FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club entry requirements

Club entry requirements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *addo OP   Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

I haven't been to any clubs yet this year since things started getting back towards "normal".

I have noticed that clubs in England are asking for different things regarding Covid. Some are asking for proof of full vaccination and some are asking for evidence of a recent negative test.

I haven't been anywhere at all where I need to prove my status, so what do I physically need to show the clubs at the door when I arrive? Can I just show them my phone with the NHS app or do I need a printed letter to hand over to them?

Who's been to a club recently that could tell me this? Any tips for particular clubs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

Contact the club you are planning on attending, and they will tell you exactly what you need for entry.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

If you have the App and that shows proof of vaccination this is the best proof you can have. Chams, for example, ask for proof of double vaccination or negative test result registered on NHS website

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Not been to a club but back in beginning of july I went to hampton court flower show I had to show the app on my phone with a,valid code x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Downloading the NHS app is quick and easy. Then contact the club you're interested in, to check if it's just vaccination status or that plus an official test result. If you have the app and are jabbed, you're most of the way there. Staff are always very helpful, so refer to them, if their website isn't totally clear.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

We’ve been to a few clubs in England and have only had to show a negative test result! It’s definitely worth checking out on the club website before you go, but for us we’ve never had to show a paper copy, phone has been enough! Miss pc

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Personally I feel a negative test makes the most sense.

A vaccine passport might have been last updated over 6 months ago, your lft test shows your not currently carrying covid.

Regardless of whether people who have been double jab are less likely to carry and spread it, they still can, to me a recent lateral flow test makes a lot more sense.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Personally I feel a negative test makes the most sense.

A vaccine passport might have been last updated over 6 months ago, your lft test shows your not currently carrying covid.

Regardless of whether people who have been double jab are less likely to carry and spread it, they still can, to me a recent lateral flow test makes a lot more sense."

Totally agree with your logic..unfortunately not a reality...I took three LFT last week when I felt symptoms come on..all gave a negative result..it took the wait for the PCR test to show positive (felt like crap btw).

What is interesting, is I tried to access the pass system to quickly get the dates of my jabs for track & trace submission.. but I could not access a pass, it was registered as expired. Apparently the pass will become available again once isolation has finished (and you get an updated 180 post covid pass)..

This appears to be an efficient (if people follow the guild lines) way of using the pass to prevent infections people from accessing vulnerable environments!!!! Haven't heard much talk of this ????

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Different clubs have different rules. For some it's just a quick temperature check for others it's either proof of negative test or proof of vaccination.

For myself, I feel that proof of negative test is safest and most sensible irrespective of vaccination status.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Not all clubs are asking for any covid checks. I've found some are just checking temperatures too...such is not really a good indicator as covid doesnt seem to be often presenting with a temperature now.

Safest way would be negative tests.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Personally I feel a negative test makes the most sense.

Regardless of whether people who have been double jab are less likely to carry and spread it, they still can, to me a recent lateral flow test makes a lot more sense.

Totally agree with your logic..unfortunately not a reality...I took three LFT last week when I felt symptoms come on..all gave a negative result..it took the wait for the PCR test to show positive (felt like crap btw).

What is interesting, is I tried to access the pass system to quickly get the dates of my jabs for track & trace submission.. but I could not access a pass, it was registered as expired. Apparently the pass will become available again once isolation has finished (and you get an updated 180 post covid pass)..

This appears to be an efficient (if people follow the guild lines) way of using the pass to prevent infections people from accessing vulnerable environments!!!! Haven't heard much talk of this ????"

Yeah and you have to register a negative lft before you get the pass too

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We are really missing our visits to our favourite club. They are asking for double vaccinated proof. We are not vaxxed. We both had covid about 7 weeks ago so have natural immunity but that won't count.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Different clubs have different rules. For some it's just a quick temperature check for others it's either proof of negative test or proof of vaccination.

For myself, I feel that proof of negative test is safest and most sensible irrespective of vaccination status."

We agree

By *neeyeshutMan  over a year ago

surrey

"We are really missing our visits to our favourite club. They are asking for double vaccinated proof. We are not vaxxed. We both had covid about 7 weeks ago so have natural immunity but that won't count. "

If you have the NHS app (not Covid tracker) and went through an official positive test result you will be able to generate a covid pass once your quarantine is over.. it will give you a QR bar code the same as if you had been vaccinated ???? It works for international travel etc

nottingham

"Different clubs have different rules. For some it's just a quick temperature check for others it's either proof of negative test or proof of vaccination.

For myself, I feel that proof of negative test is safest and most sensible irrespective of vaccination status.

We agree"

LFT quite unreliable however. Colleague did 5 of them - all negative. PCR was positive. There's no perfect was of sorting out entry requirements and clubs are just doing what they think best. Definitely feel more comfortable with the ask of proof of vaccination or negative test, anything is better than nothing

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

You all missing the fact that a double vaccinated person can still transmit covid....and what about people exempt from vaccinations because of medical reasons.

East Sussex

For myself, I feel that proof of negative test is safest and most sensible irrespective of vaccination status."

Lft tests aren't accurate tho. We have just had covid...yet my hubby had a negative lateral flow test...his pcr was positive.

In this same week my sister has had her second instance of having a positive lateral flow test...then going on to have a negative pcr.

nottingham

"You all missing the fact that a double vaccinated person can still transmit covid....and what about people exempt from vaccinations because of medical reasons. "

I don't think anyone is missing that fact, but the risk is reduced if you're vaccinated. Those that can't be vaccinated can show proof of a negative test. There's no perfect solution

East Sussex

"You all missing the fact that a double vaccinated person can still transmit covid....and what about people exempt from vaccinations because of medical reasons.

I don't think anyone is missing that fact, but the risk is reduced if you're vaccinated. Those that can't be vaccinated can show proof of a negative test. There's no perfect solution "

I'm not saying there is, just saying lateral flow tests are not accurate either.

I already know of some clubs that aren't doing any checks

By *neeyeshutMan  over a year ago

surrey

All the arguments about why the pass is no good have ground...lateral flow tests are unreliable and you could just take one out of the packet at register a negative with the bar code without even doing it....double vax does not stop transmission..but is "reported" that it does reduce it by some degree.....

However, a positive PCR test will suspend the individuals ability to generate a covid pass until the quarantine period is up...

Therefore asking for proof of an NHS pass (not a specific reason) will prevent individuals that "are definitely positive " from trying to enter...I'm sure the vast majority of us would abide by the rules..but it only takes one !!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"You all missing the fact that a double vaccinated person can still transmit covid....and what about people exempt from vaccinations because of medical reasons.

I don't think anyone is missing that fact, but the risk is reduced if you're vaccinated. Those that can't be vaccinated can show proof of a negative test. There's no perfect solution "

The NHS app was especially useful earlier on. Other countries have used the equivalent to help to reduce their infection levels to below ours, as part of a multi-path strategy, using several tools, including masks etc.

By *inksAPlentyCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"We are really missing our visits to our favourite club. They are asking for double vaccinated proof. We are not vaxxed. We both had covid about 7 weeks ago so have natural immunity but that won't count. "

There is a club that we would like to visit but we can't because I am not double vaxxed. I've had covid twice now, I have proof that I have covid antibodies and am happy to take an LFD test - but the club insist on being double vaccinated.

Ms x

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

I've never had to show any proof of vaccination or negative LFT, but 2 clubs out of 5 I've been to since Covid struck have temperature checked me on entry. Compare that to the masses of events I've been to where I've never been checked

» Add a new message to this topic