and not just in London but imagine that will take a while. For now I just thought any attempt to take a positive step in that direction would be welcomed.

At the end of the day its just an idea from someone who is concerned about theirs and everyone elses well being.x

Hull

"All fair points my thoughts would be that the pics dont have to be stored once verfied they can just be erased I dont see a requirement to store them its not a guarentee scheme.

The badge wouldnt be to say someone was free from STIs just they had showed a test result at X time. Obviously just as any result it isnt any kind of guarentee, so I didnt see liablity. As with all tests they could have caught something between getting the test and receiving the results, all a test says is you were clean on test day.

Faked results are possible yes, but I dont see how that is any different to the current system most people use which is just asking. The effort to fake a result is definately more than the effort to just lie and say you tested and were negative which is what mpst folks seem to accept.

Ideally a system like zults will be rolled out across the UK soon and not just in London but imagine that will take a while. For now I just thought any attempt to take a positive step in that direction would be welcomed.

At the end of the day its just an idea from someone who is concerned about theirs and everyone elses well being.x"

All good ideas but as already stated by someone else once you bring medical records onto a system it's a whole different ballgame regarding how information is stored shared etc.

GDPR is a massive thing. It wouldn't be worth the hassle for the site organisers to put something like you are suggesting in place. When you could just simply send your own results to a potential meet if you wanted to.

By *C44Man 6 weeks ago

Newbourne

" once verfied they can just be erased I dont see a requirement to store them its not a guarentee scheme.

"

Gdpr pain is real. The erasure doesn't get rid of the regulation. The data has touched the server, you are now in gdpr land. You want to erase the data? Is your designated data control officer doing that, what safeguards are in place to ensure they have done it. What certification methods are you using to prove the deletion of the data?

It's a shit show it really is. Horrible horrible legislation, the principle is sound, the execution is woeful

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

So you get a clean test result this morning.

Upload a record of it.

Have sex tonight with someone new and contract an STI which you don't know about for a few weeks as there's no immediate symptoms.

People see your 'clear result' and assume all is well.

Fail.

As we all get our results sent through via email or text they're effectively only valid between the time a rest is done and the next time you have sex. Much like a car MOT it's only a snapshot of a particular moment.

So just keep getting tested and assume that the risk is still there with every new encounter.

» Add a new message to this topic