FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Can or can't Accomodate

Can or can't Accomodate

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ixsticky OP   Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

What exactly does this mean ?

Not the same to everyone it would seem.

Can accomodate can mean welcome back to ours but no overnight stays or welcome to have a few drinks and fun and stay overnight.

Can't Accomodate can mean nobody can come back to ours for fun or can mean no overnight stays. Which is correct ?

Perhaps a few more choices ?

Comments Syrupy xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

IMHO, and I can be wrong about this, however, this is my intepretation.

Can accommodate = can provide a roof over one's head, whether it is own home or paid for such as hotel accommodation. Car/vehicle/truck/van does not count as accommodation.

Can't accommodate = must meet away from base, cannot afford to pay for hotel rooms etc...

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Personally we take Cannot Accom to mean they cannot accom at their own place, be that for a few hours or overnight stay.

Therefore can accom is the opposite, they can accom at their own place, but this can mean for a few hours or overnight so check with the individual.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

But has you say this does mean people have different ideas to what accom and cannot accom actual mean

"IMHO, and I can be wrong about this, however, this is my intepretation.

Can accommodate = can provide a roof over one's head, whether it is own home or paid for such as hotel accommodation. Car/vehicle/truck/van does not count as accommodation.

Can't accommodate = must meet away from base, cannot afford to pay for hotel rooms etc...

"

i cant accom but cant afford to pay for hotels etc

To us can accom means can meet there but does not mean an overnight stay unless been invited to stay the night,can't accom means they don't want people meeting at home.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"To us can accom means can meet there but does not mean an overnight stay unless been invited to stay the night,can't accom means they don't want people meeting at home."

I always assume the same...they can play at their own home or not.

I would never assume that 'can accom' means an overnight stay, unless thats what has been agreed in advance.

» Add a new message to this topic