FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sleepy Joe calls aillies xenophobic

Sleepy Joe calls aillies xenophobic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

US President Joe Biden has called Japan and India "xenophobic", grouping them together with Russia and China as countries that "don't want immigrants".

His criticism of Japan comes just weeks after he called the US-Japan alliance "unbreakable" during a state visit from Prime Minister Fumio Kishida.

India is also a key US partner, despite US concerns about human rights and religious freedoms there.

The White House says that Mr Biden meant no offence to either country.

Speaking to a predominantly Asian-American audience at a campaign fundraising event on Wednesday evening, Mr Biden said that the US election this November was about "freedom, America and democracy".

"Why? Because we welcome immigrants," he added. "Think about it. Why is China stalling so badly economically? Why is Japan having trouble. Why is Russia? Why is India? Because they're xenophobic. They don't want immigrants."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68947042

Even the BBC poured cold water on his claims with Russia.

As far as I'm away all the countries have huge populations, and quite a few in poverty too. So why would they want more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *altenkommandoMan 2 weeks ago

milton keynes

"US President Joe Biden has called Japan and India "xenophobic", grouping them together with Russia and China as countries that "don't want immigrants".

His criticism of Japan comes just weeks after he called the US-Japan alliance "unbreakable" during a state visit from Prime Minister Fumio Kishida.

India is also a key US partner, despite US concerns about human rights and religious freedoms there.

Speaking to a predominantly Asian-American audience at a campaign fundraising event on Wednesday evening, Mr Biden said that the US election this November was about "freedom, America and democracy".

"Why? Because we welcome immigrants," he added. "Think about it. Why is China stalling so badly economically? Why is Japan having trouble. Why is Russia? Why is India? Because they're xenophobic. They don't want immigrants."

As far as I'm away all the countries have huge populations, and quite a few in poverty too. So why would they want more?"

They don’t. The only people who think that open borders and mass migration are a good thing are the virtue signalling left, who for the most part are financially insulated from the consequences of the polciies they espouse. The real burden of mass migration falls financially on the lower-middle/professional classes that are forced to pay for the policy by extortionate taxes and the working classes who have to absorb them and find themselves undercut from the labour market and deprived of resources such as school places, access to healthcare and services as localised demand suddenly outpaces supply.

Biden’s preaching to his mates who rock up to Davos in their private jets to tell us all we should pay more to live our frugal lives.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 weeks ago

golden fields

"US President Joe Biden has called Japan and India "xenophobic", grouping them together with Russia and China as countries that "don't want immigrants".

As far as I'm away all the countries have huge populations, and quite a few in poverty too. So why would they want more?

They don’t. The only people who think that open borders and mass migration are a good thing are the virtue signalling left, who for the most part are financially insulated from the consequences of the polciies they espouse. The real burden of mass migration falls financially on the lower-middle/professional classes that are forced to pay for the policy by extortionate taxes and the working classes who have to absorb them and find themselves undercut from the labour market and deprived of resources such as school places, access to healthcare and services as localised demand suddenly outpaces supply.

Biden’s preaching to his mates who rock up to Davos in their private jets to tell us all we should pay more to live our frugal lives. "

Absolutely savage take down of people who lap up the anti-immigrant rhetoric.

By *melie LALWoman 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

Biden’s preaching to his mates who rock up to Davos in their private jets to tell us all we should pay more to live our frugal lives. "

But he is left wing, no?

By *ostindreamsMan 2 weeks ago

London

Mr.Joe Biden can go do one.

India is the most multicultural country in the world. Far ahead of the US. Xenophobia my ass.

As for Japan, I am sorry that they refuse to drink the "Diversity is awesome" kool-aid the west is selling.

golden fields

"Mr.Joe Biden can go do one.

India is the most multicultural country in the world. Far ahead of the US. Xenophobia my ass.

As for Japan, I am sorry that they refuse to drink the "Diversity is awesome" kool-aid the west is selling."

So multiculturalism and diversity is good and bad?

Xenophobia is good and bad?

London

As for Japan, I am sorry that they refuse to drink the "Diversity is awesome" kool-aid the west is selling.

Xenophobia is good and bad?"

Multiculturalism and diversity are neither good nor bad in itself.

If people want it, they have it. It's really hard to make it work. In India, every state has its own culture and hence the power is more devolved to state governments. That's why people consider state government elections to be much more important than central government elections. State governments set policies which are more aligned to their culture.

Other countries do not have such a system in place to make multiculturalism work. So if they are not bothered to do it, that's their wish. Idiots like Joe Biden who randomly throw around the word like Xenophobia can keep screaming into the void. No one from these countries will give a fuck.

By *oxychick35Couple 2 weeks ago

thornaby

this is what happens when you get really old ppl running the world Biden hasn’t got all his marbles it’s sad that they keep rolling him out to embarrass himself his uncle bosey speech was sad to watch and trumps only few years behind him really should be an upper age limit

golden fields

If people want it, they have it. It's really hard to make it work. In India, every state has its own culture and hence the power is more devolved to state governments. That's why people consider state government elections to be much more important than central government elections. State governments set policies which are more aligned to their culture.

Other countries do not have such a system in place to make multiculturalism work. So if they are not bothered to do it, that's their wish. Idiots like Joe Biden who randomly throw around the word like Xenophobia can keep screaming into the void. No one from these countries will give a fuck."

That's an interesting reply.

I guess I was focussing on your comment about diversity and coolaid.

By *altenkommandoMan 2 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Biden’s preaching to his mates who rock up to Davos in their private jets to tell us all we should pay more to live our frugal lives. this is what happens when you get really old ppl running the world Biden hasn’t got all his marbles it’s sad that they keep rolling him out to embarrass himself his uncle bosey speech was sad to watch and trumps only few years behind him really should be an upper age limit "

It’s a function of the lack of credible politicians not necessarily age. The Democrats went with Biden because Hilary Clinton has the stench of sleaze all over her and even moderate Dems hate her, Harris is unhinged and they have no-one else. The GOP is too fragmented to find a credible candidate (of whom they have some) that wouldn’t cause an allergic reaction from one side of the party or the other and so they got Trump. The younger candidates are either too radical on the left or too unacceptable to either wing on the right (or just lack charisma) so you get what you get.

London

Other countries do not have such a system in place to make multiculturalism work. So if they are not bothered to do it, that's their wish. Idiots like Joe Biden who randomly throw around the word like Xenophobia can keep screaming into the void. No one from these countries will give a fuck.

I guess I was focussing on your comment about diversity and coolaid."

Yes, if Joe Biden feels diversity is awesome, he can drink the kool aid. But he can't expect every other country to drink the same kool aid.

And not wanting multiculturalism and diversity isn't xenophobia either. Many people are smart enough to realise that it takes lot of hard work to get people with cultural incompatibilities to live together in peace. If they don't want to do that hard work and just want to stop immigration, that's totally fine. It's not Xenophobic.

Unfortunately losers like Biden don't think with that kind of nuance and brand everyone against immigration as a Xenophobe.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 2 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

In the case of India isn't that where lots people emmigrate from? At least the more well off ones do. Who the fuck would want to move to India?

golden fields

Yes, if Joe Biden feels diversity is awesome, he can drink the kool aid. But he can't expect every other country to drink the same kool aid.

And not wanting multiculturalism and diversity isn't xenophobia either. Many people are smart enough to realise that it takes lot of hard work to get people with cultural incompatibilities to live together in peace. If they don't want to do that hard work and just want to stop immigration, that's totally fine. It's not Xenophobic.

Unfortunately losers like Biden don't think with that kind of nuance and brand everyone against immigration as a Xenophobe. "

Diversity and multiculturalism work really well wherever I've lived. The only elements that struggle are, let's be polite, people with "old fashioned" perspectives.

Everyone else gets on just fine.

golden fields

"In the case of India isn't that where lots people emmigrate from? At least the more well off ones do. Who the fuck would want to move to India?"

Lots of retired Brits move to India.

London

Unfortunately losers like Biden don't think with that kind of nuance and brand everyone against immigration as a Xenophobe.

Diversity and multiculturalism work really well wherever I've lived. The only elements that struggle are, let's be polite, people with "old fashioned" perspectives.

Everyone else gets on just fine."

It hasn't worked well in the UK for sure. You have a people living in hiding for years because they drew a picture which some far right groups consider blasphemy.

London

"In the case of India isn't that where lots people emmigrate from? At least the more well off ones do. Who the fuck would want to move to India?"

Millions emigrate out of India and net emigration is superhigh in India. But there are many people from poorer countries who move to India.

golden fields

It hasn't worked well in the UK for sure. You have a people living in hiding for years because they drew a picture which some far right groups consider blasphemy."

It's worked extremely well, nearly everyone gets on just fine.

As you mentioned, it's only the very fringe "old fashioned" elements that cause problems.

London

It hasn't worked well in the UK for sure. You have a people living in hiding for years because they drew a picture which some far right groups consider blasphemy.

As you mentioned, it's only the very fringe "old fashioned" elements that cause problems."

Yup. Old fashioned extremists who couldn't even handle someone drawing a picture or burning a book. They are the problem. Countries like Japan decided they don't want to have that problem. All power to them.

golden fields

As you mentioned, it's only the very fringe "old fashioned" elements that cause problems.

Yup. Old fashioned extremists who couldn't even handle someone drawing a picture or burning a book. They are the problem. Countries like Japan decided they don't want to have that problem. All power to them."

Judging a large group of people on one to small fringe elements is nothing to be proud of.

London

Yup. Old fashioned extremists who couldn't even handle someone drawing a picture or burning a book. They are the problem. Countries like Japan decided they don't want to have that problem. All power to them.

Judging a large group of people on one to small fringe elements is nothing to be proud of."

I don't think anyone is judging a large group of people. We know that a part of the group will resort to violence if their imaginary being is insulted. The Japanese do not want to deal with the problem even if it's only a part of the group because there is no way to figure out who among the group will resort to violence. So the Japanese would rather control immigration entirely. What's so wrong with that?

golden fields

Judging a large group of people on one to small fringe elements is nothing to be proud of.

I don't think anyone is judging a large group of people. We know that a part of the group will resort to violence if their imaginary being is insulted. The Japanese do not want to deal with the problem even if it's only a part of the group because there is no way to figure out who among the group will resort to violence. So the Japanese would rather control immigration entirely. What's so wrong with that?"

I think we've reached this impasse before.

I'll never agree with you that we should be prejudice against Muslims.

You'll never agree with me that we should judge people by their actions and the things they say.

So maybe let's just move on back to Biden?

London

I don't think anyone is judging a large group of people. We know that a part of the group will resort to violence if their imaginary being is insulted. The Japanese do not want to deal with the problem even if it's only a part of the group because there is no way to figure out who among the group will resort to violence. So the Japanese would rather control immigration entirely. What's so wrong with that?

You'll never agree with me that we should judge people by their actions and the things they say.

So maybe let's just move on back to Biden? "

We haven't reached an impasse. As always, you don't have an answer and are trying to deflect.

My point is simple. The Japanese want to continue to live in a society where they don't get death threats for burning a book or drawing a picture. Not all Muslims will do it. But some do. Hence they would rather block immigration entirely.

If you or Biden thinks that's Xenophobic, you should also give them a solution of how to take so many Muslim immigrants while continuing to maintain a society where people don't get these death threats.

If you and Biden do not have a solution for this, both can keep your moral opinions to yourselves. No one gives a damn about it.

golden fields

So maybe let's just move on back to Biden?

We haven't reached an impasse. As always, you don't have an answer and are trying to deflect.

My point is simple. The Japanese want to continue to live in a society where they don't get death threats for burning a book or drawing a picture. Not all Muslims will do it. But some do. Hence they would rather block immigration entirely.

"

Correct, judging all immigrants by the actions of an extreme minority. Overall their no more or less likely to kill someone that a Japanese person

"

If you or Biden thinks that's Xenophobic,

"

I don't have an opinion on your assumption of my opinion of Bidens opinion.

"

you should also give them a solution of how to take so many Muslim immigrants while continuing to maintain a society where people don't get these death threats.

"

Why would it be down to non-xenophobic, non-islamaphobic people to suggest what the Japanese should do?

"

If you and Biden do not have a solution for this, both can keep your moral opinions to yourselves. No one gives a damn about it. "

That's right, anyone not a bigot should shut up and keep our non-xenophobic crap to ourselves. This is the kind of society we need to live in.

London

"

Correct, judging all immigrants by the actions of an extreme minority. Overall their no more or less likely to kill someone that a Japanese person

"

I don't think I said they judged all people by an action of extreme minority. There are plenty of Muslims who won't do that. But some of them do. That would result in a change in their society - a change they don't want. So they don't have prejudice towards the entire population.

"

Why would it be down to non-xenophobic, non-islamaphobic people to suggest what the Japanese should do?

"

Because you are already doing that by criticising their immigration stance. If you people shut up about another country's immigration stance, we won't ask you for a solution?

"

That's right, anyone not a bigot should shut up and keep our non-xenophobic crap to ourselves. This is the kind of society we need to live in. "

No. People like you and Biden still have the colonizer mindset. That's why you are giving moral lectures about other countries. And both of you are bigots too because you are making blanket statements about Japan and India.

golden fields

"

I don't think I said they judged all people by an action of extreme minority. There are plenty of Muslims who won't do that. But some of them do. That would result in a change in their society - a change they don't want. So they don't have prejudice towards the entire population.

Because you are already doing that by criticising their immigration stance.

"

You've made that up about me. I haven't expressed an opinion about Japanese immigration policy.

"

If you people shut up about another country's immigration stance, we won't ask you for a solution?

"

Then what's left, a world where only people who are prejudice against Muslims and immigrants are allowed to speak up?

"

That's right, anyone not a bigot should shut up and keep our non-xenophobic crap to ourselves. This is the kind of society we need to live in.

No. People like you and Biden still have the colonizer mindset. That's why you are giving moral lectures about other countries. And both of you are bigots too because you are making blanket statements about Japan and India."

That's right, all non-xenophobic people who aren't bigoted, are in fact bigots.

Side note, you've made up an awful lot of crap about me which you've then got really angry about. Doesn't seem like a good approach.

London

"

You've made that up about me. I haven't expressed an opinion about Japanese immigration policy.

"

Biden just said that Japan is xenophobic. You have been making repeated comments about Islamophobia. Now you say you haven't expressed an opinion on Japanese immigration policy? So, should I assume that you believe Japanese immigration policy isn't Xenophobic?

"

Then what's left, a world where only people who are prejudice against Muslims and immigrants are allowed to speak up?

"

You have the right to speak up. But your opinion is worthless. And I don't think anyone here is prejudiced against Muslims here.

"

"

People who make blanket statements about an entire country are bigoted. That's what the racist and Xenophobic Biden did. And you are supporting him.

"

Side note, you've made up an awful lot of crap about me which you've then got really angry about. Doesn't seem like a good approach. "

I don't feel angry about

It's funny that you call other people Islamophobes and Xenophobes while repeatedly supporting a Xenophobic opinion of Biden.

golden fields

"

Biden just said that Japan is xenophobic. You have been making repeated comments about Islamophobia. Now you say you haven't expressed an opinion on Japanese immigration policy? So, should I assume that you believe Japanese immigration policy isn't Xenophobic?

You have the right to speak up. But your opinion is worthless. And I don't think anyone here is prejudiced against Muslims here.

People who make blanket statements about an entire country are bigoted. That's what the racist and Xenophobic Biden did. And you are supporting him.

Side note, you've made up an awful lot of crap about me which you've then got really angry about. Doesn't seem like a good approach.

I don't feel angry about

It's funny that you call other people Islamophobes and Xenophobes while repeatedly supporting a Xenophobic opinion of Biden."

This is just getting really bizarre. I tried to say we'd reached an impasse but you then just started making up loads of random shit about me and calling me a bigot, because I'm not bigoted.

I'll leave you to it.

London

"

I don't feel angry about

It's funny that you call other people Islamophobes and Xenophobes while repeatedly supporting a Xenophobic opinion of Biden.

This is just getting really bizarre. I tried to say we'd reached an impasse but you then just started making up loads of random shit about me and calling me a bigot, because I'm not bigoted.

I'll leave you to it. "

You are the one who random baseless remarks, called yourself a non-xenophobe and non-Islamphobe(that self-praise was funny btw ), blamed others as being prejudiced against Muslims without any reason and the moment I pointed out the problems with your arguments, you backed off by saying that you don't really have any opinion.

As always, you don't argue with good faith. You just want to throw away the buzzwords like Xenophobia, Islamophobia, etc. at random people with zero intent of having a reasonable argument. I made the mistake of arguing with you and wasting my time yet again. Won't happen again.

By *oxychick35Couple 2 weeks ago

thornaby

I don't think anyone is judging a large group of people. We know that a part of the group will resort to violence if their imaginary being is insulted. The Japanese do not want to deal with the problem even if it's only a part of the group because there is no way to figure out who among the group will resort to violence. So the Japanese would rather control immigration entirely. What's so wrong with that?"

nothing wrong at all it’s a common sence approach

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 1 week ago

M20

This is misdirection on Bidens part. The case for India being pro immigration has already been made.

Russias population collapsed at the end of the USSR. Putin has been pouring money in to schemes to increase immigration for years.

The future of its economy needs more fit, working age people.

» Add a new message to this topic