FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > people that like kestrels

people that like kestrels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If a single guy wants to attend why so much i understand there are wierd among us but it alienates the nice ones.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm more of a Tennent's man, myself.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

think their prices have taken a jump across the board..

not just single guys..

Call ne naieve but I thoghtit was. A bird. I assume its a club

Why is it that many clubs charge Single Guys five or six times the entrance fee of a single woman?

I mean seriously, what exactly is the justification?

Basic economics.

"Why is it that many clubs charge Single Guys five or six times the entrance fee of a single woman?

I mean seriously, what exactly is the justification? "

it's to filter out so many guys from going - to not make it a cock fest.

not rocket science - single men will pay so much to enter a club for the "potential" to have sex, single girls and couples wont.

in Lancashire

"Why is it that many clubs charge Single Guys five or six times the entrance fee of a single woman?

I mean seriously, what exactly is the justification? "

greed..

they can control the market which is readily available in any case so no other answer for me..

knew of one 'club' which we attended where the single guys were happy to pay £70..

now if some guys are ok doing that, then some clubs (and some cpls hosting parties who stipulate contributions etc)will happily exploit that..

twas ever thus..

my mother drinks this

as its a low alcohol count in it

I mean seriously, what exactly is the justification?

it's to filter out so many guys from going - to not make it a cock fest.

not rocket science - single men will pay so much to enter a club for the "potential" to have sex, single girls and couples wont."

So, essentially, then, the notion is here that the clubs are trying to turn a profit off the back of the perception of the 'desperate single guy' - one of the very things that many in the swinging scene abhor.

You don't think that, also, this creates in some, the notion of a sense of entitlement? That they have paid five or six times that of a woman to get in the club, and they become angry, disillusioned and feel entitled to get some action?

well even me as a single guy can see that if you keep prices low for single guys that the club would be flooded with them so put the price high so only a select few will go .. i certainly wouldnt want to go to find loads of blokes there and not enough women to go round

"well even me as a single guy can see that if you keep prices low for single guys that the club would be flooded with them so put the price high so only a select few will go .. i certainly wouldnt want to go to find loads of blokes there and not enough women to go round "

But the notion of quality is not dictated by price though. You can still have a club full of angry, pushy, desperate guys who pay £35 to get in.

Could the clubs not just limit the amount of single men that enter instead

in Lancashire

"Could the clubs not just limit the amount of single men that enter instead "

they could..

but then wouldn't make so much off them..

not really any different to the airlines/holiday companies trebling their prices at certain times..

supply and demand..

"well even me as a single guy can see that if you keep prices low for single guys that the club would be flooded with them so put the price high so only a select few will go .. i certainly wouldnt want to go to find loads of blokes there and not enough women to go

round "

just because woman are there it does not mean they are there to ensure all the guys get their end away.

"well even me as a single guy can see that if you keep prices low for single guys that the club would be flooded with them so put the price high so only a select few will go .. i certainly wouldnt want to go to find loads of blokes there and not enough women to go

round

just because woman are there it does not mean they are there to ensure all the guys get their end away. "

Exactly! But the danger is though, that you create the idea of entitlement based on the fact that the guy has paid £35 to get into somewhere where he's having no fun but everyone else thats paid half or even one fifth of his entry fee are having all of the fun and he is excluded.

Just because you have a high entry fee, it doesn't have any guarantee of quality, either!

"Could the clubs not just limit the amount of single men that enter instead

they could..

not really any different to the airlines/holiday companies trebling their prices at certain times..

supply and demand.."

At the end of the day a swingers club is a club which is a business the owners may do it because they love the lifestyle but they still have to earn a living

in Lancashire

round

just because woman are there it does not mean they are there to ensure all the guys get their end away.

Exactly! But the danger is though, that you create the idea of entitlement based on the fact that the guy has paid £35 to get into somewhere where he's having no fun but everyone else thats paid half or even one fifth of his entry fee are having all of the fun and he is excluded.

Just because you have a high entry fee, it doesn't have any guarantee of quality, either!

"

think Prof is spot on, some guys having paid £xx will feel that they are entitled to sex..

which is not what this aspect is about for us and many others we suspect...

clearly costs need to be covered etc with a venue..

you can see the 'sense of entitlement' with some folk on here in any case..

round

"

Thats why i don't frequent clubs much, much prefer to meet people for drinks and see them clothed than just naked or as near to. And like you say standards are not guaranteed by price levels.

Have been to a few clubs over the years and find very few couples or females there that I would want to have sex with in them, alot are not attractive and those that are have swarms of guys hanging round them or are just there to meet couples etc. And I only go with those have swung with before and accompany them too nights, and if we meet others we are attracted too then fine if not can just have sex together.

The market forces argument is a valid one as there are parties that are advertised daily on here in the northwest that charge alot of money for single guys to attend.

They are purely for profit and nothing more than that and like clubs the owners need to make a living. Guys will pay for sex as will women and couples, the market dictates the price!!

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

they could..

supply and demand..

At the end of the day a swingers club is a club which is a business the owners may do it because they love the lifestyle but they still have to earn a living "

As an example, the last night we had a club

Numbers attending

single men @ £40 = 40 = £1600

couples @ £30 = 12 = £360

single fem @ £10 = 1 = £10

Total income for night £1970 from 65 people

On equal pricing basis that would be approx £30 per person. A small reduction for each single male and a Doubling for each couple.

So I would expect this policy to produce a club full of single disappointed men vieing for the attention of the couple of female half of couples there. No single females.

Interestingly the same club is Couples and single fems only on a Saturday night when they charge £50 and £10 respectively.

round

think Prof is spot on, some guys having paid £xx will feel that they are entitled to sex..

which is not what this aspect is about for us and many others we suspect...

clearly costs need to be covered etc with a venue..

you can see the 'sense of entitlement' with some folk on here in any case.."

its true the sense of entitlement from guys and some single women and couples always amazes me on here and other sites, yes you have paid to enter, but if you paid to watch a film that was bad would you gripe to all and sundry that you had not recived what you paid for? you had a seat and watched a film, good or bad you paid your money and got the service.

Now if you goto a club and its smelly, unclean, run down and the management didnt give good service etc then gripe that you didn't get what you paid for!!

Whatever price you pay to get into a club does not guarantee sex with a model, infact is only an entrance fee to a night in there and nothing more or less. if you didnt get sex might be something you did wrong not the others in there, maybe you have a bad personality are smelly etc!!

they could..

supply and demand..

At the end of the day a swingers club is a club which is a business the owners may do it because they love the lifestyle but they still have to earn a living

Numbers attending

On equal pricing basis that would be approx £30 per person. A small reduction for each single male and a Doubling for each couple.

So I would expect this policy to produce a club full of single disappointed men vieing for the attention of the couple of female half of couples there. No single females.

Interestingly the same club is Couples and single fems only on a Saturday night when they charge £50 and £10 respectively.

"

So, based upon the above pricing policy, how does the Sex Discrimination law apply, in particular the amendment relating to the 'Sex Discrimination in Private Clubs Bill'?

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

i liked the book kes

they could..

supply and demand..

Numbers attending

So, based upon the above pricing policy, how does the Sex Discrimination law apply, in particular the amendment relating to the 'Sex Discrimination in Private Clubs Bill'?

"

It doesn't as a club can choose to use positive discrimination in order to benefit all members.

Not the exact words but the general gist

"

It doesn't as a club can choose to use positive discrimination in order to benefit all members.

Not the exact words but the general gist "

Taken from the Equality Act 2010:

--

Members and associates

It is unlawful for a private club or other association to discriminate against, harass or victimise an existing or potential member or an associate. (An associate is someone who is not a member but who has some or all of the rights of a member because they are a member of an affiliated private club.). A club

cannot refuse membership, or grant membership on less favourable terms (such as by applying different conditions or fees) because the person

has a protected characteristic –disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion

or belief, sex or sexual orientation.

--

Guests

It is unlawful for a private club or other association to discriminate against, harass or victimise a guest or potential guest of the association. A private club cannot refuse to invite a person as a guest of the club, or invite the person on less favourable terms, such as by imposing special conditions,because of the guest’s protected characteristic.

--

How does the notion of 'positive discrimination' negate the Equality act (2010) rule of not offering members and guests 'less favorable terms' based on their gender?

I'm not, by the way, grinding an axe here, or have anything to prove as I dont use or go to clubs. But I am genuinely intrigued as to how they can justify something which , on the face of it, does appear to very gender biased.

I thought this was about birds :-/

By *danteMan  over a year ago

rhonda

Kez just flew out the window

"

Not the exact words but the general gist

Taken from the Equality Act 2010:

--

Members and associates

It is unlawful for a private club or other association to discriminate against, harass or victimise an existing or potential member or an associate. (An associate is someone who is not a member but who has some or all of the rights of a member because they are a member of an affiliated private club.). A club

cannot refuse membership, or grant membership on less favourable terms (such as by applying different conditions or fees) because the person

has a protected characteristic –disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion

or belief, sex or sexual orientation.

--

Guests

It is unlawful for a private club or other association to discriminate against, harass or victimise a guest or potential guest of the association. A private club cannot refuse to invite a person as a guest of the club, or invite the person on less favourable terms, such as by imposing special conditions,because of the guest’s protected characteristic.

--

How does the notion of 'positive discrimination' negate the Equality act (2010) rule of not offering members and guests 'less favorable terms' based on their gender?

I'm not, by the way, grinding an axe here, or have anything to prove as I dont use or go to clubs. But I am genuinely intrigued as to how they can justify something which , on the face of it, does appear to very gender biased. "

And here is another part of the whole

When services are provided to you by a private members’ club of which you are a member, the club is not bound by the Sex Discrimination Act as a service provider and can lawfully discriminate on grounds of gender. However, private clubs must still obey the Sex Discrimination Act in the way they treat their employees.

The rules and practices of private members' clubs have over the years resulted in many complaints of discrimination. The main issue has been the different classes of membership that are open to one sex only.

Example

A golf club restricts 'full membership' to men. Only full members have the right to set the rules of the club and have full access to the club. 'Associate membership' is restricted to women and has reduced rights and limited access to the club. As long as the club is genuinely private, this would be lawful.

A private members’ club is one that genuinely selects its members on personal grounds, rather than, for example, accepting as a member anyone who pays the membership fee.

When a club offers services to the public – for example, hiring out rooms for functions – it does have to obey the Sex Discrimination Act, and must provide this service without discriminating unfairly on the grounds of gender.

Agreed, however, many establishments are open to the public. There is no membership rules and many of them do not require any details - but merely operate a 'pay at the door' policy - which effectively makes them open to the public, surely?

The clubs that are not private members clubs do have loop holes but I'm to hot to go through all the legal stuff again.

It boils Down to positive discrimination to protect other patrons.

A similar thread run a few weeks back and the general consensus was that if a successful challenge in court was won then most swingers clubs would end up closing.

By *azNdavCouple  over a year ago

barnsley

Billy Casper

Graig David

That's two I can think of

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"If a single guy wants to attend why so much i understand there are wierd among us but it alienates the nice ones."

And in English please.

There are many couples that wont attend at all if single males are allowed, i think the pricing policy is to keep the numbers more balanced by means of deterrence, and at the end of the day without females be it single or couple then there is no club end of discussion.

My experience is the more single males allowed, the more competitive they get for attention, so get more pushy and demanding.

equally for the club owners they have to make the place pay, so just being for couples only would make that hard if they did it too often.

My response to single males has always been " get your own partner, every couple here has had to do exactly that"

Singles or couples have no entitlement whatsoever in a club or party and they have a clear choice about whether to attend or not.

So say i was hoping to go somewhere to just be naked and free with no expectations of having sex why is it that i am tarred with the same brush as others (besides nobody wants a fat baldman with small cock any way )

"So say i was hoping to go somewhere to just be naked and free with no expectations of having sex why is it that i am tarred with the same brush as others (besides nobody wants a fat baldman with small cock any way )"

Try naturism forums instead of swinging for advice then

Come Kes... great film...

I like watching the ones on the cathedral

» Add a new message to this topic