FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > confusing...

confusing...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

am I the only person who cannot make head or tail of the club listing thread any more? the listing are all in SHOUTY CAPITALS!!! with exclamation marks .There appear to be numerous threads for the same event by various different people, they're all trying so hard to stand out that nobody does anymore.

I was under the impression that clubs were limited to the number of events they could advertise at the same time but see many more than was previously allowed so has this rule changed or is it just not being enforced?

we've loved some of our club experiences and are often looking for opportunities to expand on those but are seriously put off by being unable to wade through so much off putting dross to get to the information we're looking for...

...and don't even get me started on all of the petty bitching, drama and name calling that you see...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I ventured into the events forum board the other day and made a hasty retreat!

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We as a club are getting fed up with this too, we want to let other people know what's going on at the club and this is one of the best ways of doing it. It would probably be better if every club was allowed one each month and list all the parties that are going on in that month..

What is other peoples ideas ?

Regards Jaydee and Tracy xxx

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Yeh, there should be a limit but it seems that the rule doesn't apply to all as some clubs/events seem to have tons listed.

I would prefer more structure to the events forum as it's a free for all at the moment with some clubs getting more exposure. It feels like a battle at times and I'm personally sick of it. I know other clubs are too!

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Gave up this week posting. .....

Just stopped reading the all capital letters ones...

xx

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

I'm sick of seeing multiple posts from certain clubs as they're getting more exposure than others and all seems to be the same clubs! It's getting hard work finding NW club events right now xx

"Just stopped reading the all capital letters ones...

xx"

Just looked at this and THI and Jaydees are being ignored also ...

xx

"I'm sick of seeing multiple posts from certain clubs as they're getting more exposure than others and all seems to be the same clubs! It's getting hard work finding NW club events right now xx"

Reminds me of a Cilit bang advert, even read the first few in a Barry voice... It's a Launch and They wanna shout about it, doesn't bother us either way, good to see people putting events on still...

xx

Could the administration not look at perhaps giving the club's events section a make over? Maybe menu selections which allow users to filter events by club/date/type. So you could search for a particular date or club and see what's in the pipeline. Then just have the main 1st forum page as a snapshot or notice board type of recent events posted??

Just putting that out there......only a thought please don't shoot me ha ha

Mr PB

XxX

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Could the administration not look at perhaps giving the club's events section a make over? Maybe menu selections which allow users to filter events by club/date/type. So you could search for a particular date or club and see what's in the pipeline. Then just have the main 1st forum page as a snapshot or notice board type of recent events posted??

Mr PB

XxX

"

I like this.

Something needs to be done as it's a feckin mess on that thread and the rules either need to be maintained for all or trashed!

As a club, I would happily contribute money for decent advertising space or an overhaul of how clubs are treated/listed/portayed/handled/filtered on here; members need a better way of finding club information as it's just not good at the moment.

xx

"Could the administration not look at perhaps giving the club's events section a make over? Maybe menu selections which allow users to filter events by club/date/type. So you could search for a particular date or club and see what's in the pipeline. Then just have the main 1st forum page as a snapshot or notice board type of recent events posted??

Mr PB

XxX

I like this.

Something needs to be done as it's a feckin mess on that thread and the rules either need to be maintained for all or trashed!

As a club, I would happily contribute money for decent advertising space or an overhaul of how clubs are treated/listed/portayed/handled/filtered on here; members need a better way of finding club information as it's just not good at the moment.

xx"

By *xploringusCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Good post OP - we were looking earlier and gave up for exactly the same reasons.

Some structure would be helpful and maybe set-up a category for arguments and bitching between organisers that the rest of us can ignore!

By *lub Rouge ManchesterCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Defiantly needs an overhaul. Even Iv lost track of what's on.

Mr PB

XxX

I like this.

xx"

It most certainly does. Even the ability to allow user to click a forum link posted as a status (when using a mobile device, at present you can't click. You have to copy and paste) would be an improvement.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I think putting the date and the venue in capital letters is necessary to allow people to scan the posts.

The ones that annoy me are " Sally's Birthday" are not helpful. You then have to click on them to see where and when.

Everyone should put the essential info on the heading and then it is easier to scan down the posts.

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

Would be helpful if the posts were in a simple header format

For example:

Date - club - event

Easy to read and go through.

The endless exclamation marks and X's and stars is just awful to read.

Totally agree about the titles which say nothing apart from 'xxxx's birthday'

Think the logical solution would be just to have them in date order, not just bumped by people!

Along with banning over use of capitals and non alphabetical symbols.

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Should devide into areas. Someone in the north west doesn't want to look at London Events unless going there

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Should devide into areas. Someone in the north west doesn't want to look at London Events unless going there "

Yeh but then we get loads of people from the east and Midlands who weren't looking to come to the north west but happened to see our event and fancied it. People would have to seek us out in the NW area and I'd they didn't, they could miss out on great events. It's a hard one isn't it? X

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

just would like the subject to be formatted better. Club date and event type. i don't like monthly compressed ones because i want to look for a date i am free..keep all the details in the posting..maybe the site could manage then into 'this week' 'next week' or 'week commencing' sections, help people plan ahead, without clubs feeling they are all getting lost in the ocean x

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"am I the only person who cannot make head or tail of the club listing thread any more? the listing are all in SHOUTY CAPITALS!!! with exclamation marks .There appear to be numerous threads for the same event by various different people, they're all trying so hard to stand out that nobody does anymore.

I was under the impression that clubs were limited to the number of events they could advertise at the same time but see many more than was previously allowed so has this rule changed or is it just not being enforced?

we've loved some of our club experiences and are often looking for opportunities to expand on those but are seriously put off by being unable to wade through so much off putting dross to get to the information we're looking for...

...and don't even get me started on all of the petty bitching, drama and name calling that you see..."

Clubs are only supposed to have 2 listed events per week. I actually got a forum ban for posting more a few years ago. The only thing you can do is report the multiple posters.

I have noticed a few things over the last few weeks involving a few different clubs not sure if anyone else has noticed. For a while there seemed to be a competition between the two cougar and cubs events to get over and above each other quite alot on said forum. People continually trying to prove they are the 'original event' blah blah blah. its annoying to watch.

Another club advertising all its events in one listing if not more than one listing and then advertising a hosted event which is also listed separately, as well as their other events. Multiple posting yet again and annoying to keep seeing the same popping up and popping up again.

Another club on tour listing loads of events at other clubs ,in reality if the other clubs have ads up for that week and it gets over the 2 allowed ones then 1 should be removed. Maybe the event on tour needs to use its profile more so.

Jeez I dont know a solution but it can be entertaining sometimes when you see 1 person talking to themselves from 2 different profiles to bump up the posts.

Hopefully admin will try thinking of a solution.

I like the idea of a calander on fab where you can click on the date yourself and see what's on rather than traipsing through all of them.

By *ougarsandcubsWoman  over a year ago

Medway

"am I the only person who cannot make head or tail of the club listing thread any more? the listing are all in SHOUTY CAPITALS!!! with exclamation marks .There appear to be numerous threads for the same event by various different people, they're all trying so hard to stand out that nobody does anymore.

...and don't even get me started on all of the petty bitching, drama and name calling that you see...

Clubs are only supposed to have 2 listed events per week. I actually got a forum ban for posting more a few years ago. The only thing you can do is report the multiple posters.

I have noticed a few things over the last few weeks involving a few different clubs not sure if anyone else has noticed. For a while there seemed to be a competition between the two cougar and cubs events to get over and above each other quite alot on said forum. People continually trying to prove they are the 'original event' blah blah blah. its annoying to watch.

Another club advertising all its events in one listing if not more than one listing and then advertising a hosted event which is also listed separately, as well as their other events. Multiple posting yet again and annoying to keep seeing the same popping up and popping up again.

Another club on tour listing loads of events at other clubs ,in reality if the other clubs have ads up for that week and it gets over the 2 allowed ones then 1 should be removed. Maybe the event on tour needs to use its profile more so.

Jeez I dont know a solution but it can be entertaining sometimes when you see 1 person talking to themselves from 2 different profiles to bump up the posts.

I like the idea of a calander on fab where you can click on the date yourself and see what's on rather than traipsing through all of them.

"

As you have mentioned my event in this feed i think it only fair to comment .

I List one event at a time as it runs one monthly at Radletts and recently another one at DV8. This i believe is completely within the rules ?//

Each event is listed after the next one with the current event being chatted on my regular members the most frequent ( I cant stop them doing that ) Not like they are staff pushing it up on purpose .

The reason I have the original in the post is because people are confused by this passing off as my event used to be held at the other club and they complain they have been mislead when they attend as it is completely different .. My account has been running and verified Over a year and half

I can not stop them from plastering my brand in the forums . Even Im sick of seeing _ougarsandcubs everywhere , And answering same messages etc ., its cheapened it ;0(

But please do not associate this with me .

Its the point I am trying to get across consistently ,, They are not connected to me in any shape or form.

There is no competition ( my side) I do what I do and have a lot of regulars and good support .

My only concern is to protect my brand name and night .. and not get dragged into things such as above..

If You knew my market youd know hot young single guys dont even know how to read a profile let alone find their way to a forum link and post / read ? lol

Very good feed btw and I hope a solution comes from it to and a set way of formatting would be great .

The format at moment is same as another site and that never used to have problems either

A date order could be a good solution .

Huntingdon

As you have mentioned my event in this feed i think it only fair to comment .

I List one event at a time as it runs one monthly at Radletts and recently another one at DV8. This i believe is completely within the rules ?//

Each event is listed after the next one with the current event being chatted on my regular members the most frequent ( I cant stop them doing that ) Not like they are staff pushing it up on purpose .

The reason I have the original in the post is because people are confused by this passing off as my event used to be held at the other club and they complain they have been mislead when they attend as it is completely different .. My account has been running and verified Over a year and half

I can not stop them from plastering my brand in the forums . Even Im sick of seeing _ougarsandcubs everywhere , And answering same messages etc ., its cheapened it ;0(

But please do not associate this with me .

Its the point I am trying to get across consistently ,, They are not connected to me in any shape or form.

There is no competition ( my side) I do what I do and have a lot of regulars and good support .

My only concern is to protect my brand name and night .. and not get dragged into things such as above..

If You knew my market youd know hot young single guys dont even know how to read a profile let alone find their way to a forum link and post / read ? lol

Very good feed btw and I hope a solution comes from it to and a set way of formatting would be great .

The format at moment is same as another site and that never used to have problems either

A date order could be a good solution .

"

Yep ,can totally see that looks like a fab event x I wasn't having a pop at all just commented on what I have noticed x

Huntingdon

I totally agree with you on that. I haven't got a clue how fab will be able to fix it unless they actually start listening to the suggestions and taking things on board x

Fairly regularly clubs/hosts/organisers fall out and go there seperate ways this manifests itself fairly clearly in the events forum and at the moment most can see what event/clubs this involves, bumping of posts has always been used as a tool to get better exposure and at times it's been misused and clearly this is happening at the moment and looks pretty obvious, pathetic and a little childish, sorry to say, but hey ho we've been guilty of bumping our own events in the past, so we are guilty too.

Most clubs/hosts/organisers have there own band of people to bump posts. It's been known for people to have multiple profiles but fab seem to have clamped down on that.

Maybe as we previously suggested a date order of events would stop the ridiculous bumping

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Fairly regularly clubs/hosts/organisers fall out and go there seperate ways this manifests itself fairly clearly in the events forum and at the moment most can see what event/clubs this involves, bumping of posts has always been used as a tool to get better exposure and at times it's been misused and clearly this is happening at the moment and looks pretty obvious, pathetic and a little childish, sorry to say, but hey ho we've been guilty of bumping our own events in the past, so we are guilty too.

Most clubs/hosts/organisers have there own band of people to bump posts. It's been known for people to have multiple profiles but fab seem to have clamped down on that.

Maybe as we previously suggested a date order of events would stop the ridiculous bumping"

I think the date order thing would be good, but then when you think about how many clubs list say, the last Saturday of the month parties, there would be arguments over who is higher on the date list...who goes at the top of the date list and who is further down...I can see it now!!!!! hahaha

I don't think regional would work (see my comment above), the date order thing would rattle cages and Alphabetical won't work either.

I am stumped on this to be honest. But the current set up is poop! lol

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Hi guys don't want to get in a tit for tat here. Yes we have posted our "tour" events under this profile as for some reason we can't post under the Eureka_ougarsandcubs profile. We have constantly tried to contact admin for this but no reply. Yes there are four listings for the tour but all are for different venues throughout the UK. For future dates we will happily post in one forum for all the venues, we just felt that every venue had a different ruling on their night so it was only right they all had their own posts to list this.

As we have said happy to change this for the future.

We agree the date order is a good idea to.

We will ensure the caps lock is off too.

Thanks guys

Huntingdon

"Fairly regularly clubs/hosts/organisers fall out and go there seperate ways this manifests itself fairly clearly in the events forum and at the moment most can see what event/clubs this involves, bumping of posts has always been used as a tool to get better exposure and at times it's been misused and clearly this is happening at the moment and looks pretty obvious, pathetic and a little childish, sorry to say, but hey ho we've been guilty of bumping our own events in the past, so we are guilty too.

Maybe as we previously suggested a date order of events would stop the ridiculous bumping

I think the date order thing would be good, but then when you think about how many clubs list say, the last Saturday of the month parties, there would be arguments over who is higher on the date list...who goes at the top of the date list and who is further down...I can see it now!!!!! hahaha

I don't think regional would work (see my comment above), the date order thing would rattle cages and Alphabetical won't work either.

I am stumped on this to be honest. But the current set up is poop! lol "

Haha I can see that with the date order and parties for last/first days of month personally I dont mind where I come if its date order as long as its listed ,maybe first come first served on posting and like it or lump it lol

Date order, then first come first served? I think the main issue at the moment is everyone wanting to be at least on the first page if not near the top, if all in date order this would eradicate this as everyone would have to scroll through

Or an even more radical idea, lose the forum events completely and use the club reviews info box to advertise all that months events, no issues then, guest lists can be published on club profiles and the club info box have a link to that profile x

All above sounds too complicated and would take ages to navigate... If we had to go to each individual club listing to see what's happening its easier to just go to their websites...

People enjoy the threads and bumping them up and seeing whos going/posted/excited... Yeah cap letters gang got over enthusiastic but said sorry so move on n get back to the hard slog of promoting all the quality events people are looking for...

xx

A certain NW club has NINE current postings of events coming up in their club. They seem to be getting round it by saying someone else is hosting.

Maybe the other clubs should try this way to get around advertising more than 2 of their upcoming events on the board?

"A certain NW club has NINE current postings of events coming up in their club. They seem to be getting round it by saying someone else is hosting.

Maybe the other clubs should try this way to get around advertising more than 2 of their upcoming events on the board? "

Each club no matter where in the country are allowed to post 2 threads per week in the swinging clubs/event ads section. Sometimes there can be 4 or 6 threads running for the same club but they've been posted over separate weeks.

Also, nearly all clubs have people who celebrate their birthdays etc there and post this in the same section this doesn't count as part of the clubs allowance.

I along with lots of other people hold private events at clubs across the country, so I will post about these events, that doesn't come as part of their allowance either. I'm only allowed to post 2 events per week in this section the same as the clubs. At the moment I have one thread running for a club in the NW and one for a Club in the Midlands but as both of these threads were started weeks ago, I could if I wished post another 2 this week.

» Add a new message to this topic