FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messages from forumites

Messages from forumites

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you deal with them differently to messages from ‘others’ for want of a better term.

Do you feel like you should be nicer to people you’ve passed the time of day with before?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I don't treat them differently. But I do think you are more likely to understand their sense of humour and ways more. Which may seem a bit ambiguous from a stranger but is normal for the forumite.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Kind of. It's hard to explain. I'll admit that sometimes I'm a bit erm... less on board with it if it's a very graphic sex message and it's off the back of a thread that's very much not about sex. I tend to be a bit shorter in my replies then because I think they should read the mood a bit more.

Generally I'm more likely to reply to forum users because they're not just seeing me as a human fleshlight. Probably a bit more familiar because I've read their posts a few times.

I don't expect other forum users to respond differently to me - the only time would be is if it's a thread/game where they directly ask for pms on a subject. It would be nice to be acknowledged then, especially if they say about being ignored or whatnot subsequently.

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I'm usually interested in something that's been sent to me connected to something else, like a forum reply.

Some of the messages that seem to arrive out of the blue are not worth the time it took to read them!

Gbat

" the only time would be is if it's a thread/game where they directly ask for pms on a subject. It would be nice to be acknowledged then, ..."

That also disappoints me. Of course I know that when people say "I'm in" they weren't speaking to me directly, but if you join a game you should expect messages from other players! Seems it would be polite to answer and different from the usual rules and etiquette that apply to an unsolicited message.

Gbat

"I don't treat them differently. But I do think you are more likely to understand their sense of humour and ways more. Which may seem a bit ambiguous from a stranger but is normal for the forumite. "

If it’s someone you know well, then I agree, but if it’s someone you’ve maybe exchanged a few words with, it’s trickier.

"Kind of. It's hard to explain. I'll admit that sometimes I'm a bit erm... less on board with it if it's a very graphic sex message and it's off the back of a thread that's very much not about sex. I tend to be a bit shorter in my replies then because I think they should read the mood a bit more.

Generally I'm more likely to reply to forum users because they're not just seeing me as a human fleshlight. Probably a bit more familiar because I've read their posts a few times.

I don't expect other forum users to respond differently to me - the only time would be is if it's a thread/game where they directly ask for pms on a subject. It would be nice to be acknowledged then, especially if they say about being ignored or whatnot subsequently. "

First paragraph, yes!

Agree with the rest too though.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Yes.

I tend to open messages from forum people if I recognise the name, invariably I ignore everyone else.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I don't feel I should be nicer. That could very easily come at a personal cost and I ain't down for that

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Do you deal with them differently to messages from ‘others’ for want of a better term.

Do you feel like you should be nicer to people you’ve passed the time of day with before?"

No fuck them some of the big idiots are in the forum.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My first thought was no I’m exactly the same but having thought about it I probably am.

I’m always polite and fairly chatty but when I know someone better such as a formite more of my personality comes out and I personally open up a little more as it feels like a safer space somehow

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"I don't treat them differently. But I do think you are more likely to understand their sense of humour and ways more. Which may seem a bit ambiguous from a stranger but is normal for the forumite.

If it’s someone you know well, then I agree, but if it’s someone you’ve maybe exchanged a few words with, it’s trickier."

Definitely, I mean if someone is rude they are rude regardless and are treated the same way.

I know I've said something on the forum which came out completely wrong (a few times), but because they know I sometimes struggle with words asked for clarification. This probably wouldn't happen if I wasn't on the forum often.

"I don't feel I should be nicer. That could very easily come at a personal cost and I ain't down for that "

This is where I struggle at times.

No I don't think it has a huge impact. Just that there is some familiarity, which makes it easier to reply, get an early view into what they are like. The impression they made on forum might be different though to what they are like in private. I don't have an ambition to be liked/worshipped or even just understood by majority so I don't think I try majorly hard.

"Do you deal with them differently to messages from ‘others’ for want of a better term.

Do you feel like you should be nicer to people you’ve passed the time of day with before?

No fuck them some of the big idiots are in the forum. "

. True at times

I treat everyone the same - I barely get any messages anyway

I wouldn't be getting messages from forum users as I stay in the arse end of nowhere, but I would treat every message with the same attention and importance that the person who sent it deserves. Anyone sending you a message has taken the time to send it to you. I reply nicely to the random "fancy a blow job" messages from men - it's nothing to be nice to people, even if they are chancing their mit a bit.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes. I do treat forumites less sexually than I would normally on fab messages, but then on the forum its been mostly social chatting so the friend zone is pretty close

"I wouldn't be getting messages from forum users as I stay in the arse end of nowhere, but I would treat every message with the same attention and importance that the person who sent it deserves. Anyone sending you a message has taken the time to send it to you. I reply nicely to the random "fancy a blow job" messages from men - it's nothing to be nice to people, even if they are chancing their mit a bit."

Some people get thousands though

(not me, filters are tighter than a nuns arse generally)

"Yes. I do treat forumites less sexually than I would normally on fab messages, but then on the forum its been mostly social chatting so the friend zone is pretty close "

It’s the opposite I have trouble with.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm more likely to respond to someone I've seen around the forums than a random. Possibly because even if we haven't spoke I tend to have a bit of an impression of what they're like.

"I wouldn't be getting messages from forum users as I stay in the arse end of nowhere, but I would treat every message with the same attention and importance that the person who sent it deserves. Anyone sending you a message has taken the time to send it to you. I reply nicely to the random "fancy a blow job" messages from men - it's nothing to be nice to people, even if they are chancing their mit a bit.

Some people get thousands though

(not me, filters are tighter than a nuns arse generally)"

Haha, I was coming to that from a man's perspective - we generally don't have to worry about the quantity side of our inbox.

Do you feel like you should be nicer to people you’ve passed the time of day with before?"

Just because they contribute to threads does not automatically give them preferential status, so to speak. In some cases, reading comments has had a negative impact on my view on certain people unfortunately. All that glitters is not gold, blah blah blah.

However, reading comments does make me much more curious about those profiles too...and there are lots of lovely people on here who I wouldn't necessarily know about or make contact with, had it not been for their contributions.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I think the term forumite - its yet another label with pre conceived ideas attached to it

There’s a familiarity with people who use the forums so messages from these people in my experience tend to have a more warm or friendly nature largely they are in response to a forum discussion or the forum having drawn them to your profile - so perhaps seems less unsolicited than the random messages with requests of grandeur.

Each message I receive is treated the same - if it’s something I find ludicrous or rude I will advise that, if it’s banter or intellectual discussion I’ll engage. That said it would be natural to converse more with someone whom I have built up a friendship or connection with but I wouldn’t say that this can only come from another forum user.

Im a chatty lass just don’t presume because this is a sex site that that is all I have to talk about

Will chat to those on the forum more as usually more interesting messages

I probably do make an effort to reply to any I get from people on the forums, most of the new friends I've made recently are from here.

I only really talk to people who post on the forum or who lurk and message me off a thread.

Mainly because I have that sense of I know who they are even if we haven’t met if that makes sense… For myself it just makes the conversation easier in other words.

I very rarely would message anyone who isn’t on the forum and the messages I have got off people that don’t use the forum are the free now to fuck the Mrs at 1am from 200 miles away

Personally I do find messages from people that use the forum different to those who don’t - Just my experience and opinion though…

Everyone gets the same respect and politeness until they don't deserve it, but if I've actually met them then I may be a bit more cheeky.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I treat everyone accordingly.

I wouldn't be nicer to someone from the forums, or less nice to someone not.

I might be more pally with someone I've spoken to from the forums though.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I only really talk to people who post on the forum or who lurk and message me off a thread.

Mainly because I have that sense of I know who they are even if we haven’t met if that makes sense… For myself it just makes the conversation easier in other words.

I very rarely would message anyone who isn’t on the forum and the messages I have got off people that don’t use the forum are the free now to fuck the Mrs at 1am from 200 miles away

Personally I do find messages from people that use the forum different to those who don’t - Just my experience and opinion though…"

Roads are emptier that time of night

Kind of feel obliged to reposed to a fellow forum user but I don’t like talking one on one. I barely answer the messages in my inbox so I don’t really like being messaged privately. Prefer to keep things to the forum. Unless it’s Sam Tender. I like to send him pictures of my cunt and arse hole.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes. I always respond to forum people and I never block them.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

" I probably do make an effort to reply to any I get from people on the forums, most of the new friends I've made recently are from here."

Yeah I agree with this - it’s not a green light to get in my knickers though. If I’m interested in someone that way I would let them know. Otherwise I’m happy to chat to people from the forums. By that I mean anyone that posts in threads not the lurkers that just use the direct message option.

"Roads are emptier that time of night "

That’s true!

Some interesting perspectives

I don’t treat them different as per say

But I will answer a formite than a random

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Not really, I’m an equal opportunities ignorer.

The only difference is that I am likely more interested in what they have to say over some random wuu2 profile.

I’m more likely to engage in a conversation with a forum dweller than I would someone messaging me out of the blue.

Then again, it’s rare that I’d be messaged out of the blue anyway.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

I'm more likely to engage in messages with a "forumite" as rightly or wrongly I think they are more on our level, more into the game of swi going rather than just looking for a quick fuck. There also seems to be more of an effort made. Although that's not always the case and there are the ones who just loiter for an opportunity to message someone and that annoys me. If I've replied on the forum then ask before you pm me or it'll just get deleted.

"I'm more likely to engage in messages with a "forumite" as rightly or wrongly I think they are more on our level, more into the game of swi going rather than just looking for a quick fuck. There also seems to be more of an effort made. Although that's not always the case and there are the ones who just loiter for an opportunity to message someone and that annoys me. If I've replied on the forum then ask before you pm me or it'll just get deleted. "

This really annoys me, why pm instead of answering on the thread.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

It's rare that someone from the forum will just message. Most of the time it's because of a forum thread and they're specifically supposed to message. This has led to some great conversations and making friends though

I'm always polite in any reply, though any forumite would probably get a chattier reply than someone local who I've never looked at before. Just because I feel I know them better

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes

Yes

"Yes

Yes"

Any expansion on that Granny?

"I'm more likely to engage in messages with a "forumite" as rightly or wrongly I think they are more on our level, more into the game of swi going rather than just looking for a quick fuck. There also seems to be more of an effort made. Although that's not always the case and there are the ones who just loiter for an opportunity to message someone and that annoys me. If I've replied on the forum then ask before you pm me or it'll just get deleted.

This really annoys me, why pm instead of answering on the thread. "

This is what I don’t like either. Feel like they use it as a way in to try and get a convo going. I don’t like chatting privately, feels too intimate for something that I haven’t requested or initiated myself. It’s weird. Can’t describe it properly why I don’t like it.

"I'm more likely to engage in messages with a "forumite" as rightly or wrongly I think they are more on our level, more into the game of swi going rather than just looking for a quick fuck. There also seems to be more of an effort made. Although that's not always the case and there are the ones who just loiter for an opportunity to message someone and that annoys me. If I've replied on the forum then ask before you pm me or it'll just get deleted.

This is what I don’t like either. Feel like they use it as a way in to try and get a convo going. I don’t like chatting privately, feels too intimate for something that I haven’t requested or initiated myself. It’s weird. Can’t describe it properly why I don’t like it. "

It’s invasive, uninvited contact.

That’s how I see it anyway, mainly if it’s graphic or trying to get into my knickers, off the back of a thread.

No, they're not some kind of special breed of people who warrant special treatment because they post on the forums

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

It all depends on the content, and tone, of the opening message I receive from someone, regardless of whether I’ve chatted to them in a forum thread or not

This is what I don’t like either. Feel like they use it as a way in to try and get a convo going. I don’t like chatting privately, feels too intimate for something that I haven’t requested or initiated myself. It’s weird. Can’t describe it properly why I don’t like it.

That’s how I see it anyway, mainly if it’s graphic or trying to get into my knickers, off the back of a thread. "

Quite often the advice given to single guys is to get chatting and known on the forums. If the chat doesn't move off the forums, then I don't see how it's meant to help them meet people

That’s how I see it anyway, mainly if it’s graphic or trying to get into my knickers, off the back of a thread.

Quite often the advice given to single guys is to get chatting and known on the forums. If the chat doesn't move off the forums, then I don't see how it's meant to help them meet people "

If it’s respectful and invited then it’s fine.

King's Crustacean

"Yes

Yes

Any expansion on that Granny?"

Okay.

I'll brew a coffee first.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Quite often the advice given to single guys is to get chatting and known on the forums. If the chat doesn't move off the forums, then I don't see how it's meant to help them meet people "

I’ve met two solo ladies and one couple as a direct result of using the forums, but most of the time, people are too far from me

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Yes I would say I'm more open to them. But then again they are rarely "hi" or "wuu2" so that skews it somewhat.

King's Crustacean

I treat the messages differently from strangers in a few ways.

If it is someone I see regularly in the forum I tend to think ...oooooooo what do you want? I read their message and reply. I get messaged for a host of reasons.

If it's from someone who has read a post in the forum that i've written and they use that post to message sommat 'pervy' to me I ignore it and delete it.

I used to reply to 'others' but just to tell them I don't chat via the message system but these days as my profile is hidden I only get messages via the forum or from people who have messaged me before.

I do speak to forumites more openly than I would speak to 'others'. More politely too and with more tolerance.

By *exandthesuburbans83Couple  over a year ago

EASTBOURNE

We tend to try and reply to them if from a forum post. Even single guys as they have taken the time to read a post of ours and reply whereas normally we wouldn't reply to single guys out of the blue as we clearly state its not our thing on the profile and will show they havent read it. No offence meant.

I think those on the forum, especially "regulars" know you a little better than others if they take the time to actually digest how you are on the forum, plus they'll have some sort of idea or conversation/interest to go with when messaging which would give them the upper hand.

If someone that didn't post on the forum messaged me a normal message and was interesting/showed interest I'd happily engage with them though.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

It depends on the reason for the message and the message's content. Which applies to anyone messaging me. So, no I don't treat them differently.

I particularly don't like sex orientated messages from forum thread creators, simply because you posted on their thread. Or from lurkers on a thread

Do you deal "differently" with posters on the actual forum?

It's interesting that three people initially responded to your first post in the thread and you directly answered two of them, but not the third.

I know you can't respond individually to every single poster but as the number was small at that point I wonder why you answered the first two people but not me, the third person?

I felt a bit left out, but I'm a big boy and I will get over it!!

Gbat

No fuck them some of the big idiots are in the forum. "

agree

"It depends on the reason for the message and the message's content. Which applies to anyone messaging me. So, no I don't treat them differently.

I particularly don't like sex orientated messages from forum thread creators, simply because you posted on their thread. Or from lurkers on a thread "

I must admit, I block OPs before commenting if its something like "How do I make more woman ride my dick" if I think they're using it as a ploy to herd a bunch of women and then be able to message some of them

From somebody who’s only recently started using the forums, Iv noticed there are around 20 or so people/couples that are regular in this forum and seem to “know” one another..but it’s an open site so new people/randoms will appear too. Like myself they just want to be involved and to meet people, this is effectively a dating site….

You don’t owe anybody anything though, reply (or not) as you seem fit and don’t overthink it, you’re naturally going to answer or behave differently because you have built a rapport with people you know or have chatted with regularly.

It's interesting that three people initially responded to your first post in the thread and you directly answered two of them, but not the third.

I know you can't respond individually to every single poster but as the number was small at that point I wonder why you answered the first two people but not me, the third person?

Gbat "

It’s not personal, I probably got distracted by something shiny

"

It’s not personal, I probably got distracted by something shiny "

Cheers,

Happy New Year.

Gbat

Gbat

It’s not personal, I probably got distracted by something shiny "

Sorry Gbat, I think it was my shiny new armour that blinded and distracted her for a while.

Seriously though, sometimes, if you step out from a thread for a while, it's difficult to catch up. I'm in awe of the regular thread starters who dare to do it. I've done it a few times and it's pretty exhausting.

I'm inclined to say yes, as the only time I get a non-forum person messages me is guys, so usually respond a certain way with them.

I've reached out to people on forums and has usually been a pleasant and/or polite exchange.

"I treat the messages differently from strangers in a few ways.

If it is someone I see regularly in the forum I tend to think ...oooooooo what do you want? I read their message and reply. I get messaged for a host of reasons.

If it's from someone who has read a post in the forum that i've written and they use that post to message sommat 'pervy' to me I ignore it and delete it.

I used to reply to 'others' but just to tell them I don't chat via the message system but these days as my profile is hidden I only get messages via the forum or from people who have messaged me before.

I do speak to forumites more openly than I would speak to 'others'. More politely too and with more tolerance.

"

This is where I would like to be, and nearly am.

Thank you

Gbat "

That’s a great point Gbat. It isn’t just in messages where puerile respond differently. This is where the sense of cliques comes from when it’s out in the open for all to see

Grantham

"I must admit, I block OPs before commenting if its something like "How do I make more woman ride my dick" if I think they're using it as a ploy to herd a bunch of women and then be able to message some of them "

Good use of the block

I block those that post particularly nasty things so they cannot message me and pretend to be a nice guy

Grantham

"From somebody who’s only recently started using the forums, Iv noticed there are around 20 or so people/couples that are regular in this forum and seem to “know” one another.."

Many of us have met each other at socials

"Seriously though, sometimes, if you step out from a thread for a while, it's difficult to catch up. I'm in awe of the regular thread starters who dare to do it. I've done it a few times and it's pretty exhausting."

Yeah, it's all good. Equilibrium restored.

Gbat

"Yes.

I tend to open messages from forum people if I recognise the name, invariably I ignore everyone else."

This.

My profile is unambiguous as to why I'm here. People seem to respect that and not waste their time on messaging me.

Messages I get are from Forum users or lurkers and I enjoy every one of them, however briefly they may last. It's like life in general, we visit a regular location, say hello, have a brief chat and part ways but it feels cosy to see a familiar face whenever we visit.

"From somebody who’s only recently started using the forums, Iv noticed there are around 20 or so people/couples that are regular in this forum and seem to “know” one another..

Many of us have met each other at socials "

Yeah of course.. inevitable due to the nature of the site!! personally I don’t have the balls to go to a social

"

That’s a great point Gbat. It isn’t just in messages where people respond differently. This is where the sense of cliques comes from when it’s out in the open for all to see"

Yes, I see that too. But I'm more than happy with Hippychick's response.

Gbat

I generally respond to messages forum users where I might not from names I don’t recognise, on the whole I find them a lot more respectful ……

Though I have had a couple of not so nice experiences, I’ve not let that put me off using the forums just yet

I very rarely open a message unless it's someone I recognise from the forum

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

There seems to be a lot more inbreeding and teams on the forums so I treat messages from forumites slightly more warily but on the upside most of them can write conversantly so that's a good start.

I only open messages if they have booty pics attached, anything else gets deleted x

Nope, everyone is treated on their own merit, I know some forumites like to think they are royalty but certainly not in my world

I’m as nice in all my replies. I always respond to messages where I’ve said ‘I’m in’ as long as that’s part of the ‘deal’.

Often I get messages instead of people posting on the thread. I may respond if I think appropriate. I may ask them to ‘keep it on the thread’.

Gapping Fanny

[Removed by poster at 31/12/21 16:50:24]

Gapping Fanny

"I must admit, I block OPs before commenting if its something like "How do I make more woman ride my dick" if I think they're using it as a ploy to herd a bunch of women and then be able to message some of them "

How?!?!?

How for the love of God how?!?

How do I make more woman ride my dick?

"Nope, everyone is treated on their own merit, I know some forumites like to think they are royalty but certainly not in my world "

Should I be addressing them as m’lady and m’lord??

"Kind of. It's hard to explain. I'll admit that sometimes I'm a bit erm... less on board with it if it's a very graphic sex message and it's off the back of a thread that's very much not about sex. I tend to be a bit shorter in my replies then because I think they should read the mood a bit more.

I don't expect other forum users to respond differently to me - the only time would be is if it's a thread/game where they directly ask for pms on a subject. It would be nice to be acknowledged then, especially if they say about being ignored or whatnot subsequently. "

I did that the other week, sorry. A coffee thread and you said yes but I was having a shit day and thought no-one had.

From the other side of the coin I often find it easier to message and start a conversation off with a forumite as there is often a non sexual way in to starting a conversation. I do tend to get more responses as well.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Personally I don't respond differently to anyone but I have found that others do approach me differently.

People I have engaged with in the forums are usually more respectful. Even some of those that I've never spoken to directly have messaged in relation to something or other and I like the way they don't waste time with introductions but just start a conversation. It's much easier to respond that way.

In regards to messages received from people I don't know or have never seen in the forums it has been a mixed bag.

Quite a few of those tend to play fabtag.

That's when they send a message blowing smoke or full of amazing compliments and when I don't respond in a similar fashion they disappear just as fast after just the one message.

Or those who message to say they don't know how they've never seen my profile before and ask where I've been hiding?

I've been hiding in plain site where I was the last time they sent exactly the same message.

Forumites almost know what to expect when they message so there is less chance of them being disappointed

"Personally I don't respond differently to anyone but I have found that others do approach me differently.

People I have engaged with in the forums are usually more respectful. Even some of those that I've never spoken to directly have messaged in relation to something or other and I like the way they don't waste time with introductions but just start a conversation. It's much easier to respond that way.

In regards to messages received from people I don't know or have never seen in the forums it has been a mixed bag.

Quite a few of those tend to play fabtag.

That's when they send a message blowing smoke or full of amazing compliments and when I don't respond in a similar fashion they disappear just as fast after just the one message.

Or those who message to say they don't know how they've never seen my profile before and ask where I've been hiding?

I've been hiding in plain site where I was the last time they sent exactly the same message.

Forumites almost know what to expect when they message so there is less chance of them being disappointed

"

I’m not sure I dare message you

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

If I get a message from a forumite it's usually because they've accidentally clicked "Reply privately" rather than "Reply in forum".

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Quite often the advice given to single guys is to get chatting and known on the forums. If the chat doesn't move off the forums, then I don't see how it's meant to help them meet people

If it’s respectful and invited then it’s fine."

Exactly ladies x x keep it on the forum unless Invited x x

» Add a new message to this topic