FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > New Zealand > Campervan hire recmmendations

Campervan hire recmmendations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atureforminx OP   Man 7 weeks ago

here and there

Looking to travel New Zealand with my daughter either this year or next. Lived there in ‘96 and ‘97 while travelling round the world. Lived and worked with the Maoris at Rosedale landfill site then put up the steel for Albany Stadium with Panama Riggers, before Christmas then put the roof on top of steel, after Christmas. Lived in West Massey and Henderson and have friends in Mangawhai, as well as West Massey and Henderson. Would love to travel more on North and South Island. Looking for recomendations for camper van hire. Size not an issue as I have a class 1 license ( HGV articulated ) and drive a truck for a living.

As it’s a long way from Scotland and probably a once in a lifetime experience together, we’d be looking for a minimum of three weeks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urreyNotSoNewbiesCouple 7 weeks ago

Surrey

We used a motor home from Britz at Christchurch to tour the South Island, was a good clean and reliable camper and seamless pickup and drop off. Enjoy your trip, we had an amazing time.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 7 weeks ago

North West

Jucy Rentals are very popular.

If you can get someone from nz to book it for you, it might be cheaper.

Have an amazing time.

By *ncutgemMan 6 weeks ago

Bath ish

Wicked campers if only for the whacky slogans

I do hope the anti brigade haven’t made them pc

Where the whack is whackatani

By *ornucopiaMan 6 weeks ago

Bexley

Thinking laterally, not hiring a camper has some good alternatives.

Renting budget cheap to fuel retired Japanese cars (I've used Ace Cars at Auckland airport on each visit) and staying in chalet accomodation in any of hundreds of excellent value camp sites in convenient locations makes life a hell of a lot simpler and won't break the bank. It worked for me two years running for a month at a time and would do the same again without any hesitation.

I post as someone who is also no stranger to campervan ownership and who understands that they are not the cheapest things to fill up frequently when touring.

Different economics if you are predominantly staying put on trips.

By *434funMan 6 weeks ago

cronton

If you are doing both islands, fly into Christchurch or Queenstown and hire from there, dropping off at Auckland.

You should get better deals.

By *CBoyTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Penygraig

Many years ago...about 20..I hired a campervan from a place at Wellington Airport. It had the gear shift on the steering column and I found it very difficult to use. I expect those vehicles aren't around anymore but worth checking when you do look at hiring. I toured the South Island for a week. Fantastic scenery. Oddly it was summer January but bloody snowed one day.

By *erry bull1Man 5 weeks ago

doncaster

Hired mine through my travel agent , picked it up near Auckland airport but had to stay in a hotel the first 24 hours to test before I could collect it , then spent 6 week touring . No problem s when handing it back plus because it had a inhabitants certificate I could park up free most nights on sea front car parks

By *eronikapaulCouple 2 weeks ago

Reading

We would second the post above from Cornucopia. There is a lot to be said for renting a car and staying in the many delightful guest houses and the like. particularly in the North Island. Have a great time!

By *ntcovMan 2 weeks ago

Church Gresley / Swadlincote

We used Juicy rentals. No probs at all, recommend.

» Add a new message to this topic