FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > STI Checks @ Townhouse

STI Checks @ Townhouse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ownhouseTwosome OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I am sure there may be some mixed views about this but I wanted to share anyway.

At Townhouse we work closely with the Terrance Higgins Trust to promote sexual health within the club. Well they have agreed to offer STI checks to members on Fri 17th Oct from 8pm!! They will be offering Chlamydia, Gonorrohea and HIV testing and you will have the option of a fastrack 20 min HIV test or a 2 day test.

THT will provide pre and post test counselling so you know exactly what the process is and what a positive result would mean. They are also giving out condoms on the day, but we do that anyway at Townhouse.

You don't have to be a member, you just need to be able to get yourself over to Townhouse Wirral at between 8 & 9pm. We do have an event on that night from 8.30pm but you will be tested/counselled in a private area away from the crowds. It's free, you don't need ID, you don't need to even be interested in the club. Literally anybody can come. Please tell your friends about this so people who want to be tested, can do so locally.

We are running these every month, so if you can't make it this time, I will post a new thread with the future dates when I have them

Vicky and Jim

Townhouse xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a brilliant idea. I applaud this, very thoughtful

Well done, makes a lot of sense x

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Thanks guys...well we do believe in promoting safe sex but rather than it being lip service, we decided to do something about it, other than handing out free condoms

Great to have your support xx

You are welcome, hope its well attended so that people are checked out. If I was on the Wirral I would come along

Never been to a club but you have raised the image of them in my estimation.

You should be very proud of the stance you are taking here, well done and I hope the service is well utilised.

Vickie x

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Never been to a club but you have raised the image of them in my estimation.

You should be very proud of the stance you are taking here, well done and I hope the service is well utilised.

Vickie x"

That is kind of you to say, thank you. I think it will most definitely be utilised once word gets out that the service is available xx

Vickie x

That is kind of you to say, thank you. I think it will most definitely be utilised once word gets out that the service is available xx"

Very commendable.

They should provide this service all over.

Fantastic idea! The service was pulled around the Manchester club due to cuts!

SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC

Monthly health clinic held on Friday afternoons, 12.30pm till 4.00pm

This service is free and confidential, so come and be checked out for your own piece of mind.

Date’s as follows:-Friday 3rd October

any one can come to the club for this its free to get in for any one that wants to come

"SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC

This service is free and confidential, so come and be checked out for your own piece of mind.

Date’s as follows:-Friday 3rd October

any one can come to the club for this its free to get in for any one that wants to come "

Starting to think there should be a Sticky for Listings in local areas for these, for reference.

Imagine, a maintained list for peoples reference, club based etc?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Vickie x

That is kind of you to say, thank you. I think it will most definitely be utilised once word gets out that the service is available xx

Very commendable.

They should provide this service all over.

"

It's easy enough to be honest, it's just taking the time to negotiate times with a provider and have a suitable private room!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Fantastic idea! The service was pulled around the Manchester club due to cuts!"

I don't understand why it was cut due to cuts when it can be provided for free y Terrence Higgins Trust?? If the clubs want to role this out, then they should give THT a call x

SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC @Blackpool Connections Swingers Club

Date’s as follows:-

Friday 5th September

Friday 3rd October

Friday 7th November

Friday 5th December

Birkenhead/Liverpool

" SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC @Blackpool Connections Swingers Club

Date’s as follows:-

Friday 5th September

Friday 3rd October

Friday 7th November

Friday 5th December"

Would you be ok with me mentioning your clinic in Blackpool on my adverts on other sites as we have members from the Blackpool area who could utilise this.

Vicky xx

Vickie x"

By *erseyridersCouple  over a year ago

wallasey

well done Vicky n jim ,,grt idea ,,,

that will be good let very one know the clinic is monthly and its free for people to come in the club to go to the clinic the NH's have there room here Chris Blackpool connections

By *inders and ButtonsCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool/Fleetwood

The same nurses that go to Connections go to Infusions (Liquid Sauna) in the daytime for their monthly sti clinic, everyone is welcome and it doesn't cost to get in to get checked..Next date is the 17th Oct but not sure of the time..

This is an amazing idea and hope that people utilise it.

Well done guys

"This is an amazing idea and hope that people utilise it.

Well done guys "

Here here well done

By *R and BlondieCouple  over a year ago

Bebington, wirral

Fab will be taking advantage of this xx

THT birkenhead run a drop in every wednesday 5 till 8 as well

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I think this is agreed idea. I know Chams in Darlaston have a clinic session also.

I would however also promote hour local nhs GUM clinic. Confidential and free, I have always had a great service from my local ones. The nurses got quite chatty with me, had a few students look up me chuff as I was do laid back about bding there lol plus got a free bag of condoms each visit

Totally agree. I remember the original Clubf owners were based in sunderland with a very popular club before he moved to Stanley. A sexual health advisor from our local GUM clinic visited quite regular to discuss relationship issues/sexual health concerns etc, but things have progressed since 7 years back, and you guys are doing exactly the right thing. Your food bank is also a really good idea (just noticed that on the forums). You guys actually don't realise your making a very positive move towards integrating us (clubs and the lifestyle) into everyday society. things are changing socially and you seem to be paving the way for the rest of us. keep it up

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

We're in full support of this. -Mr.

By *oughnut and radoxWoman  over a year ago

Ashingdon

What a great idea, shame your club so far away. Wish my club would do it, going to suggest it

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Totally agree. I remember the original Clubf owners were based in sunderland with a very popular club before he moved to Stanley. A sexual health advisor from our local GUM clinic visited quite regular to discuss relationship issues/sexual health concerns etc, but things have progressed since 7 years back, and you guys are doing exactly the right thing. Your food bank is also a really good idea (just noticed that on the forums). You guys actually don't realise your making a very positive move towards integrating us (clubs and the lifestyle) into everyday society. things are changing socially and you seem to be paving the way for the rest of us. keep it up "

That is nice of you to say, thank you! It really is easy for other clubs to run an sti clinic through Terrence Higgins, it just takes time, discussion & negotiation..if anyone wants some help/info to do this, just let me know.

As for the food bank...well I've been wanting to do something for our local community for ages but simple for members & seemed to be the best option with fast results which stay in the local area

Again thank you xx

» Add a new message to this topic