FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > profile comments

profile comments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bob1202 OP   Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

On other sites there is an option to comment on the persons profile. A guestbook. This gives an opportunity to comment without sending a wink or a message which can be considered intrusive. This not only can lead to a warmer introduction but also gives feedback on profiles. I would only encourage positive comments if you dont like the profile keep it to yourself.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Isn't that just the same as a message really? Are the comments displayed publicly and do you have the option to hide/delete them?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"On other sites there is an option to comment on the persons profile. A guestbook. This gives an opportunity to comment without sending a wink or a message which can be considered intrusive. This not only can lead to a warmer introduction but also gives feedback on profiles. I would only encourage positive comments if you dont like the profile keep it to yourself."

Isn't that usually restricted to those on your friends list? Or do you mean on images?

If it's comments on images; I suspect many public images would vanish over night and that wouldn't be appreciated.

Blackburn

You can comment and i suppose you could delete unfavourable comments. I was rather focusing on the profile rather than the pics. Admittedly the pics will cite comments such as really sexy etc. But if you comment on the profile it demonstrates you read it. Then when you follow up with a message the recipient knows this person has read their profile. Less chance of being ignored. Also it means abusive users can be spotted quicker and despatched off here so genuine people can make connections. Just a thought....am i being too optimistic.

Blackburn

"Isn't that just the same as a message really? Are the comments displayed publicly and do you have the option to hide/delete them? "

Yes but i have many messages unread so i feel i am intruding and my contact is unwanted. I also have many ignored which is just as soul destroying. Just trying to make fabe a bit friendlier for some users.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Isn't that just the same as a message really? Are the comments displayed publicly and do you have the option to hide/delete them? "

Think he means like face book

You click a like and have running public comments

Blackburn

"Isn't that just the same as a message really? Are the comments displayed publicly and do you have the option to hide/delete them?

Think he means like face book

You click a like and have running public comments "

Well i did not think of that. But i think that is probably a lot of work for the recipient. Like a guestbook. I sign yours amd say lovely profile i particularly like turning people on too. That is it

A more in depth discussion is from messaging. Otherwise your prone to the same challenges we have with winks and messages.

kinky land

Okay so the messaging filter system would apply as well?

Because it initially sounded like an idea to bypass the messaging filters.

Having a wall on a profile that friends can comment on.

I agree an opt out option would be needed

Blackburn

No you would need to put filters on. If its important that you dont get comments from certain groups.

kinky land

It really is sounding like a way to get round message filters

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

I know what he is referring to. They have a guestbook like this on a site I'm on called TV Chix. People leave messages on my guestbook like "lovely pics" etc, can't see the point of it really. I'd rather just receive a more personalised message

Blackburn

"It really is sounding like a way to get round message filters "

Look that never occurred to me. I did not even consider filters but if you dont want certain people messaging you why let them view your profile. Surely this is another development to fab. If you dont want single men for example..contacting you surely fab should make your profile invisible to single men. That means you can relax knowing single men are not perving on your pics. Trust me if someboody wants nothing to do with me im okay with that. Let me focus on people who do.

Blackburn

"I know what he is referring to. They have a guestbook like this on a site I'm on called TV Chix. People leave messages on my guestbook like "lovely pics" etc, can't see the point of it really. I'd rather just receive a more personalised message "

That is exactly where i got it from. I often put more personalised comments then that but it brings me to the attention of the person in the profile. I usually leave a kind message then i follow up with a message if i notice they have viewed my profile. I read profiles and target my message. Sometimesit works sometimes it doesnt. But it genuinely helps both the sender and the recipient.

kinky land

"It really is sounding like a way to get round message filters

Look that never occurred to me. I did not even consider filters but if you dont want certain people messaging you why let them view your profile. Surely this is another development to fab. If you dont want single men for example..contacting you surely fab should make your profile invisible to single men. That means you can relax knowing single men are not perving on your pics. Trust me if someboody wants nothing to do with me im okay with that. Let me focus on people who do."

I like single men. I only put filters on because of the volume of crap in my inbox.

I have no issues with any registered user looking at my profile.

I was just trying to work out what it was you were suggesting

Stopping all single men from seeing a huge number of couples and/or single profiles wouldn't be financially viable.

As and when I want to I lift the message filters

Or more usually I'll send a message

Adding more admin; like monitoring comments (& believe me lots of people do not comprehend appropriate comments) doesn't appeal to me as I'm not here for attention or popularity. I ignore my inbox as it is, I don't look at winks/looked at me/friends requests now as I prefer to use my time on the forums

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"I know what he is referring to. They have a guestbook like this on a site I'm on called TV Chix. People leave messages on my guestbook like "lovely pics" etc, can't see the point of it really. I'd rather just receive a more personalised message

That is exactly where i got it from. I often put more personalised comments then that but it brings me to the attention of the person in the profile. I usually leave a kind message then i follow up with a message if i notice they have viewed my profile. I read profiles and target my message. Sometimesit works sometimes it doesnt. But it genuinely helps both the sender and the recipient."

It's like a wink with a comment at the same time I suppose. It's good that you message as well, not many people do both.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd turn the option off on my own profile. It'd just lead to trying to get around message filters, and I think messages would be the same sort of awful stuff it's bad enough that I have to see.

Fab means great pics, wink means interested, anything else, message.

Blackburn

Anyway it was just a thought. Dont go changing fab. Trying to please me...

By *ovingeachotherCouple  over a year ago

Devizes

"Anyway it was just a thought. Dont go changing fab. Trying to please me..."
I think this is a really good idea, infact I was saying the same thing to hubby the other night x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like this idea.

By *pmsldCouple  over a year ago

kettering

So your messages go unopened due to the volume of messages they get... those same people will leave comments aswell so the recipient instead of having 100 messages has now got 100 messages and 100 profile comments to read.. I can't see the benefit of this over winks really..especially if you want it to help you get noticed. if you appreciate a photo or vid you can Fab it to show that.