FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > May 2024 Subject removed in private mails

May 2024 Subject removed in private mails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've removed message subject in Private Mails. Same as you don't have to write a "subject" line when you send a whatsapp or a text, you don't on here either. 99% of the time we received messages the subject was "hi". It makes messaging slightly easier. As part of this, the small number of users who weren't yet on the new style "grouped" mailbox have also been moved over. Any feedback on this change, in this thread please

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ortisiaCouple 5 weeks ago

Leicestershire

Why? Lots of people use it as a way to show people have read their profile, placing a word in the detail text.

Helps le out those who are just picture hunters!

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Haverfordwest

The heading change is good but it takes some getting used too regarding the change to access the persons profile by clicking the photo and not the username.

By *p2norfolkngoodMan 5 weeks ago

Norwich

"Why? Lots of people use it as a way to show people have read their profile, placing a word in the detail text.

Helps le out those who are just picture hunters! "

Exactly and the system here is called mail so much like email you do have a subject line

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

"Why? Lots of people use it as a way to show people have read their profile, placing a word in the detail text.

People who place the required word can't be picture hunters?

By *ellhungvweMan 5 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I think you might have an inadvertent problem with removing the header because it could be a good filter for people - if the message is “hi” then the rest of the message is probably _ross, if the header is interesting then the message probably is too.

My bet would be that the vast majority of “hi” messages don’t get responded to or even opened (particularly from single males) but the other headers do.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

They can just place said word at start of message

Admin x

By *inkyfun southcoastMan 5 weeks ago

South Wales / South Coast

They did this on fabguys a week or so ago and the response has been mixed.

But I share the concern about those who had “put x in the subject to show you’ve read the profile”.

With this gone, no one will know if they’ve truly read the profile or just copied and pasted their message.

Its good in a way but I can see this causing way more problems as this site is a lot busier and more popular.

One possible workaround: put the code word at the beginning of the message. Like on the radio, you text something before your message. As the first few lines come up, people can see if the writer has read their profile properly.

By *bw.BratWoman 5 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

Why do this ?!?!?!

99% of single ladies on here use that to see if someone has read their messages!!

AND event organisers use it to spot a message in regards to the event far easier / quicker !!!!!

What an extremely sh!t move !!!!!!

By *inaTitzTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I prefer to make use of the subject line to let the recipient know what the message is about.

ie, Night out in Leeds this Saturday

as it tells them straightaway what is being proposed and it makes finding their reply a lot easier.

Carmarthenshire

"Why do this ?!?!?!

99% of single ladies on here use that to see if someone has read their *PROFILE*!!

AND event organisers use it to spot a message in regards to the event far easier / quicker !!!!!

What an extremely sh!t move !!!!!! "

By *imi_RougeWoman 5 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Of all the updates people asked for, I've never seen anyone ask for this?

Now there isn't as much warning about the content of a msg and regular forum users won't know who's replying from a forum post.

By *eopardyMan 5 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Echo what others have said - commonly used to filter out non-readers.

Was this change made in response to user demand? Feels to me there’s plenty of other changes that the site would benefit from, so why would introduce one that’s on no-one’s priority list??

"Of all the updates people asked for, I've never seen anyone ask for this?

Now there isn't as much warning about the content of a msg and regular forum users won't know who's replying from a forum post."

They will - it's been though of

Portsmouth

"The heading change is good but it takes some getting used too regarding the change to access the persons profile by clicking the photo and not the username."

You can still click on the username

By *icebuttnaughty4uMan 5 weeks ago

Portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 10/05/24 09:03:14]

By *aughtyjamesMan 5 weeks ago

Inverclyde

This doesn't work for me when using my phone to access the site

By *icebuttnaughty4uMan 5 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Dumb move. Changing things that don't need changing instead of useful things like filter by distance so you dont get dickheads from 100s of miles away msging you. Not that anyone msgs me as a man lol (Except other men )

By *aughtyjamesMan 5 weeks ago

Inverclyde

"The heading change is good but it takes some getting used too regarding the change to access the persons profile by clicking the photo and not the username.

You can still click on the username"

This doesn't work for me when using my phone to access the site

By *eggieMarshmallowWoman 5 weeks ago

Cardiff

"Why do this ?!?!?!

99% of single ladies on here use that to see if someone has read their messages!!

Absolutely agree, super glad I didn't renew my site supporter now, messaging someone first does not need to be faster, people want thoughtful messages not 'fuck now'

By *inkyfun southcoastMan 5 weeks ago

South Wales / South Coast

" 99% of the time we received messages the subject was "hi". "

Having re-read this, I was thinking. Just because you had that, whilst it may happen to others, doesn’t mean the whole system needs to change based on your experience.

As others have rightly said:

" 99% of single ladies on here use that to see if someone has read their messages!! And event organisers use it to spot a message in regards to the event far easier / quicker !!!!!! "

And:

"I prefer to make use of the subject line to let the recipient know what the message is about. ie, Night out in Leeds this Saturday - as it tells them straightaway what is being proposed and it makes finding their reply a lot easier. "

There are some of us who genuinely use the subject line for specific things, myself included. Now we don’t have that luxury.

I strongly urge admin to reconsider this.

By *eroLondonMan 5 weeks ago

Mayfair

I think it was ill-advised removing that part of the 'feature', unfortunately.

You cannot compare the changes with ·instant· messaging apps such as WhatsApp.

The subject gave context and an intuitive way to scroll through your messages. If unimaginative people are titling their messages with "Hi" then it was a quick way to disregard those messages.

Also, it doesn't help those from the forums who are replying to group challenges or games etc, because there isn't a quick and discernable way to distinguish the solicited messages amongst the unsolicited ones.

Finally, for me, the subject also gave a failsafe method to mitigate accidental sending: a few times I've written a message and accidentally pressed send. Thankfully it didn't go through because I hadn't (yet) filled in the subject. It's not like we have a "pre_iew" feature before sending a message.

On the whole Fab serves its purpose, for me. But when you focus on the 'low hanging fruit' which makes very little difference to the functionality, then the more important stuff gets overlooked.

Portsmouth

"The heading change is good but it takes some getting used too regarding the change to access the persons profile by clicking the photo and not the username.

You can still click on the username

This doesn't work for me when using my phone to access the site "

I'm on my phone and it works

By *Q_GentMan 5 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

Really, really bad idea.

You're causing an issue by trying to resolve something that was never a problem.

So what if 99% of Subject lines were "Hi"

It means that for the other 1% it stood out as something slightly more interesting and would more likely to be opened.

By the same argument you'll be removing messages altogether next as 99% of messages are "U OK?"

By *oshSardineMan 5 weeks ago

The High Chaparral

The site can do as they wish however I see absolutely no benefit to this. The subject gave a reason to open. 99.9% of the users on this site I don’t know. Only my friends have my WhatsApp or text me and they don’t need a subject line to text me. I can see a higher yield of messages just being deleted or left unread now and people will just get pissed off with it and either leave or just log out and not bother with it anymore. Money talks and bullshit walks and went site support starts dwindling, maybe they’ll revisit the situation and see what peoples feelings are like.

By *icked JezebelWoman 5 weeks ago

East Midlands not

Really not happy about 'subject' being removed. I use this as part of my filters to see if someone has bothered to read my profile and added the requested text. Admins suggestion to ask for it to be the first word of the message is not great. Who thought this would be a good idea??? Were any users consulted about this? Please put it back, thanks x

By *uminsiderMKMan 5 weeks ago

St Austell

Another instance of something not being broke, but someone decided to fix it anyway...

....in similar vein to a couple of previous responses, the subject line is very useful for denoting exactly what a message is about - not just for recipients, but senders also...

....when exchanging messages with different members, it is much easier for both parties to differentiate between multiple conversations when they have different titles...

....restore the feature, please.

By *aughtynottsCouple 5 weeks ago

Outside Nottingham

Not that interested in the subject header but what is frustrating is not being able to click on the profile before reading the email can't this be rectified back to how it was some messages are better left unread to respond too later.

Carmarthenshire

"Really, really bad idea.

You're causing an issue by trying to resolve something that was never a problem.

It means that for the other 1% it stood out as something slightly more interesting and would more likely to be opened.

By the same argument you'll be removing messages altogether next as 99% of messages are "U OK?""

Exactly this!!!

Carmarthenshire

"Really not happy about 'subject' being removed. I use this as part of my filters to see if someone has bothered to read my profile and added the requested text. Admins suggestion to ask for it to be the first word of the message is not great. Who thought this would be a good idea??? Were any users consulted about this? Please put it back, thanks x"

I second this!!

By *hird_wheelingCouple 5 weeks ago

Gateshead

Let’s think of ways to make the site worse for couples and single women! Instead of messing around removing subject headers can you invest some money into revamping the website so it resembles something worthy of 2024! Or better still an App??

By *wing.Man 5 weeks ago

Thatcham

Like most others, I think this is a terrible idea. I someone puts a status of "what's your verdict of XYZ" I'd always put the message header as the subject they've asked about. Yes, the suggestion has been just out said topic as the very beginning of the message, but as the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, then don't fuck with it".

By *herrybakewellsWoman 5 weeks ago

I prefer it. I can read more of the message without committing to opening it. If people want to use code words/subjects, they can start the message with them.

By *wing.Man 5 weeks ago

Thatcham

[Removed by poster at 10/05/24 09:36:22]

By *wing.Man 5 weeks ago

Thatcham

"Really not happy about 'subject' being removed. I use this as part of my filters to see if someone has bothered to read my profile and added the requested text. Admins suggestion to ask for it to be the first word of the message is not great. Who thought this would be a good idea??? Were any users consulted about this? Please put it back, thanks x"

If they were, I'd be willing to put money on it mostly being single guys who never want to make the effort anyway

By *ogerBottomsMan 5 weeks ago

Aberdare

What an absolutely dogshit move by Fab.

By *wing.Man 5 weeks ago

Thatcham

"I prefer it. I can read more of the message without committing to opening it. If people want to use code words/subjects, they can start the message with them. "

Maybe the one benefit from this. Better idea, bring headers back AND keep the extended pre_iew

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 5 weeks ago

North West

It's awful.

Headers told me the message was:

A continuation of an existing conversion.

A message from a random person.

A message from a forum.

Without them it's annoying to try and decipher any of the above from each other.

Please change it back or offer it as a toggle option.

East Midlands not

"What an absolutely dogshit move by Fab. "

Totally agree with this

By *irenGuy70Man 5 weeks ago

Cirencester

Of all the suggestions I've seen on the forum for site improvements I've never seen this suggested, ever. To compare this area to 'instant messenger' apps is missing the point I feel - with those apps you're usually already friends with people you're chatting to.

I don't see how these changes work for anyone - the women and couples who are inundated with messages, and the single guys who want to stand out from the crowd when messaging - my witty subject lines are ruined! . Please revert it back again.

By *edheadsruleCouple 5 weeks ago

lancashire

Why, just why?

By *el1204Man 5 weeks ago

leeds

Subject can make the single male outstanding and genuine

Remove subject that’s mean all the single male can quit FAB

Because I can foresee will have a lot of messages delete and unread.

By *e52Man 5 weeks ago

St Saviours

WHY change something that ain`t broke? the old version of reply was great, now when I try to send a message, I get the message you have already sent a message to this user no I have not as it is to new users this system is a big load of crap

By *eladonfrivolousWoman 5 weeks ago

NO bullshit town

"Why do this ?!?!?!

What an extremely sh!t move !!!!!!

Absolutely agree, super glad I didn't renew my site supporter now, messaging someone first does not need to be faster, people want thoughtful messages not 'fuck now'"

I think the change allows for exactly that. Ease of use for the easy. join, subscribe, message whatever bull crap you like, then leave, rinse and repeat. Equates to a goldmine.

By *lack Orchid 0204Man 5 weeks ago

Leeds

There was a stat years ago less than 1% of the site posted in the forums, if the forum is representative of the site going by this thread it seemz most of the site want it back

By *ittleOneXxWoman 5 weeks ago

NorthWest

Subject on messages is used to filter out the one line, one word messages from users. It is one thing that filters out the people that make an effort and if they have read the profile that they are messaging. I don't think this option should have been removed and I'm sure others would agree. Plus it's a fun way to set topics with friends too!

Strongly disagree with this. This is very much the way most software development goes, take something that everyone is used to, try to do something fancy with it, suddenly people are pressing the wrong things or something is now more clicks away for no practical reason. Revert it back and focus on actual issues people are finding or functional improvements like a dark mode rather than gimicky changes. Would love to see their features backlog for what things have been skipped over for this.

By *randMrsNaughtyyCouple 5 weeks ago

Worcestershire

Not a fan of the removal of the subject for messages as we along with other couple use this for a way to know who has properly read through our profile and not messaging for the fun of it!!

Please reinstate it

By *oonlitMisfitMan 5 weeks ago

Morcambe

I have to admit the subject is a useful feature. It's easier to screen messages, albeit you have the from friends filter. However, given the abundance of users who want to "friend" others just to see private pictures/videos, that feature can be muted depending on how a user chooses to use the friendship feature.

Also, I don't know about others on social media messengers. Still, I only tend to sometimes read messages days later due to not caring or wanting to read long messages, whereas, with a subject, I know whether it is worth reading.

Just my tuppence.

Portsmouth

"Of all the suggestions I've seen on the forum for site improvements I've never seen this suggested, ever. To compare this area to 'instant messenger' apps is missing the point I feel - with those apps you're usually already friends with people you're chatting to.

I don't see how these changes work for anyone - the women and couples who are inundated with messages, and the single guys who want to stand out from the crowd when messaging - my witty subject lines are ruined! . Please revert it back again.

"

Exactly. Never once seen anyone ask about this. It's mostly asking for better search filters.

I'd like an option to hide x rated pics.

By *rincess1988Woman 5 weeks ago

South Oxfordshire

"Let’s think of ways to make the site worse for couples and single women! Instead of messing around removing subject headers can you invest some money into revamping the website so it resembles something worthy of 2024! Or better still an App?? "

Omg this!!!

Everyone “dating” “meeting” platform (whatever you wanna call it) moved to an app. This site is stuck in 2005 and now they remove things no one EVER complained about. What are the site owners actually doing with the subscription fees?

Mayfair

"...What are the site owners actually doing with the subscription fees?"

They're enjoying a non-stop Mardi Gras in Rio de Janeiro and doing the world's longest Conga.

Ridiculous. So what if a lot of messages start 'hi'? Serious messages relate to a specific thing and stand out. Put it back!

By *all85Man 5 weeks ago

Mossley

I found this annoying too, but, you can just click on their profile picture which takes you to the profile. Still annoying though.

By *ssexbasedmaleMan 5 weeks ago

Southend

Terrible alteration. Now - you can’t even click on the profile of the person you have sent the message to. Previously that allowed you to navigate to their profile, with one click.

Now - it just takes you into the message you’ve sent them. Utter RUBBISH.

If I want to see when that person was last on line - I have to search their user name…?!?!?

Terrible ‘upgrade’

By *rossMan 5 weeks ago

Everywhere

Yeah also a big -1 for this, revert it please, it wasn't broken and it made sense. Now I also can't get to the persons profile page when pressing their name on my inbox. You've made this a way worse experience, please listen to your users

Aberdare

"What are the site owners actually doing with the subscription fees?"

Having a lovely time on a solid gold yacht.

By *adyBugsWoman 5 weeks ago

cognito

I liked having a subject line so I could see what messages I wanted to read and which ones I wanted to delete without reading, especially if it was linked to a forum game. Now I’ll have to read them all and probably end up with more abusive messages for reading messages and not responding.

By *inden84Couple 5 weeks ago

cambridgeshire

And you wonder why you’re losing ground to other apps and sites? It’s moves like these fixing issues that are not issue

By *leasureman123Man 5 weeks ago

Manchester

No one ever responds even if you put their “keyword” in so that’s a BS excuse for keeping the subject line anyway!

Probably had 5 or 6 replies to this over 15 years on the site!

People read messages with proper subject lines not hi or hey or meet etc. that’s the only reason for keeping it!

Should make each message have a minimum of 40 words and the subject line minimum of 5 that would increase proper replies etc.

By *xmfrvnMan 5 weeks ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Rubbish move, seemingly made only because it irritated the admin - have any users ever been asked for opinions beforehand?

Message subjects are a useful feature. The change might make sense if there was an actual upgrade to the messaging - it makes sense on instant messaging apps because they're instant - this is still as clunky as email was 20 years ago.

So many other features need attention before this.

By *aughtyGent86Man 5 weeks ago

Manchester

Seems like a pointless change. Surely it’s better to have it and not have to use it then people get a choice. If you’re wanting to be more like WhatsApp why not allow people to have group messaging?

By *lternativenerdMan 5 weeks ago

Birmingham

Please revert back! It’s how I know people have read my profile and vice versa- I wouldn’t get 99% of the replies I get if it wasn’t for the subject line. I don’t get what was wrong with it.

If you didn’t like it then just don’t make it mandatory, that way people can still use it. Furthermore it’s great for event planning- I can just go to messages with the subject CHAMS BBW so I know who I’m playing with at that event etc.

cognito

Genuine curiosity. Do you get users to test this before you roll out changes? The hyperlinks to a persons name in messages forces you to open the message when it should take you to the messagers profile. Basic UI failure that could easily have been avoided…unless it’s also a sparkling new feature no one asked for…this is like facebook and all their pointless new weekly “features”

By *Streeting2018Man 5 weeks ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 10/05/24 11:25:50]

By *inden84Couple 5 weeks ago

cambridgeshire

A lot of people won’t reply to a silhouette as well like us

By *Streeting2018Man 5 weeks ago

Sheffield

1. Most people don’t read profiles anyway and just see what word people want in the subject and use it without reading the profile anyway. So it’s completely pointless using the subject as a way to filter messages anyway.

2. Most people won’t reply even if you use the subject title and make an effort with your message, because we’re not here to analyse eachother’s writing abilities. Ultimately, we judge based on pics and what they look like. And you can stop people messaging you if they don’t have pics.

By *angibleMan 5 weeks ago

Norwich

Not a fan.

I entered the subject last so that a fat finger error didn't send the message half cocked. Obviously this also needs the 'enter subject before sending' check so if message subjects are reinstated please don't forget that.

Also I find it generally useful for threading conversations, giving a heads up on the content and passing the 'have you read my profile' capatcha which I think is an excellent idea.

So please bring it back as it was.

Thanks

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 5 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

Since when has needing a subject been a barrier to people sending messages on here?

As others have mentioned above, the subject helped differentiate whether messages were a reply to a forum post or copy and paste spam.

Also for people who use the forums as way of managing guest lists for socials or club events this will be a nightmare and likely drive them to use other platforms where it will be easier to filter messages.

B

Aberdare

"No one ever responds even if you put their “keyword” in so that’s a BS excuse for keeping the subject line anyway! "

Putting the keyword in the subject line doesn't guarantee a response. It's so that person can reduce the number of messages they have to trawl through.

By *lue_Silver_69Woman 5 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

What a ridiculous idea. Of all the things you could do to improve the site you pick something that alot of people disagree with

By *uckchowmeinCouple 5 weeks ago

Loughborough

Doesnt make sense to me to have removed the subject bar.

I would of done something else that people want.

Maybe split areas to counties or set a filter for distance to block messages etc.

Its like your running windows 95 and moving back to ms dos.

The sites already very very dated compared to other sites and even apps!

By *omKsubSMan 5 weeks ago

Newton

Unless you are making the site like some of the dating apps where only mutual 'likes' can message each other, this is a bad move.

You say just put the subject in the first line... ok, so now the empty lines I put under it to make it stand out have made the increased pre_iew size pointless.

Tbh there are other, far more pressing issues with the sites code that need fixing than removing functionality.

By *r John WickMan 5 weeks ago

The Continental

Hopefully the U-turn on it will be faster than a politicians.

By *ensualencountersCouple 5 weeks ago

Fort William

Echoing everyone elses comments - the subject line was a great filter.

Not only could you separate messages easily by dates, events etc, but also show someone had taken the time to read your profile.

Further to that - you could generally tell weather a message was worth reading by the quality of the subject.

Bad decision on the sites behalf this one.

By *ampWithABrainWoman 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Utterly ridiculous, nonsensical and extremely annoying move!!

Warning that the header has been removed

NO warning that this now means we cannot click on the username from the inbox to check the profile first before deciding if we want to read the message which I - and I KNOW from numerous discussions with other fabbers - many women and couples and some men prefer to do

Seriously

IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT!

I’m regularly on the forums I have as others have said NEVER seen this change requested!

What I WOULD like to see is:

Being able to search inbox by header or username

Being able to search friends list by username

An actual fab app being developed.

I support because of the ridiculousness of if you don’t you can’t keep track of message threads, also to be able to post more pics, see communication history with other profiles and see distances on profiles - all of which are free on other similar sites and apps!

Crazy decision.

I agree forumites may be 1% of site users but I’ll bet good money non forumites are also complaining and annoyed by this change!

Stupid!

Carmarthenshire

It would have been better to introduce a "comment section" on photos , or a " story " feature like most apps have, that's there to _iew for 24 hours.

Don't use the fees to take away a very handy filtering feature!

By *upcake and wandmasterCouple 5 weeks ago

long eaton

I saw this daft update this morning and came direct to the forum to see if there was a barrage of comments saying what a dreadful idea this was...

I was not disappointed, here it is in full flow already.

I second the _iews of pretty much everyone else universally condemning fab for this jump backwards and ask that admin have a change of mind and restore things to how they were 24 hours ago.

Just seems to open the door to many more mind numbing copy and paste messages.

By *azzberryMan 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

Personally, I don't like it.

With, WhatsApp - I have invited the individual to communicate directly with me.

With, say my profile anybody can reach out to me meaning a E-Mail style subject header is really useful.

Some people on Fab have say more people on their Friends List than on their WhatsApp therefore can't remember all of these connections.

What, I therefore would suggest is this idea & it's a suggestion that's all...

Fab Swingers NEEDS a update in terms of it's layout. I would be more than willing to donate to make this happen via PayPal & for the site to be off-line for 31 to 41 days to get it right.

Yet, for this to be done correctly means extensive consultation asking users on things that irritate them using the site currently & things they've seen on other websites that could be included in the updated version of Fab.

I've got loads of ideas & am here to help.

By *allenAngel70Man 5 weeks ago

west bromwich

It's awful now. You can't even block someone if they have been abusive, unless you go to the 'who's looked at me'

Aberdare

"Fab Swingers NEEDS a update in terms of it's layout. I would be more than willing to donate to make this happen via PayPal & for the site to be off-line for 31 to 41 days to get it right. "

I agree that the site needs updating, but suspect that the owners can afford it on what they're getting from subscribers already, given that they don't appear to have spent anything on development since most users were using dial-up.

By *rosuckerMan 5 weeks ago

east end

Great but now on my inbox if i click on fabname it takes me to the message rather than their profile. If that could be fixed thatd be amazing

By *ugby 123Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It's awful now. You can't even block someone if they have been abusive, unless you go to the 'who's looked at me' "

You can still block from the mail or click on the avatar next to the mail to bring up the profile

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Great but now on my inbox if i click on fabname it takes me to the message rather than their profile. If that could be fixed thatd be amazing "

If you click on the avatar next to the mail it should take you to the profile

Mayfair

Also....with email notifications the "subject" would be stated. Now it's just ""New Fab msg from {profile name}"".

When logged off from Fab I could tell from the subject what the context was (e.g. Fab game/compliment/challenge etc).

Rugby, if you can fix this I'll give you a 1966 bottle of Chateau Neuf de Whatnots.

By *anther PurrrsWoman 5 weeks ago

the Shadows Purrring or Roaring

Why fix what isn’t broken???

It was a handy feature and well used by many. Definitely prefer for it to be reinstated!!

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 5 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Jeez, the one time this place bothers to "update" the site and it's something wildly unpopular and unhelpful.

Maybe it's better, maybe it isn't, but surely fixing the stuff that actually doesn't work properly would be better than this!

"Really, really bad idea.

By the same argument you'll be removing messages altogether next as 99% of messages are "U OK?""

Agree with the 1% non- hi messages being easier to find.

"Cauliflowers make me moist" as a message subject was always eye catching.

Glasgow

The site badly needs updating, I’ve been on fab over 12 years and it hasn’t changed in all that time or at least not in any meaningful way.

I’m also certain the money IS available to update it properly and turn it into an actual app.

To compete in this market place with the numerous sites and apps available (I’m inc “dating” apps here but a lot are used by swingers too for basically same reasons) you have to keep up with the technology and what users want from it.

Over a decade with little change is crazy even just from a business perspective.

Survey users, find out what they like, don’t like, what they’d like added and I’m pretty damn sure you would find you’re even more successful than you are currently.

A business that doesn’t evolve becomes obsolete.

By *ynxxxMan 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Of all of the many things Fab could've done to update and improve the site - They've done this which nobody's asked for, and is proving to be an unpopular move.

Why?

And why not listen to, and act on the many great and used suggestions users have fed back over the years?

By *ynxxxMan 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

And why not listen to, and act on the many great and used suggestions users have fed back over the years? "

*useful suggestions

By *llbarnoneMan 5 weeks ago

Aberdeen

I think this is a good change, like you've said you can put anything at the start of the message if some require evidence their profile has been read or if it's regarding a meet.

One thing I've noticed with the change if you look at your sent messages you can no longer click on a users name taking you into their profile

Glasgow

"I think this is a good change, like you've said you can put anything at the start of the message if some require evidence their profile has been read or if it's regarding a meet.

One thing I've noticed with the change if you look at your sent messages you can no longer click on a users name taking you into their profile "

This is what a number of us were annoyed by.

You can click on profile pic but that wasn’t advertised at first, it is now - I’m guessing not only forum comments but messages from annoyed fabbers prompted that move

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

You can click on profile pic but that wasn’t advertised at first, it is now - I’m guessing not only forum comments but messages from annoyed fabbers prompted that move "

It was there from the off. There is also a hint about it on top of your mailbox

"New! We've removed message subject to make messaging quicker. Tip: Tap profile photo to go directly to profile."

By *otwifeandhimxCouple 5 weeks ago

Coimbra Portugal

I prefer it without as I was often confused when messages started there then continued in main message because I never read them lol

By *urvyPrincess36Woman 5 weeks ago

in your dreams

This is going to be so problematic for event organisers and filtering out if people have actually taken the time to read someone's profile.

Glasgow

"

You can click on profile pic but that wasn’t advertised at first, it is now - I’m guessing not only forum comments but messages from annoyed fabbers prompted that move

"New! We've removed message subject to make messaging quicker. Tip: Tap profile photo to go directly to profile.""

I never saw that when I went in earlier plus it’s in small and light coloured type.

Why change this aspect though? Or did it happen unintentionally ?

By *ikeC81Man 5 weeks ago

harrow

This a blimen awful idea - I use it to see if it’s someone I’ve met at a social or a forum new introduction or if it’s on on going chat

Please change it back

By *ophia BanksTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It's a great idea guy's, I'm so glad yous eventually done it!...Was tired of constantly putting ..... in the headers cause its a waste of time tbh. I'm all for it!

By *ikeC81Man 5 weeks ago

harrow

"This is going to be so problematic for event organisers and filtering out if people have actually taken the time to read someone's profile. "

This is going to be a nightmare for event organisers / personal meets

People will have to have too logins then people will have accounts blocked locked for this

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback so far, we're reading this thread and the various comments however they come to us and we'll continue to make refinements

Admin x

Carmarthenshire

"Thanks to everyone for providing feedback so far, we're reading this thread and the various comments however they come to us and we'll continue to make refinements

Admin x"

Instead of giving us another update, this time about how to use the new feature ( guessing from all the negative feedback ) just change it back to how everyone liked it?

By *asyGent75Man 5 weeks ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

Just goes to the msg when you click their name instead of before you went into their profile bizarre change in my eyes

By *herryEatersCouple 5 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"We've removed message subject in Private Mails. Same as you don't have to write a "subject" line when you send a whatsapp or a text, you don't on here either. 99% of the time we received messages the subject was "hi". It makes messaging slightly easier. As part of this, the small number of users who weren't yet on the new style "grouped" mailbox have also been moved over. Any feedback on this change, in this thread please "

Yes rediculous step BACKWARDS and stop the force to grouped mailbox too !. Last time we tried that we found it impossible to delete all or specific messages from a particular chat without going back to the old mailbox and manually deleting from there !!. BIG STEP BACKWARDS FAB !!

By *urvyPrincess36Woman 5 weeks ago

in your dreams

"This is going to be so problematic for event organisers and filtering out if people have actually taken the time to read someone's profile.

This is going to be a nightmare for event organisers / personal meets

People will have to have too logins then people will have accounts blocked locked for this

"

Exactly..

By *iewMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Just goes to the msg when you click their name instead of before you went into their profile bizarre change in my eyes "

You click the image

amazing how so many good ideas for improvement down the years have been ignored without so much as a bye your leave, yet this gets forced through when the majority neither asked for or wanted it.

given the amount of messages single women get on here the moment they log on, how in the hell can they sort through them, or know if its a continuation of a chat the last time they were on?

what next? another tweak of the search updates so that people who havent been on for up to an hour (rather than the current 30 minutes) are shown as "being online now"??

so glad i gave up site supporter in January after 9 years on here.

By *evon_LexiWoman 5 weeks ago

Devon

I'm agreeing with most posts on here. The removal of the title in the message is not helpful at all. Especially when profiles have a 'put such and such' in the title to show the profile has been read. Please revert to previous!

By *artinBCFCMan 5 weeks ago

Downend, Bristol

I would prefer to keep the headers please. If/when I have several threads on the go at once, I can distinguish between each one better when they have different headers and concentrate on the one(s) I regard as most urgent.

East Midlands not

"Thanks to everyone for providing feedback so far, we're reading this thread and the various comments however they come to us and we'll continue to make refinements

Admin x"

The most suitable 'refinement' would be to put it back to how it was. Who came up with this idea and were any users consulted about the changes? Without a subject line you are causing the message function to be user UNfriendly. Please sort it out. Thanks x

Glasgow

Admin x

The most suitable 'refinement' would be to put it back to how it was. Who came up with this idea and were any users consulted about the changes? Without a subject line you are causing the message function to be user UNfriendly. Please sort it out. Thanks x"

exactly how i described it in a private message via the contact tab at the bottom

user UNfriendly

By *exyhousewifeCouple 5 weeks ago

Gosport

Put the subject back please it's very useful to show single males have actually read our profile. That way we know before which ones to delete and which to read. If you don’t put it back then you need to make single makes take a read profile test before they can send a message to that person or couple

By *Q_GentMan 5 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

One of your arguments for removing the subject header is so that it makes sending messages easier.

Why not just make the subject header optional so you have the ability to write a subject if you want, but at the same time, the site would allow blank subjects so that people can still send messages quickly.

That would suit both sides of the issue

By *lue NotebooksCouple 5 weeks ago

Wirral

Yeah, I hate this

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"New! We've removed message subject to make messaging quicker. Tip: Tap profile photo to go directly to profile."

I never saw that when I went in earlier plus it’s in small and light coloured type.

Why change this aspect though? Or did it happen unintentionally ? "

The hint in the mailbox? I am not sure it has been changed, it was there when I first logged in.

By *midnight-Woman 5 weeks ago

The subject heading makes it really easy to identify messages generated by forum threads which makes them easy to respond to

In honesty i think there are better features that you could have spent your time +effort fixing... This seems like a step backwards if I'm honest

By *interspiceWoman 5 weeks ago

Alloa

Admin x"

That means opening every mail! I don't think so.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

you could say that about single ladies and couples too... its not just the single males on here that dont read profiles you know

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The subject heading makes it really easy to identify messages generated by forum threads which makes them easy to respond to

In honesty i think there are better features that you could have spent your time +effort fixing... This seems like a step backwards if I'm honest "

If you send a message to someone from a forum thread it auto generates where from at the top of the message

Norwich

Admin x

That means opening every mail! I don't think so.

If it ain't broke why fix it?"

It doesn’t though as the mailbox now displays a few lines from the actual message body

Norwich

"The subject heading makes it really easy to identify messages generated by forum threads which makes them easy to respond to

In honesty i think there are better features that you could have spent your time +effort fixing... This seems like a step backwards if I'm honest

If you send a message to someone from a forum thread it auto generates where from at the top of the message"

The one I had was formatted like this

Reply to forum post "Reply"

So yeah totally unhelpful

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you send a message to someone from a forum thread it auto generates where from at the top of the message

"

At a guess it was from this thread called "reply"

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/1600616

By *TTT123Man 5 weeks ago

Lowestoft

Admin x

The most suitable 'refinement' would be to put it back to how it was. Who came up with this idea and were any users consulted about the changes? Without a subject line you are causing the message function to be user UNfriendly. Please sort it out. Thanks x"

TOTALLY AGREE!!

By *BlackWidowXWoman 5 weeks ago

MiddleofMyStreet

Now i will say i like how much bigger the messages are.. that will take some getting use to (i thought for a moment my browser had zoomed in).

The subject missing... i am not a fan of, when i want to post a meet, i like to include a word for them to put in the subject of a message. It helps when i want to have a meet narrowing down who has read what i am after.. and those who have not.

Norwich

At a guess it was from this thread called "reply"

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/1600616"

Doh! Yeah you’re right apologies I thought it meant it was reply to a reply sort of meaning forgot that was the title of the thread

Leeds

Admin x"

This downgrade is.About as popiular as var in football.

By *am80CoolWoman 5 weeks ago

Town

[Removed by poster at 10/05/24 15:57:08]

By *harlieFun123Man 5 weeks ago

Winnersh

This is a very stupid update. So many actual updates that are required and they choose something they think would be a “quick win” which reading through all these comments has actually back fired.

I can only assume it’s a way to try and reduce a kb of space here and there rather than a requested update by customers

By *lexiaHeatWoman 5 weeks ago

London and Stafford

I personally like that the subject is gone. I never used it anyway and found it annoying that I needed one. But I understand some people found it useful, so maybe it can be optional (still there but not a requirement to send a message). You can’t please everyone, but thanks for trying!

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 5 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

In a WhatsApp or text, you've already gone through the introductions and email styling to get something so personal as a phone number.

It's not like you need to put in a subject on every subsequent message. A header on an initial message to someone makes absolute sense.

I also tend to search the inbox page with terms from the headers to find them, because names or the most recent messages first lines aren't as easy to keep in my head.

I'll get used to it. But it absolutely does not seem like an improvement in any way.

Norwich

"I personally like that the subject is gone. I never used it anyway and found it annoying that I needed one. But I understand some people found it useful, so maybe it can be optional (still there but not a requirement to send a message). You can’t please everyone, but thanks for trying!"

That’s very true however what would be good is new ideas being tested out on subset of users who opt in to do so and feedback gathered to decide if it’s good or needs tweaking

Granted that may have been done but it does seem like it was just rolled out site wide without that

By *inotGringoMan 5 weeks ago

Lancashire

The first issue with this, is as many have said a lot of people use titles as a filter mechanism.

A small gripe I have is that you can no longer access the profile without opening the message. Admittedly minor, but I’ve found it quite irritating despite having not noticed message subjects had been removed.

By *eccy BumcheeksTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Bedworth

Messages (the ones from people who matter at least) are so much less exciting now

I really do think that the subject line added a lot of "zing" to a message if people chose to use it. If they didn't want to use it, well it wasn't a problem.

Oh and I am so tired of clicking the sender's username to look at their profile, and ending up in the message lol.

Even though I *know* I have to click the picture to go to the profile now, my brain just wont accept that.

My brain says "click the username to look at that person's profile". Then my hands do what my brain says and I end up in the wrong place EVERY time.

Maybe these are just "Beccy problems" rather than "everybody problems" lol but they still get on my (quite big and bouncy) tits.

By *oblueyesMan 5 weeks ago

Pontypridd

Great idea! I can’t stand the clowns who put hidden words in their profile, insisting you put it in the heading. They’re obsessed with people reading their long boring profiles, half the time they ignore your message anyway.

By *ubwifecoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Liverpool / Manchester

Hundreds of issues are raised on how to improve the site but instead a detrimental change is made to something that nobody has ever said is a problem. Bizarre really

By *MarinaxWoman 5 weeks ago

kent

"Why do this ?!?!?!

99% of single ladies on here use that to see if someone has read their *PROFILE*!!

Well said, totally agree.

Just making it easier for all the fakes unfortunately

By *an1978Woman 5 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

A step backwards imho

The subject line is how 99% of us filter messages...

If it says "forum subject" or mentioned something we have in common, I'll likely open it.

In the same vein, women will ignore my message, but the subject line usually ensures it is opened

By *midnight-Woman 5 weeks ago

If you send a message to someone from a forum thread it auto generates where from at the top of the message"

OK that's good to know that at least there is a way of distinguishing forum thread messages - thanks for the update

By *inky little MWoman 5 weeks ago

Bradford

Admin x"

That I agree with as I've changed what it says on my profile to write it as there first sentence as it will appear. I changed it as soon as I noticed the subject header had gone

By *eally_RosieWoman 5 weeks ago

Local to Scunthorpe

Now you have to click on their picture to take you to their profile… but clicking on their profile takes you to their message…

It’s backwards x

cognito

OK that's good to know that at least there is a way of distinguishing forum thread messages - thanks for the update "

Unless they delete that part of the text before they send the reply.

cognito

"Just goes to the msg when you click their name instead of before you went into their profile bizarre change in my eyes

You click the image "

Then why leave the name as highlighted as hyperlink? It’s confusing because you used to click that link to see a profile and now it forces you to read a message that you probably didn’t want to read.

By *carlettxStaxCouple 5 weeks ago

Nottingham

As per lots of the comments above I liked the title

As A it showed they had read my profile

Or

B I could tell what thread in a forum it related the DM related to.

By *fitmanMan 5 weeks ago

London

All the above.

It's bad enough that the site looks like it's still from the late 90s.

"How can we possibly piss members off even more...?"..

By *ungandmatureMan 5 weeks ago

Ashford

I am in FULL AGREEMENT that removing message Headers is plain WRONG, for a multitude of reasons, which others have correctly highlighted.

It will clearly be SIMPLE to revert to what we had yesterday, more so as one can still see all existing Headings on Sent Messages, and Read Messages.

AND the site seems to have "invented" a Heading - NS - for all new messages - what on earth does that mean?

I look forward to an early return to the status quo.

By *asyGent75Man 5 weeks ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

Can we have Yorkshire as a location and then set within that north east south and west cheers

By *ouonlyliveonce10002Man 5 weeks ago

Herefordshire

Why mend something that isn't broken? And I get that you can click on the profile pic to go to a profile..but why not the profile name as before. It just takes you to the message thread. Just doesn't make sense. An "improvement" dreamt up without any logic

By *ueerKinkyCoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Cambridge (She/They And They/Them)

"Of all the updates people asked for, I've never seen anyone ask for this?

Now there isn't as much warning about the content of a msg and regular forum users won't know who's replying from a forum post."

This.

Updates which I’d greatly appreciate would be:

A wider range of gender options (trans people can’t be in a couple at the mo).

Update the regions to include East Anglia.

Massive improve the search facilities.

A wider list of interests.

Thanks.

By *nyx_xyMan 5 weeks ago

London

Agree with the overall sentiments on this thread.

Not useful, and nobody asked. Reverse it.

By *woWayWorshipMan 5 weeks ago

Angus

Comparing the messaging to WhatsApp and texting is the worst take. WhatsApp and texting almost operate on a white list basis where only select people can message me. (I know it's not exactly a white list but it's similar enough).

Fab works more akin to a blacklist where I have to deny people the ability to message. Subjects make looking through your inbox at a glance much easier. It also shows (generally) who is going to be interesting.

There are plenty more things that could be doing with some work on the site beyond small changes like this though. Better/more comprehensive message and search filters. Being able to just use normal emoji. Updated interest lists. Modernised picture galleries. The site has been showing its age in general for a while now and could just use some general updating along with a fresh coat of paint.

The subject box is one of the smaller things that could have been changed and I'm unsure why it was even on anyone's radar.

By *uenevereWoman 5 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I consider the removal of this feature to be a bizarre backwards step.

Having a subject helps people to manage their messages.

By removing the subject in messages you could potentially lose members and subscribers, thereby losing income.

Leeds

"Great idea! I can’t stand the clowns who put hidden words in their profile, insisting you put it in the heading. They’re obsessed with people reading their long boring profiles, half the time they ignore your message anyway. "

Why would you message someone who was a boring clown ..

Maybe I'm doing it wrong I only message profiles that entice and interest

By *Wman72Man 5 weeks ago

Chester and all over North Wales and North West

Personally I don't like it. The subject line was good as a bit of an icebreaker or if someone had put up a status was good to use that as the title as such

By *ussylicker2224Man 5 weeks ago

Lichfield

I agree with you.

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I have to admit the subject is a useful feature. It's easier to screen messages, albeit you have the from friends filter. However, given the abundance of users who want to "friend" others just to see private pictures/videos, that feature can be muted depending on how a user chooses to use the friendship feature.

Also, I don't know about others on social media messengers. Still, I only tend to sometimes read messages days later due to not caring or wanting to read long messages, whereas, with a subject, I know whether it is worth reading.

Just my tuppence."

Agree it isn't a useful change. Fab messaging could benefit from more development, perhaps to look like webmail, with features such as sort by username/date, search and so on.

Cx

By *usanStoHelitWoman 5 weeks ago

liverpool

Just another one chiming in to agree with the vast majority of posters here. Absolutely ridiculous change, and the best solution would be reverse this nonsense ASAP, for all of the above listed reasons.

By *abswingers66Couple 5 weeks ago

HEREFORD

Dear Community,

We want to address a recent change that has impacted our communication: the removal of subject headings in our messages. This modification requires us to read through each message in full to grasp its context, removing our ability to quickly identify and prioritise our correspondence based on the subject line.

Previously, a well-crafted subject line not only allowed messages to stand out but also enabled efficient filtering and management of our inbox. This feature was more than just a tool; it was essential in helping us manage our time and attention across numerous messages daily.

We believe this change complicates rather than simplifies our communication process. Why fix something that wasn't broken? The reinstatement of subject lines would restore our ability to quickly navigate through our messages, ensuring that important communications receive the timely attention they deserve.

Let's consider the implications of this change and discuss the potential for reverting to the old system, which served our needs perfectly.

Best regards

By *r J and HarleyCouple 5 weeks ago

liverpool

Did anyone ask for this?

By *urreyNotSoNewbiesCouple 5 weeks ago

Surrey

Don’t recall anyone asking for this amend on the forums? Now we can’t immediately identify timewasters by subject or whether it’s to do with a specific event. Why do this? Please revert.

If you want to do something that people want - please separate CD/TV and trans - which many have requested and makes sense.

By *rtisticControl1Man 5 weeks ago

Thornbury

Of all the things to fix on this site, it seems like such a strange choice!

(speaking as someone who's been on and off Fab for 10+ years)

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple 5 weeks ago

Chippenham

"Terrible alteration. Now - you can’t even click on the profile of the person you have sent the message to. Previously that allowed you to navigate to their profile, with one click.

Now - it just takes you into the message you’ve sent them. Utter RUBBISH.

If I want to see when that person was last on line - I have to search their user name…?!?!?

Terrible ‘upgrade’ "

Just click on their profile pic within the message and it takes you to their profile

By *1godessWoman 5 weeks ago

Shoreham

Absolutely awful idea to remove the subject line. This let's me know if I have met someone at an event, if they have read my profile and if they are lazy.

Not something on this site that needed addressing at all!!

By *osKasCouple 5 weeks ago

Doncaster

People who place the required word can't be picture hunters?"

Of course they can, but at least they read the bloody profile text, which is more than most.

Its ok, we have just changed our profile saying to put the word at the start of their initial message.

By *ennottsguyMan 5 weeks ago

Long eaton

Poor move.

Hope you listrn to over whelming feedback and change it back.

This is totally unusable, I now no longer know which bukkake/gangbang event people are referring to.

Also when I click the username in sent messages I just get the message thread rather than the users profile. This makes it incredible difficult to compile guest lists.

Might have to cancel my events if this doesn't get fixed soon.

By *agician559Man 5 weeks ago

culcheth

I have been on fab for 12yrs+ and this has to be thr worst decision / change ever made. The subject title allows people to potentially introduce themselves based on a comment, statement and allows people to possibly stand out in a crowd.

By *eccy BumcheeksTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Bedworth

Lol not only did no one ask for this, but there's been backlash on the other site for the last week... But it's still been implemented here. What? Why?

They never listen to what people want, then implement something that clearly very few people want and absolutely nobody asked for. What? Why?

And just so that the site can be "like WhatsApp".. but why? WhatsApp is awful as well lol.

Why not ASK people if they'd like the feature and then gather feedback in order to make a decision on the matter.

What a mess. I was going to renew my membership here but not now as a protest.

I miss my subject line

By *a25TV/TS 5 weeks ago

oswestry

Awful decision! Doesn’t save time at all. Usually a good insight into the caliber of chat. Now you have to open everything and deal with the mundane drivel from folks that can’t spell correctly

By *undalk_SabreMan 5 weeks ago

Dundalk

"We've removed message subject in Private Mails. Same as you don't have to write a "subject" line when you send a whatsapp or a text, you don't on here either. 99% of the time we received messages the subject was "hi". It makes messaging slightly easier. As part of this, the small number of users who weren't yet on the new style "grouped" mailbox have also been moved over. Any feedback on this change, in this thread please "

Hate it.

Much better how it was.

Subject line means you can stand out...

...and when replying to a thread on a forum privately the subject is included.

Please revert...it's the wrong solution to a non-existant problem

By *eally_RosieWoman 5 weeks ago

Local to Scunthorpe

It’s awful. Shows how out of touch the owners/developers are with the user base. Not going to bother renewing site-supporters as a result. It paying money for a service that’s falling behind and getting worse x

By *adyinred696969Couple 5 weeks ago

Brecon

Bad idea, for all of the reasons listed above.

Also, what about the event organisers, especially the ones with multiple events on different dates? At least with the subject line, they could know which event people were enquiring about.

By *2wildwoodMan 5 weeks ago

near Sedgefield

Yea I found the same. Would be useful to bring that back

By *ady LickWoman 5 weeks ago

Northampton Somewhere

Not keen tbh.

It might save 'you' time but it definitely isn't user friendly! Sorry

Portsmouth

Admin x"

Maybe next time you could ask forum users before implementing the change? I think this has been the most unpopular decision since I joined.

By *exySiren01Woman 5 weeks ago

RCT

I'm having more of an issue with trying to check out a profile of someone who has messaged..I've clicked on so many usernames today automatically and ended up opening the message which I didn't want to do!! Clicking on the pic instead is going to take some getting used to, not sure I like it