Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o scandalous OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

The intro was like a dating programme.

Let’s see what they say….

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I thought they were cut outs or some badly Photoshoped addition ... No it's them.

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 25/07/22 21:16:11]

Glasgow

Think she’s aiming to come across like Thatcher - all in blue.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Sunak is not coming across very well

His advisors have him too aggressive

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Manchester.

Rishi Sunak is like an over excited schoolboy.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Rishi needs to let Liz speak.. because Liz is blowing up her own campaign here…

I am glad that someone finally tackled Liz on the way she was planning on funding the tax cuts because it’s utter stupidity and madness

Glasgow

Yeah he’s interjecting way too much. Let each other speak. They can mess it up without each other’s help.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Rishi needs to let Liz speak.. because Liz is blowing up her own campaign here…

I am glad that someone finally tackled Liz on the way she was planning on funding the tax cuts because it’s utter stupidity and madness "

I think he's realsied it doesn't matter what you say. It's about sounding like a PM. And that needs the mic. And not the awkward pointing.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Sunak should come out in full on pimp attire - long purple coat, cane and floppy hat - walking out into the crowd, making it rain. Truss just standing there after rummaging in the Thatcher dress up box and Claires accessories earrings.

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I am curious whether this debate will actually do anything.

I suspect there are very few people who actually get to vote on this, who will be swayed at this stage of the race.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Sunak declares trade unions to be terrorist organisations

Truss announces concentration camps for trans women

Sunak supports public drowning of refugees?

Truss backs euthanising pregnant single mums

Both wear pathetic pick me I'm more to the right of Genghis Khan than the other one faces

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

yeah, but what she going to do about important stuff like the cheese defecit?

here

Will it do anything - no, not at this moment

Who will be swayed ? Those who are not sure - however refer to question 1

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Did I hear right, did they both say they would ban strikes in public services? I agree with some that sunak may have been far slicker but the constant interrupting did not make him look good. With some opponents it's best to let them speak to show themselves up

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Truss looked like a mannequin, hell if you put an actual mannequin at the podium it would have done probably a better job.

Sunak, more prepared and quick to attack, he needed it, considering he’s public enemy number 1 in the daily fail, he has an impossible job of convincing anyone who will listen he is the “sane” one of the two.

In the end those who have to decide are going to choose.

Cut taxes, pay later, unhandled inflation, higher interest rates, find a magic money tree and shake it

Tax now, cool inflation, lower interest rates, grow a money tree instead.

But it’s personal preference for those tories, and people roughly divide into two camps in attitude

Instant gratification or delayed gratification.

I wonder which camp fabbers would fall into?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Will it do anything - no, not at this moment

"

Luz Truss will easily win the Tory leadership contest but is far more likely to lose the next GE than Sunak because the calibre of MPs supporting her and will be in her cabinet is piss poor (tbh, Sunaks won’t be much better )

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Luz Truss will easily win the Tory leadership contest but is far more likely to lose the next GE than Sunak because the calibre of MPs supporting her and will be in her cabinet is piss poor (tbh, Sunaks won’t be much better ) "

Oh yeah definitely she’ll win hands down, them tory party members are so predictable. They could never vote for a competent person to save their lives.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Luz Truss will easily win the Tory leadership contest but is far more likely to lose the next GE than Sunak because the calibre of MPs supporting her and will be in her cabinet is piss poor (tbh, Sunaks won’t be much better ) "

Her Cabinet - and premiership - will be a train wreck and that will, largely, be due to her Party remaining fatally divided; if only on how best to pander to the soulless husks likely to vote for them.

If Labour are unable to win the next UK GE, the Union can kiss its arse goodbye.

Felt like a pointless debate. They both just repeated prepared bollocks + lied. The moderator barely moderated. And the 2 supposed experts didn't dig out any meaningful answers or fact check for shit.

But I did enjoy the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch Truss + Sunak were basically re-enacting.

Truss: I grew up in Paisley.

Sunak: I helped in my mother's chemist.

I was waiting for one of em to proclaim: luxury! We used to have to eat packets of freezing cold gravel! (Or some shit like that.)

I also bet the shit debate changed the mind of nobody who gets to vote for these assholes.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I also bet the shit debate changed the mind of nobody who gets to vote for these assholes."

I saw a BBC interview with a member of the public. He said that he was shocked at how assertive Rishi Sunak had been, (I think he said 'bullying') and that he was re-considering his support for Sunak.

"I also bet the shit debate changed the mind of nobody who gets to vote for these assholes.

I saw a BBC interview with a member of the public. He said that he was shocked at how assertive Rishi Sunak had been, (I think he said 'bullying') and that he was re-considering his support for Sunak."

Was he a paid up Tory who's allowed to vote for the next PM?

Also, the way you phrased it implied he's only thinking about changing his vote. Maybe.

here

"I also bet the shit debate changed the mind of nobody who gets to vote for these assholes.

I saw a BBC interview with a member of the public. He said that he was shocked at how assertive Rishi Sunak had been, (I think he said 'bullying') and that he was re-considering his support for Sunak."

he didn’t come across well

Not that Truss was the shining star of the evening

I saw a BBC interview with a member of the public. He said that he was shocked at how assertive Rishi Sunak had been, (I think he said 'bullying') and that he was re-considering his support for Sunak.

he didn’t come across well

Not that Truss was the shining star of the evening "

He came across as an asshole. She came across as dim.

Gilfach

"I also bet the shit debate changed the mind of nobody who gets to vote for these assholes."

"I saw a BBC interview with a member of the public. He said that he was shocked at how assertive Rishi Sunak had been, (I think he said 'bullying') and that he was re-considering his support for Sunak."

"Was he a paid up Tory who's allowed to vote for the next PM?"

He was introduced as someone that has a vote. Obviously, I don't know whether he will change or not, but he did look pretty dismayed at having to criticise his previously favourite candidate.

We'll have to see if either of them come across better in the next TV debate.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I thought it was a circus and I have no idea why they would take part in it, what is the point?

Chris Mason was awful, thought he had Truss on the ropes with his cutting question about a book she wrote, it was embarrassing. Then going on to bring up social media posts about Truss's earrings and Sunaks suit. Everything wrong with our political landscape can be found in that show.

Gilfach

"Chris Mason was awful, thought he had Truss on the ropes with his cutting question about a book she wrote, it was embarrassing."

That was an interesting part. It was as though Liz Truss had suddenly been possessed by someone supremely competent. She was immediately able to correct the pundit, identify who had written the line he quoted, and point out that the author was on Rishi's side. It's almost like she knew that the question would be asked.

Of course, she reverted back to her usual stilted speech and awkward hand gestures as soon as that question was over.

"Chris Mason was awful, thought he had Truss on the ropes with his cutting question about a book she wrote, it was embarrassing.

That was an interesting part. It was as though Liz Truss had suddenly been possessed by someone supremely competent. She was immediately able to correct the pundit, identify who had written the line he quoted, and point out that the author was on Rishi's side. It's almost like she knew that the question would be asked.

Of course, she reverted back to her usual stilted speech and awkward hand gestures as soon as that question was over."

Truss looks like what happens when a puppeteer dies but the puppet keeps flopping around.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

A douche and a turd sandwich scenario.

"A douche and a turd sandwich scenario."

Pretty much

"A douche and a turd sandwich scenario.

Pretty much"

Except it's evem worse as the vast majority of us don't even get to vote on this PM.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The fact that these two lightweight devoid of any gravitas politicians are even in the running to be our Prime Minister, shows how far our political system has fallen and exposes how it’s not fit for purpose. Shambolic Government .

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"The fact that these two lightweight devoid of any gravitas politicians are even in the running to be our Prime Minister, shows how far our political system has fallen and exposes how it’s not fit for purpose. Shambolic Government . "

Mediocre entitlement or diversity.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I bet you wished you had not written that before what has just happened in the talk tv debate…

Presenter fainted…. Look of horror on Liz’s face

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I thought it was a circus and I have no idea why they would take part in it, what is the point?

Chris Mason was awful, thought he had Truss on the ropes with his cutting question about a book she wrote, it was embarrassing. Then going on to bring up social media posts about Truss's earrings and Sunaks suit. Everything wrong with our political landscape can be found in that show."

That was an embarrassing point for the BBC with the book quote. If they planned to use it against her you would have thought they would have researched it a bit to see who actually wrote the quote. Looks like talk tv scrapped after host faints, maybe overcome with so much b/s

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I bet you wished you had not written that before what has just happened in the talk tv debate…

Presenter fainted…. Look of horror on Liz’s face "

Saying this… I’d never seen a human emotion out of Liz… this May score her some points!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I bet you wished you had not written that before what has just happened in the talk tv debate…

Presenter fainted…. Look of horror on Liz’s face

Saying this… I’d never seen a human emotion out of Liz… this May score her some points! "

I just watched it and the way it played out to me was:

Bang made her jump

She glanced right, she glanced left

She then looked down and began to walk towards her victim

Gilfach

This might be really bad for Liz Truss. The way I see it is that she is shocked, then she looks at Rishi to see what she should do.

If that's the way the press report it she could be finished.

here

What’s talktv, and how do you view it ?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Alt f4 on your pc keyboard.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What’s talktv, and how do you view it ?"

It tries to out-gammon gbeebies….

Nobody actually watches it.. we all just saw the best bit fly around twitter!!!

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"What’s talktv, and how do you view it ?

Nobody actually watches it.. we all just saw the best bit fly around twitter!!! "

I mean Piers Morgan is the Rational and Level Headed part of the line up

here

"What’s talktv, and how do you view it ?

Nobody actually watches it.. we all just saw the best bit fly around twitter!!! "

» Add a new message to this topic