FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake or Spam profiles

Fake or Spam profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iebon OP   Couple 21 weeks ago

Doncaster

Most of us have seen multiple profiles constantly joining and leaving then rejoining again. Some several times a day.

The ones that are constantly doing this, surely admin can block them from rejoining for a period of 28 days. Just something as a deterrent.

Sure we all want the site to be better.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andS6571Couple 21 weeks ago

We're living near Varna, Bulgaria.

We couldn't agree more with you, we all want a better site with people who are genuine. Sadly we seem to be inundated with a lot of single guys who can't read a profile, probably married and cheating and hear just to get laid with anyone who will have them. The "delete" and "block" feature is becoming more a frequent tool.

By (user no longer on site) 21 weeks ago

Block newbies from the filters then the cant message you

By *icecouple561Couple 21 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Set your mail filters and filter those you don't wish to see out of your search criteria. That should make the site work more how you'd like it to.

If people use VPN it's not really possible to block them from rejoining

By *oodyandBuzz69Couple 21 weeks ago

basildon

We are finding more and more profiles are "fake" normally couples profiles that are over 6 months old that have been set up by "fuck" buddies and now just males,

same old excuse of the female can't meet but the male will etc

Wouldn't It make sense if we had to photo verify every 3 months or so... takes a couple of mins to do

That would cut so many of the time wasters down

By *icecouple561Couple 21 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ photo verification isn't compulsory for everyone. Also it would massively increase the workload of admin

By *ustamanMan 21 weeks ago

weymouth

Spam spam spam and eggs

By *bi HaiveMan 21 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Most of us have seen multiple profiles constantly joining and leaving then rejoining again. Some several times a day.

The ones that are constantly doing this, surely admin can block them from rejoining for a period of 28 days. Just something as a deterrent.

Sure we all want the site to be better. "

If you can see them then they're easy to ignore and avoid.

There's no greater tools available than common sense and your own judgement.

The site gives tools to filter out messages, as well as the ability to block.

Use them sensibly and you'll be less likely to have any issues with new short lived profiles, couples that aren't couples and anyone else that worries you. There's no limit to the number of profiles you can block. It's just a permanent filter and a very useful tool indeed.

"We are finding more and more profiles are "fake" normally couples profiles that are over 6 months old that have been set up by "fuck" buddies and now just males,

Wouldn't It make sense if we had to photo verify every 3 months or so... takes a couple of mins to do

That would cut so many of the time wasters down"

I agree photo verification should be condition of joining. Fed up with profiles with photos but not verified with green identity.

"^^ photo verification isn't compulsory for everyone. Also it would massively increase the workload of admin"

Some of us could do admins job for free.

By *asyGent75Man 21 weeks ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

"We are finding more and more profiles are "fake" normally couples profiles that are over 6 months old that have been set up by "fuck" buddies and now just males,

That would cut so many of the time wasters down"

I’d be quite happy to take a pic every 3 month or so

By *ealitybitesMan 21 weeks ago

Belfast

Always fascinating to see how many people are inundated with fake profiles while so many are able to get through their fab day without engaging with any of them.

I've always said that I've never come across a fake profile in all my years here and I was pulled up on that because apparently I should have said that I've avoided them.

Regardless, they have zero impact on my journey because I've used all the tools available as well as common sense.

I don't agree for a second that photo verification is a solution because it is so easy to create a fake pic these days and won't make the slightest bit of difference.

"Always fascinating to see how many people are inundated with fake profiles while so many are able to get through their fab day without engaging with any of them.

I've always said that I've never come across a fake profile in all my years here and I was pulled up on that because apparently I should have said that I've avoided them.

Regardless, they have zero impact on my journey because I've used all the tools available as well as common sense.

I don't agree for a second that photo verification is a solution because it is so easy to create a fake pic these days and won't make the slightest bit of difference. "

this

You have to have user name and fabswingers on a piece of paper with face showing. That is not hard to do.

Some women don’t except newbie’s which I found a tease… as they are some beautiful ladies on here. Just got to be patient I guess.. lol

By *ealitybitesMan 21 weeks ago

Belfast

"You have to have user name and fabswingers on a piece of paper with face showing. That is not hard to do."

You don't have to have your face showing to be photo verified and even if you did it's very easy to photoshop a fab name on to anyone's facepic and use it as your own.

By *illan-KillashMan 21 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

That would cut so many of the time wasters down

I agree photo verification should be condition of joining. Fed up with profiles with photos but not verified with green identity."

Filter them out then.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 21 weeks ago

Central

If you recognise them, or the patterns of them, then do what you can to avoid them - including site tools. Avoiding new users or those without a good range of verifications, can help.

Filter messages broadly.

By *ilkloverMan 21 weeks ago

stafford

This is why I’ve decided to stop looking on here today. So many fantasists! And because I’ve got no veris (but photo verified) quality people here understandably think I’m fake too. Ah well. It’s free and looks like plenty of people have fun here.

By *uger n Spice78Couple 21 weeks ago

South East Coast

Definitely think you should have to be verified. I had my pictures taken from another site and a fake profile set up. I was only alerted as a friend recognized me and knew the profile wasn't me. Sugar

By *ucka39Man 21 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Definitely think you should have to be verified. I had my pictures taken from another site and a fake profile set up. I was only alerted as a friend recognized me and knew the profile wasn't me. Sugar"

Hiya

Being verified isn't going to change circumstances just like any other app or site

By *rpeggioCouple 20 weeks ago

Baughurst

"Block newbies from the filters then the cant message you"

» Add a new message to this topic