FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Vaping Indoors in a Club Environment?

Vaping Indoors in a Club Environment?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Currently we allow Vapping indoors and Cigarette Smoking outdoors.

In light of all the new reports in the last month or so with regard to the harmful effects of Vaping we are wondering if we should now move Vaping to outdoors too.

What are people thoughts and feeling in this regard?

would be nice to hear your views.

Cat X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I really appreciate clubs that treat vaping like smoking.

Not everyone is affected, but being around vaping gives me a migraine, and sometimes in some clubs on busy nights it's difficult to escape and it frankly ruins my night and often the next day. It's better than being around smoking, but it doesn't mean it's harmless.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I wouldn't anywhere that allowed vaping indoors.

I can't stand breathing in that synthetic stink.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"I wouldn't anywhere that allowed vaping indoors.

I can't stand breathing in that synthetic stink."

*visit anywhere

By *969BewitchedWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I wouldn't visit a place that allowed indoor vaping

By *ackem5555Man  over a year ago

bishop auckland

If you smoke it like a cigarette to me you treat it like a cigarette

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Chameleons banned vaping unless in the smoking area some time ago.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think vaping should be outside

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We dislike the vape stuff almost as much as cigarette smoke, especially the ones that create more than a typical disco fog machine!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I thought it all ready was??

By *asmartsCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

The basic devices indoors are fine, it’s those that kick out the huge clouds that are not good!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I thought it all ready was??"

Sadly not universally.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I wouldn't go anywhere that allowed baling indoors and if I found that out once I’d paid, I’d be asking for my money back.

By *nfusion_blackpoolCouple  over a year ago

Infusion Blackpool

"Currently we allow Vapping indoors and Cigarette Smoking outdoors.

In light of all the new reports in the last month or so with regard to the harmful effects of Vaping we are wondering if we should now move Vaping to outdoors too.

Cat X "

Hi

We banned vaping inside the club a long time ago for various reasons. The majority of customers prefer it that way.

Thank you for you responses. We have now moved Vaping to Outdoors.

Cat X

Leeds

Seems a unanimous response

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We dont allow vaping in Jaydees only outside x

"Seems a unanimous response"

Can't argue with that lol.

Cat X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There have been studies done that show they cannot identify any risk from second hand vapour.

As a business owner within the industry I'd always advise my customers to be respectful on non-vapers.

My own stance on it is 'if you can't smoke somewhere, then don't vape'

We vape and actually would not want to vape inside a club it would be inconsiderate, never seen vaping in a club ever, are there really any clubs that still allow vaping indoors?

By *oveActually!Man  over a year ago

Sompting

I like what they do at BGHS:

Strictly no smoking but vaping is allowed in the changing area. However, those e-cigs that create huge clouds are not allowed and the staff check your e-cig before your allowed to use it.

Leeds

Seems odd to allow vaping in a small enclosed space that people can't avoid using.

By *ootleCouple  over a year ago

Romford, Essex

"Thank you for you responses. We have now moved Vaping to Outdoors.

Cat X "

Great to see most people agree - smoking is banned to protect non-smokers from the dangers of carcinogens - vape smoke contains chemicals and I/we don't want to passively breath them in either.

Good choice and well done on your decision - we wouldn't go to a club that allowed vaping indoors.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

My office said vapors had to go to the designated smoking area - personally, I think herding people who are trying to give up into a confined space with regular smokers is just tempting them to go back to cigarettes and counter productive.

As for the health risks, sure I heard a smoker recently say it was just as bad for you, said something about a condition called "wet lung" (never heard of it) and that they'd been 18 deaths from it the United States - nothing about the number of lung cancer deaths in the same period - just in denial.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"My office said vapors had to go to the designated smoking area - personally, I think herding people who are trying to give up into a confined space with regular smokers is just tempting them to go back to cigarettes and counter productive.

As for the health risks, sure I heard a smoker recently say it was just as bad for you, said something about a condition called "wet lung" (never heard of it) and that they'd been 18 deaths from it the United States - nothing about the number of lung cancer deaths in the same period - just in denial. "

How about those people who have given up and don’t use such crutches? Why should they be exposed to vapers?

By *eastAndTheHarlotCouple  over a year ago

Hartlepool

"My office said vapors had to go to the designated smoking area - personally, I think herding people who are trying to give up into a confined space with regular smokers is just tempting them to go back to cigarettes and counter productive.

As for the health risks, sure I heard a smoker recently say it was just as bad for you, said something about a condition called "wet lung" (never heard of it) and that they'd been 18 deaths from it the United States - nothing about the number of lung cancer deaths in the same period - just in denial. "

Wet lung is bronchitis, caused by bacteria. Nothing to do with vaping.

Those deaths were down to a cheap THC liquid that was completely unregulated.

Google is your friend and this is not the USA. We regulate stuff.

We vape and only been to clubs that allow it indoors. We vape outside to be polite of other guests unless we are in a private room then we will have vaped if others didn’t mind or when alone so we wouldn’t be against vaping to be outside only

By *ineuk_69Couple  over a year ago

Compton acres

Vaping is banned in the workplace

It is also governed by tobacco laws

It is not allowed in places where the public gather whether that be a public or private building of business etc,

By *38msf471Couple  over a year ago

Hanley

"Vaping is banned in the workplace

It is also governed by tobacco laws

It is not allowed in places where the public gather whether that be a public or private building of business etc, "

Vaping isn't banned in the workplace or in any public area. Individual businesses etc can ban it. For example Starbucks have banned it, a country pub where we go to hasn't yet banned it.

There is no governmental law yet in this country that has banned vaping in any public area.

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Thanks Cat for raising the issue, and great to see the response. Following suite here.

"Thanks Cat for raising the issue, and great to see the response. Following suite here. "

My Pleasure Baby.

Cat X

Cat X

Great to see most people agree - smoking is banned to protect non-smokers from the dangers of carcinogens - vape smoke contains chemicals and I/we don't want to passively breath them in either.

Good choice and well done on your decision - we wouldn't go to a club that allowed vaping indoors.

"

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"We dislike the vape stuff almost as much as cigarette smoke, especially the ones that create more than a typical disco fog machine!"

I get the impression that people who are doing this are doing it as much for effect in a "look at me" way.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

"We dislike the vape stuff almost as much as cigarette smoke, especially the ones that create more than a typical disco fog machine!

I get the impression that people who are doing this are doing it as much for effect in a "look at me" way."

Yep, my boss managed to set off the smoke alarm in his office with one of those.

Cat X "

do you not have smoke detectors fitted in your establishment omg

This year I've quit smoking and now I've quit vaping. Vaping helped but it wasn't the answer whereas quitting completely was. If you want to vape then go stand in the cold and rain and enjoy it lol

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Cat X do you not have smoke detectors fitted in your establishment omg "

Of course Atlantis EVOLUTION, the club that Cat owns, has smoke detectors ! Most vaping goes on in the Lounge or edges of the dance floor and does not affect the detectors as the ceiling is high and the vape dissipates before reaching the detectors.

But upstairs in the play areas people walking through and vaping has set alarms off in the past.

So , yes smoke detectors are fitted and do work. All licensed clubs have to adhere to safety regulations.

By *esi_maverickMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Cat X "

I work in the vaping industry and can honestly say its perfectly safe to vape.

It's all scare mongering by people who are losing money from tobacco manufacturers.

We are fully backed by the NHS that should speak for its self hope that gives a bit of rest bite

Cat X

It's all scare mongering by people who are losing money from tobacco manufacturers.

We are fully backed by the NHS that should speak for its self hope that gives a bit of rest bite

"

I completely disagree. You aren't backed fully by anyone other than the vaping industry. The NHS has said the jury is out on vaping and it's to early to tell what the long term effects might be and to claim other wise is unfair and somewhat disingenuous. I only started feeling better once I'd quit both the fags and the vape. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. If you want to vape then go stand with the smokers.

Leeds

"

We are fully backed by the NHS

"

So how come vaping is not allowed in GPs waiting rooms or hospitals ?

By *esi_maverickMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"

So how come vaping is not allowed in GPs waiting rooms or hospitals ?"

There are 2 vape shops in 2 midland hospitals

I actually thought vaping was the same as smoking in this respect?

To be honest I'd be shocked to se it allowed and it would put me off any venue completely if they allowed it

Cat X

"

It still stinks to fuck and isnt pleasant to be around though

It would put me off coming, should be outdoor only

I'm another one that wouldnt visit a club that had vapers using inside. I hate the smell. My work place treats vapers like smokers. Take it outside.

"

There are 2 vape shops in 2 midland hospitals "

But that's not quite the full story is it? Its part of a non-smoking initiative that includes fining people for smoking on site. And they are clearly there to offer an alternative and to take away a defence for smoking. And it's only allowed in what were previously designated as smoking areas

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/10/vape-shops-hospital-smokers-kick-habit-west-midlands

It doesn't really read as "fully backed by the NHS" does it? It reads as "we'd rather people did this than smoke".

It's a bit like prescribing methadrone to heroin users and claiming that NHS fully endorse methadrone use. No it would just prefer people were taking that than be a heroin addict.

People are dying in America through vaping and while it is far more regulated here no medical professional knows the potential longterm effects of vaping and I'll take their word over a salesman (which everyone in the industry effectively is).

"

There are 2 vape shops in 2 midland hospitals

But that's not quite the full story is it? Its part of a non-smoking initiative that includes fining people for smoking on site. And they are clearly there to offer an alternative and to take away a defence for smoking. And it's only allowed in what were previously designated as smoking areas

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/10/vape-shops-hospital-smokers-kick-habit-west-midlands

It doesn't really read as "fully backed by the NHS" does it? It reads as "we'd rather people did this than smoke".

It's a bit like prescribing methadrone to heroin users and claiming that NHS fully endorse methadrone use. No it would just prefer people were taking that than be a heroin addict.

People are dying in America through vaping and while it is far more regulated here no medical professional knows the potential longterm effects of vaping and I'll take their word over a salesman (which everyone in the industry effectively is)."

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Who makes the chemicals? Who quality controls the ingredients and final product? Who in their right mind thinks these things are safe to put into your blood stream?

By *p230Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Sorry but it's not about it being 'safe' or not, it's also about personal choice, why should non smoker's/vaper's have to be subjected to another person's intrusive habit.

Just the smell alone is awful & not to everyone's liking

salisbury

"

Sorry but it's not about it being 'safe' or not, it's also about personal choice, why should non smoker's/vaper's have to be subjected to another person's intrusive habit.

Just the smell alone is awful & not to everyone's liking "

Even the stuff on Ebay? Some it looks like it's been knocked up in a shed!

By *entakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"The basic devices indoors are fine, it’s those that kick out the huge clouds that are not good!"

Yeah, basic vaping is barely noticeable, in fact it's very discreet, what ruined it for everyone was the 'cloud chasing' hipsters.

By *ecky1979Couple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Chameleons banned vaping unless in the smoking area some time ago."

Doesn’t look like they are enforcing it though. Saw quite a few people vaping inside the club on Saturday

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Cat X "

I've never been to a club but in other life i would say that anything shouldn't be allowed to interfere with another person without their permission(the smell) etc

So outside with the smokers imo

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I dont vape anywhere I wouldnt smoke, so wouldnt dream of doing it indoors.

Well as an aside to the back patting going on in here, minority opinion though it may be, we would go to clubs where vaping is allowed, and switch if either of our regular clubs banned it.

The secondary health risks are non-existant. You don't have to be a cloud chasing knob and this sort of inconsiderate behaviour is better challenged as a point of etiquette.

Given that I make my own fluid I'm fully aware of where the "chemicals" come from. If you can call vegetable oil derivatives chemicals.

By *r_FaustusMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Cat X "

DoI: Doctor

I’d advise against allowing vaping in the building. We don’t know enough to say that these things are safe, and there is increasing evidence that they aren’t. (And also that there is a “second hand smoke” effect; that is, that the vape clouds can have an effect on other people.)

Also:

a) e-cigarettes are made by the tobacco industry, who really don’t have the best interests of consumers at heart; and

b) the World Health Organisation, and the main respiratory societies of Europe, N & S America, Africa and Asia/Pacific have all advised that t he aren’t used.

"

Cat X do you not have smoke detectors fitted in your establishment omg "

Yes of course we have and they work, as Lizzy pointed out some of the BIGGER vapes set off the smoke detectors on the first floor - but it's not the alarms going off that is the issue for us, it's that vaping and safety may have yet un-discovered longer-term problems.

Our previous experiences of cigarette smoking give us better insight into what 'may' happen with vaping in the long term. We are all the guinea pigs of our generation, just like those people were in the Philip Morris years.

You can find many articles all over the web that will argue from both sides - interestingly those arguments for just simply say it's safer than smoking, those arguing against are clearly asking 'but how much safer', and 'there are things we don't know yet'.

We won't argue anyones choice to do what they want to. But we do have to make a choice one way or the other with regard to our club - over this last weekend out of seven couples that vape - one was upset by our decision, they rest said clearly that they understood and supported it.

Cat X

salisbury

"Well as an aside to the back patting going on in here, minority opinion though it may be, we would go to clubs where vaping is allowed, and switch if either of our regular clubs banned it.

The secondary health risks are non-existant. You don't have to be a cloud chasing knob and this sort of inconsiderate behaviour is better challenged as a point of etiquette.

Given that I make my own fluid I'm fully aware of where the "chemicals" come from. If you can call vegetable oil derivatives chemicals. "

Why would you want to inhale vegetable oil? Which chemicals make it taste like doughnuts or other child friendly flavours?

"

Cat X do you not have smoke detectors fitted in your establishment omg

Yes of course we have and they work, as Lizzy pointed out some of the BIGGER vapes set off the smoke detectors on the first floor - but it's not the alarms going off that is the issue for us, it's that vaping and safety may have yet un-discovered longer-term problems.

"

So if an alarm goes off what do you do? Ignore it and reset it assuming that it was someone vaping? Or do you evacuate the club and check?

Because if its the former thats fine until te time it's not someone vaping and if its the latter surely it's not conducive to a good night out?

"

So if an alarm goes off what do you do? Ignore it and reset it assuming that it was someone vaping? Or do you evacuate the club and check?

Because if its the former thats fine until te time it's not someone vaping and if its the latter surely it's not conducive to a good night out? "

Really?

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

"I wouldn't visit a place that allowed indoor vaping "

Absolutely. Think vaping looks ridiculous anyway. Smoking is not sexy and we wouldn't interact with smokers.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

Nah should be treated the same as smoking...... disgusting smell that you have to sit next to...banned! Everywhere apart from outside.....

[Removed by poster at 17/11/19 18:43:18]

"

Because if its the former thats fine until te time it's not someone vaping and if its the latter surely it's not conducive to a good night out?

Really?

"

What do you mean "really"? You admit that people vaping set off alarms occasionally, but you also say it's not an issue. So do you ignore them?

And if you dont ignore them I'd be mightily fucked off if I was at a club and had my night disturbed by a fire alarm because of someone vaping

"

Really?

What do you mean "really"? You admit that people vaping set off alarms occasionally, but you also say it's not an issue. So do you ignore them?

And if you dont ignore them I'd be mightily fucked off if I was at a club and had my night disturbed by a fire alarm because of someone vaping "

I mean Really do you imagine for a moment that we would be talking about the health of customers with regard to vaping whilst allowing them to be burnt to death in a fire . . . Really?

"

Really?

And if you dont ignore them I'd be mightily fucked off if I was at a club and had my night disturbed by a fire alarm because of someone vaping

I mean Really do you imagine for a moment that we would be talking about the health of customers with regard to vaping whilst allowing them to be burnt to death in a fire . . . Really?

"

So what does happen when the vaping sets off a fire alarm?

This is why the club gets frequent reviews from staff cos they need the hype as they don’t care about customers views

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Down to common sense at the end of the day. Respect other people's wishes.

Vape outside.

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

"Down to common sense at the end of the day. Respect other people's wishes.

Vape outside.

"

I agree. I don’t want to smell it

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Cat X

"

Have no argument either way... I vape as considerately as I do most things! Vape vapour does contain chemicals .... as does the air freshener, perfume, cleaning chemicals and certainly the ones keeping hot tubs in check. I assume you avoid these too?

wigan

Your office has a duty to protect its employees from harm.... asking someone who vapes to go to an area where smokers are is exposing them to the dangers of cigarette smoke !

wigan

Cat X

I completely disagree. You aren't backed fully by anyone other than the vaping industry. The NHS has said the jury is out on vaping and it's to early to tell what the long term effects might be and to claim other wise is unfair and somewhat disingenuous. I only started feeling better once I'd quit both the fags and the vape. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. If you want to vape then go stand with the smokers."

Fully backed is an odd term! Though the Royal College of Physicians and Public Health England seem to be ‘fully backing’ vaping against the alternative of smoking.

wigan

"Who makes the chemicals? Who quality controls the ingredients and final product? Who in their right mind thinks these things are safe to put into your blood stream?"

MHRA?

wigan

Cat X

I've never been to a club but in other life i would say that anything shouldn't be allowed to interfere with another person without their permission(the smell) etc

So outside with the smokers imo"

In an ideal world I agree with not interfering with others..... but are we to ban body odour? I have found some people’s quite offensive... Or only if pre agreed ? If someone uses anti perspirant to control/hide body odour should this only be by prior agreement? I too have found perfumes and the like not to my taste?!

wigan

Cat X

DoI: Doctor

I’d advise against allowing vaping in the building. We don’t know enough to say that these things are safe, and there is increasing evidence that they aren’t. (And also that there is a “second hand smoke” effect; that is, that the vape clouds can have an effect on other people.)

Also:

a) e-cigarettes are made by the tobacco industry, who really don’t have the best interests of consumers at heart; and

b) the World Health Organisation, and the main respiratory societies of Europe, N & S America, Africa and Asia/Pacific have all advised that t he aren’t used."

Could you point me towards the WHO statement or article?

wigan

"

Really?

So what does happen when the vaping sets off a fire alarm?"

Same as in most places ... identify the zone, check the status prior to evacuation?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

[Removed by poster at 18/11/19 00:45:54]

doncaster

Can you chew chewing gum ? It's banned in Singapore

By *J swingCouple  over a year ago

North

We stopped going to a club in bury as people were vaping in the spa using ones like a smoke machine go to a club to relax and have fun not to put in a cloud of smoke.

By *laraCouple  over a year ago

Bedford

As someone with an immediate severe reaction to something in the vapour (disorienting dizziness, pupil dilation and severe headaches) I can't stay around vapers and I'm grateful to venues that treat it the same as smoking.

Also considering how it affects me, I find it difficult to believe it is as harmless as proponents claim

wigan

"As someone with an immediate severe reaction to something in the vapour (disorienting dizziness, pupil dilation and severe headaches) I can't stay around vapers and I'm grateful to venues that treat it the same as smoking.

Also considering how it affects me, I find it difficult to believe it is as harmless as proponents claim"

When you’re next eating a bag of planters dry roasted consider that most people consume these without harm... but some have life threatening reaction to them?

See this from PHE with regards to vaping.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2018/02/20/clearing-up-some-myths-around-e-cigarettes/

By *r_FaustusMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"See this from PHE with regards to vaping.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2018/02/20/clearing-up-some-myths-around-e-cigarettes/"

Depressingly, just about all of those “myths” have since proven to be entirely true.

PHE is in very much a minority worldwide.

I have just searched to at least five other reports from the US FDA. CDC. The Verge. That counter most of the PHE reports. And are much later reports.

If you want to vape you will choose a good report - if you don't you will choose the latter I guess.

[Removed by poster at 18/11/19 16:03:01]

If you wish to read and believe reports from US agencies then you should read the Master Settlement Agreement 1998.

Obviously everyone here is entitled to their own opinions but you should have all of the facts before making up your mind.

However, in response to the OP. It's your club and if you wish to ban it then you should.

I'm a vaper but I would ban it

So is vaping safe or not the NHS is not sure so won't ban it yet. Now cars kill and harm youngsters every time you start up, don't see people jumping all over the forum telling people not to drive. Maybe people should meet each other half way and have part of the club vape friendly.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

No clubs I've been to allow vaping indoors x

wigan

"I have just searched to at least five other reports from the US FDA. CDC. The Verge. That counter most of the PHE reports. And are much later reports.

If you want to vape you will choose a good report - if you don't you will choose the latter I guess.

"

Could you direct me to the reports please ?

wigan

"I have just searched to at least five other reports from the US FDA. CDC. The Verge. That counter most of the PHE reports. And are much later reports.

"

Just checked an fda one .... pretty much says don’t vape THC containing liquids which I imagine is illegal or liquids “from the street” ... these factors were common in 79% of cases! ... next study?

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

"So is vaping safe or not the NHS is not sure so won't ban it yet. Now cars kill and harm youngsters every time you start up, don't see people jumping all over the forum telling people not to drive. Maybe people should meet each other half way and have part of the club vape friendly. "

Since this thread was started around 1000 people would have died in the UK with smoking related issues.

And everyone thinks vaping is bad. ......

By *oneyjule65Couple  over a year ago

Halifax

"The basic devices indoors are fine, it’s those that kick out the huge clouds that are not good!"

Agreed mine is very subtle...I don't understand the newer ones & all the vapour..plus flavours? Cigarettes are either normal or menthol not Blueberry, Strawberry etc..

By *andS_GlasgowCouple  over a year ago

Giffnock

I was in the small shelter at my train station while it was raining, this guy came in and started "vaping" while at the entrance, the mist was blowing back in and the smell of fkn Parma Violets wasnt the best !

Anyways - it ended with him saying - would you confront someone in the street and "politely" ask them to vape elsewhere - my polite response was that vaping in the street is not prohibited as it is in rail stations - and I would simply choose to move away from their "%^&ing jet stream" - a comment that seemed to aggravate him somewhat

Lets just say I didnt make a friend that day

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"There are 2 vape shops in 2 midland hospitals "

There are 122 hospitals of various sorts in the Midlands. Having a less than 2% take up is not a ringing endorsement.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"No clubs I've been to allow vaping indoors x"

And the club the OP owns doesn't now either.

wigan

"No clubs I've been to allow vaping indoors x

And the club the OP owns doesn't now either. "

And long may that continue .... but make the decision based on punters don’t want it rather than the Sun says it kills!

Romford, Essex

Cat X

Have no argument either way... I vape as considerately as I do most things! Vape vapour does contain chemicals .... as does the air freshener, perfume, cleaning chemicals and certainly the ones keeping hot tubs in check. I assume you avoid these too?"

Really don’t understand your reasoning: In your other posts on here you mention deodorants and other stuff, so let's put it in perspective;

Deodorant: I only put this on (a bit under each arm) in the bathroom, not in public and not sprayed into someone’s face.

Air freshener: Only use in my own home and again not sprayed in people’s faces, would be a bit daft to spray it in your face and breath it in wouldn’t it!

I don’t spray after-shave (perfume) at other people and I certainly wouldn’t swallow it !

I don’t drink cleaning chemicals and I wouldn’t spray them at people, that would just be plain stupid. I don’t drink or swallow hot tub water nor would I splash hot tub water in other people’s faces (another stupid thing to do) - but it is my choice if I get in a hot tub!

Sadly you are completely missing the point and confusing ‘odours’ with airborne particles.

Defending or justifying a ‘habit’ is what addicts do, you can find thousands of articles on the internet with the pros and cons of vaping and easily find articles that will ‘justify’ your opinion.

In reality the experts are saying that there just isn’t enough long-term data to determine the health risks, but they do support that it’s a safer ‘habit’ than smoking cigarettes.

People are of course entitled to their opinion, but unless you have a MSc, PhD in chemistry, science or medicine and you are an advisor to the world health organisation, NHS, BHF or other organisation with some standing and without a vested interest in vaping and have years of academic, scientific research to support your opinion - stop telling people its safe and harmless.

Oh, and till proved otherwise, keep it out of my face.

Have a lovely day.

wigan

Cat X

Have no argument either way... I vape as considerately as I do most things! Vape vapour does contain chemicals .... as does the air freshener, perfume, cleaning chemicals and certainly the ones keeping hot tubs in check. I assume you avoid these too?

Really don’t understand your reasoning: In your other posts on here you mention deodorants and other stuff, so let's put it in perspective;

Deodorant: I only put this on (a bit under each arm) in the bathroom, not in public and not sprayed into someone’s face.

Air freshener: Only use in my own home and again not sprayed in people’s faces, would be a bit daft to spray it in your face and breath it in wouldn’t it!

I don’t spray after-shave (perfume) at other people and I certainly wouldn’t swallow it !

I don’t drink cleaning chemicals and I wouldn’t spray them at people, that would just be plain stupid. I don’t drink or swallow hot tub water nor would I splash hot tub water in other people’s faces (another stupid thing to do) - but it is my choice if I get in a hot tub!

Sadly you are completely missing the point and confusing ‘odours’ with airborne particles.

Defending or justifying a ‘habit’ is what addicts do, you can find thousands of articles on the internet with the pros and cons of vaping and easily find articles that will ‘justify’ your opinion.

In reality the experts are saying that there just isn’t enough long-term data to determine the health risks, but they do support that it’s a safer ‘habit’ than smoking cigarettes.

People are of course entitled to their opinion, but unless you have a MSc, PhD in chemistry, science or medicine and you are an advisor to the world health organisation, NHS, BHF or other organisation with some standing and without a vested interest in vaping and have years of academic, scientific research to support your opinion - stop telling people its safe and harmless.

Have a lovely day.

"

What is an odour? It’s chemicals entering your nose through breathing! That’s my simple reasoning that makes the two similar! With no chemical there is no smell..... your deodorant, aftershave, air fresheners, cleaning chemicals.... I wouldn’t expect anyone to spray them in someone’s face either nor does anyone spray vapour in anyone’s face, though if people can smell them then it’s interfering with them in a similar manner!

Have a great evening !

By *harliebbwWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Cat X

I completely disagree. You aren't backed fully by anyone other than the vaping industry. The NHS has said the jury is out on vaping and it's to early to tell what the long term effects might be and to claim other wise is unfair and somewhat disingenuous. I only started feeling better once I'd quit both the fags and the vape. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. If you want to vape then go stand with the smokers."

so was smoking once upon a time

Inhaling vapour expelled from someone’s mouth indoors is very unsociable. Outside with the smokers is where it belongs.

doncaster

Cat X

Have a lovely day.

"

do you happily breath in petrol and diesel fumes ? It has been scientifically proven that this is affecting children's airways and leading to an increase in asthma and other respiratory diseases but most ppl don't say much about this and carry on polluting the air we all breathe , just saying tho

wigan

Cat X

Have a lovely day.

do you happily breath in petrol and diesel fumes ? It has been scientifically proven that this is affecting children's airways and leading to an increase in asthma and other respiratory diseases but most ppl don't say much about this and carry on polluting the air we all breathe , just saying tho "

And have no doubt there isn’t a place to park your bicycle at most clubs?

"

Just the smell alone is awful & not to everyone's liking "

Really? So why do life assurance companies treat people who vape the same as people who smoke?

Why have some US cities banned vaping?

There is not enough evidence.

doncaster

"

Just the smell alone is awful & not to everyone's liking

Really? So why do life assurance companies treat people who vape the same as people who smoke?

Why have some US cities banned vaping?

There is not enough evidence."

when is petrol and diesel engine vehicles going to be banned ? It's a know killer of children especially

" .... but make the decision based on punters don’t want it rather than the Sun says it kills! "

You read the SUN?

Romford, Essex

"

do you happily breath in petrol and diesel fumes ? It has been scientifically proven that this is affecting children's airways and leading to an increase in asthma and other respiratory diseases but most ppl don't say much about this and carry on polluting the air we all breathe , just saying tho

And have no doubt there isn’t a place to park your bicycle at most clubs? "

An odour (or smell) is a very minute concentration of particles which is detected by your nose or tongue; and this is very different to the levels of concentration of airborne particulates breathed in when ‘passive’ smoking or vaping.

Think about it, if you smell gas you don’t fall down dead, as the smell (odour) sensors in your nose and mouth can pick up very minute particles in the air, sensibly you would walk away and raise the alarm, staying would put you in danger because greater quantities of the particles would be entering your lungs and bloodstream.

Being able to smell the odour that vaping (or aftershave or diesel fumes) leaves on clothes or skin, is very different from breathing in the vapour.

We all have a sense of smell, unless you have the medical condition congenital anosmia.

So even if you donned a gimp mask and installed an air purifier you will still pick up ‘odour’ (smell) from the mask etc – this is how your body works.

This thread is about vaping and the airborne particulates from e-cigarettes being smoked in public places, where the concentrations are significantly higher, and are totally different levels when compared to odours.

As for petrol or diesel fumes, that is a different discussion altogether – you can’t escape them because it’s part of the environment, unless you remove all cars, lorries, trains, planes……blah blah – sorry, in this thread that’s just another stupid comparison!

So I will update my opinion – Even if I did like the smell (odour) of your Pina-colada flavoured smoke stick - I don’t want that crap in my face, lungs or bloodstream.

Have another lovely day.

We received mail from Royal London Life Insurance this morning and on it's payout examples page the top banner reads:

Non-smoker or smoker?

If you have used any tobacco,e-cigarettes, vaping or nicotine replacement products in the last 12 months, we define you as a smoker.

By *absfunguyMan  over a year ago

Home Counties &

Cat X "

vaping is a smoke so shouldn’t it be treated the same as smoking...

Romford, Essex

"We received mail from Royal London Life Insurance this morning and on it's payout examples page the top banner reads:

Non-smoker or smoker?

If you have used any tobacco,e-cigarettes, vaping or nicotine replacement products in the last 12 months, we define you as a smoker.

"

"

vaping is a smoke so shouldn’t it be treated the same as smoking..."

Vapour is not smoke.

wigan

" .... but make the decision based on punters don’t want it rather than the Sun says it kills!

You read the SUN? "

No!

By *illow-TalkMan  over a year ago

Shipston-on-Stour

Most pubs and clubs treat vaping as smoking, it’s becoming the norm and so it should be in my opinion.

wigan

"

And have no doubt there isn’t a place to park your bicycle at most clubs?

An odour (or smell) is a very minute concentration of particles which is detected by your nose or tongue; and this is very different to the levels of concentration of airborne particulates breathed in when ‘passive’ smoking or vaping. No! It isn’t!

Think about it, if you smell gas you don’t fall down dead, as the smell (odour) sensors in your nose and mouth can pick up very minute particles in the air, sensibly you would walk away and raise the alarm, staying would put you in danger because greater quantities of the particles would be entering your lungs and bloodstream. Same minute particles of pharmaceutical grade flavourings!

Being able to smell the odour that vaping (or aftershave or diesel fumes) leaves on clothes or skin, is very different from breathing in the vapour. No! It isn’t!

We all have a sense of smell, unless you have the medical condition congenital anosmia.

Don’t know why you chose congenital anosmia ? Just anosmia will do it doesn’t matter how it originated!

So even if you donned a gimp mask and installed an air purifier you will still pick up ‘odour’ (smell) from the mask etc – this is how your body works. Then your ‘air purifier’ is not purifying air!

This thread is about vaping and the airborne particulates from e-cigarettes being smoked in public places, where the concentrations are significantly higher, and are totally different levels when compared to odours. E cigarettes aren’t smoked. For your argument is it important whether the ‘particulates’ are harmful? To be well informed you should research the elevated levels of airborne contaminants in an average home, workplace or to benchmark against a small pub or club.

As for petrol or diesel fumes, that is a different discussion altogether – you can’t escape them because it’s part of the environment, unless you remove all cars, lorries, trains, planes……blah blah – sorry, in this thread that’s just another stupid comparison! It really isn’t - it’s about exposure to harmful substances, your personal exposure ... and I imagine you neither want to wear a suitable mask to prevent exposure nor do you want to get rid of your car and make any particular stand against the governments which allow air to be polluted?

So I will update my opinion – Even if I did like the smell (odour) of your Pina-colada flavoured smoke stick - I don’t want that crap in my face, lungs or bloodstream.

At this point your opinion, being based on the previous points, appears insignificant!

Have another lovely day.

"

And you??

wigan

Sorry don’t know how to highlight my replies to your post .... but they’re there and the question marks after emoji weren’t me either!

wigan

"We received mail from Royal London Life Insurance this morning and on it's payout examples page the top banner reads:

Non-smoker or smoker?

"

Have no idea why insurance companies would !??? They always seem to do what’s right ? ??

doncaster

Non-smoker or smoker?

Have no idea why insurance companies would !??? They always seem to do what’s right ? ??"

have the insurance company started to increase premiums for those who live in inner city areas regarding the petrol and diesel engine fumes ? They ought to

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

Non-smoker or smoker?

Have no idea why insurance companies would !??? They always seem to do what’s right ? ?? have the insurance company started to increase premiums for those who live in inner city areas regarding the petrol and diesel engine fumes ? They ought to "

Many living in a city have no choice but to live there, those quoted by the insurance company have a choice.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

if allowed inside, some idiots will assume its ok to smoke cigarettes inside too.

» Add a new message to this topic