FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Why no t-shirts?

Why no t-shirts?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Bigger A OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Men’s dress codes seem quite outdated on club rules these days

After coming back to clubs after a few years, i’m surprised that quite old fashioned dress codes, (long gone in music clubs) are still baning t-shirts, ripped jeans or collars are compulsory...

...these days a t-shirt with a blazer, fitted and fashionable ripped jeans can look a lot better than an ill fitting shirt or say a sloppy polo shirt.

Why not the rules just be: smart, dress to impress!

Curious to know why the clubs take this line?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s a big debate.

Smart casual is open to so much interpretation.

Ripped jeans are a new ish fashion, I personally don’t like them. I wouldn’t class myself as old but maybe my views are. Some guys under the smart casual wear a tracksuit as it’s £100+ with trainers that cost as much as my car. I personally don’t find it attractive or look like you’ve made an effort.

Smart trousers, shirt with collar and proper shoes is a massive turn on for me. That said you need to look smart, smell clean and have a bit of personality.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm definitely not old, but I think ripped jeans are awful and scruffy even if they're brand new.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Bring back zoot suits!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Bring back zoot suits!"

People are no doubt looking at this and wondering what a zoot suit is! Basically 18-20" parallel legged trousers with a waistband on the rib cage and a jacket that came down to the knees!

"Bring back zoot suits!

People are no doubt looking at this and wondering what a zoot suit is! Basically 18-20" parallel legged trousers with a waistband on the rib cage and a jacket that came down to the knees!"

... and spats!

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

West Kent (near Tonbridge)

"I'm definitely not old, but I think ripped jeans are awful and scruffy even if they're brand new. "

I totally agree. I'd hate ripped jeans to become the norm in clubs.

so glad I’m not alone in not liking the ‘ripped jeans’ look...

Especially the ones where the person is better of wearing shorts there’s so little material hahaha

By *wilight PartiesCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

We organize parties and events. We're definitely not old fashioned by any means. I've owned a bar with lax dress code. But erotic atmosphere? Smart casual all the way. It's simply more attractive when women look feminine and stunning, and men look smart.

Ripped clothing of any kind is inherently scruffy (unless it's been ripped in course of the evening's festivities, of course).

Fashion and class are not always the same thing.

Appear at the door in what you feel is smart. If you are let in the club agrees. Take an alternative with you that complies with the club and change if asked.

Simples.

London

"Fashion and class are not always the same thing.

Appear at the door in what you feel is smart. If you are let in the club agrees. Take an alternative with you that complies with the club and change if asked.

Simples."

Totally, and to be honest clubs will rarely refuse entry to someone they want, but I do remember me and mates, wearing well-fitted t-shirts often with a blazer and being criticised for it... when women are encouraged to wear whatever they want often!

I can understand the ‘outrage’ out over ripped-jeans, it’s takes a real eye for fashion to make them look smart but collars being a must is a bit 2004!

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"a t-shirt with a blazer, fitted and fashionable ripped jeans"

Yummy

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

Women universally make a massive effort in what they wear (we often take different clothes to change if necessary). Not to much to ask for guys to make sure they look gorgeous and smart too.

I am not against expensive casualwear but it's hard for door staff to measure effort and that's what's its about effort I suppose.

Sx

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

It may be because most club owners are of the same generation as us, and therefore consider t-shirts, trainers and ripped jeans to be scruffy and/or lazy.

Our attitude is simple: Zero effort = zero reward.

By *otandsexy2999Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm definitely not old, but I think ripped jeans are awful and scruffy even if they're brand new. "

Totally agree....nothing nicer than a smart guy in proper shirt and trousers and who smells great

London

"a t-shirt with a blazer, fitted and fashionable ripped jeans

Yummy "

Haha, I think I could rock your world!

London

"It may be because most club owners are of the same generation as us, and therefore consider t-shirts, trainers and ripped jeans to be scruffy and/or lazy.

Our attitude is simple: Zero effort = zero reward."

I think there maybe a general thing, as I don’t think t-shirts and jeans are necessary scruffy if there is effort made.

A polyester shirt, or baggy polo-shirt can look a lot scruffier than than a muscle-fit t-shirt with well fitting skinny jeans.

I always tend to wear a suit. Generally find it works wonders with my lady and a fair few others we meet.

Wouldnt want the dress codes to relax too much. Its nice getting dressed up when i go out.

London

"

I am not against expensive casualwear but it's hard for door staff to measure effort and that's what's its about effort I suppose.

Sx"

I think you have a point, it’s very hard to police smartness... that said I’ve had door staff compliment my smartness while critique me for not wearing a shirt!

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Men’s dress codes seem quite outdated on club rules these days

After coming back to clubs after a few years, i’m surprised that quite old fashioned dress codes, (long gone in music clubs) are still baning t-shirts, ripped jeans or collars are compulsory...

...these days a t-shirt with a blazer, fitted and fashionable ripped jeans can look a lot better than an ill fitting shirt or say a sloppy polo shirt.

Why not the rules just be: smart, dress to impress!

Curious to know why the clubs take this line?"

Depends on the individual club mate; I visited one this year which specifically mentions 'smart attire, ie, shirt, trousers and proper shoes, for the men', and when I got there, pretty much everyone was in trainers and T-shirts. There was one other guy who had obviously made an effort, and guess what? It was his first time in that club also! I think, as it was such a quiet night, the club were just happy to have the cash register as busy as possible

London

"I always tend to wear a suit. Generally find it works wonders with my lady and a fair few others we meet.

Wouldnt want the dress codes to relax too much. Its nice getting dressed up when i go out. "

I agree, but why the rules. Why not just say smart!

Let guys show their game, through clothes as well - which a suit can do wonders for!

By *uto564Man  over a year ago

Widnes

If us guys expect the women to dress to impress why not us guys????

London

"If us guys expect the women to dress to impress why not us guys????"

Who’s saying that, yes sure there are those guys who make zero effort but a lot do.

Look at a typical English town on a Saturday night, guys dressed to go out, often with a lot effort, ( not only with clothes but gym time, barber time) but rarely would a nightclub ban any of them for not wearing collars of having ripped jeans... things have moved in from 2002!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

To me a long sleeved polo shirt, blazer and jeans with shoes and not trainers is smart casual

» Add a new message to this topic