FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Some Brexit good news

Some Brexit good news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The UK Department of Transport has signed an "open skies" agreement with the US.

In effect, business as usual on transatlantic routes after March 29.

The DoT says it is discussing agreements with a few other countries like Canada and Morocco.

So far, so good.

The May proposal rolls over the existing arrangements for UK/EU aviation to the transition period.

So if that is approved, it will be business as usual on EU routes, too.

I can book a holiday for my birthday on March 29 now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The UK Department of Transport has signed an "open skies" agreement with the US.

The DoT says it is discussing agreements with a few other countries like Canada and Morocco.

So far, so good.

The May proposal rolls over the existing arrangements for UK/EU aviation to the transition period.

"

Doesn't that depend on the deal going through the UK parliament (EU routes)?

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

So much bull going around and scare tactics. It won’t be a problem we are not going to starve.

The attempt to stay in is for the mep to hold on to there insane pensions.

It will be better for the many getting out.

"So much bull going around and scare tactics. It won’t be a problem we are not going to starve.

It will be better for the many getting out. "

Farage was all for leaving - an MEP!

He will get his pension regardless - by leaving he just gets it early!

As for "better for the many" getting out - we will know soon enough.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"So much bull going around and scare tactics. It won’t be a problem we are not going to starve.

It will be better for the many getting out. "

If I thought that by leaving then Farage would or get his pension I would have voted to leave..

maidenhead

As for "better for the many" getting out - we will know soon enough. "

He has already made his money so he don’t care. The guy talks sense a bit like trump but less hated lol.

He has already made his money so he don’t care. The guy talks sense a bit like trump but less hated lol. "

Your entitled to your opinion and me mine, but we will soon find out.

Farage has already stated it was just about leaving - fuck the economy.

He did say we buy more off them than they buy from us. Of course they will do a deal - German car manufacturing will force them. The silence is deafening!

He has already made his money so he don’t care. The guy talks sense a bit like trump but less hated lol. "

You don't at all think some people lobby their MP's to raise points in parliament, regarding situations and problems they see arising which could effect they personal situation.

I've done it regarding medicines and drug development.

A friend who is a long distance lorry driver has done it.

maidenhead

He has already made his money so he don’t care. The guy talks sense a bit like trump but less hated lol.

He did say we buy more off them than they buy from us. Of course they will do a deal - German car manufacturing will force them. The silence is deafening! "

It will drag on for years and these clowns are screwing it up. Get out and get on with it is my way forward

Bristol East

"

Doesn't that depend on the deal going through the UK parliament (EU routes)?"

Yes.

And if MPs vote it down, and we leave without a deal, I will write to them asking for a refund.

"

Doesn't that depend on the deal going through the UK parliament (EU routes)?

Yes.

And if MPs vote it down, and we leave without a deal, I will write to them asking for a refund.

"

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"The UK Department of Transport has signed an "open skies" agreement with the US.

So far, so good.

"

Open Skies is simply an agreement on traffic and an acceptance that standards will be high. It was an easy box to square.

The very much more problematic situation is going to involve the CAA relationship with EASA. Right now, the CAA is in no position administratively and resourcefully to once again take on the responsibilities of what has been passed over to EASA. Up until very recently the CAA had a statement on its website that the only foreseeable future for the CAA was to remain as a part of EASA.

This future relationship is now only mentioned in the political declaration as being one of the “closest possible cooperation.”

Bristol East

That'll be more of the tiresome and unnecessary regulation that the EU forces on us, eh . . . like rules to make sure the planes in the sky are safe

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"That'll be more of the tiresome and unnecessary regulation that the EU forces on us, eh . . . like rules to make sure the planes in the sky are safe

"

This is one of the reasons why the "no deal" concept is just such a non-starter. The CAA is simply not in a position to take on the mantle and will need at least 5 years and a huge recruitment campaign to get there.

As a little inside story, I have been told of the sheer incompetence at the most basic levels of the CAA in the Flight Crew Licensing Department. Seemingly they cannot even get the most basic function of issuing licenses, dealing with new rating validations and even simple changes of address. Letters go missing, evidence (ratings, identity docs etc) goes missing and delays are stretching into months. Apparently, all the email signatures on official emails feature out of date contact numbers - it is shambolic and hardly representative of how any national aviation regulatory body should present itself.

So the question is... If the CAA can't even get basic flight crew licensing right what hope at all is there of them replacing all of the EASA functions over the next few months and be in a position to rock up with certifiable engineering, standards and origination frameworks to support the really important stuff?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

So far, so good.

"

I never doubted it some common sense will prevail we are still friends and allies of the EU and will be for many years.If Russia attacks them no doubt we will ones again bail Europe out if we can

So far, so good.

I never doubted it some common sense will prevail we are still friends and allies of the EU and will be for many years.If Russia attacks them no doubt we will ones again bail Europe out if we can"

With what? We can barely defend ourselves! Jesus we can't even stop illegal immigrants on blow up boats!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"That'll be more of the tiresome and unnecessary regulation that the EU forces on us, eh . . . like rules to make sure the planes in the sky are safe

This is one of the reasons why the "no deal" concept is just such a non-starter. The CAA is simply not in a position to take on the mantle and will need at least 5 years and a huge recruitment campaign to get there.

As a little inside story, I have been told of the sheer incompetence at the most basic levels of the CAA in the Flight Crew Licensing Department. Seemingly they cannot even get the most basic function of issuing licenses, dealing with new rating validations and even simple changes of address. Letters go missing, evidence (ratings, identity docs etc) goes missing and delays are stretching into months. Apparently, all the email signatures on official emails feature out of date contact numbers - it is shambolic and hardly representative of how any national aviation regulatory body should present itself.

So the question is... If the CAA can't even get basic flight crew licensing right what hope at all is there of them replacing all of the EASA functions over the next few months and be in a position to rock up with certifiable engineering, standards and origination frameworks to support the really important stuff?"

But some people tell us the UK should just walk away and everything will just be perfect - it will be seamless

Bristol East

"

I never doubted it some common sense will prevail we are still friends and allies of the EU and will be for many years.If Russia attacks them no doubt we will ones again bail Europe out if we can"

Glad to hear you are backing Mrs May's proposal.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

He did say we buy more off them than they buy from us. Of course they will do a deal - German car manufacturing will force them. The silence is deafening! "

Have you seen any news in the last 18 months? Catch up.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

So far, so good.

What "again" are you referring to?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

He did say we buy more off them than they buy from us. Of course they will do a deal - German car manufacturing will force them. The silence is deafening!

It will drag on for years and these clowns are screwing it up. Get out and get on with it is my way forward "

the sooner the bloody better. Get those dummies back in moaners.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

It will drag on for years and these clowns are screwing it up. Get out and get on with it is my way forward the sooner the bloody better. Get those dummies back in moaners. "

Great idea. Let's just jump off the cliff edge with no plan....what could possibly go wrong? #leavemeansleavestfusnowflakes

Bristol East

I saw the same mentality in the Scottish referendum.

Most people reckoned independence would be a struggle, at least in the short term.

That the country would be poorer.

Yet still the nationalists persisted with their narrative that we were heading to a land of milk and honey.

That lack of honesty about the prospects undoubtedly deterred some people from voting for it.

Like the British nationalists, they would have been more credible if they'd acknowledged it might be tough in the short-term but the benefits in the long-term made it a price worth paying.

Instead, we get this constant dismissal of any evidence that quantifies the likely economic dislocation and its impact on everyday life.

"I saw the same mentality in the Scottish referendum.

Most people reckoned independence would be a struggle, at least in the short term.

That the country would be poorer.

Yet still the nationalists persisted with their narrative that we were heading to a land of milk and honey.

That lack of honesty about the prospects undoubtedly deterred some people from voting for it.

Like the British nationalists, they would have been more credible if they'd acknowledged it might be tough in the short-term but the benefits in the long-term made it a price worth paying.

Instead, we get this constant dismissal of any evidence that quantifies the likely economic dislocation and its impact on everyday life.

"

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

We were all told by the remainers before the referendum that there would be mass job loses the country would go into recession the public still voted out none of that happened why should anyone believe them now that to crash out its going to happen?

"We were all told by the remainers before the referendum that there would be mass job loses the country would go into recession the public still voted out none of that happened why should anyone believe them now that to crash out its going to happen? "

There has been a down turn in the economy and some job losses.

It depends which remainers you listened to. Tony Baire said there would be WW3. Plenty of massive bell ends said a lot of bullshit on both sides.

What we do know, and have always known, is we’re in for a rough ride with the economy, environment, workers rights and civil rights. We know it will be bad. Just not how bad.

The current leave argument appears to be around. “Remainers said it would be very shit, as it turns out, it’s just been quite shit”.

Hmmm fifty shades of shit....how does one choose? Such an opportunity!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"We were all told by the remainers before the referendum that there would be mass job loses the country would go into recession the public still voted out none of that happened why should anyone believe them now that to crash out its going to happen?

It depends which remainers you listened to. Tony Baire said there would be WW3. Plenty of massive bell ends said a lot of bullshit on both sides.

What we do know, and have always known, is we’re in for a rough ride with the economy, environment, workers rights and civil rights. We know it will be bad. Just not how bad.

The current leave argument appears to be around. “Remainers said it would be very shit, as it turns out, it’s just been quite shit”."

Cant say it's been shit for me.Apart from sterling falling a bit not noticed any difference

"We were all told by the remainers before the referendum that there would be mass job loses the country would go into recession the public still voted out none of that happened why should anyone believe them now that to crash out its going to happen?

The current leave argument appears to be around. “Remainers said it would be very shit, as it turns out, it’s just been quite shit”.Cant say it's been shit for me.Apart from sterling falling a bit not noticed any difference "

Anecdotal evidence isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. But I know people whose worked for companies that folded or that cancelled projects and had to let people go.

As has been pointed out though, we haven’t left yet, and the worst is to come.

» Add a new message to this topic