FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Why do the rich and powerful feel rules don't apply to them?

Why do the rich and powerful feel rules don't apply to them?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing."

Because they don’t.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing.

Because they don’t. "

This.

They generally do not in this country.From the very top down

Seen it time and time again.(look at prince Andrew..if was an ordinary Joe he would be shipped off to America faster than his legs can carry him)

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy.

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing.

Because they don’t.

This.

Seen it time and time again.(look at prince Andrew..if was an ordinary Joe he would be shipped off to America faster than his legs can carry him)

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy."

Not just this country.. I mean- old news, but first example that springs to mind is OJ ....

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy.

Not just this country.. I mean- old news, but first example that springs to mind is OJ ...."

Yep america is probably worse than here.

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy."

i know its crazy how it happens over and over again, there is always a furore at the beginning and then it fades and they hang in and get away with it time and time again. Cummings did it and rode it out and unless the EU president boots this guy he is going to do the same I am sure. I had forgot about Andy but yes he is a perfect example of this mate, and with all the resources in the world to bail his way out.

Because they don’t.

This.

Not just this country.. I mean- old news, but first example that springs to mind is OJ ...."

yes another prime example, there are so many its a joke.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy. i know its crazy how it happens over and over again, there is always a furore at the beginning and then it fades and they hang in and get away with it time and time again. Cummings did it and rode it out and unless the EU president boots this guy he is going to do the same I am sure. I had forgot about Andy but yes he is a perfect example of this mate, and with all the resources in the world to bail his way out."

because the rich are at the top the poor the bottom and that’s how they intend to keep it not just the rich even the macanns if they weren’t a professional cpl and had been from a council estate it would of barely made the news and would of lost there other kids into care

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy. i know its crazy how it happens over and over again, there is always a furore at the beginning and then it fades and they hang in and get away with it time and time again. Cummings did it and rode it out and unless the EU president boots this guy he is going to do the same I am sure. I had forgot about Andy but yes he is a perfect example of this mate, and with all the resources in the world to bail his way out."

Even celebrities get treated differently..like at that dec when he got bladdered and crashed the car.

All he got in the media was sympathy.

So if you are wealthy and powerful you are laughing.

They probably teach them that at Eton.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s all subjective. The little people get away with shit all the time. They are just not subject to the same scrutiny.

liverpool

"It’s all subjective. The little people get away with shit all the time. They are just not subject to the same scrutiny.

"

No they dont.

North Bucks

"It’s all subjective. The little people get away with shit all the time. They are just not subject to the same scrutiny.

No they dont."

Trust me they do. I work in a sector where they do it all the time.

thornaby

"

when do the little ppl get away with shit ? don’t think they can afford the expensive solicitors mate can’t even get legal aid now ffs

North Bucks

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy. i know its crazy how it happens over and over again, there is always a furore at the beginning and then it fades and they hang in and get away with it time and time again. Cummings did it and rode it out and unless the EU president boots this guy he is going to do the same I am sure. I had forgot about Andy but yes he is a perfect example of this mate, and with all the resources in the world to bail his way out.

Even celebrities get treated differently..like at that dec when he got bladdered and crashed the car.

They probably teach them that at Eton. "

From a criminal justice perspective he got a 16 month ban and an 86k fine.

Standard ban is usually 12 months.

He was dealt with subjectively.

liverpool

No they dont.

Trust me they do. I work in a sector where they do it all the time. "

An entire news paper hacked a dead childs phone and they were only investigated when the outcry got too Much.1 person was punished

There are literally thousands of examples.

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

Even if they do get prosecuted they can afford the best legal team money can buy. i know its crazy how it happens over and over again, there is always a furore at the beginning and then it fades and they hang in and get away with it time and time again. Cummings did it and rode it out and unless the EU president boots this guy he is going to do the same I am sure. I had forgot about Andy but yes he is a perfect example of this mate, and with all the resources in the world to bail his way out.

He was dealt with subjectively. "

From a media perspective he certainly wasnt.

North Bucks

No they dont.

Trust me they do. I work in a sector where they do it all the time.

An entire news paper hacked a dead childs phone and they were only investigated when the outcry got too Much.1 person was punished

There are literally thousands of examples."

And there are thousands of examples of people getting away with shit all the time we just don’t hear about it. I see it all the time. It happens across the board.

Don’t get me started on phone hacking though. Take a look at the Who killed Daniel Morgan podcast for people escaping justice.

thornaby

Because they don’t.

This.

its not really a ban when he can afford a chaufer tho is it did he loose his job that’s standard

North Bucks

Because they don’t.

This.

From a media perspective he certainly wasnt."

So what do you want to happen to him in the media. Was the scales of justice not enough for you?

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

Cant being twice over the limit sometimes result in a custodial sentence?

North Bucks

Because they don’t.

This.

He was dealt with subjectively. its not really a ban when he can afford a chaufer tho is it did he loose his job that’s standard "

Do you want him dealt with harsher than a normal then?

North Bucks

Because they don’t.

This.

Cant being twice over the limit sometimes result in a custodial sentence?"

Maybe repeat offenders but not normally.

liverpool

According to the deal being twice over the limit can result in a 1 year jail term?

North Bucks

"According to the deal being twice over the limit can result in a 1 year jail term?"

Can result being the operative word. Check court circulars for comparisons.

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

Maybe repeat offenders but not normally. "

Says nothing about repeat offenders on the gov website

Yet he didnt even get a suspended sentence?

thornaby

"According to the deal being twice over the limit can result in a 1 year jail term?

Can result being the operative word. Check court circulars for comparisons. "

can is the word but it rarely IS for the rich compared to the poor

Because they don’t.

This.

lol I dont know about Eton, did Dom go there? Fairly sure hogan didn't, he is of Irish nationality I believe, and I am 100% sure Dec didn't, maybe it is taught at Eton, who knows, but that is not who taught these guys

North Bucks

Because they don’t.

This.

Maybe repeat offenders but not normally.

Says nothing about repeat offenders on the gov website

Yet he didnt even get a suspended sentence?"

Which is normal. Sometimes based on mitigation it’s only a standard 12 months.

I’ve seen cases personally where they are much much more over. In mags they only give six months anyways which is very rare.

"

yeah i guess they do get away with shit too, but i guess because they are the little people the shit they do is on the little scale too so goes unnoticed.

"According to the deal being twice over the limit can result in a 1 year jail term?

Can result being the operative word. Check court circulars for comparisons. can is the word but it rarely IS for the rich compared to the poor "

North Bucks

High risk offenders’ will need to pass a medical examination to get their licence back after a drink driving ban. You are considered a high risk offender if you:

Were convicted of 2 drink-driving offences within 10 years

Were driving with an alcohol reading of at least 87.5 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, 200 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine

Legal limit being 36. So if he was twice over he’s not even classified as high risk.

He was dealt with within the sentencing guidelines and fined as per means testing.

thornaby

yeah i guess they do get away with shit too, but i guess because they are the little people the shit they do is on the little scale too so goes unnoticed. "

exactly that

liverpool

Funny the prisons seem be full of "the little people's

When was the last time someone powerful here went to jail?

they tend not too like you said, always enough cash to get out of the pot.

North Bucks

"Funny the prisons seem be full of "the little people's

When was the last time someone powerful here went to jail?"

Who should go to jail in your opinion and for what offence?

liverpool

"High risk offenders’ will need to pass a medical examination to get their licence back after a drink driving ban. You are considered a high risk offender if you:

Were driving with an alcohol reading of at least 87.5 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, 200 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine

Legal limit being 36. So if he was twice over he’s not even classified as high risk.

He was dealt with within the sentencing guidelines and fined as per means testing. "

A solicitor called rodney warren wouldnt agree with you but my source isnt the best.

North Bucks

"High risk offenders’ will need to pass a medical examination to get their licence back after a drink driving ban. You are considered a high risk offender if you:

He was dealt with within the sentencing guidelines and fined as per means testing.

A solicitor called rodney warren wouldnt agree with you but my source isnt the best."

Got it from Drive aware. I can’t remember the last person who was sent down for being twice over. Don’t get me wrong I hate drink drivers and feel like they should be dealt with much much harsher.

liverpool

Who should go to jail in your opinion and for what offence? "

Off the top of my head?

The people who hacked the phones and who allowed it (more than 1)

Going back the guiness trial is one which sticks in my memory.They were found guilty but escaped jail

Prince andrew should certainly be facing tough questions and not be having cosy interviews.

The various police and press who lied and covered up about Hillsborough.

The banking crises.

Didnt 1 person get time?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Because they don’t.

This.

And he didn’t go to Eton.

North Bucks

Off the top of my head?

Going back the guiness trial is one which sticks in my memory.They were found guilty but escaped jail

Prince andrew should certainly be facing tough questions and not be having cosy interviews.

The banking crises.

Didnt 1 person get time?"

I don’t think I was living in this country for most of them. Prince Andrew should be facing all sorts of questions but ask yourself what would he be imprisoned for in this country? Don’t get me wrong he’s a weasel but ultimately he will be subject to the same legal tests. I feel dirty for saying that as he’s odious.

The phone hacking is a very interesting one and as I say listen to the who killed Daniel Morgan podcasts if you get a minute. I agree completely with you on this one. Whole swathes of the press should be sent down. The most expensive murder investigation in history with cross cutting themes of phone hacking.

liverpool

Because they don’t.

This.

And he didn’t go to Eton. "

I said he was a celebrity

I didnt say he was rich and powerful.

liverpool

Off the top of my head?

The banking crises.

Didnt 1 person get time?

I don’t think I was living in this country for most of them. Prince Andrew should be facing all sorts of questions but ask yourself what would he be imprisoned for in this country? Don’t get me wrong he’s a weasel but ultimately he will be subject to the same legal tests. I feel dirty for saying that as he’s odious.

The phone hacking is a very interesting one and as I say listen to the who killed Daniel Morgan podcasts if you get a minute. I agree completely with you on this one. Whole swathes of the press should be sent down. The most expensive murder investigation in history with cross cutting themes of phone hacking. "

He would at least be asked some uncomfortable questions.

I'll try and catch it.

It was a big point in the Murdoch doc..they have even dropped the links between the police and the journalists.

They are frankly above the law.

North Bucks

Off the top of my head?

The banking crises.

Didnt 1 person get time?

The phone hacking is a very interesting one and as I say listen to the who killed Daniel Morgan podcasts if you get a minute. I agree completely with you on this one. Whole swathes of the press should be sent down. The most expensive murder investigation in history with cross cutting themes of phone hacking.

He would at least be asked some uncomfortable questions.

I'll try and catch it.

It was a big point in the Murdoch doc..they have even dropped the links between the police and the journalists.

They are frankly above the law."

Honestly it’s outrageous as fuck what these men have got away with. The book is fantastic.

liverpool

That Coulson must have got a wapping pay out.

Off the top of my head?

The banking crises.

Didnt 1 person get time?

The phone hacking is a very interesting one and as I say listen to the who killed Daniel Morgan podcasts if you get a minute. I agree completely with you on this one. Whole swathes of the press should be sent down. The most expensive murder investigation in history with cross cutting themes of phone hacking. "

yes i agree totally as regards the phone hacking too, far too many managed to wrangle there way out of that net, they should of all done serious time for it.

Do you think Hogan will go?, the Irish seem really upset about it but can't sack him as he doesn't work for them. What about Andy, do you think the Fbi would ever charge him?

North Bucks

"Do you think Hogan will go?, the Irish seem really upset about it but can't sack him as he doesn't work for them. What about Andy, do you think the Fbi would ever charge him?"

What can they realistically charge him with though? There are a long list of offences committed by Epstein and Maxwell for sure. But was Andrew involved in it or was he just a useful idiot for their schemes?

He’s a grade A bellend though.

liverpool

"Do you think Hogan will go?, the Irish seem really upset about it but can't sack him as he doesn't work for them. What about Andy, do you think the Fbi would ever charge him?"

They have probably come to some agreement behind the scenes..they wont push for him to go over there to be questioned and we wont kick ho to Much of a fuss over that diplomats wife.

liverpool

"Do you think Hogan will go?, the Irish seem really upset about it but can't sack him as he doesn't work for them. What about Andy, do you think the Fbi would ever charge him?

What can they realistically charge him with though? There are a long list of offences committed by Epstein and Maxwell for sure. But was Andrew involved in it or was he just a useful idiot for their schemes?

He’s a grade A bellend though. "

There is no doubt he was involved in something but thats the whole point of him being questioned.

"Do you think Hogan will go?, the Irish seem really upset about it but can't sack him as he doesn't work for them. What about Andy, do you think the Fbi would ever charge him?

He’s a grade A bellend though. "

True not proven guilty a d like you say could of just been to useful idiot to manipulate as he really didn't come across as too worldly in that interview of his, and yeah definite bellend

They have probably come to some agreement behind the scenes..they wont push for him to go over there to be questioned and we wont kick ho to Much of a fuss over that diplomats wife."

umm yeah you could be right there, am sure there has probably been some horse trading going on in both cases.

North Bucks

He’s a grade A bellend though. True not proven guilty a d like you say could of just been to useful idiot to manipulate as he really didn't come across as too worldly in that interview of his, and yeah definite bellend "

The interview was terrible. The whole story about him not sweating was incredibly dishonest as there are pictures of him sweating away clinging on to multiple

women around the world. If they have confirmed offences against him then I would love to see what happens to a royal.

He’s a grade A bellend though. True not proven guilty a d like you say could of just been to useful idiot to manipulate as he really didn't come across as too worldly in that interview of his, and yeah definite bellend

The interview was terrible. The whole story about him not sweating was incredibly dishonest as there are pictures of him sweating away clinging on to multiple

women around the world. If they have confirmed offences against him then I would love to see what happens to a royal.

"

i know, i reckon even if he never slept with any of the women his hands have wandered far to much at times. I actually felt for the queen on this, so embarrassing, as the old saying goes you can choose your friends but not your family. I too would be intrigued to see what would happen with him being a royal prince.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing."
They are no different to anybody else but if you or me break the rules the press will not be interested.

All your post shows is jelosy

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing.They are no different to anybody else but if you or me break the rules the press will not be interested.

All your post shows is jelosy"

It’s reality not jealousy.

Cummings lied through his teeth and stuck up two fingers. Joe public was being fined or sent home for the same offence.

This government and the elite that surrounds it are just looking down and laughing. We’re the mugs that let them do it.

He’s a grade A bellend though. True not proven guilty a d like you say could of just been to useful idiot to manipulate as he really didn't come across as too worldly in that interview of his, and yeah definite bellend

i know, i reckon even if he never slept with any of the women his hands have wandered far to much at times. I actually felt for the queen on this, so embarrassing, as the old saying goes you can choose your friends but not your family. I too would be intrigued to see what would happen with him being a royal prince."

My feeling is that if there are chargeable offences, the queen will arrange some sort of diplomatic immunity.. From the evidence the press has presented, the guy is a sleaze bag. But I don’t see him being prosecuted on the evidence we have seen in the press thus far.

"First I think it was some Scottish minister playing away, then we had prime ministers advisor Dominic Cummings going for a dodgy drive etc and now we have Phil hogan EU trade commissioner attending some golf dinner with 80 other bigwigs, what is it with all these people? what makes them think that rules are only for us and not them?. I seem to remember the Scottish minister doing the right thing, but Cummings dug in like a tick and its looking as though Hogan is trying to do the same thing.They are no different to anybody else but if you or me break the rules the press will not be interested.

Cummings lied through his teeth and stuck up two fingers. Joe public was being fined or sent home for the same offence.

This government and the elite that surrounds it are just looking down and laughing. We’re the mugs that let them do it.

"

True that- and worse still- we are being encouraged to snip and snipe at our neighbours for not behaving like the government would like us to..

liverpool

True that- and worse still- we are being encouraged to snip and snipe at our neighbours for not behaving like the government would like us to.. "

Divide and rule.

Always works a treat.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Governments around the world are using covid19 measures as a way to erode personal freedom and expression. It is one rule for the elite and another for the peasants, always has been.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Because they don’t.

This.

The issue is when a member of the public comes out of prison, they can't get back to a normal life as the have a criminal record. Celebrities tend to be able to get on with their lives, just like he did.

All your post shows is jelosy"

not jealous at all Emma, no idea why you think that from my posts but everyone has there opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic