FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > More OP control to threads?

More OP control to threads?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ity Slickers Parties OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Milan, Italy

I notice that many threads can be totally irrelevant to the OP subject if not purposely or worse sarcastically done to ridicule the OP so... Why not create an option for the OP to keep or delete those irrelevant of unwanted threads in his/her own Forum Subject?

This would make the threads much more focused to the OP requests, would encourage each user to be more respectful and would also reduce the overall work to the moderators

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbobeanMan  over a year ago

dagenham

Very good point

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope, that would mean only posts that agree with the op would stay, and that wouldn't encourage honest debate, wouldn't give a balanced, both sides of a debate.

It's an open forum, as long as posters are within the rules, they can post as they like. Some of the very best threads have started on a tangent

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I notice that many threads can be totally irrelevant to the OP subject if not purposely or worse sarcastically done to ridicule the OP so... Why not create an option for the OP to keep or delete those irrelevant of unwanted threads in his/her own Forum Subject?

This would make the threads much more focused to the OP requests, would encourage each user to be more respectful and would also reduce the overall work to the moderators "

It's quarter past ten.

Milan, Italy

There is indeed a difference between a “Constructive Criticism” which is always well received by most, to a supposedly irrelevant and sarcastic thread.

"There is indeed a difference between a “Constructive Criticism” which is always well received by most, to a supposedly irrelevant and sarcastic thread."

I concur as does get rather boring after a while

"There is indeed a difference between a “Constructive Criticism” which is always well received by most, to a supposedly irrelevant and sarcastic thread."

The trouble is you are then relying on the op being totally fair in allowing a free and honest debate

It would simply cause duplicate threads, with other posters allowing a more balanced debate and re-posting what they put on the original thread after it has been removed from the original thread.

It would potentially cause more work for the mods, not less.

Skip the irrelevant posts, yes it happens a lot, people just do not read the opening post (the best example is usually in clubs) but the nonsense posts are easy enough to ignore

Milan, Italy

"There is indeed a difference between a “Constructive Criticism” which is always well received by most, to a supposedly irrelevant and sarcastic thread.

The trouble is you are then relying on the op being totally fair in allowing a free and honest debate "

I suppose what I would like to see is more efforts from people to bring their point across in much more respectful manners. It's far too easy at times to be a nuisance just for the fun of it. Nobody would delete a fair comment even if these are criticising the OP as long as they are constructive it would make the forum more interesting and would encourage people to be more respectful even when they do not agree.

Just a thought anyway

"There is indeed a difference between a “Constructive Criticism” which is always well received by most, to a supposedly irrelevant and sarcastic thread.

The trouble is you are then relying on the op being totally fair in allowing a free and honest debate

I suppose what I would like to see is more efforts from people to bring their point across in much more respectful manners. It's far too easy at times to be a nuisance just for the fun of it. Nobody would delete a fair comment even if these are criticising the OP as long as they are constructive it would make the forum more interesting and would encourage people to be more respectful even when they do not agree.

Just a thought anyway "

In an ideal world I would agree, but do you really believe everybody who posts on the forums is that mature

I totally see the point and empathise but

Its unworkable. As pointed out if op.doesnt like replies he just censors them ( sound familiar anyone?! )

People should try to stick to the thread more though.

Just take a look at some op threads, usually single guys but often MF, probably the male half: as soon as you disagree with them they take a dent to the ego and spit the dummy.....

And i'll take on anyone who disagrees with me in a square go........ joke!

» Add a new message to this topic