So i bought a kawasaki 3 weeks ago decided tonight to hpi it

I know bit late

Any way turns out its cat n

Bikes has no probs and fairings minted

Any one think it will fall to bits when i go fast lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxminxCouple 2 weeks ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

I'd be getting it into a workshop for a once-over before I even rode it again.

Assuming you bought it privately... did you try find out what repair was done by previous owner?

Hopefully it was just fairing or something else simple.

Oh and what would you considering fast?? 😜

By *eronikapaulCouple 2 weeks ago

Reading

You should be absolutely fine. The whole point of a category N write off is that the damage was non structural.

If you have doubts the sensible peace of mind option is to invest £30 and take it for an MOT somewhere you trust.Perhaps tell the tester why it is in early.

By *rafter69Man 2 weeks ago

upminster

Have it checked over thoroughly but even a Category S is fine if repaired properly. Half the problem ovccurs with cheap shody repairs for bigger profits. That being vehicles are being categorised with the slightest scuff nowadays

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 2 weeks ago

nearby

Couple of companies on ebay regularly selling cat n write offs. Many have remarkably low damage to warrant a write off

By *un Times 1Man 2 weeks ago

coventry

Take it to a Kawasaki dealer for a once over. It may be a bit more expensive than your local shop. Then again how much is your life worth.

Best be safe.

By *ualityNotQuantityUKCouple 2 weeks ago

Leicester

Depending on bikes value you can literally have a bike "cat N" with a scuff on exhaust and tank. N stands for Non-Structural damage. It's no different from if you were buying a none categorised machine, you would still give it a once over to make sure tyres/brakes) lights etc worked

By *eronikapaulCouple 1 week ago

Reading

"Depending on bikes value you can literally have a bike "cat N" with a scuff on exhaust and tank. N stands for Non-Structural damage. It's no different from if you were buying a none categorised machine, you would still give it a once over to make sure tyres/brakes) lights etc

worked"

Exactly. The tarnished status of category N is undeserved and while that remains the case it is a source of some good deals. Just be careful and if you don't know what you are doing find someone that does!

By *ollapalooza OP   Man 1 week ago

North Berwick

it was moted 2 weeks ago

im dropping it off a garage for a good look over for anything dodgy

Reading

If MOTD two weeks ago your only risks are that the mot is dodgy or the tester incompetent. For peace of mind get it done somewhere you trust and rejoice in your new bike. What is it? Apologies if you said earlier.

By *uskymotoMan 1 week ago

Cumbria

I had a steel pipe fall over and land on my bike. No damage except a tear in the seat and a dent in the tank. All it needed was these 2 parts but the tank was £1600 with a 12 week lead time. They wrote off the £9k bike for that, a bit crazy if you ask me.

Reading

Just buy it back and smile😁

By *uckerfortitsMan 6 days ago

Sheffield

So this is the new version of a cat C, damage repairable, no problems frame/chassis/structure wise, just hope you payed under the odds for it, and, take into consideration when you come to sell it, buyers will be put off by the fact it has a category insurance write off on its record, even though its not a major, and also, the price will have to be lower than uncatagorised bike of the same year and mileage. I personally wouldn't worry about it, and have owned 2 cat c bikes

» Add a new message to this topic