FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > AbFabs...smoking...rules...grrr

AbFabs...smoking...rules...grrr

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Rules themselves are good, sometimes people interpret them in funny ways though.

Rules are a means to an end, not an end in themselves. Unfortunately, this requires a degree of intelligent thought; to keep in mind both the rule and it's purpose.

So AbFabs has a rule that guys must stay with their female partners on a Saturday night. There's nothing wrong with that, there could be a lot of problems if guys wondered around the play areas alone on a couples only night.

But we were two guys going to the smoking area (nowhere near the play areas) and were told not to go off alone, sent back to our partners, then told that my friend couple only smoke with his wife next to him.

Whilst the member of staff was polite. It put a downer on the whole evening. I don't smoke, but I accompanied our friend because his wife hates his smoking. Needless to say, forcing him to either not smoke or her to sit next to him while he did killed the vibe.

Sorry AbFabs but think about why you have the rules in the first place rather than blindly enforcing them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

That sounds like enforcement on quite an extreme level

Personally we would of left at that point.

We both smoke but if one of us wants a cig and the other is in a general area...bar ect ect i cant see the harm in it

"That sounds like enforcement on quite an extreme level

Personally we would of left at that point.

We both smoke but if one of us wants a cig and the other is in a general area...bar ect ect i cant see the harm in it "

I could understand if we were remotely close to the play areas but we were probably about as far from all of them as you can be!

Where does the logic stop? Does my wife have to accompany me to take a piss?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Maybe it's an attempt to stop single guys paying a lady to attend with them, leaving her in the lounge and going off on their own??

"Maybe it's an attempt to stop single guys paying a lady to attend with them, leaving her in the lounge and going off on their own??"

That's exactly why the rule exists. As I made clear, the rule exists for a good reason, but it's how you apply that rule that effects the general atmosphere of the club.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do couples have to go to the toilet together?

"Maybe it's an attempt to stop single guys paying a lady to attend with them, leaving her in the lounge and going off on their own??

That's exactly why the rule exists. As I made clear, the rule exists for a good reason, but it's how you apply that rule that effects the general atmosphere of the club. "

Exactly, I think if you're standing in the smoking area then that is a safe exception. Same as if you're going to the toilets; I assume they do not have mixed toilets?

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Maybe it's an attempt to stop single guys paying a lady to attend with them, leaving her in the lounge and going off on their own??

That's exactly why the rule exists. As I made clear, the rule exists for a good reason, but it's how you apply that rule that effects the general atmosphere of the club.

Exactly, I think if you're standing in the smoking area then that is a safe exception. Same as if you're going to the toilets; I assume they do not have mixed toilets?"

They do; a block of 3 or 4

And I have, over the years, bumped into a couple of ladies who didn't even know the most basic information about their male 'partner'

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Do couples have to go to the toilet together?"

Very good point, bet they don't stop the FEMS walking about chatting in pairs.

Bit extreme interpretation of the rule I feel.

S

Exactly, I think if you're standing in the smoking area then that is a safe exception. Same as if you're going to the toilets; I assume they do not have mixed toilets?

And I have, over the years, bumped into a couple of ladies who didn't even know the most basic information about their male 'partner' "

In all honesty I've never seen anyone hanging around the toilets. There's nothing attractive you can see in the toilets that isn't on better display elsewhere in the club. Unless you have a fart fetish.

Yes, some men clearly hire women to get them in. That's why the rule is there. It's not the rule I resent though.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

And I have, over the years, bumped into a couple of ladies who didn't even know the most basic information about their male 'partner'

In all honesty I've never seen anyone hanging around the toilets. There's nothing attractive you can see in the toilets that isn't on better display elsewhere in the club. Unless you have a fart fetish.

Yes, some men clearly hire women to get them in. That's why the rule is there. It's not the rule I resent though. "

No, I don't think so either I was merely stating that there are mixed facilities

I do agree that they have taken the partner rule to the nth degree. But look at it from their point-of-view; they don't have an army of people to make judgements which require time so they enforce it dictatorially. Because if they don't, they will be accused of favouritism. Also, there is a problem with the rent-a-girlfriend in that and at many other clubs

Yes, some men clearly hire women to get them in. That's why the rule is there. It's not the rule I resent though.

No, I don't think so either I was merely stating that there are mixed facilities

I do agree that they have taken the partner rule to the nth degree. But look at it from their point-of-view; they don't have an army of people to make judgements which require time so they enforce it dictatorially. Because if they don't, they will be accused of favouritism. Also, there is a problem with the rent-a-girlfriend in that and at many other clubs"

I think they need to be more intelligent in the application. I've defended the club from many criticism on other threads. But they really ruined my friends mood that night.

I agree with Mixedbcouple the member of staff failed to use the right level of commonsense with the smoking situation.

Maybe he or she was new and inexperienced. To be fair the Club do strive to police things as well as they can usually.

Sorry to hear it spoilt your night somewhat.

By *appypear12Couple  over a year ago

huntingdon

The smoking area of the lounge was a gd spot to keep peoplecloser togetheir and no need to wander so far shame they closed it

"The smoking area of the lounge was a gd spot to keep peoplecloser togetheir and no need to wander so far shame they closed it "

To be fair smoking rules are there for a reason I know I hate smelling of smoke (I'm an ex smoker) and my oh is asthmatic so it's good it's away.

But this is a very stupid way of enforcing a rule, I've fallen foul of it myself when going toilet yet a fella was alone in the cinema once touching up women and when I pointed it out I was told they cannot do much about it

By *anillaguyMan  over a year ago

Kingston

Being aware of this thread when I visited on Saturday for the first time, having been previously on a Friday I was a little wary. However, I had no problems moving to the loo or for a drink by myself so maybe it was just a blip by an unfamiliar member of staff

» Add a new message to this topic