FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is it just me?

Is it just me?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Or is everything going nuts?

1st we had Brexit which divided the country in 2.I think a lot of people are still blissfully unaware of the future uncertainty in store for us.

Then we had a worldwide pandemic which would have been handled better here by a tea party of d*unk chimps.

Now we have a forthcoming depression (the worst in Europe obvs)

On top of that we have gunboats rounding up migrants,blm protests over here and bizarre conspiracy theory protests.

And to top it all we have elected one of the most comically inept and corrupt gmnts in history.

Bad times.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Border force and customs vessels do not carry any armaments, so cannot be described as "gunboats".

liverpool

"Border force and customs vessels do not carry any armaments, so cannot be described as "gunboats". "

Arent we using royal navy boats?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

We are for want of a better word fucked.

Grantham

"Border force and customs vessels do not carry any armaments, so cannot be described as "gunboats".

Arent we using royal navy boats?"

Not as far as I know.

liverpool

"Border force and customs vessels do not carry any armaments, so cannot be described as "gunboats".

Arent we using royal navy boats?

Not as far as I know. "

Just read in the Express they were but I'm fully aware its not the most reliable of sources.

liverpool

"We are for want of a better word fucked. "

Feels that way.and people are getting riled up about last night of the proms.

No wonder raves are making a comeback.

North Bucks

"We are for want of a better word fucked.

No wonder raves are making a comeback."

Bet there are a few this bank holiday weekend.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Stephen Fry put it like this...

It's like there are 2 groups of people standing on opposite sides of the Grand Canyon and because they cant hear what the others are saying they keep shouting louder and louder at each other while the rest of us are left cowering at the bottom

liverpool

Bet there are a few this bank holiday weekend. "

Takes me back

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Stephen Fry put it like this...

It's like there are 2 groups of people standing on opposite sides of the Grand Canyon and because they cant hear what the others are saying they keep shouting louder and louder at each other while the rest of us are left cowering at the bottom "

that’s about sums it up

thornaby

Takes me back "

I find that hard to believe lol

liverpool

Takes me back I find that hard to believe lol"

Lol.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Or is everything going nuts?

1st we had Brexit which divided the country in 2.I think a lot of people are still blissfully unaware of the future uncertainty in store for us.

Then we had a worldwide pandemic which would have been handled better here by a tea party of d*unk chimps.

On top of that we have gunboats rounding up migrants,blm protests over here and bizarre conspiracy theory protests.

And to top it all we have elected one of the most comically inept and corrupt gmnts in history.

Bad times."

Corrupt is that this government is no different to other governments Labour or Tory.

Nobody knows what will happen short term after brexit./As for the pandemic,right now the government is getting better and no country in the world was ready for covid or knew what to do not the governments fault,take those red glasses off please

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now

liverpool

Bad times.Corrupt is that this government is no different to other governments Labour or Tory.

Nobody knows what will happen short term after brexit./As for the pandemic,right now the government is getting better and no country in the world was ready for covid or knew what to do not the governments fault,take those red glasses off please"

We know in the short term..

We will be hit.

When you say they are getting better..in the sense that they cant get much worse.

Saying every gmnt is corrupt Is just nonsense.

liverpool

"The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now"

Yep I personally feel blessed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bad times."

What are the bizarre conspiracy theory protests?

liverpool

Bad times.

What are the bizarre conspiracy theory protests?"

Those save the children ones..and there was another in America?

Why is save the children bizarre?

Human trafficking and child abuse are real.

liverpool

"Why is save the children bizarre?

Human trafficking and child abuse are real."

Isnt it linked to some conspiracy theory?

Some one posted about it the other day

thornaby

"The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now"

Some one posted about it the other day"

No, it's linked to the fact that many millions of victims are human trafficked every year.

Why are we very lucky to be in this country right now? I stupidly thought the worst Covid death rate in Europe was a bad thing. I also thought it was a bad thing we're apparently doing worse economically than any other country in the G7.

Do I just need to believe harder and wave the flag more vigorously?

liverpool

Some one posted about it the other day

No, it's linked to the fact that many millions of victims are human trafficked every year."

Has it not been co-opted by some conspiracy theorists?

liverpool

"The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now

Why are we very lucky to be in this country right now? I stupidly thought the worst Covid death rate in Europe was a bad thing. I also thought it was a bad thing we're apparently doing worse economically than any other country in the G7.

Do I just need to believe harder and wave the flag more vigorously?"

And sing along to God save the queen.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Why are we so lucky? Compared to let’s say Germany or France for example? Of course if you compare us with Malawi, I guess we are lucky but with countries that box in the same category as us, you are talking complete crap.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

Bad times."

I’ve felt the same way for a while...If you wanted to depress yourself even further, you can add climate change and the Australian forest fires at the beginning of the year to your list!

liverpool

Bad times.

I’ve felt the same way for a while...If you wanted to depress yourself even further, you can add climate change and the Australian forest fires at the beginning of the year to your list! "

Oh yeah ..forgot the planet is dying and crackpots are denying it.

Throw that on the list.

Bad times.

I’ve felt the same way for a while...If you wanted to depress yourself even further, you can add climate change and the Australian forest fires at the beginning of the year to your list!

Oh yeah ..forgot the planet is dying and crackpots are denying it.

Throw that on the list."

You’re welcome!

North Bucks

German and Asian Hornets coming over here and taking our hornets jobs!!!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Bad times."

And on top of all that - Liverpool won the league by a country mile. Dark days indeed.

liverpool

Bad times.

And on top of all that - Liverpool won the league by a country mile. Dark days indeed. "

Ha ha!

Bad times.

And on top of all that - Liverpool won the league by a country mile. Dark days indeed. "

first proper laugh I’ve had all day! Excellent

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Bad times.

And on top of all that - Liverpool won the league by a country mile. Dark days indeed.

Ha ha!"

A well deserved country mile I say through gritted teeth.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Bad times.Corrupt is that this government is no different to other governments Labour or Tory.

Nobody knows what will happen short term after brexit./As for the pandemic,right now the government is getting better and no country in the world was ready for covid or knew what to do not the governments fault,take those red glasses off please"

Sorry, not buying this.

Labour were last in power over a decade ago. Not to say any party is free of corruption but they haven't been calling the shots for a long time.

In regards to this government getting better...

As I write this, our current government has fallen short of the contact-tracing target for the 9th week in a row. This is coming of the back of the exams mess last week.

When you're ready to pull your head

out of the sand, let us know.

A sensible comment for once

"The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now

Do I just need to believe harder and wave the flag more vigorously?"

Well, I guess you know where the door is lol

Nobody knows what will happen short term after brexit./As for the pandemic,right now the government is getting better and no country in the world was ready for covid or knew what to do not the governments fault,take those red glasses off please

A sensible comment for once "

Really? Where?

liverpool

A sensible comment for once "

I..r...o..n...y..

liverpool

Well, I guess you know where the door is lol"

Our grandparents fought for our freedom if you dont like it fuck off..a viewpoint almost drowning in irony.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Well, I guess you know where the door is lol"

If the house is dirty, you clean it. You don't buy a new house.

If the house is dirty, you clean it. You don't buy a new house."

And it might be a struggle to buy a new house since the Tories have built zero of the 200,000 new starter homes they pledged to build by 2020.

liverpool

If the house is dirty, you clean it. You don't buy a new house.

And it might be a struggle to buy a new house since the Tories have built zero of the 200,000 new starter homes they pledged to build by 2020."

You mean they made a pledge and didnt keep to it?

Well I for one am shocked.

Bad times.

I’ve felt the same way for a while...If you wanted to depress yourself even further, you can add climate change and the Australian forest fires at the beginning of the year to your list! "

The Aussie forest fires were largely as a result of green policy. The size and scale were amplified because over the last 9/10 years the controlled burning of brush, dead wood and other natural fuel ingredients was outlawed by the Australian governments of the past few sessions. People were being arrested for felling trees near their properties whilst trying to create fire-breaks and cut off fuel supplies for the annual, natural and unnatural occurance of these fires.

But yeah...2020! A red letter year for humanity

Bad times.

The Aussie forest fires were largely as a result of green policy. The size and scale were amplified because over the last 9/10 years the controlled burning of brush, dead wood and other natural fuel ingredients was outlawed by the Australian governments of the past few sessions. People were being arrested for felling trees near their properties whilst trying to create fire-breaks and cut off fuel supplies for the annual, natural and unnatural occurance of these fires.

But yeah...2020! A red letter year for humanity"

Thank you for that- I remember reading something about it at the time. Seems so long ago now! Can I ask- why did they ban the burning of brush and deadwood? Dx

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Bad times.

"

Bluntly put, that's bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Australian_bushfire_season#Causes

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/01/australia/australia-fires-explainer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No wonder raves are making a comeback."

Arts and culture are an important part of enriching the lives which you would have us believe are bleak, miserable and destitute.

Oh I so look forward to belting out LOHG, bobbing up and down to the hornpipe and welling up when enjoying the sheer joy of hearing Jerusalem performed in a magnificent setting by some of the finest musicians in the world, bringing to a close one of the greatest music festival in the world .

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Your very blind loyalty to these muppets is admirable but wake up.

Brexit is bad for a service economy which is also why we were the worst hit by Covid In the G7.

Lockdown too late. Statistics prove how stupid that was.

Old people with Covid sent into care homes without testing is not difficult to see as a bad idea.

Test and tracing fucking joke

Airlines free to bring in passengers with zero checks all through lockdown

Cummins being a twat!

Exam results blamed on civil servants - cowardly,

Brexit was supposed to bring prosperity so why don’t you know what’s going to happen??

There is a plan after Brexit isn’t there?

Don’t tell me this amazing life changing event doesn’t have a plan!!!

Boris doesn’t actually have a clue!!!!

It’s all a bit shit really as the OP said.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Arts and culture are an important part of enriching the lives which you would have us believe are bleak, miserable and destitute.

Oh I so look forward to belting out LOHG, bobbing up and down to the hornpipe and welling up when enjoying the sheer joy of hearing Jerusalem performed in a magnificent setting by some of the finest musicians in the world, bringing to a close one of the greatest music festival in the world .

"

me too. We can either depress ourselves and others or cheer ourselves up and get on tackling any challenges that may come our way

milton keynes

Bad times."

Did the navy start patrolling the channel in the end? I recall it was mentioned as a possibility but not seen the outcome?

me too. We can either depress ourselves and others or cheer ourselves up and get on tackling any challenges that may come our way"

How should we tackle the challenge of ending up dead due to our government's incompetent handling of the pandemic?

A stiff drink?

me too. We can either depress ourselves and others or cheer ourselves up and get on tackling any challenges that may come our way

How should we tackle the challenge of ending up dead due to our government's incompetent handling of the pandemic?

A stiff drink?"

Aye that will go with the upper lip

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

A stiff drink?"

Viagra-ade??

Same old names doing the same old whinging

Grantham

Bad times.

Did the navy start patrolling the channel in the end? I recall it was mentioned as a possibility but not seen the outcome?"

No, no Navy involvement. The RAF have sent planes to provide recon on the odd occasion.

milton keynes

Bad times.

Did the navy start patrolling the channel in the end? I recall it was mentioned as a possibility but not seen the outcome?

No, no Navy involvement. The RAF have sent planes to provide recon on the odd occasion."

Ok so gunshots rounding up migrants is not exactly accurate then I guess

milton keynes

A stiff drink?"

It's a matter of personal choice. Personally I prefer to keep as cheerful as possible especially in difficult times and find things like the proms are a good uplift. Obstacles will always be in our way but find personally a positive attitude helps overcome them

liverpool

"The world from the beginning of time has gone through difficult times this is earth not paradise,Stop moaning all of you it is life and we are all very lucky to be in this country right now Same old names doing the same old whinging"

Yet you take the time out to 'contrubute'?

liverpool

Bad times.

No, no Navy involvement. The RAF have sent planes to provide recon on the odd occasion.

Ok so gunshots rounding up migrants is not exactly accurate then I guess"

That's ok then.

Phew.

liverpool

"

I'm not sure having a room fill of bevvied up daily mail readers singing borderline racist songs counts as 'culture 'but whatevs.

liverpool

Apparently patel wanted to use the royal navy but human rights lawyers have advised against it.(standard)

However the royal navy have said nothing Is off the table.

So whoop di do for us

here

I'm not sure having a room fill of bevvied up daily mail readers singing borderline racist songs counts as 'culture 'but whatevs."

You clearly have no knowledge or experience of the Proms

milton keynes

Bad times.

That's ok then.

Phew."

Yes all ok just another made up quote

liverpool

Bad times.

That's ok then.

Phew.

Yes all ok just another made up quote"

Did I use quotation Mark's and give a source?

liverpool

I'm not sure having a room fill of bevvied up daily mail readers singing borderline racist songs counts as 'culture 'but whatevs.

"

I know and it kills me inside.

milton keynes

Bad times.

That's ok then.

Phew.

Did I use quotation Mark's and give a source?"

Nope just more untruths

liverpool

Bad times.

That's ok then.

Phew.

Did I use quotation Mark's and give a source?

Nope just more untruths "

So not a made up quote then?

So you were wrong?

liverpool

So gunboats are not patrolling the sea yet but the fact that this was only due to the intervention of lawyers and then navy itself had said 'nothing is off the table 'is some sort of national celebration.

here

I know and it kills me inside."

It wouldn’t take a lot of effort to rectify that - and wouldn’t cost you anything .

milton keynes

"So gunboats are not patrolling the sea yet but the fact that this was only due to the intervention of lawyers and then navy itself had said 'nothing is off the table 'is some sort of national celebration. "

If you know it was untrue why did you post it

liverpool

I know and it kills me inside.

It wouldn’t take a lot of effort to rectify that - and wouldn’t cost you anything .

"

Epic bantz.

A career in comedy beckons.

liverpool

"So gunboats are not patrolling the sea yet but the fact that this was only due to the intervention of lawyers and then navy itself had said 'nothing is off the table 'is some sort of national celebration.

If you know it was untrue why did you post it"

If you read further down, you may notice I said I read it on the Express which I a a owledged wasnt the most reliable of sources

milton keynes

"So gunboats are not patrolling the sea yet but the fact that this was only due to the intervention of lawyers and then navy itself had said 'nothing is off the table 'is some sort of national celebration.

If you read further down, you may notice I said I read it on the Express which I a a owledged wasnt the most reliable of sources "

You put it in your opening post yet knew it was untrue as you have demonstrated

milton keynes

"

A fantastic event that will be missed this year due to the virus but bounce back again I'm sure

A stiff drink?

It's a matter of personal choice. Personally I prefer to keep as cheerful as possible especially in difficult times and find things like the proms are a good uplift. Obstacles will always be in our way but find personally a positive attitude helps overcome them"

We should be optimistic corpses? Well I'm sure that will help. I'm sure that positive attitude will also help the many thousands who have lost loved ones to this pandemic too.

liverpool

If you read further down, you may notice I said I read it on the Express which I a a owledged wasnt the most reliable of sources

You put it in your opening post yet knew it was untrue as you have demonstrated"

You said I made up a quote which was also untrue.

I also made a comment about d*unk chimps..I'm surprised you haven't picked up on that?.

No right now gunboats are not rounding up migrants.

Like most people on here ,I dont mind admitting when I'm wrong.

However it doesnt negate from the thrust of the argument that we live in troubled times

Grantham

"So gunboats are not patrolling the sea yet but the fact that this was only due to the intervention of lawyers and then navy itself had said 'nothing is off the table 'is some sort of national celebration. "

The Royal Navy never said that either! That was a quote from the MOD.

This talk of warships has been blown up by the mainstream media, in order to get headlines.

Formal requests for help are made to the MOD. They have responded with the RAF doing recon duties over the channel. The RN have sent a small team, in order to help coordinate Border Force and RNLI efforts.

The Australians may well push migrant boats back, and this is where the headlines have originated from. The RN would never get involved in that practice. They have no juridstriction in French waters, they haven't the right resources to do it and, as you pointed out, the legal ramifications would kick straight in.

The onus is on the French to crack down and catch the people smugglers. We are offering financial assistance in this. People can draw their own conclusions on whether the French are being particularly effective in this.

liverpool

The Royal Navy never said that either! That was a quote from the MOD.

This talk of warships has been blown up by the mainstream media, in order to get headlines.

Formal requests for help are made to the MOD. They have responded with the RAF doing recon duties over the channel. The RN have sent a small team, in order to help coordinate Border Force and RNLI efforts.

The Australians may well push migrant boats back, and this is where the headlines have originated from. The RN would never get involved in that practice. They have no juridstriction in French waters, they haven't the right resources to do it and, as you pointed out, the legal ramifications would kick straight in.

The onus is on the French to crack down and catch the people smugglers. We are offering financial assistance in this. People can draw their own conclusions on whether the French are being particularly effective in this. "

And what of the home secretaries role?

milton keynes

You put it in your opening post yet knew it was untrue as you have demonstrated

You said I made up a quote which was also untrue.

I also made a comment about d*unk chimps..I'm surprised you haven't picked up on that?.

No right now gunboats are not rounding up migrants.

Like most people on here ,I dont mind admitting when I'm wrong.

However it doesnt negate from the thrust of the argument that we live in troubled times

"

Maybe how I phrased it was incorrect I should have said you made a statement which was Untrue

milton keynes

A stiff drink?

It's a matter of personal choice. Personally I prefer to keep as cheerful as possible especially in difficult times and find things like the proms are a good uplift. Obstacles will always be in our way but find personally a positive attitude helps overcome them

We should be optimistic corpses? Well I'm sure that will help. I'm sure that positive attitude will also help the many thousands who have lost loved ones to this pandemic too. "

Like I say its a matter of personal choice how you get through troubled times and overcome challenges

A stiff drink?

We should be optimistic corpses? Well I'm sure that will help. I'm sure that positive attitude will also help the many thousands who have lost loved ones to this pandemic too.

Like I say its a matter of personal choice how you get through troubled times and overcome challenges"

But how do I overcome the challenge of being dead? I'd love to know. It might be helpful information for me soon, at this rate.

milton keynes

A stiff drink?

Like I say its a matter of personal choice how you get through troubled times and overcome challenges

But how do I overcome the challenge of being dead? I'd love to know. It might be helpful information for me soon, at this rate."

It's personal choice how you live your life

A stiff drink?

But how do I overcome the challenge of being dead? I'd love to know. It might be helpful information for me soon, at this rate.

It's personal choice how you live your life "

But how do I live my life if I'm literally dead? Wouldn't that cause a slight issue?

milton keynes

A stiff drink?

But how do I live my life if I'm literally dead? Wouldn't that cause a slight issue?"

If your dead then your not living your life. I'm talking about how you live your life

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Lots of doomongering here.

I can only say that in my world I have never been happier or contented.

I love my life, this planet and all is good in my world.

liverpool

"Lots of doomongering here.

I can only say that in my world I have never been happier or contented.

I love my life, this planet and all is good in my world.

"

Phew.

Panic over.

A stiff drink?

But how do I live my life if I'm literally dead? Wouldn't that cause a slight issue?

If your dead then your not living your life. I'm talking about how you live your life"

Blind optimism it is then. The solution for all life's problems (as long as we don't end up dead of course.)

milton keynes

A stiff drink?

If your dead then your not living your life. I'm talking about how you live your life

Blind optimism it is then. The solution for all life's problems (as long as we don't end up dead of course.)"

As I said at the beginning its personal choice

Chelmsford

A stiff drink?

Blind optimism it is then. The solution for all life's problems (as long as we don't end up dead of course.)"

We all end up dead...

A stiff drink?

Blind optimism it is then. The solution for all life's problems (as long as we don't end up dead of course.)

We all end up dead... "

That's the optimistic way to think. Keep it up, my friend.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Stephen Fry put it like this...

It's like there are 2 groups of people standing on opposite sides of the Grand Canyon and because they cant hear what the others are saying they keep shouting louder and louder at each other while the rest of us are left cowering at the bottom "

Chelmsford

A stiff drink?

We all end up dead...

That's the optimistic way to think. Keep it up, my friend. "

You disagree ?

A stiff drink?

We all end up dead...

That's the optimistic way to think. Keep it up, my friend.

You disagree ?"

Hmmm dunno. What about all these zombies and vampires and stuff I've been hearing about? There was this documentary about them. It was called something like Buffy.

Chelmsford

You are the undead my friend..

"You are the undead my friend..

"

Am I really? What sort? How can you tell?

Chelmsford

Dead of thought and vacant of mind.

Chelmsford

Well you did ask...

"Dead of thought and vacant of mind."

Are you calling me a Brexit voter?

(If any Brexit voters read that, it was a joke. I don't think you're brainless. The people who lied to you over and over again seem to, though.)

Chelmsford

"(If any Brexit voters read that, it was a joke. I don't think you're brainless. The people who lied to you over and over again seem to, though.)"

Divorcee ?

"(If any Brexit voters read that, it was a joke. I don't think you're brainless. The people who lied to you over and over again seem to, though.)

Divorcee ? "

Hippy commune?

(Are we randomly guessing at relationship arrangements now?)

» Add a new message to this topic