FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > donald trump

donald trump

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ELLONS AND CREAM OP   Woman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

On the evening news this evening .... taking children away from illegall immigrants ....this sent a shiver down my spine ... it sounds like Hitler and autchauvitz all over again ... where are the children being sent to ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It did actually state afterwards families were not being separated. ...

Was media hype

stourbridge area

Oh .... thankgoodness ....

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"It did actually state afterwards families were not being separated. ...

Was media hype "

That's funny, I saw a press conference by the Secretary of the department of homeland security which said that 2,000 children had been seperated from their families. She should know what her own department are doing

Cambridge

Was media hype

That's funny, I saw a press conference by the Secretary of the department of homeland security which said that 2,000 children had been seperated from their families. She should know what her own department are doing"

"US immigration officials say 2,342 children have been separated from 2,206 parents from 5 May to 9 June." From the BBC news website. 2,300+ in 1 month.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Was media hype

That's funny, I saw a press conference by the Secretary of the department of homeland security which said that 2,000 children had been seperated from their families. She should know what her own department are doing

"US immigration officials say 2,342 children have been separated from 2,206 parents from 5 May to 9 June." From the BBC news website. 2,300+ in 1 month. "

Yes this is very scary and is true

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Was media hype "

The footage of children seperated from their families and held in cages was recorded by the US authorities and released by them.

They think it will act as a deterrent.

It is causing untold damage to the reputation of the US.

It is institutionalised child abuse.

upton wirral

Was media hype

The footage of children seperated from their families and held in cages was recorded by the US authorities and released by them.

They think it will act as a deterrent.

It is causing untold damage to the reputation of the US.

It is institutionalised child abuse."

I feel your Italy worries are more likely in the USA to be honest

stourbridge area

2, 000 children have been seperated from their parents ...

They have been put in cages....The chidren are heard crying for their mothers fathers and aunts .... shame on you donald trump , I hope you rot in hell for this .

"2, 000 children have been seperated from their parents ...

They have been put in cages....The chidren are heard crying for their mothers fathers and aunts .... shame on you donald trump , I hope you rot in hell for this . "

he should not be allowed into britain until all the children are released

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

he should not be allowed into britain until all the children are released "

actually... i want him to come here...

he so far has only visited countries where he thinks he will get a good reaction, and has put off coming here for the precise reason that he knows the optics of the demo that is being planned is going to look bad....

so yeah, looking forward to him seeing what the rest of the world truely thinks...

i am not actually disappointed in democrats... i am more disappointed in republicans who dont have a spine to stand up to him...

its no longer the republican party... its trumps party

Cambridge

"

he so far has only visited countries where he thinks he will get a good reaction, and has put off coming here for the precise reason that he knows the optics of the demo that is being planned is going to look bad....

so yeah, looking forward to him seeing what the rest of the world truely thinks...

i am not actually disappointed in democrats... i am more disappointed in republicans who dont have a spine to stand up to him...

its no longer the republican party... its trumps party"

I liked how the Secretary of Homeland Security blamed the problem on Congress. Erm, it's your party that controls both houses.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Was media hype "

The alt-right disinformation campaign continues.

Jeff Sessions church has filed a formal complaint against him for this. Good to see the pressure being turned up on these bullies.

If you want to see exactly how bad Trumps cronies are just look for the video of Corey Lewandowski saying "Womp Womp" in reaction to hearing a 10 year old with down syndrome was a victim of this.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

If you want to see exactly how bad Trumps cronies are just look for the video of Corey Lewandowski saying "Womp Womp" in reaction to hearing a 10 year old with down syndrome was a victim of this."

corey lewandowski's tv appearence on fox news compared to rachel maddows reaction on msnbc sums up where abouts we are at the moment......

"

its no longer the republican party... its trumps party"

Your prob right let him come and lets show him how disliked he is ,i know there are demonstrations being organised in scotland

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

I don't know how Theresa May can meet with him with what is going on with those kids, Think she is a bad as him now.

Cambridge

"I don't know how Theresa May can meet with him with what is going on with those kids, Think she is a bad as him now."

She wanted the same when she was at the home office. She wanted to deny education to the children of illegal immigrants, it was only her civil servants pointing out that that would violate the UN Treaty on the Rights of the Children and their fundamental human rights that she begrudgingly stepped down.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"I don't know how Theresa May can meet with him with what is going on with those kids, Think she is a bad as him now."

Your right her answer was not the sort of answer you wanted to hear

But having said that she ever gives a direct answer to any question she goes round the houses

But remember what did she say strong and stable

Yeah right my arse

You are judging it purely as a moral issue....I am sure personally she thinks the man is an ignoramus. But and like my own it is a big but, she needs him post Brexit for trade ....so for the good of the country she will go through with his visit.....

Cambridge

"You are judging it purely as a moral issue....I am sure personally she thinks the man is an ignoramus. But and like my own it is a big but, she needs him post Brexit for trade ....so for the good of the country she will go through with his visit..... "

So why did she want to take education away from immigrant children in the UK?

This is not a new "trump" thing this was well underway under the Obama adminsitration

Cambridge

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!""

Save the virtue signalling nonsense. Does the word 'illegal' get a mention in your little poem? Nope, thought not! These are illegal immigrants we are talking about if they want to get into the USA they should go through the proper legal channels.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is not a new "trump" thing this was well underway under the Obama adminsitration"

the policy and the law actually goes back to the bush 2 administration in 2008....

the way that is its now being implemented (zero tolerance of anyone crossing the border) is all trump administration!!!! and that is the bit he is not owning and trying to deflect

the ironic thing that is now going to happen under the Trump EO is exactly the same thing that Obama tried to do in an EO back in 2014..... but it got struck down as being illegal when it was challenged in court by several republican state AG's.....

so we shall see what now happens... as it is likely to be challenges by someone so it buys them a little time

oh and by the way, the shifty thing about the way the trump administration is that the policy of zero tolerance is still in effect, its just families won't be split apart... they are going to be kept on dept of defence military bases instead!!!

Cannock

""Give me your illegal tired, your illegal poor, Your illegal huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched illegal refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the illegal homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!""

Sounds a bit different with the above corrections.

upton wirral

Decision reversed by Trump very pleased

Newcastle and Gateshead

""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Save the virtue signalling nonsense. Does the word 'illegal' get a mention in your little poem? Nope, thought not! These are illegal immigrants we are talking about if they want to get into the USA they should go through the proper legal channels. "

oh dear lord!!!!

you do know that what CCLC is quoting is the poem on the base of the statue of liberty??????

and actaully.... with regard to the other pish you spout, under international law ...2 things...

1) anyone crossing a border to claim asylum cannot be in effect crossing the border illegal.....

2) the us authorities were telling people to try and cross the border at legal points.... and people going to those border points were being told to go elsewhere!

but thanks for being the crappy voice of the trump administration uk..... i know it must be a thankless task trying to defend the indefendable!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Decision reversed by Trump very pleased"

ahem... not reversed as such... you might want to go back and read my post....

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh well, the comedy value of centy coming into this thread was worth it alone...

Cannock

""Give me your illegal tired, your illegal poor, Your illegal huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched illegal refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the illegal homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

"

Does anyone (in particular Fabio) think any American would agree with the above if the wording was altered like this on the statue of Liberty?

No American in their right mind would agree to it, maybe apart from Fabio but maybe Fabio is the exception that proves the rule.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Seriously... is that the best argument you can come with centy... you have had 12 hrs to think of a better answer!

You could have just fessed up and admitted you didn’t know where the poem came from... but doubling down is a ballsy yet terrible move!

But hey you wanna keep digging... hope the hole isn’t too big

Cambridge

""Give me your illegal tired, your illegal poor, Your illegal huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched illegal refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the illegal homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Does anyone (in particular Fabio) think any American would agree with the above if the wording was altered like this on the statue of Liberty?

No American in their right mind would agree to it, maybe apart from Fabio but maybe Fabio is the exception that proves the rule. "

I don't think Centaur has much of a grasp on the immigration history of America.

Cambridge

No American in their right mind would agree to it, maybe apart from Fabio but maybe Fabio is the exception that proves the rule.

I don't think Centaur has much of a grasp on the immigration history of America."

Centaur would probably blame the slaves themselves for not having passports or work visas.

""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Save the virtue signalling nonsense. Does the word 'illegal' get a mention in your little poem? Nope, thought not! These are illegal immigrants we are talking about if they want to get into the USA they should go through the proper legal channels. "

I take it that part of "the new colossus" and where it is most famously engraved isn't something your fine education has exposed you to.

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

I don't think Centaur has much of a grasp on the immigration history of America.

Centaur would probably blame the slaves themselves for not having passports or work visas."

Regardless of who it was directed to, that answer literally made me laugh out loud (which doesn't happwn very often on here ). The reason for the reply is indeed sad, but the delivery was hillarious!

Cannock

"Seriously... is that the best argument you can come with centy... you have had 12 hrs to think of a better answer!

You could have just fessed up and admitted you didn’t know where the poem came from... but doubling down is a ballsy yet terrible move!

But hey you wanna keep digging... hope the hole isn’t too big "

So much assumption on your part, why are you assuming I didn't know where the poem came from? I challenged CLCC for posting it because the poem doesn't mention illegal immigrants and this is what this debate is all about, ILLEGAL immigration! You have to question why CLCC even brought it into the thread in the first place as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

By the way, It took you 18 hours to reply to my posts yesterday on your "Happy Eu withdrawal bill day" thread so if we're timing responses I'm 6 hours faster than you.

Cannock

Centaur would probably blame the slaves themselves for not having passports or work visas."

Isn't it time you got upto speed in the 21st century. It's 2018, and this thread is about what is happening now in the 21st century, we're not living in the 19th century now.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Centaur would probably blame the slaves themselves for not having passports or work visas.

Isn't it time you got upto speed in the 21st century. It's 2018, and this thread is about what is happening now in the 21st century, we're not living in the 19th century now. "

Yes, it is 2018. And the Trump administration decided to instead of taking asylum seekers into processing and determine their status, to instead send them to federal prison, and thus resulting in the separation of parents from children. This is entirely a Trump administration decision. And it is based on the so called 'immigration crisis' that he has entirely fabricated... most likely to try and take the heat of all the investigations into his own dodgy dealings.

-Matt

By *un_in_the_sunMan  over a year ago

paphos

if you do your own reshearch into it and not listen to false newa reports bill clinton was presedent when that law was brought in and the pictures of kids in the cages is from obamas time in office so if anything why was nothing reported at the time

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"if you do your own reshearch into it and not listen to false newa reports bill clinton was presedent when that law was brought in and the pictures of kids in the cages is from obamas time in office so if anything why was nothing reported at the time "

I have done my own research, which is why I wrote what I wrote. Yes, kids have been separated from their parents under previous administrations. But (as I wrote) the thing that Trump has brought in is a blanket policy to prosecute all illegal border crossing as criminal cases. Thus separating families by default.

Yesterday Trump signed an EO to reverse his previous policy, and to allow families to be kept together during processing. All the while crowing on about how it was the Democrats fault (despite it was his administration that brought this 'zero tolerance' policy in).

Which all fits in with his modus operandi of causing a bunch of un-necessary shit, blaming it on the other side, and then reversing it and claiming to be the 'good guy'.

-Matt

Cambridge

"if you do your own reshearch into it and not listen to false newa reports bill clinton was presedent when that law was brought in and the pictures of kids in the cages is from obamas time in office so if anything why was nothing reported at the time "

Why don't you tell that the Jeff Sessions' church who have started proceedings in church law for breaking with their doctrine?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I have done my own research, which is why I wrote what I wrote. Yes, kids have been separated from their parents under previous administrations. But (as I wrote) the thing that Trump has brought in is a blanket policy to prosecute all illegal border crossing as criminal cases. Thus separating families by default.

Yesterday Trump signed an EO to reverse his previous policy, and to allow families to be kept together during processing. All the while crowing on about how it was the Democrats fault (despite it was his administration that brought this 'zero tolerance' policy in).

Which all fits in with his modus operandi of causing a bunch of un-necessary shit, blaming it on the other side, and then reversing it and claiming to be the 'good guy'.

-Matt"

the great analogy being used at the moment is that trump is acting liking an arsonist trying to take credit for putting out the fire he created.....

To some this has been a shit storm.

However the Obama pics are clever. It reinforces the fake news element he lives off as well as shining a light to this being an existing practice.

I don’t think he cares he’s seen as backntracking. My guess is this was never his goal but something else. It was an opening gambit not an end game.

It was fake news

Cambridge

"It was fake news"

So why is the DHS admitting on camera that it is indeed happening?

"It was fake news

So why is the DHS admitting on camera that it is indeed happening? "

Wasnt this about the picture on the times magazines?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It was fake news

So why is the DHS admitting on camera that it is indeed happening? Wasnt this about the picture on the times magazines?"

the father of the child of the picture taken is saying she wasn't seperated from her mother.... but have been 2,342 cases since the policy was changed by the trump administration where children have been seperated from the adults they came across the border with

"It was fake news

So why is the DHS admitting on camera that it is indeed happening? Wasnt this about the picture on the times magazines?

the father of the child of the picture taken is saying she wasn't seperated from her mother.... but have been 2,342 cases since the policy was changed by the trump administration where children have been seperated from the adults they came across the border with"

Yes, they wonder how the times magazine got it so wrong, should they do a public apology to trump?

Cambridge

"It was fake news

So why is the DHS admitting on camera that it is indeed happening? "

No, it's not about a picture, it's about a policy. Why is the department admitting that policy if it's not true? If it's "fake news"?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"It was fake news"

Fake News? The footage of the children in cages was taken by the US authorities themselves, and released by them. They thought it would deter others if they saw what happened to those who were caught.

"It was fake news

Fake News? The footage of the children in cages was taken by the US authorities themselves, and released by them. They thought it would deter others if they saw what happened to those who were caught."

Are you talking about the pictures of children in cages from when Obama was in charge?

» Add a new message to this topic