FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > How much to disclose?

How much to disclose?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey fabbers, I know everyone will have their opinion on this. But I'm just asking as a general.

During meets & swingers club events how truthful are you about your real 'identity' as such? Your real name, where you work etc

I just don't want to go to one and I'm the only honest person there haha.

Your replies would be most grateful.

Dave xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"Hey fabbers, I know everyone will have their opinion on this. But I'm just asking as a general.

During meets & swingers club events how truthful are you about your real 'identity' as such? Your real name, where you work etc

I just don't want to go to one and I'm the only honest person there haha.

Your replies would be most grateful.

Dave xx

"

We give our real first names and don't mind saying what we do. It'd be hard to identify someone just by a first name and occupation

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

If you ask me a question I will give you an honest answer, simple! X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tell anyone who asks . I'm a single guy nothing to hide

"I tell anyone who asks . I'm a single guy nothing to hide "
well maybe not my pin number and bank details

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

We are always honest about our names, we don't really get into the job conversation unless we have seen the people there a few times and we are getting to know them, I'm really glad we have always been honest about who we are because we have some amazing friends now, that we spend time with on and off the scene Mrs blue eyes

Me been a vicar it's not something I like to disclose

I give out my real name but like to keep a healthy separation between my real life and my fab life, they are 2 very distinct areas of my life and don't ever mix. I tend to be a mystery man on that front. I tell no lies so say nothing at all

By *ants_Nerdy_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Havant

We give our real names but we shouldn't. My name is very distinctive and the chances of someone knowing someone are quite high. I can't think of a pseudonym that doesn't sound daft though. Maybe I should call myself Phil. That's what Zaphod Beeblebrox did.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

You should give what information you feel comfortable giving

It doesn't matter if you use an alias name for swinging alot do

Talking about your job etc is all good however you don't need to reveal where you exactly work

I've had many conversations with other swingers,being truthful,just leaving out things like my street name,job address etc it's nobody's business

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I don't use a pseudonym or tell any lies, I have a dreadful memory so it just isn't practical.

I will give my real first name, if people ask I tell them I'm a full time carer for my mum and work part time in a supermarket. I tell them the city I live in but not the exact area.

If anyone asks something I don't feel comfortable with I say so and if they are insistent I walk away.

People I have met a few times do eventually find out more. I have been meeting someone regularly since October and he knows my full name, some detail about my family, my home address, date of birth etc. Pretty much like a vanilla friendship you learn more about each other over time.

Only one person on here knows everything about me and that is my sister.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

With strangers, we tell them nothing apart from what's on our profile.

With people we have met before, and we are comfortable with, we tell a bit more.

With friends we have made, we are very open.

[Removed by poster at 05/08/17 01:15:43]

Didn't mean to do that sorry. The message was similar to this....

Thanks for your replies guys. Thing is with me like someone else said, I have quite a fairly distinctive name. If it gets put into Facebook I would definitely be up at the top. Similar with the job situation. I wouldn't be able to hide much without people knowing it (it's quite a known local thing) then I'd feel like I was screwed haha.

But also withholding information would also put me at risk of looking bad.

Quite a tough one really.

It'd be good to hear more of your opinions.

Cheers

Dave

"Didn't mean to do that sorry. The message was similar to this....

Thanks for your replies guys. Thing is with me like someone else said, I have quite a fairly distinctive name. If it gets put into Facebook I would definitely be up at the top. Similar with the job situation. I wouldn't be able to hide much without people knowing it (it's quite a known local thing) then I'd feel like I was screwed haha.

But also withholding information would also put me at risk of looking bad.

Quite a tough one really.

It'd be good to hear more of your opinions.

Cheers

Dave"

Is Dave your pretend name? Just say that's your name. I don't tell people anything. I make it up if they ask. If they keep asking I say sorry we won't be meeting.

Yeah Dave is my alter ego haha.

I'm gonna have to keep with it tbh because like I said I have a easy name to search.

I just don't want to get cought up in lies and being completely rejected because of it.

It's a benefit for you to have the power as such to turn those people away. With me it's the opposite haha.

Dave xx

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Yeah Dave is my alter ego haha.

I'm gonna have to keep with it tbh because like I said I have a easy name to search.

I just don't want to get cought up in lies and being completely rejected because of it.

It's a benefit for you to have the power as such to turn those people away. With me it's the opposite haha.

Dave xx"

You have to balance what you will gain, against what you might potentially lose.

Our names aren't what we put on here, and neither is our location... we are in the same kind of boat as you OP... to put our real names and location would give too much away, and the location we use is close enough.

Run your profile/swinging how you want to dude, people will only know you aren't being entirely honest if you tell them.

» Add a new message to this topic