FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > La Chambre

La Chambre

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've been off the scene for a good few years. In the past we had some great meets and made some good friends.

Recently I took a lady friend of ours to a themed couples night at LaChambre.

To say it was a disappointment is an understatement, also very embarrassing considering we had sung its praises based on past experience.

Thinking it was a just a blip we decided to give it another go some time later on another theme night. Same again, hardly anyone there, next to no one dressed for the theme night and no one playing anywhere. It was like walking into an ordinary pub.

We asked one of the guys who worked there and he said it was like that more often than not these days, he said we must have been there in the "golden years" and that its a different generation now.

It certainly seems that these days folk would rather stay at home playing vid games or whatever, as the chap said "Its a different generation".

As a foot note, nothing at all had changed in the years we'd been away from the place, could that be a reason?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Better off playing at home guys

At least you know it will happen and u more relaxed

Xxx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Better off playing at home guys

At least you know it will happen and u more relaxed

Xxx"

Well, as for ourselves, we're not on the scene as such now.

However, our recently divorced lady friend had expressed interest in doing all the things she'd missed out on.

So we told her about the fun and games we'd had, hence the disappointing club visits.

Have to say, after all we'd said it was a real let down after everything we'd told her XX

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So I'd like to address some of the concerns raised here but please be aware that this profile is used by a number of members of staff, most of which much more regular than myself (Sarah here).

Our theme nights are hosted at quieter times of the month, generally towards the end when payday seems miles away! Although theme nights may encourage some people to attend, we don't mandate costume wearing and for the less ubiquitous themes (i.e. not Halloween or Christmas) the impetus for dress up isn't quite the same. We've admittedly not done a spectacular job of advertising fancy dress nights but our social nights which we've showcased more get a cracking attendance.

There's also an element of the external influencing customer numbers on any one night. Historically (lol) there were only a couple of clubs in the region. With recent openings of new clubs in Leeds and Hull the choices have vastly grown within a fairly local area and so we now share customers across a broader range. With us being close to the arena, big events there crowd out hotels in the area and the city which can make it difficult for guests from further afield.

I'd agree with you on the different generations aspect too. I've worked on and off for the club for 7 years (!) and there has been some subtle changes to the atmosphere. We have a very big social aspect, helped a lot by the building being a former pub and set out as such. That's not to say we aren't knocking on doors to tell people it's closing time and the play time has run out, but from what I've seen an increasingly social element is common across lots of clubs and parties. Obviously we can't dictate the amount of playing that happens on any one night though, sometimes it's an array of orgies and sometimes it's a much quieter, social affair, regardless of numbers. It's not the same as the old days but no place open as long as LC has been is the same as it used to be. I think we're coming up to twenty years now!

Regarding changes to the club, the use and layout of a number of rooms has been updated and we've brought in a few new features, especially in the dungeon. Decor wise there's only been a few small changes thus far as we've been working on other things. It's also worth noting that big projects like redecorating will be within the owners remit but at present it's the regular staff who are dealing with the day to day management.

However, I will make sure your feedback goes on to both management and the owners (management will likely see this through the profile as well). I hope this answers some of your questions and feel free to message the profile if you want to discuss further.

Happy swinging!

» Add a new message to this topic