FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > What is behind issues with Stoke clubs?

What is behind issues with Stoke clubs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eo4Sweetcheeks OP   Couple  over a year ago

Great Barr

What has caused so much animosity between the two clubs in Stoke, Adventures and Atlantis....I find it very bizarre?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You get with a lot of clubs with a local rivalry, it can be quite off putting

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

There are a lot of sides to the story and a lot of boring non drama behind it, we were privvy to it when we lived in the area and to say its pretty boring is an understatement.

The issue is some members of both clubs have taken it upon themselves to crusade against anyone who dares go to or enjoy the club they are not at and to be quite frank its pathetic.

This seems to be quite badly exasperated by some cliques that have formed on both sides.

Both clubs are decent (as clubs) the only negative is the people and the constant drama to be quite honest we would like to attend the clubs again but with all the posts and reviews and the mindset on display now we will give them a miss :/

"You get with a lot of clubs with a local rivalry, it can be quite off putting "

It tends to make you not want to visit either if people who attend are so antagonistic.

By *ohnnjaneCouple  over a year ago

staffs/cheshire border

Don't tar both clubs with the same brush, read the posts and decide where the antagonistic views are coming from, we enjoy this lifestyle and love, in the main, the people in it, however I would like to ask people to try and get along and not help fuel one particular couples fire xx

"Don't tar both clubs with the same brush, read the posts and decide where the antagonistic views are coming from, we enjoy this lifestyle and love, in the main, the people in it, however I would like to ask people to try and get along and not help fuel one particular couples fire xx

"

It takes 2 to argue and if people like that go to both it makes you think its best to avoid both. After all its the people you go to meet not really the walls of the club.

staffs/cheshire border

[Removed by poster at 12/05/14 15:07:57]

staffs/cheshire border

Precisely my view xx

Bristol

"Don't tar both clubs with the same brush, read the posts and decide where the antagonistic views are coming from, we enjoy this lifestyle and love, in the main, the people in it, however I would like to ask people to try and get along and not help fuel one particular couples fire xx

"

I'm sorry there are just as many people on both sides of this at fault.

Now it happens across the site and is not just contained to the forums so its always wise to take an overall view of it.

For instance the review section is pretty much unusable for either club, if anyone dares to leave a negative they are hounded and then all you get is people leaving weekly reviews which instead of being club reviews are just telling us how XXX is the best club in Stoke without doubt because of fantastic night (yet again) they had.

Now it happens across the site and is not just contained to the forums so its always wise to take an overall view of it.

For instance the review section is pretty much unusable for either club, if anyone dares to leave a negative they are hounded and then all you get is people leaving weekly reviews which instead of being club reviews are just telling us how XXX is the best club in Stoke without doubt because of fantastic night (yet again) they had.

"

Don't even bother to read them now for any clubs, been to enough clubs now, most reviews are left by either regular patrons or staff

Bristol

"

Don't even bother to read them now for any clubs, been to enough clubs now, most reviews are left by either regular patrons or staff"

It is a shame that there is not more rigorous controls on the review section. Its something we have suggested in the past at length but I think its one of those where the "technology" isnt there yet.

I find constant cheerleading reviews almost pointless, we always put an effort in leaving an actual review when we go to a club but far too many people use it as a sounding board to extol the virtues of the club they go to twice a week every week.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

London and Cheshire

Good way to stop people just putting more and more reviews on, is to only allow one review from each FAB member, so if you put another one on the one before just drops off and the number of reviews does not increase

Those of us who live in this part of the world are lucky to have access to quite a few clubs. Swinging is fun so why do people try ruining the fun by causing all this trouble chameleons has suvived as Nick runs it properly and the people who use the club dint run it

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

We personally find the regular cheerleading reviewers on the club section a good way of finding the local clicky weirdos to add to our block list.

The recent threads regarding said establishments have at least shown us who to avoid

Something like this similar happened to a club/party organiser in the Southampton area.

The party organiser complained and stirred shit about the club and vice versa.

It became more public and then the local newspaper got involved and then the council closed them both down and neither won

Now there is nowhere to go... its called a loose, loose, loose situation!!

Lets all play in peace eh

By *limandslenderCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

[Removed by poster at 12/05/14 18:07:27]

By *limandslenderCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

To be honest, I go to both and I'm a regular at one of them. There is no animosity on the nights and they are always a great night. Think people get bored in the week waiting for them to open......

I wouldn't look to much into the reviews personally, I think people should only be allowed to leave 1 a month as it paints a false picture.

The only time there is really an issue is when someone put on a forum which one to go to, as all the regulars jump on. But, you should try them they are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 12/05/14 22:07:29]

By *athylacyTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

This thread puts me off going to any club in Stafford...

I agree with several of the posters - club reviews should be genuine but we all know that fans of various clubs keep posting repetitive (and boring) repeat claims that theirs is the best.

Can I call for 'honesty'

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Clubs in thread are in Stoke. If anyone can open a club in Stafford that would be dreamy

It's the same in the club discussion forum, the same people associated with the club by proxy promoting the clubs the section has become a waste of time

"It's the same in the club discussion forum, the same people associated with the club by proxy promoting the clubs the section has become a waste of time "

Totally agree. I think many of the posts in that section are counter productive to promoting a club

It puts us off, it's a shame and as you say counter productive

We wont go near either of those in Stoke but it is no better with the 'regulars' in Derby either.

This site is more use in 'what to avoid'

Those same people going on and on about certain clubs on here are the ones we avoid in real life

Leave them too it, we do.

Whilst they are online trying to lure people to clubs, we are out enjoying life

We don't get involved in any of the 'they said, they did' rubbish.

We enjoy both clubs, we also get on with both groups of people.

Don't let it put you off, try them for yourselves.

By *andC2013Couple  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Lots of people's Opinion's on here but important to remember the definition of an opinion - an Opinion is a judgement not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Anyone who has taken the time to visit both clubs will have a better understanding of the positives and negatives of both clubs.

Swinging is for adults ! Childish comments about either club is for idiots!

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Don't even bother to read them now for any clubs, been to enough clubs now, most reviews are left by either regular patrons or staff"

By *ouncy BettyCouple  over a year ago

London

we prefer to make our own judgement on a club.. we've found there's cliques in every club and petty little people politics are in abundance.. but if you become a "regular" that's what you're in for.. we've always wanted to try the clubs in Stoke, as some couples we've spoken to say they're good fun.. so, we will try them out and reserve our judgement..

"we prefer to make our own judgement on a club.. we've found there's cliques in every club and petty little people politics are in abundance.. but if you become a "regular" that's what you're in for.. we've always wanted to try the clubs in Stoke, as some couples we've spoken to say they're good fun.. so, we will try them out and reserve our judgement.."

We have visited both clubs. Both are great for a sexy night out. There are a few hardcore fans of both, but to be honest its never caused an issue as most people who go are like us; friendly and clever enough to make their own decisions

a night out is what you make it, we've always found friendly swingers at both venues

Who ever started this just leave the polictics at home! Let people judge for themselves! But I'll say this if u shop at asda doesn't mean u can't shop at morrisons too...say no more!

» Add a new message to this topic