FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Digital nomads

Digital nomads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man 5 weeks ago

Dubai

Any here ? I know lots of countries offering this now

I’ve just been looking at the Spanish Digital Nomad visa , 15% tax for 4 years then 24%.

Anyone have one of these?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ddy GirthyMan 3 weeks ago

Girthy Town

"Any here ? I know lots of countries offering this now

I’ve just been looking at the Spanish Digital Nomad visa , 15% tax for 4 years then 24%.

Anyone have one of these?"

Im just about to test a few destinations out but will do it under the schengen ‘visa‘ act until ive built up solid work

By *rHotNotts OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Dubai

Im just about to test a few destinations out but will do it under the schengen ‘visa‘ act until ive built up solid work"

For Schengen is there a preferred first country to enter ? I have seen a lot of debate about this on forums.

The easiest way for Spain , set up a Ltd company in the uk , employ yourself on a contract that allows you work from anywhere in the world. Contract with uk clients but get paid in Euro then you pay only 15% tax

By *ddy GirthyMan 2 weeks ago

Girthy Town

Im just about to test a few destinations out but will do it under the schengen ‘visa‘ act until ive built up solid work

For Schengen is there a preferred first country to enter ? I have seen a lot of debate about this on forums.

The easiest way for Spain , set up a Ltd company in the uk , employ yourself on a contract that allows you work from anywhere in the world. Contract with uk clients but get paid in Euro then you pay only 15% tax"

Ooo that sounds like a decent ‘loophole’. I dont know if the rules of a ‘digital nomad’ are yet to be completely defined/refined but I was just going to enter the majority of countries under the tourism visa (monthly) for up to 180 days and work online through freelancer apps for example.

I am already self employed so I would deem that to be sufficient to work wherever I please - preferred countries I do not have one currently but will stick to european countries and pin down three base ones until I figure out the tax and working visa side and venture further.

Wherever I go I will travel for personal reasons and just so happen to do some work here and there ‘cough cough’

Just move to Dubai if you are worried about tax loool

By *rHotNotts OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Dubai

The easiest way for Spain , set up a Ltd company in the uk , employ yourself on a contract that allows you work from anywhere in the world. Contract with uk clients but get paid in Euro then you pay only 15% tax

Ooo that sounds like a decent ‘loophole’. I dont know if the rules of a ‘digital nomad’ are yet to be completely defined/refined but I was just going to enter the majority of countries under the tourism visa (monthly) for up to 180 days and work online through freelancer apps for example.

I am already self employed so I would deem that to be sufficient to work wherever I please - preferred countries I do not have one currently but will stick to european countries and pin down three base ones until I figure out the tax and working visa side and venture further.

Wherever I go I will travel for personal reasons and just so happen to do some work here and there ‘cough cough’

Just move to Dubai if you are worried about tax loool"

I would definitely not recommend figuring out the tax later. If you are unlucky get investigated, it can be a long and costly process.

For the digital nomad Visa in Spain, they require you to submit evidence showing you have permission to work in any country & have the means to support yourself without seeking employment locally.

Once you have digital nomad status for any EU country, you have free travel within the EU.

If you satisfy this criteria, you will benefit from 15% tax for 3-4 years then 24% , instead of the potential 45% UK tax, Which will definitely apply if you proceed as planned on a tourist Visa.

By *rHotNotts OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Dubai

"

Just move to Dubai if you are worried about tax loool"

It’s not a simple as that!

You still have to satisfy the third automatic non-residency test each year or face a complex process of calculating UK ties.

By *ddy GirthyMan 3 days ago

Girthy Town

Just move to Dubai if you are worried about tax loool

I would definitely not recommend figuring out the tax later. If you are unlucky get investigated, it can be a long and costly process.

For the digital nomad Visa in Spain, they require you to submit evidence showing you have permission to work in any country & have the means to support yourself without seeking employment locally.

Once you have digital nomad status for any EU country, you have free travel within the EU.

If you satisfy this criteria, you will benefit from 15% tax for 3-4 years then 24% , instead of the potential 45% UK tax, Which will definitely apply if you proceed as planned on a tourist Visa.

"

What i mean by figuring out the tax side is the benefits of earning in a country other than the UK. My clients are based in the UK currently and i work from contract to contract, i personally wont be ‘living’ in any country for longer than 3-6 months as the aim is to travel the world. I just want to establish a handful of countries i can live and work in and its beneficial financially and culturally.

Just got back from testing budapest… i dont recommend it

» Add a new message to this topic