FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Safety

Safety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker990 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Ballymoney

Is it me or does it not feel as safe on the roads as it used to? Living in NI I see a lot more people taking risks on bikes as well as in cars

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ombikerMan 2 weeks ago

the right side of the river

I see a lot of distracted or careless driving and people not checking mirrors etc.

Especially electric cars.

It makes me think does all the driver aids like adaptive cruse control and the mirror that lights up if someone is beside you in a blind spot and even automatic gearbox contributes to this as some people are relying on their car to make decisions for them. Or they use the driver aid to take the place of them paying attention to the road while they look at Facebook or whatever is the latest social media thing, who knows maybe even fab.

By *aptainBonesMan 2 weeks ago

Wittering

The roads are definitely more aggressive nowadays, especially on main roads. I’d say there isn’t enough awareness on how motorbikes ride but I’ve witnessed enough bikers doing dumb stuff that I don’t even know how some people get their licences anymore.

(I ride a ZZR600, just to clarify i’m not a motorcycle hater)

Ballymoney

Yeah I sometimes think about giving it up all together cause I never feel safe even around other bikers. As a car driver too I've had some near misses with bikes chancing their arm overtaking

By *ust along for the rideMan 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

I would never have labelled myself as a bad or careless driver in my car, but since I have had my bike licence, I find I concentrate far more in the car also, I do agree, that all the modern, so called, safety systems on newer cars, do tend to make drivers less interested in there surroundings, and therefore less concentration is the outcome??

Ballymoney

Yeah I'm beginning to think that's the case too there's so many gadgets in a car now that they have become more of a hindrance than a help. It's easy for people to become distracted and plus phones play a big part in that too

By *959femxCouple 2 weeks ago

Weston super mare

All the morons who have to drive at 90 miles an hour to get to Tesco for a loaf of bead and a bottle of milk and think driving like an idiot will save them 30 seconds in in their busy day .

By *ust RachelTV/TS 1 week ago

Horsham

Just returned to biking, bought a VFR800. I have found the roads are far more aggressive now, then they have ever been. Too many idiots, thinking the rules don't apply to them.

Saying that, there is a lot less respect in general, then there has ever been.

By *aptainBonesMan 1 week ago

Wittering

"Just returned to biking, bought a VFR800. I have found the roads are far more aggressive now, then they have ever been. Too many idiots, thinking the rules don't apply to them.

Saying that, there is a lot less respect in general, then there has ever been."

Absolutely love VFR’s!

I think it’s more lack of awareness. If you ask me everyone doing their car test should also take a CBT as part of it. To gain at least a tiny idea of what it’s like to be on 2 wheels

By *ust RachelTV/TS 7 days ago

Horsham

"Just returned to biking, bought a VFR800. I have found the roads are far more aggressive now, then they have ever been. Too many idiots, thinking the rules don't apply to them.

Saying that, there is a lot less respect in general, then there has ever been.

Absolutely love VFR’s!

I think it’s more lack of awareness. If you ask me everyone doing their car test should also take a CBT as part of it. To gain at least a tiny idea of what it’s like to be on 2 wheels"

I have always said that drivers must do a couple of years on a bike, before getting in a car.

» Add a new message to this topic