FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Eureka's - who’s going ?

Eureka's - who’s going ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who here will be going to Eureka's when it opens ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nonymousSwingerMan  over a year ago

cambridge

Is it known when it’s opening up yet?

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 17/04/21 10:36:58]

Colchester

We will go once it opens again for the naked sunbathing on a warm day. The grounds are a real sun trap and so spacious.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We’re going when it opens mainly to wander about the grounds enjoying being free and naked again. You never know what might happen along the way though

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

We will go once the pool is heated!

Nah, not for us anymore sadly.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

If the weather is good and the cost isn't too high, we may go back.

If it is raining and expensive, we will find our fun elsewhere.

We will be going back.

We love day visits.

By the pool and naked sunbathing down the meadow.

Weather permitting of course

By *arbour couplsCouple  over a year ago

ramsgate

We will save up and go in a few years time maybe

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"We will go once the pool is heated! "

How long can you hold your breath

brighton

"Nah, not for us anymore sadly. "

Another disgruntled regular

By *etermariaMan  over a year ago

maidstone

No we won’t either we will be at pleasures from now on xx hope you two are ok xx

"Nah, not for us anymore sadly.

Another disgruntled regular "

Actually 7 years as customer, volunteer, party host and staff member, but hey, clearly you know us better than we know ourselves...

By *leanor1717Woman  over a year ago

Gillingham

Actually 7 years as customer, volunteer, party host and staff member, but hey, clearly you know us better than we know ourselves... "

You guys are as loyal as they come, as are LippyLips and I, but the changes are not going to make single men as welcome, and they are our favourite! We love Eureka, felt at home there and free to be ourselves, but the people and atmosphere make the place and it certainly won't have the same vibe from what we can see. Going to try other clubs for daytimes and nighttimes this year, hopefully we will see you at them! love you guys xx

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

PDI for now

No we won’t either we will be at pleasures from now on xx hope you two are ok xx"

Not going to rule out going, but it’s certainly not our no.1 choice anymore. Hoping to get to bump into our friends at other places.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Always wanted to go so once it's open and things have calmed down a bit ill arrange a trip down for sure.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

What changes may I ask?

By *immyleaMan  over a year ago

Derby

I've always wanted to attend Eureka, but in all my 24 years on the scene so far, it's the one club that's continuously eluded me. Primarily because I don't drive, and I know that a car is required in order to reach its location. Plus, these days I don't even live remotely near the South, so that's an added problem. Yet in a strange way, all this has made me even more curious as to what it's like.

By *he weekend coupleCouple  over a year ago

bromley

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 15:18:33]

By *he weekend coupleCouple  over a year ago

bromley

Actually 7 years as customer, volunteer, party host and staff member, but hey, clearly you know us better than we know ourselves... "

That told them haha

I'm usually go to silver leagh

It's much more comfortable because of the rooms

"I've always wanted to attend Eureka, but in all my 24 years on the scene so far, it's the one club that's continuously eluded me. Primarily because I don't drive, and I know that a car is required in order to reach its location. Plus, these days I don't even live remotely near the South, so that's an added problem. Yet in a strange way, all this has made me even more curious as to what it's like."

There is a train station close to the club and the local taxi drivers know exactly where they are if that helps

We have been going for 12 years so we are curious as to what changes they have made.

Only then would it be fair to decide weather to continue going given the price changes

By *immyleaMan  over a year ago

Derby

"I've always wanted to attend Eureka, but in all my 24 years on the scene so far, it's the one club that's continuously eluded me. Primarily because I don't drive, and I know that a car is required in order to reach its location. Plus, these days I don't even live remotely near the South, so that's an added problem. Yet in a strange way, all this has made me even more curious as to what it's like.

There is a train station close to the club and the local taxi drivers know exactly where they are if that helps "

Oh, I was always led to believe there weren't any trains nearby! What's the station called?

By *omvampmMan  over a year ago

gillingham

Been on scene on off for years yer we’re welcome there as a couple but went as single and didn’t feel welcome some friends said it will be less welcoming now well if and when the clubs open again my local choice will be pleasures as much friendlier and welcoming wether I go alone or with partner always enjoyed it there and and good atmosphere so I guess after all that waffle answers no lol

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I have never been but I am thinking of going during the day I believe there is a train from Victoria to a station nearby by then a 5-10 minute cab.When I have a rough idea of the day I will contact the owner and find out the cost of a one off visit or silver membership which on a previous thread I believe is £25 for a single guy.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

They can shove it up their proverbials!

By *arbour couplsCouple  over a year ago

ramsgate

Ditto from us as well ...I do hope when they reopen they get some staff who know how to treat paying customers...not just a night out with there special /clicky friends

gillingham

"Ditto from us as well ...I do hope when they reopen they get some staff who know how to treat paying customers...not just a night out with there special /clicky friends"

Yes clicky is very accurate

By *owhambamMan  over a year ago

clacton

Well I had the pleasure of meeting you both there and had wondered after all the reports if you would be returning. Hope your let us know where best to attend now it’s been slaughtered.

By *tickyPollCouple  over a year ago

Dartford

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 21:39:54]

Dartford

"I've always wanted to attend Eureka, but in all my 24 years on the scene so far, it's the one club that's continuously eluded me. Primarily because I don't drive, and I know that a car is required in order to reach its location. Plus, these days I don't even live remotely near the South, so that's an added problem. Yet in a strange way, all this has made me even more curious as to what it's like.

There is a train station close to the club and the local taxi drivers know exactly where they are if that helps

Oh, I was always led to believe there weren't any trains nearby! What's the station called?"

Dartford

Oh, I was always led to believe there weren't any trains nearby! What's the station called?"

Longfield near Dartford

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

That's a real shame

You guys was real friendly, remember on loads of occasions you lightened the mood n helped us make friends (quite difficult if your face isn't known)

Been thinking of going back to see what the place is like now as not been for a while, not sure we would be welcome back thought

Longfield Station is only a short taxi ride from the club.

Don't get us wrong, BTW, whilst we may not be going back, we would not discourage others from going. The grounds and pool are lovely and can't be beaten during a hot, summers day.

brighton

Oh, I was always led to believe there weren't any trains nearby! What's the station called?

Longfield Station is only a short taxi ride from the club.

Don't get us wrong, BTW, whilst we may not be going back, we would not discourage others from going. The grounds and pool are lovely and can't be beaten during a hot, summers day. "

We are in agreement with you can be a great place but we have our reasons for not returning .

Also you guys were the first people we spoke to on our first visit and gave us a tour which made us feel welcome and at ease on our first ever club. XX

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm usually go to silver leagh

It's much more comfortable because of the rooms"

The rooms at silverleigh aren't comfortable at all. Try Pleasures then you will see what a good play room is like. X

By *haredMan  over a year ago

Southminster

Sorry to hear, its the regulars that made the place for us, I feel sure in particular the pair of you will be missed, you always tried very hard to put people at ease there.

Definitely be going when suns out

Sorry to hear, its the regulars that made the place for us, I feel sure in particular the pair of you will be missed, you always tried very hard to put people at ease there."

Thank you

Actually 7 years as customer, volunteer, party host and staff member, but hey, clearly you know us better than we know ourselves...

You guys are as loyal as they come, as are LippyLips and I, but the changes are not going to make single men as welcome, and they are our favourite! We love Eureka, felt at home there and free to be ourselves, but the people and atmosphere make the place and it certainly won't have the same vibe from what we can see. Going to try other clubs for daytimes and nighttimes this year, hopefully we will see you at them! love you guys xx"

Awe, thanks chick. Yeah, it's a shame that the single guys are being priced out of the place.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We will, for naturist days rather than party nights.

Hadley Wood

"Ditto from us as well ...I do hope when they reopen they get some staff who know how to treat paying customers...not just a night out with there special /clicky friends"

This was always a problem with this club.

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Maybe

By *ipplebarnyMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Eureka has always been special me many great days there but I fear it will now be priced out of my budget as I can only get there 1 or 2 times a year we will see

By *lenn FairlightMan  over a year ago

East Kent

Sad to hear about the changes.

Not ruling out the odd daytime while my silver membership lasts (until August, assuming they are honouring those?), but not sure beyond that.

The high pricing seems such a shame as, despite its faults, it always made for perfect escapism and I had some great times and met some great people there.

Well new management, new staff so maybe you'll get what you want.

However, I would be careful what you wish for.......

By *verlast80Man  over a year ago

London

I've been to Eureka more times than I can remember, but I think it's time to find a new place. I've been hearing great things about Pleasures.

Colchester

"I've been to Eureka more times than I can remember, but I think it's time to find a new place. I've been hearing great things about Pleasures."

Single guys were only allowed on a Friday night so nowhere near as accessible to single guys as Eureka's. So will be interesting to see what limits they have on daytime visits.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

We've been fairly frequent visitors to Eureka but I've noticed the retrograde policy on not allowing you to bring your own drinks into the club house, and that would make any visit rather more expensive overall.

I haven't looked fully into the new pricing structure. We always go as a couple.

There are lots of people above saying that they will now stop going there, but what are the actual reasons that people appear to be abandoning Eureka. Can somebody explain what other negative changes are since it came under new ownership?

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

It look to me that they have a different vision for the place. Looking for a different clientele,

By *otwifeHusbandCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

"I've always wanted to attend Eureka, but in all my 24 years on the scene so far, it's the one club that's continuously eluded me. Primarily because I don't drive, and I know that a car is required in order to reach its location. Plus, these days I don't even live remotely near the South, so that's an added problem. Yet in a strange way, all this has made me even more curious as to what it's like."

Tbh stayed one night. Just before end of season

Very rundown and dated in my view. Patio area and other bits just to tatty to enjoy. Very clicky and not made very welcome.

First time was last time.

Only plus was had a good night. Lol.

Never been to a club befor so mite go once open agains a stay over as dont drive and see what its like as love walk round naked n watch people naked

They seem to have removed (or forgotten to add) the new entry prices to their website. I used to attend eureka regularly and introduced lots of new girls and guys to the club, many of whom then went on to attend regularly for regularly for good night out.

Guys run a mile at the idea of spending 30 or 40 quid entrance, let alone 75 plus a 25 quid membership charge. No wonder 99% of men on fab never venture to a club and prefer to just try for "meets" via the site.

It would be a real shame if single guys are priced out of attending, as they are the ones many single ladies are hunting for, and if you don't have the guys attending, the ladies won't come either.

I will be choosing to party elsewhere personally - a night at a club is a treat (and comes with hotel, petrol and club costs) and an empty club with a distinct lack of men just isn't what I am after.

"They seem to have removed (or forgotten to add) the new entry prices to their website. I used to attend eureka regularly and introduced lots of new girls and guys to the club, many of whom then went on to attend regularly for regularly for good night out.

Guys run a mile at the idea of spending 30 or 40 quid entrance, let alone 75 plus a 25 quid membership charge. No wonder 99% of men on fab never venture to a club and prefer to just try for "meets" via the site.

It would be a real shame if single guys are priced out of attending, as they are the ones many single ladies are hunting for, and if you don't have the guys attending, the ladies won't come either.

I will be choosing to party elsewhere personally - a night at a club is a treat (and comes with hotel, petrol and club costs) and an empty club with a distinct lack of men just isn't what I am after.

"

Yer does sound a lot off money plus i never been befor so how do i know i will went to go back

"They seem to have removed (or forgotten to add) the new entry prices to their website. I used to attend eureka regularly and introduced lots of new girls and guys to the club, many of whom then went on to attend regularly for regularly for good night out.

"

couldnt agree more,£100 just to walk in and if you stay there another £50/60.they can keep it!

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I went to Eureka one day a week during the last 2 summers (2018/9 weekend day) and loved it. Even if I hadn't moved (right on the doorstep of VA and Jaydees) I doubt I'd go back either. As I drive there, I would take a 2 ltr bottle of squash and I would take a picnic to share with my friends who I would meet there... the £'s start to rack up and again, trying to milk the single guy cash cow... nah... keep it. Lovely grounds but nah

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"I went to Eureka one day a week during the last 2 summers (2018/9 weekend day) and loved it. Even if I hadn't moved (right on the doorstep of VA and Jaydees) I doubt I'd go back either. As I drive there, I would take a 2 ltr bottle of squash and I would take a picnic to share with my friends who I would meet there... the £'s start to rack up and again, trying to milk the single guy cash cow... nah... keep it. Lovely grounds but nah"

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"

Amen sister

Gillingham

"

this 100% x

By *ora 123Man  over a year ago

Basildon

this 100% x"

How much is it then

East Sussex

"Never been to a club befor so mite go once open agains a stay over as dont drive and see what its like as love walk round naked n watch people naked "

You need a realistic view on clubs....most aren't naturist and don't allow much nudity. You won't see much nudity in the bar at pleasures

East Sussex

this 100% x

How much is it then"

Pleasures always was £40 for single guys on Friday. Couples £30 and single girls free.

Saturdays £30 for couples, £15 for single girls, no single guys

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 00:16:01]

Hadley Wood

Tbh stayed one night. Just before end of season

Very rundown and dated in my view. Patio area and other bits just to tatty to enjoy. Very clicky and not made very welcome.

First time was last time.

Only plus was had a good night. Lol. "

Had some wonderful times here. My first experience of swinging. Will miss it very much but will never be the same again

Seems like the pool won’t be reopening until it has been fully refurbished. Word on the street is, it’s been condemned by the council.

The rooms at silverleigh aren't comfortable at all. Try Pleasures then you will see what a good play room is like. X"

Silverleigh is very basic but you get what you pay for, had many fun nights at Pleasures x

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

Wonder what the impact on Silverleigh will be though. Will it be overrun by single guys? Eureka due to it's side could take absorb it, but Silverleigh is just too small.

Gillingham

"Wonder what the impact on Silverleigh will be though. Will it be overrun by single guys? Eureka due to it's side could take absorb it, but Silverleigh is just too small. "

Overrun by single guys sounds perfect x

gillingham

"Wonder what the impact on Silverleigh will be though. Will it be overrun by single guys? Eureka due to it's side could take absorb it, but Silverleigh is just too small.

Overrun by single guys sounds perfect x"

Naughty girl you sound perfect to x

Place is a crabby dive. Let's hope they've cleaned it and maybe invested in a tin of paint for inside.

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

And the haters still continue what a wonderful world we live in.

Stupid thing if someone has a question please ask or if the preference is to continue the belief of some individuals misconceptions then so be it

The Club will Re open on the 21st of June and if we had been allowed would be open now. But as previously stated people can and will believe whatever they want and rumours well that’s what some thrive upon

Stuart & Carrie

By *apillon500Couple  over a year ago

kent

We have been very satisfied members of Eurekas for some years now. We will definitely be back when it reopens - there have been changes made which may alter the atmosphere and balance of people attending - but who knows it may be better for it.

We will make up our mind based on our own experience and not on rumour and speculation or our own assumptions of what we want the club to be. In our experience every club offers something different, and they aren’t all to everyone’s taste, the new Eureka will be no different. It will appeal to some, and not others.

I’m hoping that Carrie and Stuart might consider either a temporary short term membership to allow people a taster day/night to experience the new club for themselves. Or allow existing members to bring a guest (subject to ID checks and fee etc). People may be willing to pay the increased prices and costs (drinks etc) if they have the opportunity to experience the changes in terms of both cosmetic upgrades and personal dynamics.

Donna Xx

I doubt it lol.thats like going to the cafe eating it n if u like it pay for it!

By *apillon500Couple  over a year ago

kent

"I doubt it lol.thats like going to the cafe eating it n if u like it pay for it! "

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I think guests/temp memberships should still warrant a cost...

"I doubt it lol.thats like going to the cafe eating it n if u like it pay for it!

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I think guests/temp memberships should still warrant a cost... "

Not the worst suggestion I've ever heard. As we've said before, no longer for us, but we would never discourage others from trying Eureka. We will miss the place, but people move on and circumstances change.

We hate rumours too, but when you see things with your own eyes, it's hard to ignore.

By *elethWoman  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"And the haters still continue what a wonderful world we live in.

Stupid thing if someone has a question please ask or if the preference is to continue the belief of some individuals misconceptions then so be it

The Club will Re open on the 21st of June and if we had been allowed would be open now. But as previously stated people can and will believe whatever they want and rumours well that’s what some thrive upon

Stuart & Carrie "

Woah, this is a tad unprofessional! Not doing yourselves any favours.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Stuart & Carrie

Woah, this is a tad unprofessional! Not doing yourselves any favours."

To be fair I thought that was very controlled after the allegations that were posted on the forum

By *cepuncMan  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

You're just the kind of couple i would love to bump into on a stroll around Eurekas on a warm sunny day

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You're just the kind of couple i would love to bump into on a stroll around Eurekas on a warm sunny day"

I am not sure whether that was meant to be a nice post or sinister

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

Stuart & Carrie "

If you believe there have been false rumours and misconceptions posted on this forum why not address them and give the correct information.

By *tarling and RobinCouple  over a year ago

North East

We've seen comments about the pricing going up but haven't actually seen any prices anywhere?

Does anybody know how much it will cost for a couple Silver Membership when it re-opens.

Can't wait to get some sun on these naked bones

"We've seen comments about the pricing going up but haven't actually seen any prices anywhere?

Does anybody know how much it will cost for a couple Silver Membership when it re-opens.

Can't wait to get some sun on these naked bones "

Silver membership is £25 per person for the year allow upto 10 days for membership to clear as its online only.

Day visits are £25 per day for cples.

Not sure on party nites as we don't go to them.

portchester

Can’t wait to give it a go

By *imAndHerKentCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

"I’m hoping that Carrie and Stuart might consider either a temporary short term membership to allow people a taster day/night to experience the new club for themselves. Or allow existing members to bring a guest (subject to ID checks and fee etc). People may be willing to pay the increased prices and costs (drinks etc) if they have the opportunity to experience the changes in terms of both cosmetic upgrades and personal dynamics. "

We second this idea. Otherwise, it looks like it would cost us £75 just to see what the changes are and if it's worth rejoining.

By *ossdinCouple  over a year ago

CROYDON/GATWICK/BEXHILL

We are intending to go when it reopens, can't wait

By *tarling and RobinCouple  over a year ago

North East

Thanks, can't wait to get our kit off.

We're not into the party nights.

Been once, but not our thing. But most enjoyed the nights.

By *ransistersTV/TS  over a year ago

Dover

Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

Can’t wait to go with my partner in crime

I cannot wait to go back, love the place

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

The station is called Longfield an the taxi rank is right across the road from ticket office.

By *itzimadCouple  over a year ago

harwich

for us it was never the same after alan died RIP Mr Sabini

By *ollyDayDreamerWoman  over a year ago

Gorleston

A bit late to the party but I gather it’s under new management & it will be good to see what they’ve done with the place, once it reopens. Will there still be party nights?

I loved it there & always felt comfortable to go on my own for weekends and days bathing

Hi _iss sin let me know if your need a +1

By *areass2017Man  over a year ago

east coast

I’ll be back to give it a try 100%

By *eme12345678Man  over a year ago

Blackheath

Just putting it out there....

I'm wondering how "real" the three very similar reviews of Eureka (in the club section here) which have appeared in quick succession over the last couple of days, are?

Jus'sayin'....

That said, I am looking forward to see what improvements have been made - it would great if management could share some progress on their website perhaps.

Always wanted to give this place a go. Was supposed to last year during the brief spell of being open but Ofcourse covid struck my household (absolutely typical

)

I decided to give the club a call a little while ago as per there suggestion given all the comments on here to see how the land lies with reopening.

What absolutely lovely people! Sounds like they’ve been working solid throughout lockdown on renovations and I’m looking forward to them reopening and giving it a try.

FAWKHAM

Hi ya , the improvements are looking good and the members who came to renew over the weekend was impressed enough to leave reviews !! Which I thought was nice ....we are looking forward to re opening the doors on the 21st June ! We are keeping the changes a surprise until then !!

By *nclePMan  over a year ago

Mitcham

"Hi ya , the improvements are looking good and the members who came to renew over the weekend was impressed enough to leave reviews !! Which I thought was nice ....we are looking forward to re opening the doors on the 21st June ! We are keeping the changes a surprise until then !! "

By *oupleJBCouple  over a year ago

Chislehurst

2 are from the same couple.

Why would you renew a membership on 1st May if it doesn’t reopen until late June.

A bit odd that the couples turned up to a club that is closed just to renew.

FAWKHAM

I think what’s more odd is how people have to hide their profiles

"2 are from the same couple.

Why would you renew a membership on 1st May if it doesn’t reopen until late June.

"

Quite possibly because they are close by and keen to get membership sorted so they don't have to mess around on the day. Just walk in on opening day and chill out

Colchester

"

Altho they've applied and paid now the eureka profile does say all membership applied and paid for starts on the day of opening. So better to get in early we'd guess rather than leaving it to last minute and not getting it thru in time. Luckily ours doesn't run out til sometime in July.

portchester

"Hi _iss sin let me know if your need a +1"

No thanks

By *r_N_MrsCumslutCouple  over a year ago

Dartford

Sadly no last time we went we was made to feel so unwelcome we left after 45 minutes of getting there

By *obo11Man  over a year ago

london

Looking forward to the opening. Nothing beats chilling naked by the pool

"Hi ya , the improvements are looking good and the members who came to renew over the weekend was impressed enough to leave reviews !! Which I thought was nice ....we are looking forward to re opening the doors on the 21st June ! We are keeping the changes a surprise until then !! "

Will there be any party nights. Dancing. Disco. Just wondering

FAWKHAM

We have a whole new line up of party nights new hosts! new themes , a whole new Eureka !! call us at any time x

By *areass2017Man  over a year ago

east coast

"We have a whole new line up of party nights new hosts! new themes , a whole new Eureka !! call us at any time x"

Will the naked Fridays be returning?

Please say yes!!!!

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

somewhere

"We have a whole new line up of party nights new hosts! new themes , a whole new Eureka !! call us at any time x"

Sounds very interesting!

Chislehurst

Our profile is currently hidden because we are not meeting people at the moment.

Why waste people’s time in messaging us if we are not available...

Chislehurst

Quite possibly because they are close by and keen to get membership sorted so they don't have to mess around on the day. Just walk in on opening day and chill out "

But the club is closed.

One couple were from South Okenden. The other has now hidden their profile so can’t see location.

Chislehurst

"I think what’s more odd is how people have to hide their profiles "

Our profile is currently hidden because we are currently not available to meet people.

Why waste people’s time who contact us if we are not meeting at the moment.

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

You guys are as loyal as they come, as are LippyLips and I, but the changes are not going to make single men as welcome, and they are our favourite! We love Eureka, felt at home there and free to be ourselves, but the people and atmosphere make the place and it certainly won't have the same vibe from what we can see. Going to try other clubs for daytimes and nighttimes this year, hopefully we will see you at them! love you guys xx"

What are the changes?

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

PDI for now

"Always wanted to give this place a go. Was supposed to last year during the brief spell of being open but Ofcourse covid struck my household (absolutely typical

)

I decided to give the club a call a little while ago as per there suggestion given all the comments on here to see how the land lies with reopening.

What absolutely lovely people! Sounds like they’ve been working solid throughout lockdown on renovations and I’m looking forward to them reopening and giving it a try. "

They are lovely people. We started our adventure there and we’ve had so much fun along the way.

brentwood

Ok here’s my view on all this

Eurekas is a business it’s there to earn money we all understand that none of us go to work for the love of it.

It’s the only club I know who takes single men on a Saturday night so they will go regardless of spending a few quid more I’m sure and if some won’t others will. Now this could be better for the ones that do go as they may have less competition for the couples maybe?

As for couples if the entrance goes up a little bit so be it I’m not there every week we’d except that too better than club going under and not having one at all!

If we also have to pay pub prices for drinks it maybe be a bit different as that on top of a dearer entrance may make it to expensive plus your limited to what you have to drink!

As for change some times it’s for the good some times for the worse let’s see which it is first before we all moan, I mean everyone was moaning anyway and now things are gonna change they still all moaning!

Let’s get it open all get d*unk and enjoy ourself ffs it’s been a hard enough year I think we deserve it don’t you?

All the best to the new management hope it goes well and I hope your ready to adapt to your clientele and make it work the best it can for everyone!

Happy swinging everyone see you in July

Hadley Wood

Every club deserves a chance, especially after the year they’ve had.

We will visit and make our judgement on the place then.

By *ewdcplCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

That’s on our list of next to try. Hopefully stay over

Quite possibly because they are close by and keen to get membership sorted so they don't have to mess around on the day. Just walk in on opening day and chill out

But the club is closed.

One couple were from South Okenden. The other has now hidden their profile so can’t see location. "

Don't understand what your problem is with others choosing to get their membership sorted before opening day regardless of who and where they are from.

Purely their choice

brentwood

But the club is closed.

One couple were from South Okenden. The other has now hidden their profile so can’t see location.

Don't understand what your problem is with others choosing to get their membership sorted before opening day regardless of who and where they are from.

Purely their choice "

Actually a drive out to renew membership sounds nice might have to do same

By *iproperswingersCouple  over a year ago

Rainham

The rooms at silverleigh aren't comfortable at all. Try Pleasures then you will see what a good play room is like. X"

Yes the play rooms at pleasures are the best play rooms - hands down! Xx

Rainham

"Ok here’s my view on all this

Eurekas is a business it’s there to earn money we all understand that none of us go to work for the love of it.

It’s the only club I know who takes single men on a Saturday night so they will go regardless of spending a few quid more I’m sure and if some won’t others will. Now this could be better for the ones that do go as they may have less competition for the couples maybe?

As for couples if the entrance goes up a little bit so be it I’m not there every week we’d except that too better than club going under and not having one at all!

If we also have to pay pub prices for drinks it maybe be a bit different as that on top of a dearer entrance may make it to expensive plus your limited to what you have to drink!

As for change some times it’s for the good some times for the worse let’s see which it is first before we all moan, I mean everyone was moaning anyway and now things are gonna change they still all moaning!

Let’s get it open all get d*unk and enjoy ourself ffs it’s been a hard enough year I think we deserve it don’t you?

All the best to the new management hope it goes well and I hope your ready to adapt to your clientele and make it work the best it can for everyone!

Happy swinging everyone see you in July "

We adore eurekas and can't wait to go back.. And the changes which have been made have been done to improve things. Let's all hope it goes well..

It's so sad that a lot of the single ladies are being scared off though because of the changes.. As eveyone makes the club x

Rainham

"Looking forward to the opening. Nothing beats chilling naked by the pool"

Can't wait to be back near the pool

Rainham

"Hi ya , the improvements are looking good and the members who came to renew over the weekend was impressed enough to leave reviews !! Which I thought was nice ....we are looking forward to re opening the doors on the 21st June ! We are keeping the changes a surprise until then !!

Will there be any party nights. Dancing. Disco. Just wondering "

Me and Paul will be hosting the big gay / bi social on the 23rd of June.. And possibly every 3weeks after that..

(wanna see how many people would enjoy that)

And we do know how to get a good party going.. With lots of laughing and dancing and flirting

Rainham

But the club is closed.

Purely their choice "

Agree with you - there's no real logical problem in doing that - it's good to get organised ahead of time. And the membership only starts when the club opens anyway xx

By *ingersmalloyMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

You certainly do know how to get a party started and both of you are great company , look forward to seeing you soon x

By *atsdatkdesiresWoman  over a year ago

gosport

Never been

But we will do once open

On a hot day ??

By *atsdatkdesiresWoman  over a year ago

gosport

Never been

But we will do once open

On a hot day ??

By *exyMPCouple  over a year ago

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

"We will be going back.

We love day visits.

By the pool and naked sunbathing down the meadow.

Weather permitting of course "

We enjoyed it there too, naked & dipping in the pool.

Appears that the owners are making a ridiculous price hike though !!

Not sure the cost increase is worth it, against what you actually get.

Let's be fair, it's a bit like an old school hall really, unless they've done it up...

"Hi ya , the improvements are looking good and the members who came to renew over the weekend was impressed enough to leave reviews !! Which I thought was nice ....we are looking forward to re opening the doors on the 21st June ! We are keeping the changes a surprise until then !!

Me and Paul will be hosting the big gay / bi social on the 23rd of June.. And possibly every 3weeks after that..

And we do know how to get a good party going.. With lots of laughing and dancing and flirting "

I will be rejoining as gold member + I don't drink so that issue of not bringing drinks won't bother me. I will be attending this night for sure.

brentwood

And we do know how to get a good party going.. With lots of laughing and dancing and flirting

I will be rejoining as gold member + I don't drink so that issue of not bringing drinks won't bother me. I will be attending this night for sure. "

So is that a definite no more bringing drinks?

By *pank the MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

I will be rejoining as gold member + I don't drink so that issue of not bringing drinks won't bother me. I will be attending this night for sure.

So is that a definite no more bringing drinks?"

Yes it's true. Apparently its part of the terms of there alcohol licensing.

So is that a definite no more bringing drinks?"

And the same goes for food. Obviously minus the licence issues lol

By *lleyCat1969Man  over a year ago

Folkestone

"Let's be fair, it's a bit like an old school hall really, unless they've done it up..."

sums it up perfectly!

brentwood

"Let's be fair, it's a bit like an old school hall really, unless they've done it up...

sums it up perfectly!"

It’s about the company and atmosphere not the wall paper!

My worry is lack of drink choice and cost will put people off, entry price increase I can understand given the last 18 months shut down

"Let's be fair, it's a bit like an old school hall really, unless they've done it up...

sums it up perfectly!

My worry is lack of drink choice and cost will put people off, entry price increase I can understand given the last 18 months shut down "

As with most things, time will tell. I think that they have a large historical issue as far as the new drinks policy is concerned. That being said if they price it right and have a full and comprehensive choice then they might pull it off. One thing is for sure, Eureka can feel a very empty place if you don't have enough people through the door and that really could put people off. As you say atmosphere matters and a party with no atmosphere aint much of a party! Fingers crossed the new powers that be get it right for all concerned

Epsom, Surrey

"

Yes it's true. Apparently its part of the terms of there alcohol licensing. "

I had a quick look at the Sevenoaks licensing website and can't see any new alcohol license being issued for Eureka.

It would be an extremely rare restriction for a license to prohibit consuming your own drinks on a licensed premise.

"

Yes it's true. Apparently its part of the terms of there alcohol licensing.

I had a quick look at the Sevenoaks licensing website and can't see any new alcohol license being issued for Eureka.

It would be an extremely rare restriction for a license to prohibit consuming your own drinks on a licensed premise."

I must admit I was thinking something similar, I've never heard of such a restriction but I didn't want to call them purveyours of false information!

By *orny twosome 69Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We would love to go back to eureka but don't know what has changed and if it is a question of having to remain?!

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

"

It would be an extremely rare restriction for a license to prohibit consuming your own drinks on a licensed premise."

It already had a license. "Mike's Bar" was already in operation long before Covid. Alcohol could be either purchased or you could BYOB. Looks like to maximise profit, they have just removed the option of BYOB.

Epsom, Surrey

"

...Looks like to maximise profit, they have just removed the option of BYOB. "

That seems to be the answer. Their licence was issued in 2012 and there were no special conditions about folks consuming their own drinks

"

...Looks like to maximise profit, they have just removed the option of BYOB.

That seems to be the answer. Their licence was issued in 2012 and there were no special conditions about folks consuming their own drinks"

Then its a case of they don't understand their licence or someone has been telling porky pies. I most certainly hope it's not the latter as that wouldn't bode well for the future. Being honest always the best option...

brentwood

sums it up perfectly!

My worry is lack of drink choice and cost will put people off, entry price increase I can understand given the last 18 months shut down

As with most things, time will tell. I think that they have a large historical issue as far as the new drinks policy is concerned. That being said if they price it right and have a full and comprehensive choice then they might pull it off. One thing is for sure, Eureka can feel a very empty place if you don't have enough people through the door and that really could put people off. As you say atmosphere matters and a party with no atmosphere aint much of a party! Fingers crossed the new powers that be get it right for all concerned "

What ever the case I will give it a try but it won’t be the same queing for drinks all night instead of being at table enjoying them! And very much doubt I’ll get wife in mood with pub measures lol

Hadley Wood

"

...Looks like to maximise profit, they have just removed the option of BYOB.

That seems to be the answer. Their licence was issued in 2012 and there were no special conditions about folks consuming their own drinks

Then its a case of they don't understand their licence or someone has been telling porky pies. I most certainly hope it's not the latter as that wouldn't bode well for the future. Being honest always the best option..."

New owners will need a new licence!

By *ezzaandJane1973Couple  over a year ago

Olney

Hi all, not ones to normally post on forums, especially when it comes to how people wish to run THEIR business, however as usual with forums and social media there does seem to be "experts" making comments.

I (Jay) have owned managed and run licensed venues for many a year and how a venue operates is down to the judgement of the owners. Mistakes are made sometimes however an owner of a business will and should always put the longterm plans of the business at the forefront. Yes you lose some customers when you make changes (not always a bad thing) but in the long term and most of the time the changes become accepted and believe it or not often welcomed.

Have been to Eureka on several occasions, not as often as we would like (long distance, time and kids get in the way) however everytime has been worth it. Would we pay more money? Yes of course we would, I always thought it to be quite a cheap weekend away!!.

On the terms of licensing and BYOB. No licensed premises would allow you to bring in your drinks!! Firstly its financial suicide and secondly and more importantly under the terms of your alcohol license you are responsible for the amount of alcohol a customer consumes whilst on the premises (yes that is LAW) how can you be responsible if you are not monitoring the amount consumed or how d*unk people are? The words may not be written as a condition on the license however law will always overrule local licensing conditions.

Lastly, been lucky enough to have met both past and present owners of the club, and found them to be very friendly and amiable, is it clicky, no it's not however when you get "regulars" at any venue the so called regulars will of course always become a group which may seem to be click, but in reality it's simply because they know each other more than they know the people that do not go as often. Has that made them unfriendly, from our experience, far from it.

To those that have not been or have only been under old management, put your hand in your pocket and give it a try, if you dont like it dont go back, if you do then let your friends and most importantly the new management know, it's often very difficult to know when you get something right and it's very nice to be told when you have.

Good Luck @Eurekaparties, when we get time we will be back for a lovely (hopefully warm weekend)

Apologies if our post may have been a bit long lol

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

"Hi all, not ones to normally post on forums, especially when it comes to how people wish to run THEIR business, however as usual with forums and social media there does seem to be "experts" making comments.

I (Jay) have owned managed and run licensed venues for many a year and how a venue operates is down to the judgement of the owners. Mistakes are made sometimes however an owner of a business will and should always put the longterm plans of the business at the forefront. Yes you lose some customers when you make changes (not always a bad thing) but in the long term and most of the time the changes become accepted and believe it or not often welcomed.

Have been to Eureka on several occasions, not as often as we would like (long distance, time and kids get in the way) however everytime has been worth it. Would we pay more money? Yes of course we would, I always thought it to be quite a cheap weekend away!!.

On the terms of licensing and BYOB. No licensed premises would allow you to bring in your drinks!! Firstly its financial suicide and secondly and more importantly under the terms of your alcohol license you are responsible for the amount of alcohol a customer consumes whilst on the premises (yes that is LAW) how can you be responsible if you are not monitoring the amount consumed or how d*unk people are? The words may not be written as a condition on the license however law will always overrule local licensing conditions.

Lastly, been lucky enough to have met both past and present owners of the club, and found them to be very friendly and amiable, is it clicky, no it's not however when you get "regulars" at any venue the so called regulars will of course always become a group which may seem to be click, but in reality it's simply because they know each other more than they know the people that do not go as often. Has that made them unfriendly, from our experience, far from it.

To those that have not been or have only been under old management, put your hand in your pocket and give it a try, if you dont like it dont go back, if you do then let your friends and most importantly the new management know, it's often very difficult to know when you get something right and it's very nice to be told when you have.

Good Luck @Eurekaparties, when we get time we will be back for a lovely (hopefully warm weekend)

Apologies if our post may have been a bit long lol"

Good post

By *he PlaygroundsCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

[Removed by poster at 23/05/21 10:17:10]

By *he PlaygroundsCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

By *haredMan  over a year ago

Southminster

Dover

We have now joined with gold membership, so looking forward to taking our caravan of love there.

By *enksMan  over a year ago

hereford

Can't wait to go again

brentwood

"Hi all, not ones to normally post on forums, especially when it comes to how people wish to run THEIR business, however as usual with forums and social media there does seem to be "experts" making comments.

Very good points and thanks for the clarification

By *iBexleyCouple  over a year ago

bexley

Going to miss you both

By *iBexleyCouple  over a year ago

bexley

Thay would be a great idea, just to see how it all is and if it is somewhere we would still feel comfortable before spending a lot of money would def help

Keeping improvements made a secret?

Come on.

Anyone in business would be shouting about improvements from the rooftops.

All sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Dover

Perfectly put.

"Keeping improvements made a secret?

Come on.

All sounds a bit dodgy to me. "

On the flip side we think its quite exciting to turn up and see what surprises they have to offer.

Be patient and go see for yourself then you can make an educated judgement not a rash one.

FAWKHAM

Come on.

On the flip side we think its quite exciting to turn up and see what surprises they have to offer.

Be patient and go see for yourself then you can make an educated judgement not a rash one. "

It’s the intrigue the curiosity and because why would I show some what are missing. The improvements are for Eureka’s valued members. And if it helps the very few that have glimpsed well they like and approve

Stuart and Carrie

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

[Removed by poster at 30/06/21 21:00:37]

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Heathrow

Come on.

Be patient and go see for yourself then you can make an educated judgement not a rash one.

It’s the intrigue the curiosity and because why would I show some what are missing. The improvements are for Eureka’s valued members. And if it helps the very few that have glimpsed well they like and approve

Stuart and Carrie "

We wish you well and good luck but that definitely isn’t the sort of comment that attracts new business.

FAWKHAM

Come on.

Stuart and Carrie

We wish you well and good luck but that definitely isn’t the sort of comment that attracts new business. "

To be fair it doesn’t really matter what response is given or what work has been done it’s never actually going to be good enough for some. Unfortunately everyone has an opinion and they just love to air it publicly so please everyone crack on and have fun. Oh yep that’s right that’s what this site and others alike were designed for not to try and rip clubs and people to bits but alas that’s what this site has turned into. ( a kangaroo court).

portchester

Why are people giving them such a hard time? If you want to go then go and if not then don’t. That is it?

Dover

There seems to be an unjustified vendetta against the new owners so please don't judge until you have been, it's really not nice or fair.

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Heathrow

Come on.

Stuart and Carrie

We wish you well and good luck but that definitely isn’t the sort of comment that attracts new business.

To be fair it doesn’t really matter what response is given or what work has been done it’s never actually going to be good enough for some. Unfortunately everyone has an opinion and they just love to air it publicly so please everyone crack on and have fun. Oh yep that’s right that’s what this site and others alike were designed for not to try and rip clubs and people to bits but alas that’s what this site has turned into. ( a kangaroo court). "

I think that the reason we commented is because it’s a forum. The definition is “ a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If you think that the site has turned into a kangaroo court then don’t make comments that will attract more comments from the members of the site. I don’t think we ripped you to bits in any way. We wished you well and the best of luck. We just think- from a business point of view- that not showing photos of a refurbishment and then saying you’ve only done it for the existing membership is not a great way to relaunch a business. If you think that it is a great way to do things then that’s fantastic for you. Good luck- hope it goes well and we hope the “valued members” have a great time. There’s no malice from us.

Dover

Come on.

Stuart and Carrie

To be fair it doesn’t really matter what response is given or what work has been done it’s never actually going to be good enough for some. Unfortunately everyone has an opinion and they just love to air it publicly so please everyone crack on and have fun. Oh yep that’s right that’s what this site and others alike were designed for not to try and rip clubs and people to bits but alas that’s what this site has turned into. ( a kangaroo court).

I think that the reason we commented is because it’s a forum. The definition is “ a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If you think that the site has turned into a kangaroo court then don’t make comments that will attract more comments from the members of the site. I don’t think we ripped you to bits in any way. We wished you well and the best of luck. We just think- from a business point of view- that not showing photos of a refurbishment and then saying you’ve only done it for the existing membership is not a great way to relaunch a business. If you think that it is a great way to do things then that’s fantastic for you. Good luck- hope it goes well and we hope the “valued members” have a great time. There’s no malice from us. "

To be fair, it's probably just frustration as some like to jump on the band wagon of misery.

By *obo11Man  over a year ago

london

I might pop by tomorrow around lunchtime. It’s forecast to be decent weather so a good opportunity to relax in the sun. Does anyone know if the pool is open for use?

FAWKHAM

Yes it is !

» Add a new message to this topic