FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club reviews

Club reviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *weetnsour1100 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leeds/York

When you speak to people on here they all have mixed reviews of clubs. Yet club reviews are always positive. If nobody ever puts a bad review what's the point in them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

There are some bad reviews. I seem to recall reading a similar thread the other week where it was discussed and some moderators commented

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

If I've had a bad experience at a club, it's usually down to a particular person, rather than a club. So I haven't written a bad review. If a club was dirty or there was a serious safety issue, then obviously I would put that in a review.

I think you can go through most club reviews and find an occasional dodgy one were people comment about something they didn't like. Not all clubs suit everyone as we all have different tastes and are after different things anyway.

Majority are great reviews; because most people do have a really good time. If they didn't, they wouldn't go back and clubs would close.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Aintree

"When you speak to people on here they all have mixed reviews of clubs. Yet club reviews are always positive. If nobody ever puts a bad review what's the point in them? "

To be fair; people do leave 'less than positive' reviews for clubs, only those reviews have a habit of disappearing....

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"When you speak to people on here they all have mixed reviews of clubs. Yet club reviews are always positive. If nobody ever puts a bad review what's the point in them?

To be fair; people do leave 'less than positive' reviews for clubs, only those reviews have a habit of disappearing.... "

I have noticed this too with certain venues.....

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

"When you speak to people on here they all have mixed reviews of clubs. Yet club reviews are always positive. If nobody ever puts a bad review what's the point in them?

To be fair; people do leave 'less than positive' reviews for clubs, only those reviews have a habit of disappearing.... "

Exactly this. I used to go to a club that i could write a scathing review of, but it’s pointless, any review that isn’t glowing gets attacked by club regulars then taken down. Word of mouth is more reliable.

By *aznshaneCouple  over a year ago

St Annes

To be fair; people do leave 'less than positive' reviews for clubs, only those reviews have a habit of disappearing....

Exactly this. I used to go to a club that i could write a scathing review of, but it’s pointless, any review that isn’t glowing gets attacked by club regulars then taken down. Word of mouth is more reliable. "

To be fair, word of mouth can also be very unreliable, there are many reasons someone may or may not like a club, then there are those who just want to give a club a bad name and cause trouble be it they may have been barred, not got to play or had a bad experience. There are endless reasons.

Only fake and repeat negative reviews from barred people are asked to be removed @infusion. The best thing to do is try a club for yourself and make up your own mind

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

Exactly this. I used to go to a club that i could write a scathing review of, but it’s pointless, any review that isn’t glowing gets attacked by club regulars then taken down. Word of mouth is more reliable.

To be fair, word of mouth can also be very unreliable, there are many reasons someone may or may not like a club, then there are those who just want to give a club a bad name and cause trouble be it they may have been barred, not got to play or had a bad experience. There are endless reasons.

Only fake and repeat negative reviews from barred people are asked to be removed @infusion. The best thing to do is try a club for yourself and make up your own mind "

It works both ways, there are clubs who badmouth individuals because they don’t like what the person has to say about them and won’t accept criticism. The best clubs are those who take criticism constructively and remain professional.

With word of mouth you’ll hear good from some people and bad from others.

With online reviews you’re only seeing good ones because everything else gets pulled.

I do agree with one point though, the best way to find out is to see for yourself.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"When you speak to people on here they all have mixed reviews of clubs. Yet club reviews are always positive. If nobody ever puts a bad review what's the point in them? "

There are some clubs that will start messaging you about your bad review so it's just not worth the hassle. We will always put a review on if the club deserves positive feedback but if it wasn't such a good club we don't, we have had bad experiences of doing so. Best thing we can say is to look who is reviewing, try and work out as best you can if it's the staff and regulars who are always reviewing. See if the club is responding to bad reviews through the reviews section of their club. It's all a huge minefield. Best advice we can say is if you really do still fancy visiting a club with great reviews just go and try for yourself then vote with your feet. We have left clubs early thinking the reviews are not in one little bit what this club is and never gone back

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

To get a real review I look at ones that say ...our first visit to this club. Regulars are bound to praise their favourite club, but first impressions from people who have never been before is a more independent opinion.

And obviously try a club out yourself to know how you feel about it.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Aintree

There are some clubs that will start messaging you about your bad review so it's just not worth the hassle. We will always put a review on if the club deserves positive feedback but if it wasn't such a good club we don't, we have had bad experiences of doing so. Best thing we can say is to look who is reviewing, try and work out as best you can if it's the staff and regulars who are always reviewing. See if the club is responding to bad reviews through the reviews section of their club. It's all a huge minefield. Best advice we can say is if you really do still fancy visiting a club with great reviews just go and try for yourself then vote with your feet. We have left clubs early thinking the reviews are not in one little bit what this club is and never gone back "

I would argue it is worth saying exactly what you think, particularly in this open forum, based on my views about one club, who cannot take honest, experience-based criticism on my visit there, but which has resulted in two other clubs messaging me direct, to say not to be put off the club scene, and try their places instead, as they genuinely do their best to make single guys feel welcome

» Add a new message to this topic