FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Never been to a club

Never been to a club

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey! Long time browser first time poster about clubs- I’ve always wanted to go but as a single guy it’s a bit nerve wracking. I’m in Birmingham but always frequent Plymouth and many places in the south west, and can travel anywhere in the country really.

As someone who’s curious about clubs, do any veterans have any advice? Anyone want to take me under their wing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Hey! Long time browser first time poster about clubs- I’ve always wanted to go but as a single guy it’s a bit nerve wracking. I’m in Birmingham but always frequent Plymouth and many places in the south west, and can travel anywhere in the country really.

As someone who’s curious about clubs, do any veterans have any advice? Anyone want to take me under their wing? "

I am hosting an event especially for guys new to clubs and it is an hour North of Birmingham !

Friday November 12th at Atlantis in Stoke. Feel free to message me if you are interested. (you get in earlier and cheaper too)

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Hey! Long time browser first time poster about clubs- I’ve always wanted to go but as a single guy it’s a bit nerve wracking. I’m in Birmingham but always frequent Plymouth and many places in the south west, and can travel anywhere in the country really.

As someone who’s curious about clubs, do any veterans have any advice? Anyone want to take me under their wing?

I am hosting an event especially for guys new to clubs and it is an hour North of Birmingham !

Friday November 12th at Atlantis in Stoke. Feel free to message me if you are interested. (you get in earlier and cheaper too) "

Thanks, I’ll message you now!

By *ueenbee77Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Think the thing to remember is there's a big stigma attached to swinging clubs that's what I found. Thought they would be very

Seedy. I found it was just like a regular club. But with a few advantages

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

You have to ask yourself, are you a shy person or outgoing? Can you chat to strangers, without appearing creepy?

That is probably the biggest thing to overcome.

I'd say go to a spa based club first. Sitting naked in a hot tub it is generally easier to strike up a conversation, than hanging around a bar trying to get someone's attention, or go on a quieter night in a club and maybe ask the staff to introduce you to a few regulars.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"You have to ask yourself, are you a shy person or outgoing? Can you chat to strangers, without appearing creepy?

That is probably the biggest thing to overcome.

I'd say go to a spa based club first. Sitting naked in a hot tub it is generally easier to strike up a conversation, than hanging around a bar trying to get someone's attention, or go on a quieter night in a club and maybe ask the staff to introduce you to a few regulars.

"

Why is chatting to people fully dressed creepy, but naked in a hot tub isn't?

I find many people are anxious about stripping off immediately you arrive and haven't got over the nerves of walking in, whereas nightclub style clubs is a far gentler approach and is comparable to talking to people in a pub or next to you in a queue.

Better still, try both types and see what suits you.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

If you Birmingham the Attic Derby would be a good one to try for the first time on a club night. It's no membership, just a reasonable entrance fee. Its a big decent club and there's nothing to lose if you don't like it. Just go, dress in what makes you feel confident and have no expectations but to take the night as you find it. I wouldn't go anywhere with a pricey membership until you know if you like the scene or not.

» Add a new message to this topic