FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Eureka

Eureka

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oupleJB OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chislehurst

Just seen a FB post from Eureka saying that cabins for an event are sold out, but you can stay in your car overnight providing you buy a coffee & bagel in the morning.

Shame what has become of the place, regardless of improvements….

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamond cockneyWoman  over a year ago

kent

I don’t get any of it?

First of all don’t want single guys = now they want single guys back?

Couldn’t do silver membership at the door = now you can?

It’s a member’s only club = if you go on class decadence guest list you don’t have to be a member?

Could it be that their original plan has completely back fired & now they are just great full for anyone to turn up….. surely not!

Chislehurst

We have been going to Eureka for 25 years, albeit not since the first Covid lockdown.

I get that they are a buisness now, but sleeping in a car is not exactly a lovely end to an evening.

They might as well just charge for overnight parking.

We won’t be back under all of these conditions.

By *ransistersTV/TS  over a year ago

Dover

Here we go again, if you really can't afford a coffee and a bagel then the club probably won't miss your custom.

kent

"Here we go again, if you really can't afford a coffee and a bagel then the club probably won't miss your custom."

People do have a right to voice their opinion…

Maybe sleeping in the car & having a bagel isn’t the type of customer we want to be mixing with?

I had such high hopes after Mike left ( sorry if that offends anyone) but when the management changes it’s mind all the time it doesn’t send out a positive message for the rest of us to venture back regardless of the cost

Dover

"Here we go again, if you really can't afford a coffee and a bagel then the club probably won't miss your custom.

Maybe sleeping in the car & having a bagel isn’t the type of customer we want to be mixing with?

I had such high hopes after Mike left ( sorry if that offends anyone) but when the management changes it’s mind all the time it doesn’t send out a positive message for the rest of us to venture back regardless of the cost"

So what would be your suggestion if you don't want to drive home after a drink and the chalets are full.

As with anything new sometimes you have a learning curve and adjust to things as you encounter problems surely.

kent

"Here we go again, if you really can't afford a coffee and a bagel then the club probably won't miss your custom.

I had such high hopes after Mike left ( sorry if that offends anyone) but when the management changes it’s mind all the time it doesn’t send out a positive message for the rest of us to venture back regardless of the cost

So what would be your suggestion if you don't want to drive home after a drink and the chalets are full.

As with anything new sometimes you have a learning curve and adjust to things as you encounter problems surely."

Absolutely and I commend anyone who holds their hands up and says this isn’t working & reverts back to what did work, my problem is the way that both Stuart & Carrie Anne were very arrogant in the things that were being put on here, fb & the website, when people were saying they didn’t want to join on line for personal reasons it was said well that’s how it is now, they didn’t have to be that rude to people?

At the end of the day it was a good club & place to visit & still can be if they listen to what customers want, which hopefully they are realising now….. as for people sleeping in their cars ….. they always did, that’s nothing new

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

As with anything new sometimes you have a learning curve and adjust to things as you encounter problems surely.

Absolutely and I commend anyone who holds their hands up and says this isn’t working & reverts back to what did work, my problem is the way that both Stuart & Carrie Anne were very arrogant in the things that were being put on here, fb & the website, when people were saying they didn’t want to join on line for personal reasons it was said well that’s how it is now, they didn’t have to be that rude to people?

At the end of the day it was a good club & place to visit & still can be if they listen to what customers want, which hopefully they are realising now….. as for people sleeping in their cars ….. they always did, that’s nothing new"

I’m sure most would buy a coffee and bacon roll in morning anyway shouldnt have to be forced to

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

"Here we go again, if you really can't afford a coffee and a bagel then the club probably won't miss your custom."

I don't think this is about being able to afford coffee and bagel but something much more fundamental.

Chislehurst

Don’t worry. We can afford it. It’s the club that seems to be struggling for money.

Chislehurst

Just looked at your profile. I see you are affiliated to Eureka as party a organiser.

Maybe try being polite to potential customers.

kent

"Just looked at your profile. I see you are affiliated to Eureka as party a organiser.

Maybe try being polite to potential customers. "

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

Can't afford a coffee? Or just choose not to sleep in a car. There really is no need to be rude.

By *itsalena2Couple  over a year ago

Kent

Buying a bagel and coffee is not going to break the bank and probably a good idea if you’ve been drinking the night before , what would alarm us if we was going to revisit is the fact that the club has only just mentioned that the cabins are booked out a week before one of the biggest nights in this scene for clubs , the cabins used to be sold out 6 months before on previous years , so maybe the numbers aren’t there still , so we shall wait for the reviews start saying that the club is back to its old self before we even think about visiting and spending at least £200 for night out

Chislehurst

It’s not about the price of a coffee. It’s about being told you have to have it.

Dover

You all need to get your facts right firstly, as we only help promote the club.

You all seem happy to jump on the same old band wagon giving bad press and distorting the truth I wonder why. How about being brave and original like trying it for yourself and then commenting, regards rude well I have an opinion too and trolls come to mind.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You all need to get your facts right firstly, as we only help promote the club.

You all seem happy to jump on the same old band wagon giving bad press and distorting the truth I wonder why. How about being brave and original like trying it for yourself and then commenting, regards rude well I have an opinion too and trolls come to mind."

Wow glad I dnt go anymore if this sort of person is going. Bit like old times. You were taught well. Lol

Dover

"You all need to get your facts right firstly, as we only help promote the club.

You all seem happy to jump on the same old band wagon giving bad press and distorting the truth I wonder why. How about being brave and original like trying it for yourself and then commenting, regards rude well I have an opinion too and trolls come to mind.

Wow glad I dnt go anymore if this sort of person is going. Bit like old times. You were taught well. Lol"

Don't talk in riddles please, can you explain this remark.

By *allum29Man  over a year ago

Banbury

"Just looked at your profile. I see you are affiliated to Eureka as party a organiser.

Maybe try being polite to potential customers. "

Yes if the staff or affiliates are rude when talking to me before I visit why would I want to support them and give them my money. I'd much rather support a friendly venue especially when many have had a rough time recently.

Going back to your original point sleeping in the car at the end of the night doesn't appeal. If there was no huts to rent for the night then I'd probably go somewhere else.

Dover

Yes if the staff or affiliates are rude when talking to me before I visit why would I want to support them and give them my money. I'd much rather support a friendly venue especially when many have had a rough time recently.

Going back to your original point sleeping in the car at the end of the night doesn't appeal. If there was no huts to rent for the night then I'd probably go somewhere else."

Your argument makes no sense, very few clubs have accomodation and hotels are always an option. If a club has pre sold all its accomodation that means it's probably going to be busy on that night, also has anyone actually been rude to yourself or are you just jumping on the negative band wagon.

Bedford

You all seem happy to jump on the same old band wagon giving bad press and distorting the truth I wonder why. How about being brave and original like trying it for yourself and then commenting, regards rude well I have an opinion too and trolls come to mind."

I'd love to comment, not on the club but on your attitude on this forum. However, I really don't want to risk a forum ban .

Can't comment on the club as have not been since Covid, and not likely to go any time soon due to mainly distance, but there are other factors, too.

Dover

Just for the record there seems to be a an agenda of negativity about Eureka on this site, probably started by ex members who don't like the new direction the club has taken in embracing all races and sexual preferences. Unlike the way the club was previously run with an attitude of racism and transphobic and aggressive policy's. Stricter rules now apply and everything is run properly and meets local authority and government guidelines, where the club was losing money and maintenance was neglected for a long period of time.

Improvements are on going and promoting the club to all the swinging and naturist community to include the gay and trans community as well.

Maybe some don't like the changes and resent the inclusion of the above.

Maybe some should refrain from being judgmental and visit the club with an open mind and enjoy a warm welcome plus have a good time and know they can enjoy the club and facilities in complete safety.

Apologies to anyone who feels put out or upset, but patience wears thin with the constant sniping and negitive comments from some that enjoy the game.

We are all in a minority whatever we call ourselves so perhaps we should all stick together and be nice to each other.

Kent

Going back to your original point sleeping in the car at the end of the night doesn't appeal. If there was no huts to rent for the night then I'd probably go somewhere else.

Your argument makes no sense, very few clubs have accomodation and hotels are always an option. If a club has pre sold all its accomodation that means it's probably going to be busy on that night, also has anyone actually been rude to yourself or are you just jumping on the negative band wagon."

Your reply says club is probably going to be busy , so dose that mean your not sure .

I could name a few clubs that will definitely be busy on the Halloween night and one that’s not to far from Eureka ,

Make the place cheaper bring back bringing your own alcohol and the party atmosphere where the club was busy every Saturday night

And maybe people will come back

Club reviews will start going back up with lots of positive feedback

The place has been made to expensive for a party night with what you get for value for money

And before you state troll I’ve personally told this to the owners in private message before

We don’t do the politics bullshit

And it’s good to always have other venues to go too even if it’s every now and then

But has to be value for money

Dover

Your argument makes no sense, very few clubs have accomodation and hotels are always an option. If a club has pre sold all its accomodation that means it's probably going to be busy on that night, also has anyone actually been rude to yourself or are you just jumping on the negative band wagon.

Your reply says club is probably going to be busy , so dose that mean your not sure .

I could name a few clubs that will definitely be busy on the Halloween night and one that’s not to far from Eureka ,

Make the place cheaper bring back bringing your own alcohol and the party atmosphere where the club was busy every Saturday night

The place has been made to expensive for a party night with what you get for value for money

And before you state troll I’ve personally told this to the owners in private message before

And it’s good to always have other venues to go too even if it’s every now and then

Thank you for your comments, firstly I didn't personally call you a troll, secondly the club has to have a licence now otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to open. The bar prices are very cheap too, club prices are inline with other clubs and membership has gone up £5 hardly expensive. Pleasures is a lot smaller and takes fewer people to fill it and accomodation is very limited. I'm sure you have a great time there and that's great but no need for you to pour scorn on another venue, maybe that's a bit spiteful I think.

Wishing you well and hope you have a good weekend.

"

Dover

Thank you for your comments, firstly I didn't personally call you a troll, secondly the club has to have a licence now otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to open. The bar prices are very cheap too, club prices are inline with other clubs and membership has gone up £5 hardly expensive. Pleasures is a lot smaller and takes fewer people to fill it and accomodation is very limited. I'm sure you have a great time there and that's great but no need for you to pour scorn on another venue, maybe that's a bit spiteful I think.

"

By *g1979Man  over a year ago

bexley

Weve been a few times since the club reopened and it's been a little disappointing to say the least.

Zero activity in the play room, hardly anyone dancing.

Hoping it picks up soon.

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

Wow that escalated quickly! Personally we are not disgruntled ex members- we only ever went in the daytime for the sunbathing. However post lockdown we did consider it but found the attitude of the new management just a bit aggressive and strange (not willing to show photos unless you joined. Criticising fab users). We wished them luck in their new venture and were met with abuse including that they were not looking for new members and that the improvements had been made for their “existing valued members.”

Now I see they have posted that they are getting between 8 and 10 new members every day. We find that a bit of a stretch but whatever.

We certainly won’t be visiting now but like we do to every lifestyle club we wish them all the best.

Kent

"

You may want to check where you get your information as I personally didn’t name the other club

But now you have mentioned it

The floor space of the other club is twice the size of Eureka

Has 4 times the amount of rooms

Accommodation on site but you do need to book in advance as these are sold out quick

And did I mention the heated inside pool .

We know people that still attended Eureka now and they have said it would not before us at this point as the numbers are not there so we would not enjoy it as the truth of it we don’t really class ourselves as swingers more like party people

But like we said it’s always great to have other venues to attend to make a change

Have a great weekend

Dover

You may want to check where you get your information as I personally didn’t name the other club

But now you have mentioned it

The floor space of the other club is twice the size of Eureka

Has 4 times the amount of rooms

Accommodation on site but you do need to book in advance as these are sold out quick

And did I mention the heated inside pool .

We know people that still attended Eureka now and they have said it would not before us at this point as the numbers are not there so we would not enjoy it as the truth of it we don’t really class ourselves as swingers more like party people

But like we said it’s always great to have other venues to attend to make a change

Have a great weekend

"

Well it wasn't rocket science to be honest, any way I didn't mention all the facilities Eureka has and not going to compare the two in detail and end up in a pissing competition. I'm sure some will enjoy one or the other or even both.

It's Halloween so stay safe and have lots of fun too.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Good thread. We went mainly to the bi nights before covid or on a sunny Sunday afternoon. As a bisexual couple we only ever encountered friendliness and a warm welcome from all the staff. Something that is very lacking in this thread and is really quite off-putting for a return visit after the last couple of years.

Dover

"Good thread. We went mainly to the bi nights before covid or on a sunny Sunday afternoon. As a bisexual couple we only ever encountered friendliness and a warm welcome from all the staff. Something that is very lacking in this thread and is really quite off-putting for a return visit after the last couple of years."

Don't be put off by the negativity and you will find Eureka to be a fun happy place to visit especially on a lovely summer's day.

By *ssexcouple99Couple  over a year ago

brentwood

Hi All, we have been a few times over the summer & loved our times at Eurekas. We have meet the new owners (they are lovely people) we will definitely be back next summer. We would like to try another one of the parties but the only issue we have is cost. We tried to attend on Saturday night (unexpected rare kid free evening) i called the club to find out if we could attend & the cost, it was £90, £25 each membership as ours have expired + £40 entrance fee. I know the membership last for a year etc & i am sure we will get one for next summer as we love our days at Eurekas but £90 to try one of the parties was just to much :- in the end we eneded up having a great evening at another Club but would have prefered to have been at Eurekas.

One suggestion we would like to make is when you sign up to be a member you get entrance to 1 party or 1 day pass with each membership sold. This way you dont get hit for the membership & entrance in one go as that can put people off. We think This will encourage people (especially couples) to give the club a try, i am sure once people have been once they will definitely be back for more

Just to be clear we love Eurekas & would encourage anyone to give it a try

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

We are all in a minority whatever we call ourselves so perhaps we should all stick together and be nice to each other.

"

Would that include not attacking people for having an opinion?

Chislehurst

In your 1st paragraph you accused ex members who have a criticism of being homophobic & racists.

In your last paragraph your suggesting everyone be nice.

kent

"Just for the record there seems to be a an agenda of negativity about Eureka on this site, probably started by ex members who don't like the new direction the club has taken in embracing all races and sexual preferences. Unlike the way the club was previously run with an attitude of racism and transphobic and aggressive policy's. Stricter rules now apply and everything is run properly and meets local authority and government guidelines, where the club was losing money and maintenance was neglected for a long period of time.

Improvements are on going and promoting the club to all the swinging and naturist community to include the gay and trans community as well.

Maybe some should refrain from being judgmental and visit the club with an open mind and enjoy a warm welcome plus have a good time and know they can enjoy the club and facilities in complete safety.

Apologies to anyone who feels put out or upset, but patience wears thin with the constant sniping and negitive comments from some that enjoy the game.

"

At no point was anything mentioned about who attends now as opposed to previous, however you are completely right about the previous owner & staff ( the new owners where there though when it was going on?)

My point is that it’s too expensive for a night out & as a single female I want to see single men there…. Now it would appear that rules are being eased to suit their pockets, myself & my friends used to bring lots of customers to their door, they ( Stuart & Carrie Anne) were very rude to us when we were asking for single guys to be able to come along, so you see this has nothing to do with past negativity or sticking up for the previous owner just personal facts

Dover

As usual this has become very one sided and judgemental, so I shall just let others make their own mind up.

Wow glad I dnt go anymore if this sort of person is going. Bit like old times. You were taught well. Lol

Don't talk in riddles please, can you explain this remark."

I dnt talk in riddles or need to explain myself I think your messages say it all. The staff were well known for rudeness. Nothing new there and yours arent much better

Dover

Don't talk in riddles please, can you explain this remark.

I dnt talk in riddles or need to explain myself I think your messages say it all. The staff were well known for rudeness. Nothing new there and yours arent much better"

So who is attacking who, I'm confused.

By *weetheartsCouple  over a year ago

Kent

[Removed by poster at 26/10/21 18:44:16]

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

All I can say is that we were enthusiastic and fairly regular attendees. We always booked a cabin so we didn't have to drive home.

The fact that you could take your own drink into the club house was great.

Since this has now ceased, we've relocated to Silverleigh.

Of course business is business and owners can employ whatever model that they think will make the best income, and charging for drinks might be a winner. I don't know, and I'm not criticising as it's a legitimate business decision.

However, we cannot be the only previous regulars who have been put off, and other people who feel the same have taken their custom elsewhere.

Eureka will need to replace those regulars with new ones who are willing to accept the new ways of doing things.

Somehow, I think they might regret losing their regulars.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I dnt talk in riddles or need to explain myself I think your messages say it all. The staff were well known for rudeness. Nothing new there and yours arent much better

So who is attacking who, I'm confused. "

To be fair, you have been rude so it is more of a statement. Your posts are really not doing the club any favours.

If you want to join in on these threads maybe let people have their view without attacking people for it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't goad mods to ban you by continually attacking people as they will and the only thing it will have anything to do with is what you are typing ( posts removed )

By *weetheartsCouple  over a year ago

Kent

Sat here, reading , giggling .

By *obbiepaulMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

I do think the club has lost its way, if you go on the Facebook page fill in the online survey

By *ngel and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Dover

Wow, why did we just read all those threads?

We were going to just get an update on Eureka, was all that above necessary?

We WERE previously members, and yes we were put off by joining online. (personal choice, so please don't abuse us).

We always found it a pleasant place, the staff were great. Maybe some of the hangers on were dubious (men allowed free entry but did chours).

Going forward we are pleased that EVERYONE feels free to attend, that everyone is catered for. (although we never witnessed anything phobic before), but let's embrace everyone.

We only occasionally pop to clubs during the day, so if you can now get silver membership on arrival we will rejoin.

Fingers crossed later this week.

Q) Do we have to turn up with photos or a m general form, or is it all done on arrival?

Now please everyone be nice.

And good luck to the new owners.

Remember the freedom this place offers, the pandemic stripped us of so many things, enjoy these things while we can.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Doing a great job of promoting the club in this thread!

Kent

"

I think you missed read my comments

Our comments were regarding the cost and we agree that £ 40 for entry for silver members on a Saturday night is not over expensive plus the cost of an overnight stay is reasonable

But we think for us the £50 per membership for the year for a couple and the cost of the payed bar has now made our vist a lot more expensive

As we stated we are more party people than swingers so for us to pay for our drinks at there bar prices would easily put another £150 on our night so would now take our cost in the region £250 per night , that’s alot of money if you like to go out at least two Saturday month ,

Things change we get that and as said we don’t do the politics shit of what went on before it’s none of our business and Stuart and Carrie know that , well we like to think they do

But if you increase costs by that amount then you need to offer some sort of value for people to be willing to at the extra costs .

Eureka has always been about the atmosphere the party and the people and hopefully it will carry on that way as we spent some of our best nights there in the beginning of this journey

I probably came across rude but your comments regarding the old Eureka having some element of homophobic and rassit is so far from the truth as this got my back up as we know a lot of people that went there and in no way was these people like that , too the fact that at our wedding we had at least 80 people who went from Eureka of old and our very personal friend who is now trans Gender if you want to class her as that , we see her as a women and a rather hot one as well the said people all made her feel welcome at the club and our wedding ,

Maybe with out sounding rude think before you message and we should do the same,

Eureka has been there for over 50 years and we hope it is there for another 50 years

But I think when the club went down the line of a payed bar it changed it for a lot of people ,

Have a fun weekend as it’s the biggest party weekend for all clubs this weekend and stay safe .

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

We've actually bitten the bullet and rejoined to attend the Halloween party on Saturday.

We agree the initial outlay is pretty expensive, (especially as a couple), we are also not keen on the end on the BYOB policy, but as previous (pre-lockdown) semi-regular members, we had some really enjoyable nights there.

We are hoping Saturday does not disappoint.

We have no affiliation to the club, and so will post an unbiased review on here (in the reviews section) on Sunday/early next week

[Removed by poster at 27/10/21 09:06:23]

As in years gone by, the "party hosts" are doing eureka no favours with their forum posts. It's all good to have an opinion, but being confrontational and rude really isn't going to encourage people to come to the friendly and inclusive club eureka claims it is.

And for anyone who is attending, you'd best take your 200 quid cash with you - the club posted on Facebook yesterday that their card machine often doesn't work because of lack of internet signal, so you'll be sent off to find a cash machine if you haven't got enough in notes.

I think it's it's real shame that all the constructive feedback given to Stuart and Carrie at the start has fallen on deaf ears. Lots of us that used to have great nights out at eureka wanted the new updated club to succeed and be a fun party venue. But with all the everchanging rules, price hikes (pretty much discouraging single men from attending, which is what a lot of us look for) and lack of courtesy from owners and staff, I now see loads of old eureka faces at other venues, with everyone being clear that they won't be returning to eureka. Reputation and word of mouth is so important.

kent

"As in years gone by, the "party hosts" are doing eureka no favours with their forum posts. It's all good to have an opinion, but being confrontational and rude really isn't going to encourage people to come to the friendly and inclusive club eureka claims it is.

And for anyone who is attending, you'd best take your 200 quid cash with you - the club posted on Facebook yesterday that their card machine often doesn't work because of lack of internet signal, so you'll be sent off to find a cash machine if you haven't got enough in notes.

I think it's it's real shame that all the constructive feedback given to Stuart and Carrie at the start has fallen on deaf ears. Lots of us that used to have great nights out at eureka wanted the new updated club to succeed and be a fun party venue. But with all the everchanging rules, price hikes (pretty much discouraging single men from attending, which is what a lot of us look for) and lack of courtesy from owners and staff, I now see loads of old eureka faces at other venues, with everyone being clear that they won't be returning to eureka. Reputation and word of mouth is so important."

Absolutely…. Well said

By *ark choc333Man  over a year ago

around

Like wow what a battle lol

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

".. as for people sleeping in their cars ….. they always did, that’s nothing new"

Any shagger worth their salt either already has a car you can sleep in or else is planning on getting one.

[Removed by poster at 27/10/21 16:58:49]

No wonder why clubs in the midlands and up North do so well.

"As in years gone by, the "party hosts" are doing eureka no favours with their forum posts. It's all good to have an opinion, but being confrontational and rude really isn't going to encourage people to come to the friendly and inclusive club eureka claims it is.

I think it's it's real shame that all the constructive feedback given to Stuart and Carrie at the start has fallen on deaf ears. Lots of us that used to have great nights out at eureka wanted the new updated club to succeed and be a fun party venue. But with all the everchanging rules, price hikes (pretty much discouraging single men from attending, which is what a lot of us look for) and lack of courtesy from owners and staff, I now see loads of old eureka faces at other venues, with everyone being clear that they won't be returning to eureka. Reputation and word of mouth is so important."

Very well said. I used to love Eureka it was my little haven to escape but sadly non of my friends go and with prices changing it is not possible. Sad as it was a great little gold mine

around

I’m going to give the club a chance I went years ago for my birthday and had a good time was a interracial party so let’s see

kent

"I’m going to give the club a chance I went years ago for my birthday and had a good time was a interracial party so let’s see "

Are you going as a guest of class decadence?

Therefore bypassing the membership rules & regulations & expense

I'll be attending this Saturday for the first since Covid outbreak. Class Decadence is an opportunity to attend and see the changes for myself as a previous long standing gold member, in fact it's a no brainer really. Try before committing to full membership.

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

Old London Town

Like some others in this thread, we were regulars until the first lockdown and went when we could last autumn.

We've always loved our days and evenings there, but at a time when our income has shrunk we could only go out about once every 6 weeks if we only ever went to Eurekas now.

As others have said they are making decisions that are changing the club from how it was pre-covid. Why doesn't particularly matter. The effects may well do. Like some we have talked directly with Carrie and wished them all the best.

People look for different things from different venues and as long as Eurekas has a great core of members (and we hope it does) we're sure it will flourish.

Our community needs choice and capacity. Club's closing won't do us any favours. So again we wish them all the best as without them we wouldn't have had the fabulous help and support that we did when we started out.

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

I am attending the Halloween event tomorrow night, so I will judge for myself.

around

Erm if I answer that people will know I might be there tomorrow no comment lol

By *inkandpeterCouple  over a year ago

kent

By *inkandpeterCouple  over a year ago

kent

around

Eureka gets a thumbs up from me

By *aldyman500Man  over a year ago

Enfield

I think you missed read my comments

Our comments were regarding the cost and we agree that £ 40 for entry for silver members on a Saturday night is not over expensive plus the cost of an overnight stay is reasonable

But we think for us the £50 per membership for the year for a couple and the cost of the payed bar has now made our vist a lot more expensive

As we stated we are more party people than swingers so for us to pay for our drinks at there bar prices would easily put another £150 on our night so would now take our cost in the region £250 per night , that’s alot of money if you like to go out at least two Saturday month ,

Things change we get that and as said we don’t do the politics shit of what went on before it’s none of our business and Stuart and Carrie know that , well we like to think they do

But if you increase costs by that amount then you need to offer some sort of value for people to be willing to at the extra costs .

Eureka has always been about the atmosphere the party and the people and hopefully it will carry on that way as we spent some of our best nights there in the beginning of this journey

I probably came across rude but your comments regarding the old Eureka having some element of homophobic and rassit is so far from the truth as this got my back up as we know a lot of people that went there and in no way was these people like that , too the fact that at our wedding we had at least 80 people who went from Eureka of old and our very personal friend who is now trans Gender if you want to class her as that , we see her as a women and a rather hot one as well the said people all made her feel welcome at the club and our wedding ,

Maybe with out sounding rude think before you message and we should do the same,

Eureka has been there for over 50 years and we hope it is there for another 50 years

But I think when the club went down the line of a payed bar it changed it for a lot of people ,

Have a fun weekend as it’s the biggest party weekend for all clubs this weekend and stay safe .

"

Yes you say it’s been established over 50 years I was taken as a child to a lovely naturist club but sadly most true naturists have moved away from clubs that have encouraged swingers and openly sexual behaviour

By *enksMan  over a year ago

hereford

If the cabins are full and you want to stay the night where exactly are you expecting to stay other than your car unless you have a caravan?

By *nowleopard77Man  over a year ago

London

Eureka post covid sucks

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"If the cabins are full and you want to stay the night where exactly are you expecting to stay other than your car unless you have a caravan?"

What about driving to a hotel ?

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

I've been following these threads with interest. I used to be an occasional visitor. A spur of the moment when time was freed up and during the day.

TBH, the funding mechanism has to change, I could not see how they could have turned a profit or made a living out of the place. And it showed.

A number of changes are welcome, i.e. decent food (a cheap banger and beans was never something I would purchase there). Being a licensed premise means they have more control over how much people drink.

However a venue lives and dies by it's reputation.

Communication could have been a lot better, explaining actual reasons for changes early on, being honest about the direction they want to take, the kind of clientele they want to attract.

However what has put me off, is what I hear in other clubs about general rudeness for minor transgressions, i.e. finishing a sandwich in the car. Rather than a polite, sorry you can't have that here, they are met with a F*#£ off. Now I don't know both sides of the story but I have heard a number of similar ones. And some of the responses on here have not been exactly polite. I work for a company that probably gets more flack than most, but you have to grit your teeth, smile and carry on and not retaliate.

By *oyeur for youMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

So how was the Halloween party. Let's get some feedback

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

"Hi All, we have been a few times over the summer & loved our times at Eurekas. We have meet the new owners (they are lovely people) we will definitely be back next summer. We would like to try another one of the parties but the only issue we have is cost. We tried to attend on Saturday night (unexpected rare kid free evening) i called the club to find out if we could attend & the cost, it was £90, £25 each membership as ours have expired + £40 entrance fee. I know the membership last for a year etc & i am sure we will get one for next summer as we love our days at Eurekas but £90 to try one of the parties was just to much :- in the end we eneded up having a great evening at another Club but would have prefered to have been at Eurekas.

One suggestion we would like to make is when you sign up to be a member you get entrance to 1 party or 1 day pass with each membership sold. This way you dont get hit for the membership & entrance in one go as that can put people off. We think This will encourage people (especially couples) to give the club a try, i am sure once people have been once they will definitely be back for more

Just to be clear we love Eurekas & would encourage anyone to give it a try "

Like you we are in same boat, £50 just to join when was already a member that didn’t get to use it all because of covid shutting club then entrance fee then you have to buy booze from bar and no guarantee of a busy night as keep hearing horror story’s of it being dead! So potentially £200 night to potentially sit alone!

Incidentally we did message the owners to see if we could join on the door on the night and go Halloween as that would of been the busiest night and still waiting for an answer hence never got to go anyway!

If joining was cheaper or free imagine the revenue they’d get from door money and bar with all the extra foot fall and also busier it gets more people go!

Trouble is what about al the people who have now paid £50? We I guess they cold all get one free entrance to compensate them so they wouldn’t have to pay any money out and also would encourage them to come enjoy a free party night and put even more money behind the bar! It’s all just simple business really!

So where did you end up going?

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

"So how was the Halloween party. Let's get some feedback "

So I went as a non member through club decadence, which brought a different crowd. The club it’s self was nice enough. Although I felt the bar was a bit expensive (£1.70 for a can of tango as i was driving) the regular DJ definitely catered

To the older crowd and wasn’t my cup of tea but the regulars seem to enjoy him. The guest DJ played more music to my taste but his constant need to jump from 1 song to the next every 30-45 seconds made it difficult to dance to. The new dance floor layout makes it easier to dance but seating was very limited

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

"So how was the Halloween party. Let's get some feedback

So I went as a non member through club decadence, which brought a different crowd. The club it’s self was nice enough. Although I felt the bar was a bit expensive (£1.70 for a can of tango as i was driving) the regular DJ definitely catered

To the older crowd and wasn’t my cup of tea but the regulars seem to enjoy him. The guest DJ played more music to my taste but his constant need to jump from 1 song to the next every 30-45 seconds made it difficult to dance to. The new dance floor layout makes it easier to dance but seating was very limited "

£1.70 for a can of Tango, I'm sorry but that's a rip off. So how much is a vodka & ?

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

We went too

£3 for a standard shot, £4.50 for a premium shot (not including mixers)

We agree with the previous post... The guest dj played 30secs of each song before switching a new one/different genre. We are normally on the dancefloor for much of the night, but quickly gave up

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

"We went too

£3 for a standard shot, £4.50 for a premium shot (not including mixers)

We agree with the previous post... The guest dj played 30secs of each song before switching a new one/different genre. We are normally on the dancefloor for much of the night, but quickly gave up "

So a premium vodka & is £6.20?

Here are some of the drink prices

£1.50 for diet

£1.80 for full sugar drinks which is a tax from the gov for the extra .30p

Spirit are at

£3.50 for single £6 for doubles

Premium spirits

£4.50 for single £7 for doubles

No extra for mixers

Shots starting from £2.50 each

Bedford

"Here are some of the drink prices

£1.50 for diet

Spirit are at

Premium spirits

No extra for mixers

Shots starting from £2.50 each"

Is it £1.50 for a 330ml can or 500/600ml bottle, please?

£1.50 for diet

Spirit are at

Premium spirits

No extra for mixers

Is it £1.50 for a 330ml can or 500/600ml bottle, please? "

A 330ml Can

Bedford

£1.50 for diet

Spirit are at

Premium spirits

No extra for mixers

Is it £1.50 for a 330ml can or 500/600ml bottle, please?

A 330ml Can"

Thank you.

around

[Removed by poster at 04/11/21 20:53:06]

around

"So how was the Halloween party. Let's get some feedback "

I had a really good time and so did my friend people dancing music playing and there was a few people having naughty fun was a good night defo go back

By *ease and Please 80Man  over a year ago

Dover

Agreed

By *andemanMan  over a year ago

bedforshire

"Just for the record there seems to be a an agenda of negativity about Eureka on this site, probably started by ex members who don't like the new direction the club has taken in embracing all races and sexual preferences. Unlike the way the club was previously run with an attitude of racism and transphobic and aggressive policy's. Stricter rules now apply and everything is run properly and meets local authority and government guidelines, where the club was losing money and maintenance was neglected for a long period of time.

"

Sorry i am late to the party.

But a friend pointed this thread out to me just now.

I have to say i never experienced any bigotry at Eurekas under the old regime. I have had loads of guy sex there seen lots of open gay men and Bi Woman playing at the spread of a leg.

I Played with couples and male staff and seen several trannies as well.

As for Racism i will leave that to my black friends who have been there with me and separately to comment. Mind you if they had suggested any such thing to me i would have left and never come back!

Iam sorry you had a bad experience in the past and i do not doubt thats your honest experience. However as a Bi man it was not the Experience i had.

As for the whole business of change of management given the circumstances of how it came about, its in very poor taste to comment on peoples personal relationships on here.

I don't like the online membership or some of the more dictatorial rule changes, like you can't bring your own food, use to love a picknik on the lawn.

Thats all folks.

Hythe

I have to say i never experienced any bigotry at Eurekas under the old regime. I have had loads of guy sex there seen lots of open gay men and Bi Woman playing at the spread of a leg.

As for Racism i will leave that to my black friends who have been there with me and separately to comment. Mind you if they had suggested any such thing to me i would have left and never come back!

Iam sorry you had a bad experience in the past and i do not doubt thats your honest experience. However as a Bi man it was not the Experience i had.

As for the whole business of change of management given the circumstances of how it came about, its in very poor taste to comment on peoples personal relationships on here.

I don't like the online membership or some of the more dictatorial rule changes, like you can't bring your own food, use to love a picknik on the lawn.

Thats all folks.

"

Why is it in poor taste? Any customer of any business is entitled to know as much information about that business as they need to make an informed decision. The relationships between the owners have been a contributing factor for several people on whether they renew or don’t renew their membership. Where else but on a forum would they find that information?

bedforshire

Thats all folks.

Why is it in poor taste? Any customer of any business is entitled to know as much information about that business as they need to make an informed decision. The relationships between the owners have been a contributing factor for several people on whether they renew or don’t renew their membership. Where else but on a forum would they find that information?"

The vast majority of companies would rightly say that the private life of their owners was no one else's business so long as it was legal.

The relationship between a husband and wife even in our world is a private matter and unless the parties themselves choose to publish the details of that, its poor taste for others to speculate on it.

You and your spouse would rightly object if it was your relationship being dissected on this forum. (Love the look of you mind great photos) we should extend the same curtesy to them. Of all people who understand the complexity of such relationships we swingers should be amongst the most understanding and the least judgmental.

Hythe

Thats all folks.

Why is it in poor taste? Any customer of any business is entitled to know as much information about that business as they need to make an informed decision. The relationships between the owners have been a contributing factor for several people on whether they renew or don’t renew their membership. Where else but on a forum would they find that information?

The vast majority of companies would rightly say that the private life of their owners was no one else's business so long as it was legal.

The relationship between a husband and wife even in our world is a private matter and unless the parties themselves choose to publish the details of that, its poor taste for others to speculate on it.

You and your spouse would rightly object if it was your relationship being dissected on this forum. (Love the look of you mind great photos) we should extend the same curtesy to them. Of all people who understand the complexity of such relationships we swingers should be amongst the most understanding and the least judgmental. "

Of course everyone’s entitled to a private life but that private life spilled over into the club for all to see and it had a direct effect on the running of the club and the interaction with its members so obviously it’s going to be discussed!

That’s totally different to idle gossip about people’s private relationship

By *oyeur for youMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

I have no idea about the couple private life nor do I want to. Its eureka and the future of the club that this should be about.

There private life is exactly that.private.

bedforshire

"I have no idea about the couple private life nor do I want to. Its eureka and the future of the club that this should be about.

There private life is exactly that.private."

» Add a new message to this topic