FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Support your local swingers club.

Support your local swingers club.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Partway through my epic tour of the UKs swinging clubs, I am having a blast. But I have noticed that they can be pretty quiet, and if its a large club that seems a shame.

Now this isn't a question for those of you who hate visiting clubs, or who can't go because you're secretly a famous person and can't possibly risk getting recognised. But for those of you who struggle to meet and who quite like the idea of visiting a club but haven't, why not?

Personally I believe they are an excellent way to meet like minded people in a safe and relaxed environment. Leaving aside the cost (which is nearly always less than a night out round town anyway), why wouldn't you support your local swingers club?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asperthedogCouple  over a year ago

midlands

fair comment

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

have to say it is one of the things that infuriates me when people ask "what club should I try for the first time" and people from all over the country suggest their favourite club.. regardless of the distance...

I think people should get behind supporting their local clubs more... because without it, they don't improve and the choice around the country becomes less and less......

"have to say it is one of the things that infuriates me when people ask "what club should I try for the first time" and people from all over the country suggest their favourite club.. regardless of the distance...

I think people should get behind supporting their local clubs more... because without it, they don't improve and the choice around the country becomes less and less......"

Although I am travelling to other clubs I do try and support one local club (well, as local as 30 miles can be). Unfortunately the other one is so remote that only car owners can get there, but most can be done using public transport.

I just think there are so many lovely clubs to go to, but when I visit they are nearly always half empty. And they don't know I am coming either so that's not the problem I have yet to see the 'single man train' so many people complain about as well.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We tried mingles last night it's our local club only opened this weekend and it is gorgeous, but I've got to say we thought about it very close to home and always worried about bumping into people from the vanilla world. I know the argument that they've got as much to hide as we have but not everyone is discreet

"We tried mingles last night it's our local club only opened this weekend and it is gorgeous, but I've got to say we thought about it very close to home and always worried about bumping into people from the vanilla world. I know the argument that they've got as much to hide as we have but not everyone is discreet "

That is a good point, and I've heard it said before. Its a shame we can't be 100% sure about others people's discretion.

Good to suppprt all clubs near or far in my books i share everythin includes wealth

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Okay, I'll play devil's advocate:

Why should I feel obligated to support my local swingers club? What ever happened to choice? The great thing about visiting different clubs is that I get a feel for what I like in each club, and I can make an informed decision (having weighed the pros and cons) about each club.

Put it this way: if I like a clean club, and of two choices the cleaner club is 50 miles away, but my local club (within say 20 miles) is no where near as clean, should "support your local club" still apply? Hell no. Its my money, my time, my choice... I'll go where I want, when I want and most especially.. why I want.

"Okay, I'll play devil's advocate:

Why should I feel obligated to support my local swingers club? What ever happened to choice? The great thing about visiting different clubs is that I get a feel for what I like in each club, and I can make an informed decision (having weighed the pros and cons) about each club.

Put it this way: if I like a clean club, and of two choices the cleaner club is 50 miles away, but my local club (within say 20 miles) is no where near as clean, should "support your local club" still apply? Hell no. Its my money, my time, my choice... I'll go where I want, when I want and most especially.. why I want."

Good point, and my question has arisen because I am visiting clubs that are NOT local to me. But my question is more for those people who are looking for local fun and who post on here saying they are unsuccessful at getting some.

Obviously if the local club is horrible then move to one less local (if you are lucky enough to have one). But I wonder how many clubs haven't even bothered to titivate themselves as they know they don't have a large clientele.

We live in Hampshire near Portsmouth, we have no choice but to travel nearest clubs to us are min 40 miles away.

Hampshire is a barren wasteland when it comes to clubs and swinging in general.

So when it comes to supporting our local club, well there is none.

Unless someone knows somewhere we don't?

So how many clubs have you visited wwoman?

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Partway through my epic tour of the UKs swinging clubs, I am having a blast. But I have noticed that they can be pretty quiet, and if its a large club that seems a shame.

Now this isn't a question for those of you who hate visiting clubs, or who can't go because you're secretly a famous person and can't possibly risk getting recognised. But for those of you who struggle to meet and who quite like the idea of visiting a club but haven't, why not?

Personally I believe they are an excellent way to meet like minded people in a safe and relaxed environment. Leaving aside the cost (which is nearly always less than a night out round town anyway), why wouldn't you support your local swingers club?"

To Northern Ireland's shame, we really don't have a single one!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Okay, I'll play devil's advocate:

Put it this way: if I like a clean club, and of two choices the cleaner club is 50 miles away, but my local club (within say 20 miles) is no where near as clean, should "support your local club" still apply? Hell no. Its my money, my time, my choice... I'll go where I want, when I want and most especially.. why I want."

fair point... but you have kind of also answered my point in the answer... at least you tried a local club and then found what is best for you.... local clubs that aren't good have the choice of getting better or withering away.. ad if people dont go back then owners have questions to answer...

the thing that pisses me off is the people who suggest clubs hundreds of miles away without knowing what the local club scene is like, and thats where guides like "sex and the city" help because they back up local knowledge....

"So how many clubs have you visited wwoman? "

About 15 so far, with 7 of those being this year.

Not sure my OP came across as intended. I am not saying that all of you who don't go to clubs must go now!! There are several factors against that, such as the nearer clubs being awful, or you've been and didn't like it, or they just don't exist! My OP refers to those people who haven't been to one, and who might like to go, and who post on the forums saying they struggle to get meets.

Most clubs are clean, well appointed, and friendly, and can get very quiet. So its a win/win if more people go. I am aware though that its not good for everyone, and not possible for other people.

I just think it's a bit difficult to support them when it costs so much to go in for single males

"I just think it's a bit difficult to support them when it costs so much to go in for single males "

I agree that some clubs charge single men so much they might as well be taking the piss, but others aren't so bad. I spent £60 on a night out round town once, and I bet most clubs cost less than that to get into.

"I just think it's a bit difficult to support them when it costs so much to go in for single males "

I agree with that. It's unfair, all business etc reasons aside.

We've visited clubs all over the country. Some not that great, some brilliant ones. One quite near to me and one quite near to him are current favorurites, so we will be supporting our 'local' clubs.

I have been on my own before but the last time I went I was made to feel like an outsider and very unwelcome, so I haven't been on my own since. (The staff were lovely- they weren't the issue.)

"I have been on my own before but the last time I went I was made to feel like an outsider and very unwelcome, so I haven't been on my own since. (The staff were lovely- they weren't the issue.)"

This is why I tend not to go on couples only nights. Its rare anyone wants to even chat to a single woman, let alone play. A clubbing pal comes in very handy.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I just think it's a bit difficult to support them when it costs so much to go in for single males

I agree that some clubs charge single men so much they might as well be taking the piss, but others aren't so bad. I spent £60 on a night out round town once, and I bet most clubs cost less than that to get into."

that one comes back to my pet peeve which is clubs that charge both admission and membership of a first visit.. because it make it ultra expensive for something you may or may not like..... and for people who go all over the country it makes it so much more expensive that I think it actually deters people from outside the locales from potentially visiting....

the suggestion I would make would be one night membership..... or charging more for people without membership than those who do... because at least you know the incentive is there if you like them

"I have been on my own before but the last time I went I was made to feel like an outsider and very unwelcome, so I haven't been on my own since. (The staff were lovely- they weren't the issue.)

This is why I tend not to go on couples only nights. Its rare anyone wants to even chat to a single woman, let alone play. A clubbing pal comes in very handy. "

It was a group of women, not couples. x

"I have been on my own before but the last time I went I was made to feel like an outsider and very unwelcome, so I haven't been on my own since. (The staff were lovely- they weren't the issue.)

This is why I tend not to go on couples only nights. Its rare anyone wants to even chat to a single woman, let alone play. A clubbing pal comes in very handy.

It was a group of women, not couples. x"

Even worse!

It was a group of women, not couples. x

Even worse! "

"I just think it's a bit difficult to support them when it costs so much to go in for single males

I agree that some clubs charge single men so much they might as well be taking the piss, but others aren't so bad. I spent £60 on a night out round town once, and I bet most clubs cost less than that to get into.

that one comes back to my pet peeve which is clubs that charge both admission and membership of a first visit.. because it make it ultra expensive for something you may or may not like..... and for people who go all over the country it makes it so much more expensive that I think it actually deters people from outside the locales from potentially visiting....

the suggestion I would make would be one night membership..... or charging more for people without membership than those who do... because at least you know the incentive is there if you like them"

The only good thing about the cost is that it helps to keep 'swinging tourists' out. It's clear that some guys (single guys and in couples) have no clue and just think it's a kind of brothel ...and that they just need to pick someone as everyone's gagging for it.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

We love clubs !!! Have been to a fair few, but there certainly are singles and couples on here who won't try a club at all.

When we point out how much safer it is to meet at a club instead of a hotel or house meet. They just come back with "it's not our thing". How do they know if they have never tried !!

J & S

" We love clubs !!! Have been to a fair few, but there certainly are singles and couples on here who won't try a club at all.

When we point out how much safer it is to meet at a club instead of a hotel or house meet. They just come back with "it's not our thing". How do they know if they have never tried !!

J & S"

I can understand people not wanting to go, as its not to everyone's taste. But a lot of the clubs do social evenings that enables people to visit without joining, with no obligation to play, and people who are thinking about it should consider going to one of those.

The problem we have that's if you can call it a problem is that we have 4 "local" clubs all around a 30 min drive

We have Chams , Xtasisa , Adventures and Atlantis , all good clubs so yes we are spoiled for choice but when there are so many clubs relatively close to each other they are all chasing the same customers and the summer months in our experience tend to be quieter so we find that makes a quieter club

Due to the prices clubs charge single guys and all the other crap we get. I just go where I feel I will have a good time.

Locally or in the Midland local clubs are 30 miles on A roads. Major ones are 60 miles on the motorway so no time difference.

Like any business I want good service and value for my money.

"The problem we have that's if you can call it a problem is that we have 4 "local" clubs all around a 30 min drive

We have Chams , Xtasisa , Adventures and Atlantis , all good clubs so yes we are spoiled for choice but when there are so many clubs relatively close to each other they are all chasing the same customers and the summer months in our experience tend to be quieter so we find that makes a quieter club "

Lucky buggers

There's three in the whole of Yorkshire. There's more in the Manchester area than that!

"have to say it is one of the things that infuriates me when people ask "what club should I try for the first time" and people from all over the country suggest their favourite club.. regardless of the distance...

I think people should get behind supporting their local clubs more... because without it, they don't improve and the choice around the country becomes less and less......

Although I am travelling to other clubs I do try and support one local club (well, as local as 30 miles can be). Unfortunately the other one is so remote that only car owners can get there, but most can be done using public transport.

I just think there are so many lovely clubs to go to, but when I visit they are nearly always half empty. And they don't know I am coming either so that's not the problem I have yet to see the 'single man train' so many people complain about as well."

i have 2 local to me im a lucky girl

chams and xtasisa and i have to say yes i like chams but xtasisa wins for me every time

i have experienced less pushy men there and chams and less nastiness at xtasisa when you say no

when chams stops letting the pushy single men in who make it unpleasant for ladies i might go again

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

I used to be a regular at my local club a few years ago, but due to work and them changing the day of the week singles are allowed in to a friday, i haven't been much in the last 18 months or so.

I did make an effort late last year but the night i went it was pretty quiet and they were letting in groups of single guys(who didn't know how to behave) and i sort of lost all enthusiasm in trying to convince the couples there that night that not all single guys are like the ones following them around all night, making crude comments and trying to force open locked doors.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"

"

This

Some sort of affiliate scheme where membership of a scheme club gave you access to to other clubs in the scheme would increase the numbers at all of them I reckon. Of course the less well run clubs would suffer which is why I can't see it ever happening.

It's the same attitude that websites have where any mention of another swinging website is deleted instantly.

Come on guys, have some confidence in your product.

I must have attended the wrong clubs... Although I have seen the men following people round; they have always been respectful... only once have I thought that someone overstepped the mark and that was defiantly down to alcohol.. Once he was firmly told to bugger off, we had no further problems from him.. Other then the party nights, I find a lack of single men in most clubs due to the house rules of limiting them in

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I need a club buddy to try out more clubs. I do support my local ones but I find that unless I arrange to meet someone there or go with someone even gregarious me is treated like a leper.

I prefer to meet at a club as I feel safer.

"I need a club buddy to try out more clubs. I do support my local ones but I find that unless I arrange to meet someone there or go with someone even gregarious me is treated like a leper.

"

Its nice to have a club buddy, and she's very tolerant of me.

We visit clubs all over, we do support out local clubs but also like variety, although weve made more friends at chams than anywhere else to be honest

"Partway through my epic tour of the UKs swinging clubs"

I have two local clubs to me but don't really visit them much as I prefer the larger ones further afield. I did a tour like yourself over a few weeks. Loved it! Have you tried bi kink club in london? Was my favourite!

There's two local clubs near me and I enjoy them both for different reasons. When I do go, I go with my fb, but there are times when he's working and even though I've been to both, I'm still not brave enough to go on my own.

Perhaps there should be some way of networking with other single women who'd like to go so we could pal up?

"We live in Hampshire near Portsmouth, we have no choice but to travel nearest clubs to us are min 40 miles away.

So how many clubs have you visited wwoman? "

plus can't go (not won't go) alone as very nervous

"i have 2 local to me im a lucky girl

chams and xtasisa and i have to say yes i like chams but xtasisa wins for me every time

i have experienced less pushy men there and chams and less nastiness at xtasisa when you say no

when chams stops letting the pushy single men in who make it unpleasant for ladies i might go again "

We went to Chams and there were loads of guys in. They were all very polite and friendly, we had no problems at all. Must depend on the people there that night.

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

As a single guy with 3 reasonably local clubs, I feel quite lucky. One of them I visit every week, another about once a month and the other, although I am a member, through choice, I've not been to for over a year.

I've been to quite a few others in the past but, because you have to have annual membership, it makes it very expensive if you want to go just for the odd occasion. It's a pity that something like a 'FAB swingers' visitors pass does't exist, so especially single guys, could gain entry to these 'membership' clubs on the odd occasion.

As far as attendance is concerned, the two clubs I visit regularly usually get good attendance but as we all know, it can change from night to night. Very few visitors go as often as me. In fact on most nights there is almost a completely different group of people compared to the previous time. It's almost impossible for club owners to tell how many visitors are going to turn up unless it's an evening where you have to pre-book.

OP which clubs have you visited in thus trip? X

"OP which clubs have you visited in thus trip? X"

So far this year I have done Cupids, No 3, Xtasia, Jaydees, Isis Quest, Rios, and Club F. Last year was Bizarre Events, Tease 2, Partners and Chameleons. Year before was La Chambre, Liaisons and Youtopia. Got a few more to get through though. It would help if they didn't keep closing down or going to couples only.

For us, the big problem we have is that our "local" swinging club is about 100 miles away from home . It's only when we are away and stop over in hotels that we have one on the doorstep.

"For us, the big problem we have is that our "local" swinging club is about 100 miles away from home . It's only when we are away and stop over in hotels that we have one on the doorstep. "

Yes, that can be a pain. If it wasn't for me club buddy I wouldn't have had the chance to get to so many clubs. But at least you are visiting them on your travels.

"i have 2 local to me im a lucky girl

when chams stops letting the pushy single men in who make it unpleasant for ladies i might go again "

See this is weird, I've been to Chams for years and love it everytime (play or otherwise irrelevant), if anything I have witnessed the odd male half of couples demonstrate questionable behaviour (but then again, I have witnessed similar at various other clubs). However a number of people I have spoken to regarding Xtasia have not had as favourable reports, I admit my own experience of the venue is required for a balanced opinion.

"OP which clubs have you visited in thus trip? X

So far this year I have done Cupids, No 3, Xtasia, Jaydees, Isis Quest, Rios, and Club F. Last year was Bizarre Events, Tease 2, Partners and Chameleons. Year before was La Chambre, Liaisons and Youtopia. Got a few more to get through though. It would help if they didn't keep closing down or going to couples only. "

What did you think of bizarre events? Went to bi kink club. Best club night I've ever been too!!

So far this year I have done Cupids, No 3, Xtasia, Jaydees, Isis Quest, Rios, and Club F. Last year was Bizarre Events, Tease 2, Partners and Chameleons. Year before was La Chambre, Liaisons and Youtopia. Got a few more to get through though. It would help if they didn't keep closing down or going to couples only.

What did you think of bizarre events? Went to bi kink club. Best club night I've ever been too!!"

Ditto. Was telling my club buddy about it because I know she'd love it, but its a long way to go, and wasn't cheap!

What did you think of bizarre events? Went to bi kink club. Best club night I've ever been too!!

Ditto. Was telling my club buddy about it because I know she'd love it, but its a long way to go, and wasn't cheap!"

I know! 80 or so if I remember but discount for fab members x

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I need a club buddy to try out more clubs. I do support my local ones but I find that unless I arrange to meet someone there or go with someone even gregarious me is treated like a leper.

Its nice to have a club buddy, and she's very tolerant of me. "

**changes name to TolerantCaz

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

So far this year I have done Cupids, No 3, Xtasia, Jaydees, Isis Quest, Rios, and Club F. Last year was Bizarre Events, Tease 2, Partners and Chameleons. Year before was La Chambre, Liaisons and Youtopia. Got a few more to get through though. It would help if they didn't keep closing down or going to couples only. "

You missed out The Unit

You missed out The Unit "

And Infusions! That's 9 this year!

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 04/08/14 00:41:56]

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

What an odd idea reward convenience over excellence ?:p

We have Arousals around 30 mins away but between the terrible website and pretty poor reviews from people we trust (and club section) we have no desire to go there instead choosing more costly nights further afield.

I'm a big believer in places doing well because they are good not just "because" there are already a huge glut of poor to middling clubs the last thing we need is to just pat them on the backs and tell them they are doing fine (when they aren't!)

"What an odd idea reward convenience over excellence ?:p

We have Arousals around 30 mins away but between the terrible website and pretty poor reviews from people we trust (and club section) we have no desire to go there instead choosing more costly nights further afield.

I'm a big believer in places doing well because they are good not just "because" there are already a huge glut of poor to middling clubs the last thing we need is to just pat them on the backs and tell them they are doing fine (when they aren't!)

"

My thinking exactly! Except in my case the clubs further afield are cheaper

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

We travel a lot and visit a lot of clubs, we look out for clubs doing offers or no membership as we feel that because we never know where we will be one week to the next it would be too expensive to pay for membership to so many clubs. We have a lot of sympathy for single guys on this one. We go on mixed nights and in 10 years have only ever had 1 problem but it was sorted quickly. It is a catch 22 really if a club runs mixed nights but charges guys too much they will not go, if couples go who want single guys but there are not many then the couples will stop going and so it continues. There are clubs that do have lots of guys but for us it is more about quality than quantity.

Going back to the local theme there are 3 clubs less than an hours drive 1 of them we used to go to a lot but it has changed and has a much older clientel now. The other 2 are ok but we prefer to travel to Manchester or Birmingham where we like the clubs more. There are a few new clubs that have opend recently and we keep thinking of going but unfortunatly new clubs are usually quiet.

Ok, new spin: would you support your local swinger ( within 5 miles) as a plus he accommodates rather than your favourite play mate who happened to live 100 miles away ?

It is a catch 22. If people won't patronise their local club because its pants it will never improve because there's no point in doing so because no-one goes because they won't improve. And so on.

To be honest, the title might as well have said 'support any swingers club' because they do tend to be quiet apart from when there is a special event, and I see a lot of posts saying 'visiting so and so, where's good to play?' I mean, in Blackpool you are extremely spoilt for choice as all three clubs there have a good reputation. Just don't come to York for a swinging holiday

By *ongton loversCouple  over a year ago

stokeontrent

Love this thread, yes we are support our local club, but at the same time we like to try as many clubs as we can, our bug bear as well stated by others is an annual membership when you're sure it's a one off visit. Keep up the good work WW x

its a big sexy world out there and it is stil tangerbl to adventure and swing to Other clubs and support your chosen local funclub ...

"

I have agreed on a number of occassions to meet people and take them around the club,chat to people and help them feel relaxed about.

I just think that would have helped me when i first went

We don't have anything particularly local, but have about 7 within just over am hours drive away one of which we have still to try, 3 of which we wouldn't darken their door again ever...*shudder* and 3 that we will support because they provide what we want...The 3 we won't go to seem uninterested in investing in their environments at all to make it a more pleasant experience and we won't waste our time or money going there in the hope that our patronage will improve things

I have agreed on a number of occassions to meet people and take them around the club,chat to people and help them feel relaxed about.

I just think that would have helped me when i first went"

Meeting someone in the club to show you round is great but you need to clearly identify what your expectations are before hand... I have been with a few that believed they owned me while I was with them at the club and didn't like me being a greedy girl... A club buddy is great proving you both work well together in the clubs... You can not always guarantee that with someone you meet on the night

our nearest club has a bar with prices that make london cheap for drinks lol let alone small social area and not enough play space on busy nights so have to go a little further afield

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

My prefered night of the week to go out is saturday night, but unfortunately most clubs are couples and single ladies only on saturday nights.

I sometimes visit clubs on fridays but my own personal preference is always a saturday. Just wish some clubs would mix the nights up a bit and have some fridays as couples only and have saturday night as a mixed night for guys who prefer to go out on a saturday.

"My prefered night of the week to go out is saturday night, but unfortunately most clubs are couples and single ladies only on saturday nights.

I sometimes visit clubs on fridays but my own personal preference is always a saturday. Just wish some clubs would mix the nights up a bit and have some fridays as couples only and have saturday night as a mixed night for guys who prefer to go out on a saturday."

Agreed.. Us greedy girls wish they would too... A club full of couples and ladies are no good for us when we are after cock

We are quite spoilt where we have 6 clubs within little more than an hours drive from us. We only support 2 of them on a regular basis. Of the others 1 we rarely attend as their online presence puts us off, another we have tried on a night and thought it was awful but will happily go during the day. The other 2, 1 we've tried and were indifferent and the other had many bad reviews last year and is too expensive to take a gamble on.

I have been to Partners and rated it and we bothe enjoyed Xtasis - if they were more local we'd go more often but we'd rather have more local nights than spend more time and money travelling. Clubs are our preferred way of meeting but if we didn;t have decent loal ones we'd look at how we meet before we'd look at travelling further

"My prefered night of the week to go out is saturday night, but unfortunately most clubs are couples and single ladies only on saturday nights.

I sometimes visit clubs on fridays but my own personal preference is always a saturday. Just wish some clubs would mix the nights up a bit and have some fridays as couples only and have saturday night as a mixed night for guys who prefer to go out on a saturday."

Agree totally, we prefer couples only nights (nothing against single men but we go clubbing to meet couples) and it seems daft that almost all clubs focus these nights on a Saturday night

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What an odd idea reward convenience over excellence ?:p

"

the bad clubs with die anyway... funny thing, is that word of mouth tends to be a more powerful implement then a hundred piss poor reviews....

my gripe always "oh yeah choose the club 100 miles away, rather than choose somewhere I bit more local... oh by the way I have never been to any of the clubs in that region!!!"

for me it is more a case of letting the locals give the advice... they will know what the local clubs are like, and if they are crap people here are not short in telling people....

the is an old adage which has been updated in modern times...

"if you want to know which is the best chinese restaurant in any chinatown to eat in.... watch the one the chinese people actually go in to!!"

all i am asking for is the local knowledge to be given a bit of credance... and heck if they are good... they will be successful and grown!!

I sometimes visit clubs on fridays but my own personal preference is always a saturday. Just wish some clubs would mix the nights up a bit and have some fridays as couples only and have saturday night as a mixed night for guys who prefer to go out on a saturday.

Agreed.. Us greedy girls wish they would too... A club full of couples and ladies are no good for us when we are after cock "

Same for us ..... Much prefer mixed nights , and our local club closes it's doors this weekend

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

We prefer couples only nights.... mixed nights with single guys following you around everywhere like lost little sheep? Not for us, thanks. Might be better if single guys were restricted to give a good mix of singles and couples... but we've been to clubs on a mixed night where there's been maybe 10 or 12 couples and over 50 single guys..

"We prefer couples only nights.... mixed nights with single guys following you around everywhere like lost little sheep? Not for us, thanks. Might be better if single guys were restricted to give a good mix of singles and couples... but we've been to clubs on a mixed night where there's been maybe 10 or 12 couples and over 50 single guys.."

Sounds perfect to us !

By *anyoufeelmeMan  over a year ago

near you

the closest one to me is a SHIT hole and wouldn't been seen dead in there ...

sorry for the negativity but the place should come with a health warning

Cannock

"We prefer couples only nights.... mixed nights with single guys following you around everywhere like lost little sheep? Not for us, thanks. Might be better if single guys were restricted to give a good mix of singles and couples... but we've been to clubs on a mixed night where there's been maybe 10 or 12 couples and over 50 single guys.."

Don't you think single guys are restricted enough as it is???

Most clubs have couples only rooms as it is.

If you experience problems with single guys then report it to the club, let a member of staff deal with it. If you are so against single guys best solution would be for you to stick to couples only nights?

I just don't think its fair that most clubs seem to pick saturdays for couples and single females only, it would keep things fresh and maybe less competition between clubs if they changed mixed and couples nights around a bit from fridays to saturdays?

One saturday a month where single guys were allowed would seem like a fair compromise, and on that weekend have the couples only night on the friday instead.

Travelling to Newcastle and would like to go to a club 15/16 August as we dont have any in Northern Ireland.. can meet up for drinks

In a nice central hotel first where I'm staying. Only interested in ladies or maybe couples if we hit it off!!

By *aster of a mindCouple  over a year ago

York

I always laugh at people saying they have to drive 30 miles to a club/meet....we have to drive that to our nearest Tesco....lol so for us meets are normally a minimum of an hours drive.

When we go to a club we want to be assured we are not the only ones there, so we go to Darleston as it's always packed. Our nearest club is Newport but that's only open Fridays, can be very quiet and needs updating. House parties are the way forward in deepest darkest Wales

[Removed by poster at 06/08/14 01:51:58]

If I had a local club I would support it, if it were good.however my nearest is hour and half drive definitely worth the journey and my support

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

the suggestion I would make would be one night membership..... or charging more for people without membership than those who do... because at least you know the incentive is there if you like them

The only good thing about the cost is that it helps to keep 'swinging tourists' out. It's clear that some guys (single guys and in couples) have no clue and just think it's a kind of brothel ...and that they just need to pick someone as everyone's gagging for it. "

Not sure about the 'brothel idea' as I would of thought to find out in the first place that there's a Swingers club where you are or where you're going to be you would in most likely hood be a visitor to a site such as Fab.

Surly you're unlikely to just end up walking into a venue without some sort of prior knowledge of what it's about?

I've only used 3 local clubs and they're equidistant from me and I new what to expect, there is a 4th which I do consider to be a 'knocking shop' as the ladies present are paid to be there.

My view of what swingers clubs are is that they are simply a venue that you pay to enter, it has facilities that you and other like minded people want to use, perhaps offering refreshments and if you are lucky you'll meet other people who wish/choose to engage in mutually satisfying extra coricular activities with you (nothing is ever gtee'd). For me booze shouldn't be available either..

Sadly my right lower leg and foot has a fixator on it so non weight bearing and will have for several months so I won't be playing let alone driving/traveling to any venues

For us its nothing to do with cost.

We have visited 2 local clubs and each time bumped into people we knew.

I know we are all there for the same reason but not everyone is discreet.

Due to jobs and a young family we just don't want to take that risk.

That's the reason we tend to travel further afield...

Derby

"We prefer couples only nights.... mixed nights with single guys following you around everywhere like lost little sheep? Not for us, thanks. Might be better if single guys were restricted to give a good mix of singles and couples... but we've been to clubs on a mixed night where there's been maybe 10 or 12 couples and over 50 single guys..

If you experience problems with single guys then report it to the club, let a member of staff deal with it. If you are so against single guys best solution would be for you to stick to couples only nights?

I just don't think its fair that most clubs seem to pick saturdays for couples and single females only, it would keep things fresh and maybe less competition between clubs if they changed mixed and couples nights around a bit from fridays to saturdays?

One saturday a month where single guys were allowed would seem like a fair compromise, and on that weekend have the couples only night on the friday instead. "

We do stick to couples only clubs...we said that in our post..

Some info for you...

The Attic, New Paradise, Chameleons, Cupids, Townhouse, Gatehouse, Adam and Eves, Partners, No 3..... there's 9 clubs that allow single guys in on a Saturday night, and most, if not all, of these on a Friday night as well.... and they're all within driving distance of Cannock...

So you could go to a different club every Saturday for 2 months and not have been to the same club twice!

typical

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

Visited most of the clubs in the northwest and been back for repeat visits. It all depends on what I am after on the night to what club I go to.

Love the freedom of doing what I want with who I want x

I agree that some clubs charge single men so much they might as well be taking the piss, but others aren't so bad. I spent £60 on a night out round town once, and I bet most clubs cost less than that to get into."

I turned up at a club one night, complete spontaneity I wasn't a member or have ever visited before and they where asking 75 quid on the door, of course I made my apologises explaining I felt that was to expensive & left, but to vist a new club weekly or monthly for a single bloke is to expensive so unfortunately I don't get to visit new clubs as often as I would like

Cannock

"We prefer couples only nights.... mixed nights with single guys following you around everywhere like lost little sheep? Not for us, thanks. Might be better if single guys were restricted to give a good mix of singles and couples... but we've been to clubs on a mixed night where there's been maybe 10 or 12 couples and over 50 single guys..

One saturday a month where single guys were allowed would seem like a fair compromise, and on that weekend have the couples only night on the friday instead.

Some info for you...

The Attic, New Paradise, Chameleons, Cupids, Townhouse, Gatehouse, Adam and Eves, Partners, No 3..... there's 9 clubs that allow single guys in on a Saturday night, and most, if not all, of these on a Friday night as well.... and they're all within driving distance of Cannock...

So you could go to a different club every Saturday for 2 months and not have been to the same club twice!"

Not been to those clubs and i thought chameleons was couples and single females only on saturdays? Even if they do allow single guys i have heard there is a long waiting list for single guys to become members?

Won't be able to get in without a membership.

I have visited two clubs recently that allow single guys on saturday night, Jaydees near Bedford and The Unit in Blackpool, but too far away to visit regular for me.

There are no local clubs here where I am lol .

Some info for you...

So you could go to a different club every Saturday for 2 months and not have been to the same club twice!

Not been to those clubs and i thought chameleons was couples and single females only on saturdays? Even if they do allow single guys i have heard there is a long waiting list for single guys to become members?

Won't be able to get in without a membership.

I have visited two clubs recently that allow single guys on saturday night, Jaydees near Bedford and The Unit in Blackpool, but too far away to visit regular for me."

Saturday night at chamelons is couples night not a mixed night

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

"Partway through my epic tour of the UKs swinging clubs, I am having a blast. But I have noticed that they can be pretty quiet, and if its a large club that seems a shame.

Personally I believe they are an excellent way to meet like minded people in a safe and relaxed environment. Leaving aside the cost (which is nearly always less than a night out round town anyway), why wouldn't you support your local swingers club?

To Northern Ireland's shame, we really don't have a single one!! "

Omg, thats bloody dire.

"We live in Hampshire near Portsmouth, we have no choice but to travel nearest clubs to us are min 40 miles away.

So how many clubs have you visited wwoman? "

same for us 2clubs one 40 the other 50 miles we use the furthest as its well worth the extra 10 miles and it suits us perfectly

Derby

My apologies.... not 9 clubs, 8 clubs.... still a different one every week for two months. When I was swinging as a single, I never had a problem finding a club to go to, either on a Friday or Saturday, and didn't think it cost any more than a night out... after all, it is a night out, isn't it? I accepted that it costs more as a single guy than it does as a couple.

Even then, though, I felt that clubs should have balanced the mix between singles and couples, ie restricting the numbers of singles allowed in for any given number of couples.

Was very tempted to go to a club tonight but then found out the party was £35 to attend for single men yet they were advertising they needed more men if the price was evened out at the same for everyone I would of been there right now

"Was very tempted to go to a club tonight but then found out the party was £35 to attend for single men yet they were advertising they needed more men if the price was evened out at the same for everyone I would of been there right now "

I (personally) think the maximum a single guy should get charged is £40. I haven't got any stats to prove that, but form my experience, factor transportation to and from the venue, anything over £40 feels like taking the biscuit.

"Was very tempted to go to a club tonight but then found out the party was £35 to attend for single men yet they were advertising they needed more men if the price was evened out at the same for everyone I would of been there right now "

You would have missed a good party.. Marcus always throws a good one... And to be honest... At one of his it's always guaranteed, there are always so many greedy girls that go.. I know you shouldn't go to a club expecting it but on a greedy girls event like that.. You will see some action.. Not bad for £35 .. I think it is worth it... They throw a great party and much cheaper then a brothel

I try and go to my local one at least once a month but I don't drive so can be tricky

» Add a new message to this topic