FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tattoo question

Tattoo question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well I have booked my 2nd tattoo for Thursday. I'm really excited so this thread isn't about is a tattoo right or wrong

What I was wondering is how many of you that had tattoos did you use numbing cream like emla or not? And where was your tattoo?

My first tattoo I did use emla. I couldn't feel a thing for most of it but I hear it can make healing take longer. Not sure if that's correct or not lol.

This tattoo will be on my inside right ankle. It's a couple inches and will be black with shading xxx

So my question is what's all your experiences if youve had a tattoo. Would you bother with emla or not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a daisy chain around my left ankle - I didn't gate it numbed beforehand but did take a couple of paracetamol - it did sting a bit as the skin is thin around that area but it wasn't too bad

By *hyguy 43Man  over a year ago

Swansea

Good luck with the tattoo on thursday xx

I have many tattoos on my arms and legs and have never used numbing creams as the pain isnt that bad lol

* get

Doh!

I have 5 tatts, I always take strong painkillers before hand. It helps me get over the initial pain until the adrenaline kicks in

had one 15 years age without

added to it 3 years ago with --- oh defiately with

and i didnt have any problems healing

"Well I have booked my 2nd tattoo for Thursday. I'm really excited so this thread isn't about is a tattoo right or wrong

What I was wondering is how many of you that had tattoos did you use numbing cream like emla or not? And where was your tattoo?

My first tattoo I did use emla. I couldn't feel a thing for most of it but I hear it can make healing take longer. Not sure if that's correct or not lol.

This tattoo will be on my inside right ankle. It's a couple inches and will be black with shading xxx

So my question is what's all your experiences if youve had a tattoo. Would you bother with emla or not? "

I had my first tattoo last August, I was bricking it, thought I would pass out! Lol But when she was doing it, I was like, this doesn't hurt at all!

I have an M & J on my left shoulder, I designed the font and it is interlinking, I think you can see it on some of our pics.

I used bepanthen cream on it after.

I would like another on my right shoulder but not sure what?

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

had one on my right hip didnt know about numbing cream if i had id of bloody used it really painful didnt get it finished wouldnt unless i was comatosed lol xx

I have two little ones and screamed like a real wuss, Sarah had one that starts under her right breast, goes down her ribcage and onto her thigh and just laid there with nipple erection and a big smile.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

have many tattoos everywhere and never used a thing, either before or after.

just man up lol

I have four n never used any numbing cream think u should just do wat u want to and enjoy

I have one on the bottom of my back... didn't use anything and hurt like hell , but important soft haha

Good luck

Hi I've got 4 on my back and 1 on the top of my foot and have never used a numbing cream x

"I have one on the bottom of my back... didn't use anything and hurt like hell , but important soft haha

Good luck "

Im *

i've had various tats and piercings done, i've never used a numbing cream tho, the pain is half the fun... or is that just me? haha! (cum)

numbing cream? wimp lol

Well I have two full sleeves my two calfs completely done full back done 1 rib cage done wee bit on tummy 1 thy done and side of neck and back of neck done, all I would say is every1 is dif some people have high pain tollerance others don't, and also some places on the body are really sore some aren't, but I've Nvr used numbing gel but I do hear it works for a bit, but yes bepanthan the best aftercare. Hope this helps x x x

i have nine tattoos n didnt use any numbing cream or take painkillers b4 hand n after only used warm water n body lotion 2 keep clean ,,,yes im planning number ten in a few days time ,,

Thanks everyone for your advice. Much appreciated. Sounds like most didn't bother so don't think I will either

I have said this is my last tattoo so I might as well experience it pain and all

I'm really excited as its a tattoo ive wanted for a long time. It's a tattoo to represent not only my naughty/sweet side but also to represent closer to a very bad chapter in my life. Roll on Thurs

Ive never used it, i have two half sleeves, one of which goes over my shoulder and up my neck. a rather large back piece and a large leg piece and ive had to sit thro the pain of all of them so i think everyone else should too lol

Had few done never used any thing for the pain.got one going down my back taken just over 2hours to do .didnt hurt

I have 17 and never used anything, pain doesnt last long and is worth it for the end result.

To be fair didn't know you could get a numbing cream

My last ink work was quite large, didn't need anything, have heard folk take pain killers half an hour b4 hand... Tramadol seems to be the one to use!!!

hope it goes well for you, enjoy x

yes am a coward and used numbing cream both times, star on ankle and my sons name on my wrist lol that one hurt when it wore off thou prob coz of where it was lol xx

Thanks for all the help xx

Well I only know about emla cause I work in a pharmacy lol

I'm really excited and figure as its my last tattoo I might as well enjoy the experience

I've got 2 never took anything and only put Vaseline on after as told that's all i had to put on. The one on my calf felt like it was being painted on.

The one over my shoulder going down my back is orchids with dragonflies took nearly 2 hrs. Was ok for the first hour and half but after that felt like someone dragging a knife over my bone on the shoulder. Only problem i had was it took a week for the ink to stop staining my clothes and sheets

Had my first 3 weeks ago & altho I bought Emla, was told some tattooists would refuse to do it if it was numbed. Mine is on top of my right buttock & didn't really hurt at all. So much so that although I said just the one, am considering 'just the 2'!!

Good luck & enjoy!!

Ive got a full sleeve and never used any numbing cream either. Pain was tolerable untill under the arm pit lol. And just savlon applied generously afterwards. Enjoy your tat

"Ive got a full sleeve and never used any numbing cream either. Pain was tolerable untill under the arm pit lol. And just savlon applied generously afterwards. Enjoy your tat "

under your arm hurts like hell, i think the worse thing about it is not only is it a very tender part its also not the most comfy of possitions siting with your arm over your head for 2 hours, inside your elbo flipping hurts too, i was gritting my teeth a bit there

have a small flower on my shoulder (female here)..no numbing for me cus im hard! Actually wasnt offered any lol.

nappy cream is meant to be good to apply afterwards..heals up nicely. x

numbing cream effects the colour and quality of the tattoo....

any decent tattooist will tell you that

i have 10 tattoo's and not used numbing cream never plan too pain is part of the getting the tattoo

i sat for three hours getting my spider-man tattoo and worth the three hours of pain

By *ookworm258Man  over a year ago

Wythenshawe

Never used any numbing cream before and only ever had vasaline on my tattoo afterwards. Found a hot bath immediately after helped the healing process

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Numbing cream??...they would have to give me a general anaesthetic!..having one done to look 'well ard' wouldnt work for me...Im a coward and proud!!..

"Had my first 3 weeks ago & altho I bought Emla, was told some tattooists would refuse to do it if it was numbed. Mine is on top of my right buttock & didn't really hurt at all. So much so that although I said just the one, am considering 'just the 2'!!

Good luck & enjoy!!"

Thats what I always said I would only have the one but straight after I decided to have a 2nd

I have 5 and never used numbing cream. Last two were on the inside of each wrist, one didn't hurt at all but the other one did. Wonder why that was!? Recommend bepanthan for afterwards

I have six and never used any numbing cream but the one on my chest and the one on my collar bone were the most uncomfortable Feckin numbing cream Man up you know it's done rite cus of how deep the tattoo artist is going

ive got 4 and they are all on my arm, all obviously hurt but only 1 which was close to my elbow was really bad

never used the cream but as long as it doesnt prolong the healing i cant see any reason not to use it unless you are 1 of those kinky bastards who likes the feeling?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Just don't use aspirin. You'll bleed like a stuck pig!

got quite a few myself and best thing to do is sit back relax and the pain will ease as the tatt takes shape

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've only got the two, but got them touched up a few weeks ago and yes I forgot how sore it was (my lower back in this case)

Have been told by a friend who has a lot more than I do to use numbing cream for my next one, (I want to add to my back) and he should know all about the healing process, so I will be using numbing cream the next time x

I (miss) have 9 tattoos, ankles, arm, spine, lower back, thigh, wrists and foot, never used numbing cream, love the feeling of being inked! Mr is covered in them head to foot, I find tattoos soo sexy

» Add a new message to this topic