FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Appear online mode

Appear online mode

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ountryPleasure OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

Ashford

I really need this. I like having messages to go through but it can be overwhelming to not catch up on the older ones and be polite without new ones arriving and feeling impatient because they can see you're online and feel ignored. I Need to be able to come on and click 'appear ofline' and catch up. Honestly sometimes it's sometimes a chore that I just don't log in for months and the Fab looses on money from me.

Or I have to pretend 'all my messages have disappeared' because I deleted them in a rage of unable to get ahead of it.

I know I can turn on special messaging filters but I don't want to, I just want to pause and be able to appear offline.

Would love this option pleaseeee

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Ashford

"I really need this. I like having messages to go through but it can be overwhelming to not catch up on the older ones and be polite without new ones arriving and feeling impatient because they can see you're online and feel ignored. I Need to be able to come on and click 'appear ofline' and catch up. Honestly sometimes it's sometimes a chore that I just don't log in for months and the Fab looses on money from me.

Or I have to pretend 'all my messages have disappeared' because I deleted them in a rage of unable to get ahead of it.

I know I can turn on special messaging filters but I don't want to, I just want to pause and be able to appear offline.

Would love this option pleaseeee "

TITLE MEANT TO READ APPEAR OFFLINE

By *icecouple561Couple 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know you don't want to but if you turn all your message filters on as soon as you log on it will have the same effect. Although people who've messaged you before will still be able to.

By *ucka39Man 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

You could hide your profile as an option

By *ipstick KissesWoman 6 weeks ago

South Down

"You could hide your profile as an option "

This is what I do but I'd prefer the option to appear offline

By *izzycreteWoman 6 weeks ago

Not too far

"You could hide your profile as an option

This is what I do but I'd prefer the option to appear offline "

Me too.

Ashford

This always looks super sketchy to me and I tend not to continue messages. So I'm not sure I'd want to use this as an option. Still vote for an 'appear offline' option x

By *llaBelle1Woman 6 weeks ago

Manchester outskirts (ish!)

This exactly!! I just go into hidden mode to catch up on message admin then everyone on friends list is asking if I’m ok!!

By *ucka39Man 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

"This exactly!! I just go into hidden mode to catch up on message admin then everyone on friends list is asking if I’m ok!!"

But you could use the status to explain prior

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"This exactly!! I just go into hidden mode to catch up on message admin then everyone on friends list is asking if I’m ok!!

But you could use the status to explain prior "

Then you just get more messages

Absolutely agree op, it’s so stupid to have it as a feature anyway

By *vana_SweetnessWoman 5 weeks ago

Derby

I'd like this option too.

By *orny PTMan 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I know you don't want to but if you turn all your message filters on as soon as you log on it will have the same effect. Although people who've messaged you before will still be able to. "

Will setting the age filters from 98-99 do the same thing?

By *ucka39Man 5 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I know you don't want to but if you turn all your message filters on as soon as you log on it will have the same effect. Although people who've messaged you before will still be able to.

Will setting the age filters from 98-99 do the same thing?"

Hiya

I'm assuming it'd do same if it were 18/18

By *amanthabWoman 5 weeks ago

UK

Being able to appear offline is a great idea, and perhaps it could be available to site supporters

It is completely overwhelming getting literally over 100 messages in a day and not being able to respond or filter through them

I end up bulk deleting a lot of the time

By *pankingNorfolkCouple 5 weeks ago

Norwichish

I would just be very clear in your profile that you get a lot of messages, try to take time to respond and ask them not to get upset if they don’t get a reply instantly.

Also reading and then setting back to unread is never a bad option then they don’t necessarily know you have been on or read it yet.

And there is always the fails safe to make sure people have read that bit by asking them to add a special word to the message first line (as headings have gone now). At least you would know the ones to prioritise.

By *pankingNorfolkCouple 5 weeks ago

Norwichish

And then I took time to read your profile and you do all that

So in that case I wouldn’t worry, you are perfectly honest in your profile

By *ountryPleasure OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

Ashford

Or we could just have an appear offline option.

By *icecouple561Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I know you don't want to but if you turn all your message filters on as soon as you log on it will have the same effect. Although people who've messaged you before will still be able to.

Will setting the age filters from 98-99 do the same thing?"

I think it would

By *riel13Woman 5 weeks ago

Northampton

"You could hide your profile as an option "

It doesn't stop the ones that have hotlisted, messaged or friended you before as they can check in those lists and see the blue dot.. And some do look

By *riel13Woman 5 weeks ago

Northampton

Don't try to keep up... Just reply to those you are interested in... ButbI think the online button needs to not be a thing at all... The option would definitely be good though

» Add a new message to this topic