FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Lib Dem leader

Lib Dem leader

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ick270 OP   Man  over a year ago

Hitchin

As it was a close finish, i think it needs a 2nd vote as they didnt know what they was voting for, It's been several hours now and people's views may have changed since they first voted, so the election needs to be rerun.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The election was nine months ago should have sorted this out months ago what a bunch of morons

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As it was a close finish, i think it needs a 2nd vote as they didnt know what they was voting for, It's been several hours now and people's views may have changed since they first voted, so the election needs to be rerun. "

This vote wasn't at all close. Makes a nice change.

(I know v little about this guy. Might have to look him up.)

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

If he isnt a full blown psychopath..he is an upgrade on the last one.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"As it was a close finish, i think it needs a 2nd vote as they didnt know what they was voting for, It's been several hours now and people's views may have changed since they first voted, so the election needs to be rerun.

This vote wasn't at all close. Makes a nice change.

(I know v little about this guy. Might have to look him up.)"

Here’s your starter for 10....

He has 1 thing in common with the PM and 2 in common with the Labour leader...

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

[Removed by poster at 28/08/20 04:58:54]

Is Lib-Dem still a thing? I thought they were more like the 'why don't you' gang from the 70's and early 80's.....some people remember them but they aren't actually around these days

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Is Lib-Dem still a thing? I thought they were more like the 'why don't you' gang from the 70's and early 80's.....some people remember them but they aren't actually around these days

"

Loved that program. Summer school holidays always included watching that for ideas...

He is just more of the same, establishment. Corbyn was chance for a real change in the UK, now all we have is more of the same clones, spouting hot air and a empowerment of the tories and inequality that would make Karl marx weep.

"Is Lib-Dem still a thing? I thought they were more like the 'why don't you' gang from the 70's and early 80's.....some people remember them but they aren't actually around these days

Loved that program. Summer school holidays always included watching that for ideas..."

ahh yes....the jeans were flared, the jumpers were ill-fitting and the whole show was done on a budget of about £80 ..... a bit like the Lib-Dumbs

Loved that program. Summer school holidays always included watching that for ideas...

ahh yes....the jeans were flared, the jumpers were ill-fitting and the whole show was done on a budget of about £80 ..... a bit like the Lib-Dumbs

"

They had a chance to be relevant when in the coalition. They screwed up that opportunity, basically going along with everything the Torys said.

I think most voters mentally sidelined them at that point.

They had a chance to be relevant when in the coalition. They screwed up that opportunity, basically going along with everything the

Torys said.

"

yeah but they were just a bunch of kids on summer holiday looking to fill their free time by hiking, canoeing, cycling and making shit with washing up bottles & egg cartons. So you have to say they made a good job of it.

The Lib-dumbs were REALLY shit at what they did

They had a chance to be relevant when in the coalition. They screwed up that opportunity, basically going along with everything the

Torys said.

yeah but they were just a bunch of kids on summer holiday looking to fill their free time by hiking, canoeing, cycling and making shit with washing up bottles & egg cartons. So you have to say they made a good job of it.

The Lib-dumbs were REALLY shit at what they did

"

Lol

Yes, my response was unclear regarding which group I was talking about.

The WDYJSOYTSAGADSLBI team probably would have been a better option in the coalition.

They had a chance to be relevant when in the coalition. They screwed up that opportunity, basically going along with everything the Torys said.

"

It does feel like that's when a lot of voters turned against them. A lot of voters seemed to really dislike Swinson too.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Is Lib-Dem still a thing? I thought they were more like the 'why don't you' gang from the 70's and early 80's.....some people remember them but they aren't actually around these days "

christ thats a blast from the past lol

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Is Lib-Dem still a thing? I thought they were more like the 'why don't you' gang from the 70's and early 80's.....some people remember them but they aren't actually around these days "

I honestly did not think they were still going after that fella left for Facebook...

Gordon Kennedy was the best leader they had, who enjoyed a drink, and they hounded him for it, but he was a good orator and had some charisma. Clegg was a complete sellout, who let a real chance go by being a sycophant for the tories, set them back years. They were also complicit in selling the royal mail at below it's true value, they are not to be trusted.

here

"Gordon Kennedy was the best leader they had, who enjoyed a drink, and they hounded him for it, but he was a good orator and had some charisma. Clegg was a complete sellout, who let a real chance go by being a sycophant for the tories, set them back years. They were also complicit in selling the royal mail at below it's true value, they are not to be trusted. "

Charles Kennedy is a hugely missed politician.

The treatment he received at the hands of Ian Blackford should never be forgotten...

I liked Charles Kennedy. He seemed genuine, too.

Chelmsford

Churchill liked a drink too..

I like cheese. Are we just saying random things now?

Chelmsford

We want an alcoholic to run the country.. seriously..?

I will drink to that

"We want an alcoholic to run the country.. seriously..?

I will drink to that"

You seemed like a fan of Churchill's drinking a moment ago.

Chelmsford

I will drink to that

You seemed like a fan of Churchill's drinking a moment ago."

It's never all that it seems

I will drink to that

You seemed like a fan of Churchill's drinking a moment ago.

It's never all that it seems "

Maybe it's just the booze that's making all this confused. *hic*

Blackford is a proper snake along with most of the snp, Charles Kennedy was a much better mp and genuine, so what if he drank, don't most of us enjoy a tipple.

liverpool

I will drink to that"

We have already got one.

Chelmsford

I will drink to that

We have already got one."

There is a pecking order and hierarchy even in alcoholism...

We have street alcies, who mainly speak in a Glasgow accent wether they came from there or not and functioning alcoholics who are often surgeons, MPs and the like..

here

"Blackford is a proper snake along with most of the snp, Charles Kennedy was a much better mp and genuine, so what if he drank, don't most of us enjoy a tipple. "

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Blackford is a proper snake along with most of the snp, Charles Kennedy was a much better mp and genuine, so what if he drank, don't most of us enjoy a tipple.

"

From what I have read Charles was leader at the time they were constantly increasing their vote and a strong voice of opposition. Since he sadly left us its been downhill for them

liverpool

Charlie Kennedy was great.. an actual likeable mp.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Looking at the numbers, he was voted in by 36.3% of the libdem electorate.... Brexit got 37.4% of the electorate.

The turnout was only 57%...EU referendum was 72%.

liverpool

"Looking at the numbers, he was voted in by 36.3% of the libdem electorate.... Brexit got 37.4% of the electorate.

"

Which meant neatly 30%of The country didnt vote

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Looking at the numbers, he was voted in by 36.3% of the libdem electorate.... Brexit got 37.4% of the electorate.

Which meant neatly 30%of The country didnt vote "

And only 37% of the population voted for it. So every time you hear 52% it's just another lie. As the entire thing is and those 37% are beginning to realise.

here

And only 37% of the population voted for it. So every time you hear 52% it's just another lie. As the entire thing is and those 37% are beginning to realise. "

Why do you determine that a factual percentage is in fact a lie?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

And only 37% of the population voted for it. So every time you hear 52% it's just another lie. As the entire thing is and those 37% are beginning to realise. "

52% of those that voted voted to leave is a fact as far as I am aware. voting was not compulsary so unlikely to get a 100% turnout. I dont think any UK election has managed 100% turnout

liverpool

And only 37% of the population voted for it. So every time you hear 52% it's just another lie. As the entire thing is and those 37% are beginning to realise.

"

I know my maths isnt the best but..

He is right thought isnt he?

If the turnout was just over 70% and they won by 51% that means ..what 37%of the people voted to leave.

Hardly will of the people stuff is it?

Not that it matters now like.

here

If the turnout was just over 70% and they won by 51% that means ..what 37%of the people voted to leave.

Not that it matters now like."

Read the question again ....

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

using that same way of calculating what percentage was remain

Chelmsford

It matters not..

Uk voted out..

Get over it

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"If he isnt a full blown psychopath..he is an upgrade on the last one."
like it lol

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

the quisl... sorry libdems are still about thought they were like ukip obliterated and irrelevant

liverpool

It's quite weird though because if you go on strike now you need 70%turnout I think (higher than most elections)

Democracy in action.

liverpool

"the quisl... sorry libdems are still about thought they were like ukip obliterated and irrelevant "

Why is that Farage cunt still everywhere then?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"the quisl... sorry libdems are still about thought they were like ukip obliterated and irrelevant

Why is that Farage cunt still everywhere then?"

cos he's going what the right-wing press want stirring up the masses hes still the usefull idiot hes always been

milton keynes

Unless you force people to vote that's always going to be the case. It's not the fault of remain or leave its just how it is.as far as I remember it was a very high turnout compared to most General elections. Both sides had to play to the same rules

liverpool

Unless you force people to vote that's always going to be the case. It's not the fault of remain or leave its just how it is.as far as I remember it was a very high turnout compared to most General elections. Both sides had to play to the same rules"

Yeah I get that and its done and dusted now but if you look at the figures all this will of the people stuff spouted by the likes of Farage Is nonsense.

About a third of the pop voted for Brexit.

here

" About a third of the pop voted for Brexit. "

... and even fewer voted to remain .

milton keynes

Unless you force people to vote that's always going to be the case. It's not the fault of remain or leave its just how it is.as far as I remember it was a very high turnout compared to most General elections. Both sides had to play to the same rules

Yeah I get that and its done and dusted now but if you look at the figures all this will of the people stuff spouted by the likes of Farage Is nonsense.

About a third of the pop voted for Brexit. "

Yep done and dusted and understand the figures though its also true that using that method even less than a third wanted to remain. Politicians will spin all figures its just what they do from all sides

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"As it was a close finish, i think it needs a 2nd vote as they didnt know what they was voting for, It's been several hours now and people's views may have changed since they first voted, so the election needs to be rerun. "

I see the sarcasm, good one.

» Add a new message to this topic