FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > club experience and reviews

club experience and reviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey guys, we love going to clubs we love the not knowing what sort of night it's going to be but are often puzzled when checking reviews.

Many clubs after an event have numerous new reviews and there is often a pattern 10 or 15 posetive and then one totally slating the night saying how bad it is. We know not everyone is going to like all clubs but we believe what we were once told, the clubs ley on the facilities but the people make the party.

On the whole we have had posetive experiences at clubs, ok we have had some quiet nights and on one occasion have been asked to leave due to d*unkenness but we accepted it and actually get looked after by the bar staff each time we go ( they make sure we have a bottled water).

So to the point, are the negative reviews generally down to the club not suiting the visitors or sour grapes because the visitor didn't get what they wanted out of the night?

Happy swinging

And as always have nice day.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Another lead balloon

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Another lead balloon "

I was just about to post on this thread, then thought, nahhhhh let it sink

It's gone down quicker than morrigans knickers!

"It's gone down quicker than morrigans knickers!"

Nooooo, nothings quite that quick

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Working towards a resolve

By *andyMooCouple  over a year ago

bedford

It's usually down to expectation. We have been to many clubs but we were very disappointed by some. We understand that it was our own expectation that disappointed us but at the same time we do expect a minimum standard.

It's very true that the people make the clubs a friendly chatty welcoming atmosphere is essential when going to a club for the first time but sadly not all clubs can offer that.

Its more peoples opinions

we are all entitled to our views and sometimes we all cant like the same thing or would be very boring

negative feedback could help clubs if taken as feedback and not complaints

x

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Its more peoples opinions

we are all entitled to our views and sometimes we all cant like the same thing or would be very boring

x"

Exactly. When you read a negative review that also contains offensive language or smacks of (probably) unrealistic expectations not being met it has zero value to us in terms of decision making.

Negative (but realistic) feedback is one thing but emotional slagging off is a bit pointless really.

x

Exactly. When you read a negative review that also contains offensive language or smacks of (probably) unrealistic expectations not being met it has zero value to us in terms of decision making.

Negative (but realistic) feedback is one thing but emotional slagging off is a bit pointless really."

yep i have to agree here x

[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:37]

[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:18]

[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:47]

[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:08]

I think I know the review you are talking about and we were a little shocked about the negativity of it because of the great night we had. Although our review stated the same club as fabulous on that night we did state some negatives as we like to make a fair review and we were very grateful to the club in question sending us a courtesy email telling us that they are already have plans to change things.

I would say the review in question was just sour grapes and if you sit in the corner not chatting to anyone then it's not going to be a good night. We chatted to around 10 couples that night, we would of only considered playing with about 3 of those 10 but it was lovely to chat to people and a night is what you make it

x

Negative (but realistic) feedback is one thing but emotional slagging off is a bit pointless really.

yep i have to agree here x"

Agree with this too

[Removed by poster at 01/10/14 06:47:36]

"[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:08]"

Terrible stutter there jacqs

The 2 clubs we attend both seem to take negative feedback pretty well but often the regulars don't.

Chams and Xtasia work hard to give us the best experience possible with the space they have.

Negative feedback I guess is posetive and something can be done with it, but there is no answer to slating so it achieves nothing apart from making the Slater look silly.

I've seen a few bad reviews in amongst all the good ones too and have often wondered how when it seems such a good place, how one review can make it so bad.

I agree with all the above, I think it's down to personal opinions most of the time....however there was one time, a while back where owners were getting their friends to drum up custom by saying how good it was......don't know how true this is though.

Over the years since I've been on fabs, I've been to a handful of clubs (Angels, Chams and recently La Chambre to name a few) and never really had a bad night per se. I know it's cliche, but you really do get out what you put in....Oo-er that sounds rude.

If you dont plan on anything in particular happening, just go to chill and enjoy the night.....then it might surprise you

"[Removed by poster at 30/09/14 21:48:08]

Terrible stutter there jacqs "

least no water was involved lol

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I have found that the few negative reviews we have had have been down to sour grapes, our refusal to change a massive fundamental rule of the club for one person or they didn't get lucky on the night!

The latter was a review left because people wouldn't play with them...not our fault!! lol

Most of our reviews are positive and usually the sensible people amongst us will speak to me on the night if they have a qualm or will PM me to discuss privately to see if there is a possible resolution. It's much more adult! lol

When I look at club reviews, if there is swearing in it, I immediately disregard it....it doesn't deserve my attention. A calmly thought out review and constructive feedback warrants my time and I will take it much more seriously.

People ask me all the time at Townhouse about other clubs I would recommend. I must say that I have my favourites and there are some that I would never step foot in again! However, I say to everyone, just go an try it for yourself. What is good for me, maybe not be good for you. Make up your own mind and give the clubs a go....then come back to Townhouse!!!! hahahaha

Vicky xx

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Take the ice skating scoring approach - disregard the one best one and the one terrible one and then maybe you get a true picture. I do this with TripAdvisor reviews too.

"Take the ice skating scoring approach - disregard the one best one and the one terrible one and then maybe you get a true picture. I do this with TripAdvisor reviews too."

I tend to take this approach too.

the review I think you are referring to is written in such a way that it just reflects on the writer rather than the club. In my opinion.

x"

Everyone is different. For example, some people like busy clubs, some prefer them quieter with opportunity to chat. Both opinions are equally valid.

We read a few reviews to get a feel for the place but then we go and make our own minds up.

Some club reviews seem to be sour grapes or just whiny people. Some have negative feedback that is still constructive.

x

Everyone is different. For example, some people like busy clubs, some prefer them quieter with opportunity to chat. Both opinions are equally valid. "

I like both depends on mood

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

If somewhere has 20 differing good reviews and only 1 bad review id tend to think that was a case of sour grapes for one reason or another.

Ok so anyone like to confess leaving a bad review and then wishing they could take it back?

We havent left a bad one yet as we havent felt the need.

Mo might pop on trip advisor though the food and evening service in the prem inn was shocking on the weekend!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I review the club, not the night. If the club was dirty, I'll say so. If there's something needs fixing, or the staff were rude, I'll say so. I won't leave a bad review just because it was a bit quiet or the single men were a bit pushy - that's not the clubs fault.

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

agree

x

Everyone is different. For example, some people like busy clubs, some prefer them quieter with opportunity to chat. Both opinions are equally valid.

I like both depends on mood"

Me too.

"I think I know the review you are talking about and we were a little shocked about the negativity of it because of the great night we had. Although our review stated the same club as fabulous on that night we did state some negatives as we like to make a fair review and we were very grateful to the club in question sending us a courtesy email telling us that they are already have plans to change things.

I would say the review in question was just sour grapes and if you sit in the corner not chatting to anyone then it's not going to be a good night. We chatted to around 10 couples that night, we would of only considered playing with about 3 of those 10 but it was lovely to chat to people and a night is what you make it "

This applies to most clubs in our opinion xx

We leave reviews based on the club and not the people in the club. What could be a good club for one person may not be someone else's cup of tea.

» Add a new message to this topic