FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Euro Exchange Rate. April. 2013.

Euro Exchange Rate. April. 2013.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *at69drive OP   Man  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

It is interesting to note that the exchange rate for Euros to the pound has hardly moved in the last three years . In April 2013 the rate was circa 1.18 to the pound which is not very different to the rate to day . We can hardly blame Brexit for the recent fall if this is the case as Brexit was not even talked about then.

Sometimes in life we have to face reality no matter how dissappointing that may be. The pound was over valued and it was inevitable that it would fall.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

It's the US$ that matters as so much is traded and purchased in dollars, and it's gone way past an acceptable realignment because the pound was around 6% too strong for the UK export markets compared to the dollar.....the strength of the Euro is less relevant.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"It's the US$ that matters as so much is traded and purchased in dollars, and it's gone way past an acceptable realignment because the pound was around 6% too strong for the UK export markets compared to the dollar.....the strength of the Euro is less relevant."

Well according to the experts 60% of our imports come from the EU which is the Euro so the Dollar should,nt make any difference to goods bought from the EU.

Babbacombe Torquay

"It's the US$ that matters as so much is traded and purchased in dollars, and it's gone way past an acceptable realignment because the pound was around 6% too strong for the UK export markets compared to the dollar.....the strength of the Euro is less relevant.

Well according to the experts 60% of our imports come from the EU which is the Euro so the Dollar should,nt make any difference to goods bought from the EU. "

Oil and gas are traded exclusively in US dollars.....affects EVERYONE in the UK on a daily basis

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

The markets see BREXIT as bad news got both the UK and the EU. It's not surprising that both have fallen. However, from my own experience, I'm able to buy less in Europe now than I could last year.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Business at the petrol pumps is just as brisk as ever, yeah there has been an increase in fuel prices, but it doesn't make a huge difference. All the same people come in, every day every night, they moan, but they still pay. It's the same with the booze and the fags, no matter how much they go up, the customers still buy them. Scratch cards, lottery tickets, it's an endless queue.

Like I've said before, this country will buy its way out of trouble, it always does.

Also the lorries are still causing jams on the M1 southbound of a night, en rout to Dover.

We will be fine I'm certain.

Babbacombe Torquay

"Business at the petrol pumps is just as brisk as ever, yeah there has been an increase in fuel prices, but it doesn't make a huge difference. All the same people come in, every day every night, they moan, but they still pay. It's the same with the booze and the fags, no matter how much they go up, the customers still buy them. Scratch cards, lottery tickets, it's an endless queue.

Like I've said before, this country will buy its way out of trouble, it always does.

Also the lorries are still causing jams on the M1 southbound of a night, en rout to Dover.

We will be fine I'm certain."

It's got sod all to do with people filling up their cars, it's got more to do with diesel prices for transporting goods, it all has a knock on effect, it's the cost of gas used in many areas manufacturing, it all eventually finishes up as a strain on retail prices.....

Diesel has gone up, but then it was so cheap earlier in the year that this was bound to happen. I'm also certain that the price will come back down eventually, that has been the case for decades. As for manufacturing, the cheaper pound will make our goods cheaper, and the extra export sales will make up for the price of haulage.

"Diesel has gone up, but then it was so cheap earlier in the year that this was bound to happen. I'm also certain that the price will come back down eventually, that has been the case for decades. As for manufacturing, the cheaper pound will make our goods cheaper, and the extra export sales will make up for the price of haulage."

Has the price of diesel gone up or did the exchange rate raise the price?

If the latter then there is still a chance for it to go up further.

[Removed by poster at 23/10/16 06:58:49]

"It is interesting to note that the exchange rate for Euros to the pound has hardly moved in the last three years . In April 2013 the rate was circa 1.18 to the pound which is not very different to the rate to day . We can hardly blame Brexit for the recent fall if this is the case as Brexit was not even talked about then.

Sometimes in life we have to face reality no matter how dissappointing that may be. The pound was over valued and it was inevitable that it would fall. "

It took 4 years to climb to 1.40. It took a few days to drop back to 1.10. Nothing to worry about. It could take years to go back. But i hope it does stay low. I saved 1000s on my student loan.

"Diesel has gone up, but then it was so cheap earlier in the year that this was bound to happen. I'm also certain that the price will come back down eventually, that has been the case for decades. As for manufacturing, the cheaper pound will make our goods cheaper, and the extra export sales will make up for the price of haulage.

Has the price of diesel gone up or did the exchange rate raise the price?

If the latter then there is still a chance for it to go up further."

Diesel went up, as did the price of oil. It happened for two reasons. Yes the fact that it has to be paid for in US dollars, but also because, in an attempt to put US oil companies out of business, the Saudis flooded the market with cheap oil. Earlier this year it was on £1.02 a litre, now it is about £1.17.

By *at69drive OP   Man  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Diesel has gone up, but then it was so cheap earlier in the year that this was bound to happen. I'm also certain that the price will come back down eventually, that has been the case for decades. As for manufacturing, the cheaper pound will make our goods cheaper, and the extra export sales will make up for the price of haulage."
In addition transport costs are only a small part of the cost of our goods . Vehicles are also a lot more fuel efficient now as well

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It is interesting to note that the exchange rate for Euros to the pound has hardly moved in the last three years . In April 2013 the rate was circa 1.18 to the pound which is not very different to the rate to day . We can hardly blame Brexit for the recent fall if this is the case as Brexit was not even talked about then.

Sometimes in life we have to face reality no matter how dissappointing that may be. The pound was over valued and it was inevitable that it would fall. "

What goes up allways comes down and visa versa

Feels the 140 plus against the euro was manipulated to show us how well we were doing just prior to the vote. Its also quite interesting when you look back over the long term at the rates.

» Add a new message to this topic