FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Too Old for most maybe?

Too Old for most maybe?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uvBugs OP   Couple  over a year ago

CAMBS

We are a happy go lucky pair and regularly attend a few clubs specifically Derby. We have found over the last few months that we are either avoided or sometimes ignored. We are always friendly to anybody. We've always enjoyed playing in clubs but are we too old to share a room with someone or couples? We are off to the Attic this Saturday but are slowly having second thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Age isn't an issue for us typically (despite our filters) as we go off hiw the couple are.

You should be fine at The Attic as it gets a whole host of different age groups.

C

By *ustus555Couple  over a year ago

NG 21

"We are a happy go lucky pair and regularly attend a few clubs specifically Derby. We have found over the last few months that we are either avoided or sometimes ignored. We are always friendly to anybody. We've always enjoyed playing in clubs but are we too old to share a room with someone or couples? We are off to the Attic this Saturday but are slowly having second thoughts "

We've been to the attic quite a few times, and let me re assure you. Your by no means the oldest we've seen there. It a very inclusive place. (mrs)

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"We are a happy go lucky pair and regularly attend a few clubs specifically Derby. We have found over the last few months that we are either avoided or sometimes ignored. We are always friendly to anybody. We've always enjoyed playing in clubs but are we too old to share a room with someone or couples? We are off to the Attic this Saturday but are slowly having second thoughts "

Go, do you're own thing and have fun you shouldn't let a few bad experiences put you off.

I (Mr) in our early swinging days got pushed off the bed by another couple who wanted my wifey to themselves. It was in the days before we knew what unicorn hunters were we quickly stopped the fun and played elsewhere. What im saying is everyone as bad experiences but the bad ones make the good ones even more fun... Don't chuck in the towel

Mr

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think that interest in us older people naturally wanes. I wouldn't stop going unless you only enjoy it if you can play with others.

CAMBS

Thanks for the encouraging words, maybe it's something we have to work on even more. We aren't amatuers at playing and we do enjoy playing alone. We just like that extra bit of fun as many do. Must work harder LOL

By *ust me69Man  over a year ago

hull

Your age shouldnt be an issue by pics you look fantastic

By *he massage manMan  over a year ago

filey

Sensual or sexy moments are about the atitude or responsiveness of the people involved not their age at all. Also looks can attract and excite but if after that initial reaction there is a cold unresponsive reaction the experience is flat on the other hand if you open your mind to the people you are with the experience can be explosive. I am sure the right people will come along now and then so dont give up.

I started my swinging journey watching a couple 20 years older than I was then covered in a towel but enjoying themselves and its still the most sensual exciting time I have had amongst hundreds since.

CAMBS

"Your age shouldnt be an issue by pics you look fantastic "

Thank you kindly x

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

LuvBugs, I put up a similar question on here a few months back.

Being now in our early sixties, we feel that going to swingers clubs could be awkward. We'd hate to be the oldest people there and not see at least another couple of a similar age group!

Ageism is a thing, and it may not be overt.

We were regulars at Abfab and Radlett, and also Eureka, and have been to many house parties, and always enjoyed it. Molly loves getting glammed up and going out.

However, for the last few years, we've been going to naturist places for the most part, worrying that we'd be 'gatecrashing' venues for a younger demographic.

Our fear would be going to a club where they just want the "beautiful people" lol.

We've been interested in going to the Penthouse Playrooms in Dunstable and have had some conversations on here with people well into their sixties and even early seventies who have been there, who tell us that we would be made welcome there, and that our age isn't an issue.

I even contacted the club about it and had a very reassuring message from them saying that we would be welcome.

So, we're going to definitely give the Penthouse Playrooms a visit in the next few weeks.

We're also thinking of going to the new Abfab as lots of people have told us that there is a very wide age-range that go there. (We haven't been there since they closed down the old venue and moved).

We'll post a review of our experience from an age perspective once we've visited.

If anybody has any information with regards to which clubs in the south are welcoming of an older age group, we'd love to hear from you.

CAMBS

"LuvBugs, I put up a similar question on here a few months back.

Being now in our early sixties, we feel that going to swingers clubs could be awkward. We'd hate to be the oldest people there and not see at least another couple of a similar age group!

We were regulars at Abfab and Radlett, and also Eureka, and have been to many house parties, and always enjoyed it. Molly loves getting glammed up and going out.

However, for the last few years, we've been going to naturist places for the most part, worrying that we'd be 'gatecrashing' venues for a younger demographic.

Our fear would be going to a club where they just want the "beautiful people" lol.

We've been interested in going to the Penthouse Playrooms in Dunstable and have had some conversations on here with people well into their sixties and even early seventies who have been there, who tell us that we would be made welcome there, and that our age isn't an issue.

I even contacted the club about it and had a very reassuring message from them saying that we would be welcome.

So, we're going to definitely give the Penthouse Playrooms a visit in the next few weeks.

We're also thinking of going to the new Abfab as lots of people have told us that there is a very wide age-range that go there. (We haven't been there since they closed down the old venue and moved).

We'll post a review of our experience from an age perspective once we've visited.

If anybody has any information with regards to which clubs in the south are welcoming of an older age group, we'd love to hear from you.

"

Thank you for taken the time to explain your knowledge and experiences. We always thought we were hardened swingers but as we got older and more relevant, post covid, it doesn't always feel the same as before for us (We used to have plenty of playmates) But we will keep going until the feelings tell us to stop. Once again thanks for your input x

By *he massage manMan  over a year ago

filey

"LuvBugs, I put up a similar question on here a few months back.

Thank you for taken the time to explain your knowledge and experiences. We always thought we were hardened swingers but as we got older and more relevant, post covid, it doesn't always feel the same as before for us (We used to have plenty of playmates) But we will keep going until the feelings tell us to stop. Once again thanks for your input x"

I think your mention of covid is very true. Since covid I have not been so keen to get out and meet but I am a keen dancer and I have dropped from probably four or five times a week to two or three and numbers at the dances have dropped.

However I have found of late I have been chatting and finding a lot of the more mature couples on here (and probably classier couples) who probably wouldn't go now to clubs but still want to meet up in little groups and at socials. When I started in this scene more than twenty years ago it was mainly social with benefits and the social was the bigger part but the younger generation seem to "want to cut to the chase" straight away and feel it sort of isn't as interesting.

What do others feel???

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

The idea of mature couples and singles meeting in small groups would be great.

There are hotels and Airbnbs etc. Also smaller clubs and spas like Silverleigh which are naturist, but have onsite accommodation. How we could arrange this is another thing!

It would be great if there was a 'mature' forum on here.

If any mature couples or decent respectful males would like to direct message us, we'd love to get to know you and if we click, we'll add as a friend once we've built a rapport.

By *otbeefandonionsCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

At the club we were at last week, there was a gentleman there who was turning 80 this month.

As long as your respectful, warm and fun I don't think being older bothers a lot of people.

I'm 39 , I wouldn't go with someone who was 19 at all. Someone who was 59 though, yip no worries at all

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Your age shouldnt be an issue by pics you look fantastic

Thank you kindly x"

No pictures of Mr

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some gorgeous older couples in this thread that I would LOVE to play with.

Message me if you're looking for someone younger to join you x

By *eed.a.signalMan  over a year ago

Local

"I think that interest in us older people naturally wanes. I wouldn't stop going unless you only enjoy it if you can play with others. "

For our fabulous forum moderator interest is DEFINITELY NOT waning

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think that interest in us older people naturally wanes. I wouldn't stop going unless you only enjoy it if you can play with others.

For our fabulous forum moderator interest is DEFINITELY NOT waning "

You're too kind

By *p4fun60Couple  over a year ago

Hampshire

We had a very similar concern but tbh it was more in our heads than experience & looking back we were our own worst enemy's & thought we'd suffer ageism but that couldn't be further from the truth, we've been to several clubs, some we've played in others just a social, but if we haven't played its been our choice not that others didnt fancy us. One thing we have come to realise is that age in itself is also a kink, some people prefer their own age bracket while others prefer older couples, we always ask a young couple when contacted by them, have you fully read our profile & understand our age & the answer is always the same, "yes & it's not a problem"

One bit of advice I'd give is head to the over 40s night at liberty Elite which is great but also Abfabs/kestrels has a really diverse age range

By *eed.a.signalMan  over a year ago

Local

"I think that interest in us older people naturally wanes. I wouldn't stop going unless you only enjoy it if you can play with others.

For our fabulous forum moderator interest is DEFINITELY NOT waning

You're too kind "

Stop it

Nicecouple561 can message me ANYTIME for a chat

Not in the 48-73 age bracket but worth the bother, without any bother

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We love the Attic and often head down to Derby for a weekend visiting Attic both Friday and Saturday nights. No two nights in the club are the same. Some nights we don't get a lot of interaction with people but sometimes we have loads. We have never put any lack of interaction due to our age. It's not like here on fab, where age seems to be an obsession with some. In clubs you get to see what people are really like, a good bit of craic in a club goes a lot further than messages on here, most are on the back foot here on fab due to all the fab crazies. At the end of the day if folk are avoiding us in clubs due to our age it isn't something we would dwell on as we go out to have a great night and that is exactly what the two of us have no matter what

By *x2 4 funCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

We never had any problems when we were members at our local club

By *offee Cocktails and CumCouple  over a year ago

Waterlooville

We regularly play with a couple who are 65 and 68 years respectively

Age is just a number, it’s attitude that counts

» Add a new message to this topic