FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Govt and the NHS constitution

Govt and the NHS constitution

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

NHS charter to stress biological sex when placing patients in wards. Transgender women not to be put on single sex female wards, but in single rooms if available; and likewise transmen not on male wards

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idnight RamblerMan 2 weeks ago

Pershore

"NHS charter to stress biological sex when placing patients in wards. Transgender women not to be put on single sex female wards, but in single rooms if available; and likewise transmen not on male wards"

So for what purpose were those single rooms hitherto?

Peterborough

"NHS charter to stress biological sex when placing patients in wards. Transgender women not to be put on single sex female wards, but in single rooms if available; and likewise transmen not on male wards

So for what purpose were those single rooms hitherto?"

Isolation or end of life.

By *heel markMan 2 weeks ago

beside the sea

A common sense move , in my opinion.

Peterborough

"A common sense move , in my opinion. "

I wouldn't want to see post op transwomen in a male ward.

By *heel markMan 2 weeks ago

beside the sea

It wouldn't just be post -op though would it , it would be pre-op aswell , you can't discriminate

Peterborough

"It wouldn't just be post -op though would it , it would be pre-op aswell , you can't discriminate "

The reason I say post op because, right or wrong I assume the person has been taking hormone pills. It's not ethical to discriminate pre/post, but the journey from man to woman is a long one and I'm thinking a post op transwoman would be more vulnerable on a male ward than the women on a female ward her.

I'm working on a basis there are no single rooms free.

By *oxychick35Couple 2 weeks ago

thornaby

"A common sense move , in my opinion.

I wouldn't want to see post op transwomen in a male ward."

what about women who don’t want them on there wards tho

Peterborough

"A common sense move , in my opinion.

I wouldn't want to see post op transwomen in a male ward.what about women who don’t want them on there wards tho "

As the govt stance is as I put in first post, they have nothing to worry about.

Where I did my training, there was a transwoman with the women, and trans man (lad) with the men. Neither caused problems.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 2 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I'm thinking a post op transwoman would be more vulnerable on a male ward than the women on a female ward her."

Is it common for patients to assault other patients whilst in NHS facilities?

Would a transwoman have more to fear from the men in a male ward, or the TERFs on the female ward.

Peterborough

"I'm thinking a post op transwoman would be more vulnerable on a male ward than the women on a female ward her.

Would a transwoman have more to fear from the men in a male ward, or the TERFs on the female ward."

Good question for the transwomen here.

Peterborough

"I'm thinking a post op transwoman would be more vulnerable on a male ward than the women on a female ward her.

Would a transwoman have more to fear from the men in a male ward, or the TERFs on the female ward."

Most medical patients are too poorly to fear other patients.

By *G LanaTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Gosport

Another government minister announcing the outcome of a consultation process a couple of months before it completes! Is it clear yet that these processes are just a PR exercise?

Pershore

"NHS charter to stress biological sex when placing patients in wards. Transgender women not to be put on single sex female wards, but in single rooms if available; and likewise transmen not on male wards

Isolation or end of life."

I see. Well I suppose this stuff is more important than the contagiously sick and dying eh?

Peterborough

Isolation or end of life.

I see. Well I suppose this stuff is more important than the contagiously sick and dying eh?"

No, hence, if available

Peterborough

"Another government minister announcing the outcome of a consultation process a couple of months before it completes! Is it clear yet that these processes are just a PR exercise?"

The Tories are twats but want this as a vote winner. Disgusting

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 weeks ago

golden fields

"Another government minister announcing the outcome of a consultation process a couple of months before it completes! Is it clear yet that these processes are just a PR exercise?

The Tories are twats but want this as a vote winner. Disgusting "

In fairness to the Tories. They know that any kind of policy of rhetoric like this will bring in an element of the electorate.

By *llie37555Man 2 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Another government minister announcing the outcome of a consultation process a couple of months before it completes! Is it clear yet that these processes are just a PR exercise?

In fairness to the Tories. They know that any kind of policy of rhetoric like this will bring in an element of the electorate. "

Since rhetoric is the art of speaking or writing effectively, why should it not 'bring in an element of the electorate' - those with intelligence and common sense?

A feet on the ground, common sense move.

Peterborough

In fairness to the Tories. They know that any kind of policy of rhetoric like this will bring in an element of the electorate.

Since rhetoric is the art of speaking or writing effectively, why should it not 'bring in an element of the electorate' - those with intelligence and common sense?

A feet on the ground, common sense move. "

It does not promote inclusivity

golden fields

A feet on the ground, common sense move. "

Agree. And it's working too. This will work on the same kind of people who rant about foriegners, and get excited about the government spunking 100s millions on trafficking humans to Rwanda.

By *otMe66Man 2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

We cannot change a persons biological sex, therefore these decisions will need to be made, however unpopular.

By *uvnylonsMan 2 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I think Post Op TS men or women should be placed in the ward of their new gender. They have gone through their transition, had the operation so are 100% committed to being the gender they feel they born to be. However, pre op is a different matter. I think they should be placed with the gender they are not the one they feel they want to be.

that may be controversial to some but I believe until you have had that operation, you are what you are and what you want to be doesnt matter to anyone other than yourself.

thornaby

Agree. And it's working too. This will work on the same kind of people who rant about foriegners, and get excited about the government spunking 100s millions on trafficking humans to Rwanda. "

typical you this always fall short of calling ppl what really want to call them lol this isn’t about Rwanda petal

By *AFKA HovisMan 2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Do we know why this recommendation is made ? Is it from a medical pov or one of accomodating the views and fears of other patients ?

Peterborough

"Do we know why this recommendation is made ? Is it from a medical pov or one of accomodating the views and fears of other patients ? "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68923861.amp

It's purely political.

By *AFKA HovisMan 2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Do we know why this recommendation is made ? Is it from a medical pov or one of accomodating the views and fears of other patients ?

It's purely political."

read that. Not sure it answers my question tbh. It's got a spin over the top. But I don't know why the report has made the proposals.

golden fields

Agree. And it's working too. This will work on the same kind of people who rant about foriegners, and get excited about the government spunking 100s millions on trafficking humans to Rwanda. typical you

"

I'm flattered you pay this much attention to me.

"

this always fall short of calling ppl what really want to call them lol

"

What people, and what do I want to call them?

"

this isn’t about Rwanda petal "

I didn't say it was, this is about government rhetoric and policy designed to rile an element of the electorate. Which as I mentioned is similar to the Rwanda-waste-of-public-money. Which is what I've said.

Peterborough

"Do we know why this recommendation is made ? Is it from a medical pov or one of accomodating the views and fears of other patients ?

It's purely political.read that. Not sure it answers my question tbh. It's got a spin over the top. But I don't know why the report has made the proposals. "

I read the govt updates the charter every 10 years.

Market Drayton

Agree. And it's working too. This will work on the same kind of people who rant about foriegners, and get excited about the government spunking 100s millions on trafficking humans to Rwanda. typical you

this isn’t about Rwanda petal

I didn't say it was, this is about government rhetoric and policy designed to rile an element of the electorate. Which as I mentioned is similar to the Rwanda-waste-of-public-money. Which is what I've said.

"

Why do you think it's just Government rhetoric and policy and the Daily Express /Mail which riles an element of the electorate? Could it not be that reasonable people are able to form their own opinions from the circumstances in front of them?

When I was the victim of burglary some time ago, I felt violated, unfairly deprived of what I had worked for and very upset and irritated. I didn't need the Daily Mail to tell me this or the Government to send me details of the 1968 Theft Act. You seem to think people, chiefly Brexiteers and Tories, are automans only able to function and feel and form views when they've watched a Tory party political broadcast or finished the Daily Mail.

How grossly insulting to very many people.

golden fields

Why do you think it's just Government rhetoric and policy and the Daily Express /Mail which riles an element of the electorate? Could it not be that reasonable people are able to form their own opinions from the circumstances in front of them?"

Indeed, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

"

When I was the victim of burglary some time ago, I felt violated, unfairly deprived of what I had worked for and very upset and irritated. I didn't need the Daily Mail to tell me this or the Government to send me details of the 1968 Theft Act.

"

This is a good example. You're correct to feel aggrieved at being burgled.

However people who blame all their woes on immigrants, who have no money and power, and yet never question the government who have all the money and power.

"

You seem to think people, chiefly Brexiteers and Tories, are automans only able to function and feel and form views when they've watched a Tory party political broadcast or finished the Daily Mail.

"

No, but it's clear people who aren't paying attention are influenced to fall for whatever nonsense the government wants to use to divide and distract the people.

"

"

Isn't it less than it is to assume people are actually just bad people, or whatever the proposed alternative is.

Market Drayton

Why do you think it's just Government rhetoric and policy and the Daily Express /Mail which riles an element of the electorate? Could it not be that reasonable people are able to form their own opinions from the circumstances in front of them?

When I was the victim of burglary some time ago, I felt violated, unfairly deprived of what I had worked for and very upset and irritated. I didn't need the Daily Mail to tell me this or the Government to send me details of the 1968 Theft Act.

However people who blame all their woes on immigrants, who have no money and power, and yet never question the government who have all the money and power.

You seem to think people, chiefly Brexiteers and Tories, are automans only able to function and feel and form views when they've watched a Tory party political broadcast or finished the Daily Mail.

No, but it's clear people who aren't paying attention are influenced to fall for whatever nonsense the government wants to use to divide and distract the people.

Isn't it less than it is to assume people are actually just bad people, or whatever the proposed alternative is. "

1.Whats the evidence?

2.I really with respect don't need your permission to feel aggrieved. (It was 2009 and I'm over it now) I didn't blame it on immigrants or the Government (the Labour Govt in fact tried to help him - in vain - with various treatment programmes paid for by the taxpayer)

I blamed it on the criminal 24 year old heroin addict who burgled me.

3. Equally, others who aren't paying attention are influenced to fall for whatever nonsense the opposition wants to use to gain power and divide and distract the people.

4. I can't decipher what you're trying to say here - genuinely.

By *otMe66Man 2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Do we know why this recommendation is made ? Is it from a medical pov or one of accomodating the views and fears of other patients ? "

From the NHS press release:

An updated NHS Constitution would reinforce the NHS’s commitment to providing single-sex wards. This includes setting out that placing transgender patients in single-room accommodation is permissible under the Equality Act 2010 when it is appropriate, such as respecting a patient’s wish to be in a single-sex ward.?

The government has been clear that biological sex matters. The constitution proposal makes clear what patients can expect from NHS services in meeting their needs, including the different biological needs of the sexes. Illnesses and conditions that we know impact men and women differently should be communicated in a clear and accurate way. ?

Pershore

When I was the victim of burglary some time ago, I felt violated, unfairly deprived of what I had worked for and very upset and irritated. I didn't need the Daily Mail to tell me this or the Government to send me details of the 1968 Theft Act. You seem to think people, chiefly Brexiteers and Tories, are automans only able to function and feel and form views when they've watched a Tory party political broadcast or finished the Daily Mail.

"

Glancing at the Guardian feeds I get, they are as bad if not worse than the DM/DE for hysterical headlines. In a sense their propaganda is more insidious because they purport to be broadsheet format serious journalism. Many people buy into that, and fall for their drivel hook line & sinker.

golden fields

Isn't it less than it is to assume people are actually just bad people, or whatever the proposed alternative is.

1.Whats the evidence?

"

You mentioned "Brexiteers and Tories". The impacts of Brexit and the state of the country after 14 years of Tory rule are the evidence. People voted for these things.

"

2.I really with respect don't need your permission to feel aggrieved.

"

Excellent, I didn't give you, or not give you permission.

"

(It was 2009 and I'm over it now) I didn't blame it on immigrants or the Government (the Labour Govt in fact tried to help him - in vain - with various treatment programmes paid for by the taxpayer)

I blamed it on the criminal 24 year old heroin addict who burgled me.

"

Yes exactly, this seems to be backing up my point.

"

3. Equally, others who aren't paying attention are influenced to fall for whatever nonsense the opposition wants to use to gain power and divide and distract the people.

"

Yes

"

4. I can't decipher what you're trying to say here - genuinely.

"

I dunno what it is that you don't know. I'm not making a point, I was addressing the question you asked me and the things you accused me of.

thornaby

"

he’s been like this for yrs mate he never says what he realy thinks just snide comments there used to be a squad of them on here still upset over brexit

golden fields

he’s been like this for yrs mate he never says what he realy thinks just snide comments there used to be a squad of them on here still upset over brexit "

You seem to be following me around accusing me of not saying what I really think. I've no idea what it is that you think I "really think". I've tried to be as clear as possible.

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?

thornaby

he’s been like this for yrs mate he never says what he realy thinks just snide comments there used to be a squad of them on here still upset over brexit

You seem to be following me around accusing me of not saying what I really think. I've no idea what it is that you think I "really think". I've tried to be as clear as possible.

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?"

im not following you around mate I’m commenting on the forum and you’ve been on here a long time saying pretty much the same things change it up a bit if you don’t want it pointing out it’s same shit diffrent day with you and guess what we never fell of that cliff it just didn’t happen the biggest change to all our lives isn’t brexit it was the covid pandemic

Peterborough

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?im not following you around mate I’m commenting on the forum and you’ve been on here a long time saying pretty much the same things change it up a bit if you don’t want it pointing out it’s same shit diffrent day with you and guess what we never fell of that cliff it just didn’t happen the biggest change to all our lives isn’t brexit it was the covid pandemic "

Have to kind of disagree: the trio of Brexit, COVID, and Russia's assault on the UK has greatly impacted us. Greater than the events is mismanagement of the events and/or consequences by the government

golden fields

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?im not following you around mate I’m commenting on the forum and you’ve been on here a long time saying pretty much the same things change it up a bit if you don’t want it pointing out it’s same shit diffrent day with you and guess what we never fell of that cliff it just didn’t happen the biggest change to all our lives isn’t brexit it was the covid pandemic "

Just so we're clear. You're just here to have a go at me personally, and have nothing to add to the discussion?

thornaby

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?im not following you around mate I’m commenting on the forum and you’ve been on here a long time saying pretty much the same things change it up a bit if you don’t want it pointing out it’s same shit diffrent day with you and guess what we never fell of that cliff it just didn’t happen the biggest change to all our lives isn’t brexit it was the covid pandemic

Have to kind of disagree: the trio of Brexit, COVID, and Russia's assault on the UK has greatly impacted us. Greater than the events is mismanagement of the events and/or consequences by the government "

im not aware of a Russian assault on the U.K.

Peterborough

Are we not allowed to have an understanding of the impact of Brexit anymore? And if not, why not?im not following you around mate I’m commenting on the forum and you’ve been on here a long time saying pretty much the same things change it up a bit if you don’t want it pointing out it’s same shit diffrent day with you and guess what we never fell of that cliff it just didn’t happen the biggest change to all our lives isn’t brexit it was the covid pandemic

Have to kind of disagree: the trio of Brexit, COVID, and Russia's assault on the UK has greatly impacted us. Greater than the events is mismanagement of the events and/or consequences by the government im not aware of a Russian assault on the U.K. "

A typo, Ukraine

Market Drayton

Glancing at the Guardian feeds I get, they are as bad if not worse than the DM/DE for hysterical headlines. In a sense their propaganda is more insidious because they purport to be broadsheet format serious journalism. Many people buy into that, and fall for their drivel hook line & sinker."

I could not agree with you more. Most of it is unrealistic, lily-livered tosh.

Market Drayton

he’s been like this for yrs mate he never says what he realy thinks just snide comments there used to be a squad of them on here still upset over brexit "

I'm beginning to see this mate! It's as if some people go as far as they can without using the totally inappropriate R word and are dancing round it so much, they can't make themselves understood. When you politely ask them to clarify, they just double down.

Market Drayton

Well said! You're no more following him around than he is you. In actual fact, neither of you are doing any such thing. You're both simply participating on a forum, with different views. But to try to 'win', some people resort to allegations of 'stalking', 'trolling'.

It seems to increasingly be the tactic of the Left. In any online discussion, there will be disagreements. When faced with arguments that go against their preconceptions, a person can discredit and delegitimise an opposing argument by accusing its author of being a troll or even a bot, without having to consider the merits of the debate itself. If, for example, a person who identifies as a liberal sees a comment that they find offensive because it’s written in support of Tory policies that person may be tempted to say the comment is written by a troll or they're being followed around (!) simply because they are aware of the issues with trolling from mainstream media. This is very problematic in creating a democratically valuable online debate, as accusations of trolling could become a form of exclusion that reduces the value of online political debates. It is also potentially problematic on a personal level for any real person making an argument, only to be met with accusations of being a troll or a foreign agent, or not even being human! They're trying to make it uncomfortable for a person to have their arguments dismissed, and to be accused of being something that they are not. Don't rise to it!

Market Drayton

Have to kind of disagree: the trio of Brexit, COVID, and Russia's assault on the UK has greatly impacted us. Greater than the events is mismanagement of the events and/or consequences by the government "

In a way, I agree. I'd put it slightly differently in that the effects of Brexit are hard to evaluate because of COVID, and Russia's assault on Ukraine (rather than the UK?). The latter two are totally outwith the Government's control.

Market Drayton

Just so we're clear. You're just here to have a go at me personally, and have nothing to add to the discussion?

"

He is saying the covid pandemic has had a massive impact. That's adding to the discussion in my book. Aren't false accusations of being followed around, having a go personally? He's entitled to respond in like fashion.

Market Drayton

Have to kind of disagree: the trio of Brexit, COVID, and Russia's assault on the UK has greatly impacted us. Greater than the events is mismanagement of the events and/or consequences by the government im not aware of a Russian assault on the U.K.

A typo, Ukraine"

Sorry, I see the acknowledgement of a typo now.

golden fields

He is saying the covid pandemic has had a massive impact. That's adding to the discussion in my book. Aren't false accusations of being followed around, having a go personally? He's entitled to respond in like fashion. "

The other poster just seems to follow me around with random accusations on multiple threads. I was just asking for clarification.

Of course they're entitled to post whatever they want. If it's pointless digs then I'll just stop bothing to read what they post.

Market Drayton

He is saying the covid pandemic has had a massive impact. That's adding to the discussion in my book. Aren't false accusations of being followed around, having a go personally? He's entitled to respond in like fashion.

The other poster just seems to follow me around with random accusations on multiple threads. I was just asking for clarification.

Of course they're entitled to post whatever they want. If it's pointless digs then I'll just stop bothing to read what they post. "

Using the green arrow (which is a legitimate function provided by the site and not 'following around') it is revealed to me that of the last 35 threads, the other poster is on just 5 of yours (14%). Most of their threads are about Benidorm.

I doubt this could reasonably be construed as 'following around with random accusations'. We live in a democracy and nobody has the right to post on the forum unchallenged and unopposed.

golden fields

Of course they're entitled to post whatever they want. If it's pointless digs then I'll just stop bothing to read what they post.

Using the green arrow (which is a legitimate function provided by the site and not 'following around') it is revealed to me that of the last 35 threads, the other poster is on just 5 of yours (14%). Most of their threads are about Benidorm."

Not disturbing behaviour at all.

Why do you care?

"

I doubt this could reasonably be construed as 'following around with random accusations'.

"

Why not? Is there a specific threshold for the number of posts that are just having a pop at the person rather than engaging in any form of discussion that would put your mind at ease over the phrase I used to describe their behaviour?

"

We live in a democracy and nobody has the right to post on the forum unchallenged and unopposed. "

So now you're agreeing with me that I was right to ask them a question about their behaviour?

Market Drayton

Using the green arrow (which is a legitimate function provided by the site and not 'following around') it is revealed to me that of the last 35 threads, the other poster is on just 5 of yours (14%). Most of their threads are about Benidorm.

Why do you care?

I doubt this could reasonably be construed as 'following around with random accusations'.

Why not? Is there a specific threshold for the number of posts that are just having a pop at the person rather than engaging in any form of discussion that would put your mind at ease over the phrase I used to describe their behaviour?

We live in a democracy and nobody has the right to post on the forum unchallenged and unopposed.

So now you're agreeing with me that I was right to ask them a question about their behaviour?"

1. I don't particularly care. I just think the unjustified use of 'following around' and 'random personal accusations' is unacceptable. So to is 'disturbing'.

2. 'Their behaviour' is just holding and displaying a different view to you. They're fully entitled to do that. Your last 35 threads have been exclusively on the Politics section. They've commented on 5 of them. That's statistically negligible. And definitely not 'following around'.

3. Ask away! That's your right. But if you put it on a public forum, expect others to exercise their right to comment on it and the way you're doing it.

Hope that helps.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 2 weeks ago

nearby

"NHS charter to stress biological sex when placing patients in wards. Transgender women not to be put on single sex female wards, but in single rooms if available; and likewise transmen not on male wards"

Totally agree. Booked a student house for three trainee female nurses and their trans mate last September. By Christmas he was swinging back to his bio gender and walking around naked and playing with himself, thankfully his uni course went tits he left.

Market Drayton

Totally agree. Booked a student house for three trainee female nurses and their trans mate last September. By Christmas he was swinging back to his bio gender and walking around naked and playing with himself, thankfully his uni course went tits he left. "

I thought you wrote 'course his tits went' for a moment there!

I mean what could possibly go wrong in these situations? Reminds me of the Isla Bryson case in Scotland.

Peterborough

Totally agree. Booked a student house for three trainee female nurses and their trans mate last September. By Christmas he was swinging back to his bio gender and walking around naked and playing with himself, thankfully his uni course went tits he left. "

But it'd be ok for a post op transwoman to be on a male ward if there are no single rooms available?

golden fields

Why do you care?

We live in a democracy and nobody has the right to post on the forum unchallenged and unopposed.

So now you're agreeing with me that I was right to ask them a question about their behaviour?

1. I don't particularly care. I just think the unjustified use of 'following around' and 'random personal accusations' is unacceptable. So to is 'disturbing'.

"

So random personal accusations is cool, asking someone why they're doing it, not cool?

"

2. 'Their behaviour' is just holding and displaying a different view to you. They're fully entitled to do that. Your last 35 threads have been exclusively on the Politics section. They've commented on 5 of them. That's statistically negligible. And definitely not 'following around'.

"

Their view is unclear, I don't understand their accusations made on multiple threads, and have asked for clarification. Why is this causing you to start these weird personal posts about me?

"

3. Ask away! That's your right. But if you put it on a public forum, expect others to exercise their right to comment on it and the way you're doing it.

Hope that helps. "

Not really, you seem to be suggesting that it's cool for them to have multiple pops at me across different threads. But that I shouldn't be asking for clarification, or asking them why. It's pretty fucking weird to be honest.

By *astandFeistyCouple 2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Why do you care?

Hope that helps. "

You are absolutely wasting your time on this one. That particular poster likes to say 'random insults'... OFTEN

thornaby

Why do you care?

Hope that helps.

You are absolutely wasting your time on this one. That particular poster likes to say 'random insults'... OFTEN "

Jesus even disagreeing with someone on here gets called an insult lol

golden fields

Why do you care?

Hope that helps.

You are absolutely wasting your time on this one. That particular poster likes to say 'random insults'... OFTEN Jesus even disagreeing with someone on here gets called an insult lol"

You accused me of a bunch of stuff. Which I asked you to clarify. Then the other chap jumped in and getting involved.

I'm just interested in what exactly you're accusing me of with things like "say what you really mean" type comments that you consistently throw at me.

If you're just here to have a pop at me under the guise of "disagreeing with me" at least attempt to address the point. Or else it's pointless even reading your posts.

» Add a new message to this topic